Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrupt Mod Setup Advice

Stakhanov

Question

So, I'm looking at setting up a Super Vauban, essentially. I have most of the mods I need, not leveled yet. But I might need to expend some formas for this.

Essentially, I want to make a Vauban which can basically have unlimited Bastille should the need arise. I've been working on the following setup.

Fleeting Expertise - +40% Efficiency, -40% Duration
Narrow Minded - +99% Duration, -66% Range

Over Extended - +90% Range, -60% Strength

Streamline - +30% Efficiency

Focus - +30% Strength
Continuity - +30% Duration

Stretch - +40% Range

Constitution - +28% Duration

This means that the way I work it, I get the following:

117% Total Extra Duration, making the Bastille Cage last 32 Seconds.

70% power efficiency.*

+64% Additional Range, Making the Bastille Cage stretch 16 meters.

-30% Total Strength, making the cage hold just eight enemies, rounded down.

If the minimum power needed to strike the cage is 25, I will get 19.2 power back from Energy Siphon even playing solo, making it an EXTREMELY efficient power setup for defense missions.

One thing that is boggling me is that I could get 90% efficient, making the Bastille cage cost 7.5 power. However, I heard somewhere that each power needs a minimum amount of power to use, I heard it was 25. Can anyone help me with this? Theres no point me putting up the Fleeting Expertise any higher if it will impact my duration without any benefit.

Edited by Stakhanov

17 answers to this question

wow...you're building a bastille bot. That's 8 mods already, add 1 slot for bastille...so 9/10 slots dedicated to one ability?

Is it that hard to keep bastille up currently?

It's certainly not, it's just I play alone alot, and when I do defense missions in particular, when I use, for example, frost, the snow globe lasts long enough that energy siphon makes up the difference I spent in making the globe, -3 energy. Bastille doesn't last long enough to keep my energy up when I play solo, so I'm working on a Super Vauban build.

It's certainly not, it's just I play alone alot, and when I do defense missions in particular, when I use, for example, frost, the snow globe lasts long enough that energy siphon makes up the difference I spent in making the globe, -3 energy. Bastille doesn't last long enough to keep my energy up when I play solo, so I'm working on a Super Vauban build.

What's the 10th slot for? Shield or tesla?

overrated indeed.

i just can't see a reason to waste so much time and resources on a thing which can be done by installing single mod in a frame.

but have it your way.

The advancement of the masses is done by the work of the few :)

Having a self-sustaining Bastille is certainly not BAD thing, is it? If nothing else, this setup also translates well to Vortex and having infinite vortexes is most certainly NOT a bad thing.

Not worth it to you. I on the other hand want to create it. Has anyone actually discovered whether there's a minimum power consumption for each ability?

Super Jump on Excalibur is only 10 energy. 

I don't know if streamline affects it, but if there is a minimum, it's that. 

Having a self-sustaining Bastille is certainly not BAD thing, is it? If nothing else, this setup also translates well to Vortex and having infinite vortexes is most certainly NOT a bad thing.

Exactly. If people don't explore right to the boundaries and push limits, nothing exciting gets done, in my personal opinion.

emmm. you see i don't trust vortex anymore. when vauban was released i never had a problems with it, such as game crushes. however after U10 i have such problems. so i am kinda sticking with bastille and teslas. for cc and stun. And yes i do understand that my problems have nothing to do with overall performance of vortex and bastille with a build listed in OP.

however as it see it this build is for situation when you can have 4 energy siphons or you have better idea for auras or you running  pugs.

However in most cases constitution is enough to have never ending bastille.

p.s. i am not saying the idea is a bad one, i just do not see we i can use such a build. that's all.

Edited by Althix

however as it see it this build is for situation when you can have 4 energy siphons or you have better idea for auras or you running  pugs.

Actually, its the opposite, he is claiming to be ALMOST self-sustaining with only one energy siphon and an excess of energy with 2. This could allow other Auras to be brought along on defense missions like Corrosive Projection or Rifle Amp.

It's worth noting that this build is centered on being a solo play. It's all good running four players for 2.4 energy per second and you could sustain a Bastille, but for solo experiences, it's very difficult to keep your bastille cage running at all times.

A like Corrosive Projection or Rifle Amp.

yes

however, you see on ED you are not limited by time. so you can do well with 4 siphons.

as for solo... i don't think that even mobs from alert can provide any challenge. unless you wanna make it to wave 100 Infested ED solo.

Edited by Althix

yes

however, you see on ED you are not limited by time. so you can do well with 4 siphons.

as for solo... i don't think that even mobs from alert can provide any challenge. unless you wanna make it to wave 100 Infested ED solo.

That was the plan.