The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee needs fine tuning

TioMegaManX

This is rather simple, neutral combos should not push the player forward or at least not as much as they do now, walking combos should not nail the player to the ground as much as some of them do, gap closers should have more momentum instead of feeling like some arbitrary and inconsistent dash (an example of a good gap closer is Blind Justice, a bad one is Rending Crane's whose moving combo ironically has way better range), also lifted status should get the same treatment as current Titania's Lantern where the enemy is not just ragdolled with a breeze, you may think it was an improvement but it actually makes lifting attacks undesirable, someone suggested something more akin to Rhino Stomp, both would be an improvement over the current state of lifted status.

• Like 4

• The length of time and inputs after a forward momentum or lunge style move, should influence the distance you move.
  • The length/distance of a roll should be determined by both duration of button press, and input commands to movement while rolling.
  • Recovery attack for quick melee while knocked down.
  • Way more parry/counter/grapple moves, that utilize the feeding and spending of combo counter. Counter counters, guard breaks, and shield breaks.
  • Way better implementation on the Lift system, to make them more like Rhino's stomp.. and Stomp as well as other moves counting enemies as Lifted, for melee synergies.
  • All Horizontal heavy attacks need to be adjusted to also strike prone targets, or otherwise automatically engage a Heavy prone finisher when detected.
  • All prone finishers need review of ease of use to resolve part of why no one uses them (they're seriously powerful, and seriously neglected from inconsistency.)
  • Combo counter stacking faster, lasting longer, and degrading incrementally rather than suddenly.
  • Missing a heavy attack should Not cost you combo counter. (Channeling didn't cost you unless a target was struck.)
  • Hold E to heavy Option. o_o ...I want that back Bad, y'all. That rocked my socks.. and my socks needs rockin'.

I've got one for you guys.. anyone here play WWE No Mercy on N64? That game was way janky... but it had one incredible feature: You could pick every single move.. every sub move.. every grab, counter, light, heavy, context, etc.. You tell the game what button you want it on. The amount of control I want over how fluid my melee combat is, is worlds beyond what we have. The types of moves, where the come in what combos, the kinds of inputs.. whether there is or isn't momentum.. and the ability to choke that momentum if I find myself too close to a ledge. It's a lot to ask... but I want -so many- more moves. I used to memorize Soul Calibur combos for fun.. I practiced Shenmue combos for fun.. I want that experience in this game.. and, "Mash E w/w.o. Block/Forward," does NOT fit that bill. Another Idea I had a while ago.. get guest devs from top fighting game titles to guest write a Frame Fighter character, in trade for an add for their game on the Ludoplex. Learn from all of them, how to make a stance feel like something they'd make.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kapn655321 said:
  • The length of time and inputs after a forward momentum or lunge style move, should influence the distance you move.
  • The length/distance of a roll should be determined by both duration of button press, and input commands to movement while rolling.

EXACTLY.

In all honesty as an amateur 3D artist I could take some time and develop some animations for a stance and give them to DE, but at this point I think it would be a waste of my time and effort considering how DE treats their players when it comes to feedback, yes, the game feels so unrewarding sometimes that even people who would like to actively contribute like me would rather save up those ideas and put them into something new instead of trying to fix the game they enjoy.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx
  • Like 2