Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Your Desperate Moves To Stop Rushers Are Ruining The Game

Bushinji

Decreasing stamina recharge rate, removing slide attack acceleration, adding cooldown on the slide acceleration, adding two player doors into the new maps, etc., etc...

Some of them have been removed/ retweaked but we still wonder:
When will you finally get that some players like to rush and others enjoy a slower gameplay?
Is it SO difficult to have players choose their play style before entering the matchmaking queue? You even suggested it yourself on a livestream MONTHS ago and still there is not a single bit of it in the game yet except that you'll be paired with players having the same skill/mastery rank/conclave/whatever like you do but that tells you nothing(!) about the players play style.

I think you've got it all wrong. All the rushing methods were not intentionally designed. Warframe wants you to experience as much variety of combat as possible. Skipping enemies, rushing levels and being in slide mode 50% of the time... is not the game the developers created.

This whole rushing is a community created thing. In fact they are not balancing rushers they are fixing the game so that it's played the way it's meant to be.

And hell if you want to rush, leave people behind and you don't like dual lock doors. Why not play solo?

Edited by NetSlayer

I think you've got it all wrong. All the rushing methods were not intentionally designed. Warframe wants you to experience as much variety of combat as possible. Skipping enemies, rushing levels and being in slide mode 50% of the time... is not the game the developers created.

So the intent was for slow ninjas who have to kill everything they see?

I think not.

The way I see it, you shouldn't be rushing unless:

a) You're playing solo, in which case co-op doors won't bother you anyway

b) You're playing with friends who also want to rush, in which case co-op doors shouldn't bother you since you're keeping the same pace.

There's no reason to be rushing in a pug, that's just annoying to people who actually want to play the game. That being said though, I agree that nerfing mobility isn't the way to prevent rushing, and while co-op doors are okay I'd rather they gave people some incentive to NOT rush and actually explore the map (the Vaults are a step in the right direction, but I'd like to see some less contrived stuff, like a buff to locker/container drops) rather than adding roadblocks to hinder progression.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

This whole rushing is a community created thing. In fact they are not balancing rushers they are fixing the game so that it's played the way it's meant to be.

And hell if you want to rush, leave people behind and you don't like dual lock doors. Why not play solo?

First and foremost, the way somebody else plays the game is just as valid as how you play it, even if you don't like it.

I could agree with some of those things, except for the small fact that certain frames are actually better suited to avoid combat (in other words, skip enemies) than engage in it, e.g. Loki: High speed, low durability frame with invisibility and decoys as its most readily available abilities - kinda screams "should not be slugging it out in firefights with every enemy they come across" to me. Hell, the stealth approach wouldn't even be an option if it weren't intended for us to skip combat.

If DE doesn't want people rushing, positive incentives work better than their negative counterparts. This is something they did right with the void missions and started doing well with the Derelict vaults (even if I dislike the mechanics involved) - I very rarely rush, and hell, I move at an absolute snail's pace in the void, why? Because hidden loot rooms can drop stuff I wouldn't get by simply playing the mission from Point A to Point B.

Edited by Taranis49

To clarify, I did not mean to 100% kill all enemies. Even I don't do that and I often play as a very fast paced Ash. (Unless it's Solo exterminate)

I understand there are different styles of gameplay. I play the game in different styles too. 

What % do you mean then?

Rushing can be fun, and so can be killing everything. It all depends on playstyle. So I think you are right, there could be an option to choose your teammates based on how they want to enjoy the game.

I love diversity and options in a game and I think it's nice that this one allows many different playstyles. And I think it would be more interesting if the different objectives required different skills and rewarded you appropriatedly.

So far, I guess the game is favoring kills only, since you get lots of exp, mods, etc. solely by mass destruction. I wish there were more creative exploring and side/extra objectives or challenges. For example, finish the mission WITHOUT killing a single enemy, or without using any specials, or find 5 tomatos, etc.

BTW, some styles I've been seeing are:

"Run-For-Your-Lives-style" (Rushers): experience the freedom of passing flying over hordes of enemy or franticly sliding and wallrunning to reach the objective and/or the end.

"Explorer-style": open every single locker and chest, go into each room and try all the tunnels and hard to reach spots.

"The-Man-Who-Wans't-There-style": sneak through the map, undetected, do quick and swift kills, act like a true ninja. But, wait, where the heck are the missions you can really do this and still get rewarded for your awesome ninjutsu skills???

"Doom-style": kill them all! Even if the mission is spying or capture, just kill all those fraking basterds! MUWAHAHAHAHAH!

with:

- "Kaboom": pulverize them to ashes with some sort of energy blast (and dont leave a single enemy for your mates to kill)

- "Non-Stop-Action": slit them with your blade or simply stomp through (for adrenaline rush addicted players)

- "Gangster": just shoot shoot shoot (just be careful not to stand still while shooting in the middle of a room full of spawning enemies)

Of course, those are just exagerations. Players usually have mixed styles and are more flexible depending on the objetive. Or maybe not?

Decreasing stamina recharge rate, removing slide attack acceleration, adding cooldown on the slide acceleration, adding two player doors into the new maps, etc., etc...

Some of them have been removed/ retweaked but we still wonder:

When will you finally get that some players like to rush and others enjoy a slower gameplay?

Is it SO difficult to have players choose their play style before entering the matchmaking queue? You even suggested it yourself on a livestream MONTHS ago and still there is not a single bit of it in the game yet except that you'll be paired with players having the same skill/mastery rank/conclave/whatever like you do but that tells you nothing(!) about the players play style.

i noted noobs like myself when i first started picked up how to rush forward like older players quite quickly, and the reason i accepted it and had no issues mimicking it was simply that standing and fighting all the mobs along the way simply caused me to run out of ammo far too fast, this was particularly worrying on my first boss fight when id already be down to pistol ammo.

After that 1 simple issue, the habbit of trying to skip/rush as much as i can has simply stuck with me, as when i do get in a situation i cant rush/skip mobs i then have plenty of ammo to deal with the situation.

at least thats what i think based on my early observation, weirdly enough it was more an issue when i first started, now i actually have an improved/modded warframe/weapons etc, even if i do fight everything along the way this is no longer an issue, so maybe its just a bad habbit we pickup out of necessity when we first start?

Also theres the whole "being left behind" problem, no1 wants to be the man lagging behind and potentially getting killed miles from the nearest player.
Edited by Methanoid

Except that most Combat is the same point-n-shoot humdrum without caring what I aim at. I don't adjust tactics barely at all depending on opponent. To me a Elite Grineer (Hind User) and Trooper (Grakata) are identical, one just takes 2-3 shots instead of 1. Heavy Gunners are just bigger targets that eat more bullets, nothing special.

Enemies are bland and they don't encourage diverse play options. This is why everyone stacks HP/Shield mods on their frames and Ability Power modifications. Most frames are all about DPS even ones like Rhino (who thank god is fun to play at least). There is something about Rhino that "feels good" oh wait, it's because he is a balanced team-frame.

Rhino Charge: Decent Damage and a Mobility spell, ally downed across the map "Roooar!" and I am there to revive him.

Iron Skin: Shrug off bullets while I revive my ally or draw fire away from the pod? Yes, please.

Roar: Great damage buff for my whole team? Love it.

Stomp: nonsensical stomp of time stop? Sure, Great for creating a quick stop of all damage as a panic button. Does good damage to boot.

Rhino has NO useless skill or one that doesn't feel good. Other frames are plauged with at least 2 skills that don't feel good at all. This is partyly why Slash-Dashing came in. Combat is mundane and we aren't rewarded through Parkour in ways that actually save time. Why run up a while when I can just slash-dash across the room (even on a non-excal)?

People rush because its effective. It gets the job done. If your goal is to get the mission reward that is.

Not necessarily because its fun or anything.

DE is trying to deliver a gaming experience that focuses around being a space ninja. And not Flash or Sonic the Hedgehog.

When you rush you avoid many dificulties that the game is trying to get you to solve. Like defeating enemies. You generally miss out on a lot when you speedrun with volts speed buff as Loki while using melee helicopter attacks to fly through the whole map in an instant.

This is excately what made the Sling-Stone Event so freaking boring and repetetive. I don't want it and I encourage DE to remove these exploitive and boring game elements.