Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: TennoGen 27.3.10

[DE]Megan

On 2020-04-08 at 11:02 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Scarlet Spear Serverside Hotdrop
Last night at roughly 7:10pm ET we deployed a serverside fix to address the cases of Murex Raid Space teams not receiving Kill Codes. Due to the serverside fix, the Flotilla that ended just before the hotdrop (Murex Wave from 4:10 to 7:10 ET) yielded no Victory Payout for eligible Tenno. We’re working on a script to provide the missing Victory Payout - we’ll update you in this Hotfix thread when the script has started/ended.

*The Victory Payout script has started! We'll update this thread when it has finished. 

*The first script has completed! We have another script planned for players who did multiple Flotillas during that wave, and thus gained more than the Victory Bonus cap of 10,000. This script will run at the start of the next Murex Raid at ~ 8:50 pm ET. We'll update you here when it starts.  

35 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

*The first script has completed! We have another script planned for players who did multiple Flotillas during that wave, and thus gained more than the Victory Bonus cap of 10,000. This script will run at the start of the next Murex Raid at ~ 8:50 pm ET. We'll update you here when it starts.  

This.... kind of feels like an acknowledgement that flotilla hopping is an intended playstyle and that the only reason for the payout cap is to force people to do so.

On 2020-04-08 at 11:02 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Scarlet Spear Serverside Hotdrop
Last night at roughly 7:10pm ET we deployed a serverside fix to address the cases of Murex Raid Space teams not receiving Kill Codes. Due to the serverside fix, the Flotilla that ended just before the hotdrop (Murex Wave from 4:10 to 7:10 ET) yielded no Victory Payout for eligible Tenno. We’re working on a script to provide the missing Victory Payout - we’ll update you in this Hotfix thread when the script has started/ended.

*The Victory Payout script has started! We'll update this thread when it has finished. 

*The final script has run and completed - thanks for your patience!

2 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

This.... kind of feels like an acknowledgement that flotilla hopping is an intended playstyle and that the only reason for the payout cap is to force people to do so.

We've said multiple times that playing in different Flotillas is an intended playstyle. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

*The final script has run and completed - thanks for your patience!

We've said multiple times that playing in different Flotillas is an intended plystyle. 

So why's there a bonus payout cap at all if it's intended for there to be a complete bypass to that cap? I can think of some potential reasons, but they're all very pessimistic, so I'm curious about some of the actual design intentions behind this entire event structure.

5 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

We've said multiple times that playing in different Flotillas is an intended playstyle. 

unknown.png

I understand it is a valid playstyle, but this is what happens when hopping is encouraged. The event hinges on player activity, and it is becoming increasingly frustrating for someone like me who wants to grind at a fast pace to a high amount of Scarlet Credits. I started only doing two third's of a rotation because the last hour is mostly dead.

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Ah thanks, kinda ruined my new year's resolution to stay committed to things more :(

On a more serious note I don't think this was a good design for intended play style, would have been better to remove the bonus cap per flotilla so players felt more compelled to complete a flotilla through multiple runs. Now it's just gambling, hop multiple flotillas and do 1 run. Pray for the bonus payout.
As mentioned above,
this gambling technique drops off halfway down the timer since flotillas are new ones again but less people are hopping around. The event now feels more time restricted than it should since the lion's share of the payout is on the bonus, which is not guaranteed once the clock chimes down beyond a certain point. Disappointing. 

Archived