Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel missions are tedious and frustration inducers more than anything else.

VieuxPappy

I'm not the one to make threads to complain but WTF DE. Also sorry if I'm "late to the party" about this .... extremely incompetent design decision (to put it lightely), but here is my take: 

Nobody does the grendel missions anymore so I'm stuck having to do it solo (WHICH SHOULD NOT EVEN BE A PROBLEM IN A WELL DESIGNED GAME). I gotta say, having to find the one cheese method to manage to go through the chore that his missions are is an extreme turn off. Having those missions impossible with most of the frames and equipment in the game is also completely stupid. Finally, a frame should never be locked behind such bullsh*t wall. Arcanes being locked behind harder or grindy content (like eidolons and SS) is fine, but a warframe, nah. Should not be a thing.

Why remove all the power the player obtained over time? While you're at it, may as well put the next warframe behind a mission with enemies lvl 100 and only give the players access to a lvl 1 excalibur with mk1 braton. 

I hope you'll seriously never attempt this kind of garbage ever again. 

• Like 10

I can’t wait to do the grendel mission, but I’m not up to that point yet 😞 It sounds like the amount of time it takes to get the pieces is long, but I may be okay with it. Need to try it first 😋

I was wondering whether it was doable solo 🤔 If this is an example of multiplayer requirement, I’ve been wanting things that I’d need my wife’s help with

I thought for sure there’d be people to offer help if you asked in chat or elsewhere 😕 I figured “Need help with grendel” would trigger sympathy and people would help.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb VieuxPappy:

I'm not the one to make threads to complain but WTF DE. Also sorry if I'm "late to the party" about this .... extremely incompetent design decision (to put it lightely), but here is my take: 

Nobody does the grendel missions anymore so I'm stuck having to do it solo (WHICH SHOULD NOT EVEN BE A PROBLEM IN A WELL DESIGNED GAME). I gotta say, having to find the one cheese method to manage to go through the chore that his missions are is an extreme turn off. Having those missions impossible with most of the frames and equipment in the game is also completely stupid. Finally, a frame should never be locked behind such bullsh*t wall. Arcanes being locked behind harder or grindy content (like eidolons and SS) is fine, but a warframe, nah. Should not be a thing.

Why remove all the power the player obtained over time? While you're at it, may as well put the next warframe behind a mission with enemies lvl 100 and only give the players access to a lvl 1 excalibur with mk1 braton. 

I hope you'll seriously never attempt this kind of garbage ever again. 

I hope these missions finally make people stop asking for warframe classic, because that's what we're looking at. Even to the point where Rebb told someone asking for warframe classic to play the grendel missions.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Now I feel kinda bad for buying 'im.

For encouraging them in release this bs wall in front of a frame? Maybe. But if you really wanted him and couldn't be bothered going through his bs missions, totally understandable lol. 

8 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

I hope these missions finally make people stop asking for warframe classic, because that's what we're looking at. Even to the point where Rebb told someone asking for warframe classic to play the grendel missions.

What the hell is even "warframe classic"? 

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I can’t wait to do the grendel mission, but I’m not up to that point yet 😞 It sounds like the amount of time it takes to get the pieces is long, but I may be okay with it. Need to try it first 😋

I was wondering whether it was doable solo 🤔 If this is an example of multiplayer requirement, I’ve been wanting things that I’d need my wife’s help with

I thought for sure there’d be people to offer help if you asked in chat or elsewhere 😕 I figured “Need help with grendel” would trigger sympathy and people would help.

You can't wait? AH! You're in for a surprise. Here's a lil spoiler alert (no story spoiler, just content spoiler) : the missions are with lvl 40+ enemies. There's a survival, a defense and an excavation mission. Each gives you one of the 3 pieces to craft grendel. Sounds easy, right? Now here's the punch: your frame and weapons are stripped of all their mods beside augments (which barely do anything in 90% of the cases) and you can't use gear or your operator mode either. Good freaking luck my friend. 

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

Sometime like WoW classic, giving people the questionable chance of playing warframe in the state it first released in. 

Oh lol, that's the rose-tinted nostalgia glasses a lot of people tend to have when remembering only the good about the past. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cloud said:

1 or 2 of them are doable as solo, long but doable. 

But if I remember well defense is terrible without a team.

Thing is, to make matters worst, the soloable ones are only soloable in a handful of ways. Pretty much all the frames and weapons are useless beside a couple of exeptions. And that's TERRIBLE design. 

9 minutes ago, VieuxPappy said:

You can't wait? AH! You're in for a surprise. Here's a lil spoiler alert (no story spoiler, just content spoiler) : the missions are with lvl 40+ enemies. There's a survival, a defense and an excavation mission. Each gives you one of the 3 pieces to craft grendel. Sounds easy, right? Now here's the punch: your frame and weapons are stripped of all their mods beside augments (which barely do anything in 90% of the cases) and you can't use gear or your operator mode either. Good freaking luck my friend. 

Yessss!!!

Haha. I think I may need to clarify why I’m excited.

I’m someone who often strips themselves of their powerful gear and equips Extinguished, Bleeding, and Decaying Dragon Keys to fight enemies on their level. It sometimes takes a few balancing runs; sometimes I have to equip a damage mod or two to get my challenge. I quite enjoy it! I die and fail missions sometimes! Makes the victories sweeter. And these grendel missions sound like they’re right up my alley. And the warframe themselves look fun.

I’m empathetically sorry it’s such a slog, and wish you the best in getting your parts quickly

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

2 minutes ago, VieuxPappy said:

Thing is, to make matters worst, the soloable ones are only soloable in a handful of ways. Pretty much all the frames and weapons are useless beside a couple of exeptions. And that's TERRIBLE design. 

i agree, especially the fact that the mission becomes a desolate land and force you to cheese the game with some sort of broken mechanic is not the most brilliant idea. Btw do you need help with the missions? No problem for me.

7 minutes ago, Cloud said:

i agree, especially the fact that the mission becomes a desolate land and force you to cheese the game with some sort of broken mechanic is not the most brilliant idea. Btw do you need help with the missions? No problem for me.

Sure, if you dont mind, add me ingame 🙂

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Wait. Each mission gives you a guaranteed piece of Grendel? 🤨

Yes. But it's at least 20min each and good luck even completing the missions with no reliably damage source, healing source or energy source. 

Just now, VieuxPappy said:

Yes. But it's at least 20min each and good luck even completing the missions with no reliably damage source, healing source or energy source. 

I’ll call in a friend if it gets hairy. Much like you’ve done after posting in this forum.

But that’s amazing! I was readying up to do it multiple times, but 🤯 .

27分钟前 , Cloud 说:

But it's kinda how to play warframe this day doesn't it? A new misson come out. You repeat the misson until you find something broken and use it to cheese the misson. or you go watch youtube to see how to cheese it. 

Edited by BRZZAFK

Yeah, I made the mistake of picking up the defense mission first.  I don't like defense as a game mode to start with, so that's not doing the process any favors, and I'm a solo player.  I don't think I'll ever get Grendel as it stands now.  I'm certainly not going to reward such an atrocious grind with my platinum and teaming up with other players is very difficult for me.  It's shame because I like his theme and very much enjoyed his Leverian entry so I was looking forward to him for the novelty if nothing else.  It was one thing to read about the no-mods restriction but to actually experience it was a nasty shock.  I'll just put him next to the Hema and Sibear on the list of things I'll do without.

I kinda like these missions because they give you the feeling back in 2013 as a beginner, hardcore, no operator. That's interesting and challenging, but only when you can get other people teaming up with you, as soloing this is a real pain (but is still viable with some specific equipment and switching your gaming statue from leisure mode to e-sport mode :P).

But I agree with your idea. I think they should set the difficulty to an easier level for those who cannot really get other people to play these mission with. 

Yea I'm still boycotting the Grendel missions. That's just the most stupid and lazy thing I've seen DE do, so far. I'm not supporting this kind of crap.

And yea they never bothered to adjust the scaling to solo players, even if it was obvious from day one that no one would be playing these missions in pugs after a couple months. They like to imagine that we all play in squads full of friends. I'm like lol sure I wish I could get a single friend of mine to spend 100+ hours struggling through that horrible new player experience of yours. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Now I feel kinda bad for buying 'im.

So did I, I couldn't be bothered to do arbitrations to buy the keys then get stuck doing the missions that everyone seems to hate. Was worth it too, I love the frame even if they did nerf him against sentients when he's not even that good to begin with. 🤷‍♀️

Did all 3 solo, wasn't too difficult, then again I think mirage p is among the "few selected frames", so it was kinda a easy breeze for a mirage main. There are probably several other warframes that are capable of doing them.

Also pretty sure if you own the "key" to those missions, you would be able to invite people who does not have it to form a squad, likely you can ask friends / clanmates to do them with you.

30 minutes ago, SirTobe said:

Yea I'm still boycotting the Grendel missions. That's just the most stupid and lazy thing I've seen DE do, so far. I'm not supporting this kind of crap.

And yea they never bothered to adjust the scaling to solo players, even if it was obvious from day one that no one would be playing these missions in pugs after a couple months. They like to imagine that we all play in squads full of friends. I'm like lol sure I wish I could get a single friend of mine to spend 100+ hours struggling through that horrible new player experience of yours. 

You should ask on the forums 👍.@VieuxPappy is a success story where they asked for help and got it. Perhaps they’d be willing to help you down the line 🤔

Edited by (NSW)Greybones