Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Content. What's The Point?

NIL0S

Stay with me here...

So what if I farm all the new corrupted damage mods and stack them up with the old normal ones to do even MOAR humongeous damage? :)

At first the idea might sound appealing, but then, I remembered how DE designs their high-end content (see Lephantis for reference, or Kril).

A stunlock here, a long a$$ invulnerability phase there, then an added player DPS cap just for kicks :(

... (...)

Why even bother?

To get to wave 400 in defense or 3 hours of survival? ... TELL ME :O

Rewatch the latest livestream and wait for the new content! :D There is ember prime coming out soon you know... and another frame.. and some new tilesets... and and.. other stuff...

But out of all seriousness there is somewhat a lack of end-game content, i assume they're trying to make some or think of something as we speak. We're just not having the full picture presented in front of us, be patient. Try going for the mods you missed or the frames you havent got yet, hell even try leveling the weapons you currently have.

Edited by Genzaio

This game needs a total mod rebalance, i bet the new damage system wont help much if we reach like 15k damage per hit, they should make the scale smaller, so that 40% more damage is already a lot and can be used in endgame. I f a weapon has 200 base damage and goes up to like 10k per seconds, thats a bit much right?

Also, OP is right, why do more damage if the diffuculty consist of invulnerability phases, stunlocking and maybe damage caps?

What should we do? Try to get them and find new better build by using this new mods

True and this is what I am personally going to do, but what for? Even without this mod there's not actually a challenging end game level in Warframe, yesterday builds could easily deal with all the missions in the game...

I mean, it's cool to have stronger builds now, but you're doing it to say:"Great, now that I have this uberpowerful mod I can finally do..................................................the same I was doing before, maybe a little bit faster...............maybe".

Edited by siralextraffo

level 600+ mobs are not the problem on ED. It could be a challenge on ED based Survival, because you would need not only high damage weapons but also knowledge how to fight these mobs. And that knowledge is not common one and you can call it a skill... i think.

However point stands, we have a power to overkill regular content several times in a row.

Edited by Althix

It gives the devs something to work on. A designer can't code, an artist can't code and they aren't't just going to fire them or let them do nothin. They make the models and designs and the coders just implemented it in a small matter of time and then go back to bug fixing.

Not everyone is as talented as the man who made dust an elysian tail or all those other fantastic one man indie games. Things take multiple people and you can't just have them do nothing, it's financially counter productive.

Edited by theharddrinkingapplejack

I mean, it's cool to have stronger builds now, but you're doing it to say:"Great, now that I have this uberpowerful mod I can finally do..................................................the same I was doing before, maybe a little bit faster...............maybe".

Exactly. Also, the actual end-game content (see Lephantis) is structured in a way that no matter how powerful your weapon is, there is limits to how much damage you can do to the boss, artificial limits such as DPS caps and invulnerability phases, or stunlocks.

*frowns*

(...) Try going for the mods you missed or the frames you havent got yet, hell even try leveling the weapons you currently have.

Fair enough, that can be fun (except for grind fatigue), I just wonder what the point of any new content is at all if

a) all the new toys and mods are useless in normal gameplay because it's like shooting a pidgeon with a naval cannon.

b) all the new toys and mods are useless in boss type gameplay because bossfights are designed around dps caps, invulnerability and stunlocks.

= no challenge, no point, very little fun, losing interest even more.

It gives the devs something to work on. A designer can't code, an artist can't code and they aren't't just going to fire them or let them do nothin. They make the models and designs and the coders just implemented it in a small matter of time and then go back to bug fixing.

Not everyone is as talented as the man who made dust an elysian tail or all those other fantastic one man indie games. Things take multiple people and you can't just have them do nothing, it's financially counter productive.

It's really irritating that so many people still don't understand this.