Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

condimentking

Do Ancient Retribution exists in 2020 ?

Question

I'm maybe old, but not that old... .

I saw it first in 2 youtube videos, then Warframe wiki, and tbh i don't see any further source beside on Reddit.

There is this mysterious mod called Ancient Retribution.

It is said that it spawned at endless defense or interception mission, as a reward tier.

But, whoever choose to exit and claim the prize will have the game crashed instantly... .

I read and watch these and basically what i understand is this is resemble that missingno. In Pokemon and Ermac (Error Macro) in Mortal Kombat.

But all of the sources are old stuff, without me knowing whether it is still appear today.

And i was literally scared a bit cause the sources are too few for this, to the point that it makes me think it's an urban legend, or some sht... .

I wanna witness it. Do you? Is it still there?

This mod. (It has really little source so i nitpicking it quite in detail... . Lil hard to find the pic.)

1TB5Nl4.jpg

6 answers to this question

21 minutes ago, Aldain said:

If what I'm reading about it is correct, this mod is just dummy data that is called in the event of an error or bug in the data.

This is correct. It's basically the 404 not found of mods.

Ancient Retribution, or as of Update 15.5: Mod Name, is a mod placeholder used by Digital Extremes in their test build and does not actually represent a real mod now or in the future.[1] It is also well known for appearing randomly in game as a glitch.

So, a ghost mod? Nice.

Gotta love that mod description in the pic you shared 😁

It is an Eldritch Deity. We don't mention its name here.

If you see it, know - the world is doomed.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

So, a ghost mod? Nice.

Gotta love that mod description in the pic you shared 😁

It reminds me of Eminem's Without Me.

If what I'm reading about it is correct, this mod is just dummy data that is called in the event of an error or bug in the data.

Occurrences of seeing it seem to be rare and nothing majorly recent about it has shown up outside of it sometimes supposedly floating in the codex or appearing when a bug causes the image to show up.

Otherwise it is just dummy data, nothing worth being scared over I'd wager.