Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extra Mod Slots For Warframes & Weapons

Ash_of_Narmer

I’ve often wished I could add an extra slot or two with a small amount of extra mod capacity to a Warframe or weapon to make a build work a little better or maybe make a build more effective. I really find myself in trouble when it comes to weapons. I want to use the Pexilus slot so badly, but unless I forma every single weapon slot I have (thus locking myself into very stagnant builds) I can’t use it. I personally think it would be a good idea to create a form of mission, or a series of missions that can be completed over a couple days’ worth of time that would allow players to gather blueprints or even a whole new set of resources specific to building extra slots and mod capacity for weapons and Warframes.

Granted, to not break the balance of the entire game, these missions would have to be some whole new caliber of difficulty, requiring creative and challenging puzzles to solve as well as high level enemies to fight (I’m thinking at least lvl 150 to start). For me, this would really reinvigorate me to play Warframe more often.

Any supplemental feedback would be appreciated. If this post gets a decent amount of attention, I’ll start drafting up more concrete ideas.

• Like 2

Given that the number of Mod Slots and the Capacity is how DE balance how much damage/crit/status/multishot/other that they want a weapon to have... you're not likely going to change their methods on this.

Having to polarise nearly every slot on some weapons or frames is not a reason for them to change their minds either because... well it just means you're either playing the game more, to grind more Forma, or you're buying more Forma for Plat. Both of which are things they want you to be doing.

The builds are stagnant, currently, because of the way DE handles the mods and stats of the weapons themselves, not because of the limit of slots. Since weapons either fall into the category of a good Crit weapon, a good Status weapon, or a have a unique gimmick to play around instead, builds are incredibly stagnant.