Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What do people WANT out of this game?

Let's cut to the chase.

This game peaked when the first open world released, and ever since then, it's been a rocky downward slope to Grindfest City: population, almost everyone now that Scarlet Spear is console-certified.

Being ambitious is one thing, but over-ambition is dangerous, especially when you're trying to deliver a live service to millions upon millions of registered losers.

You have something good going: a base. People like the base. You build on top of the base with stuff that fits the base perfectly. Then you decide, "you know what? I'm going to do something completely different, something out-of-the-blue, and hopefully, the players will enjoy it". And then, you do something completely different. Despite a buggy start, you refine it, and you not only get positive reception, but you also get an influx of new users thanks to doing something different BETTER than someone else whose entire premise was on that different thing but they failed to deliver on it.

"Warframe is the X killer, Warframe is the free and better version of Y, etc."

But then, something changes. Now that you know that doing stuff differently yields tremendous positive reception, you forget about the base of the game, and start loading something new on top of it every three months. Spaceships, a second open world, a nemesis system that isn't even a nemesis system, Endgame #1, Endgame #2, Endgame #2.5,

and then all of a sudden, people who were a fan of the base can't find it any more, because it's covered in all this JUNK that only barely fits the base game to begin with.

Here's where things get tricky.

Now that people who like certain aspects of the base game and people who like certain aspects of the "different" make up a bulk of the community, opinions become double-edged, double-sided, and just straight up oxymoronic.

• More content, or fix the base?
  • Balance or power fantasy?
  • Are nerfs unnecessary or are they meant to "fix" ""exploits""?
  • Which members of the community deserve to be listened to the most?
  • Does any of this have to do with being partially owned by Chinese mega-corps?
  • How would the developers be able to make amends to the community who liked the base?
  • Is having more content necessarily a good thing?
  • Is it fair to compare what we have now, and what we had 6-7 years ago, and call it an "improvement"?

Because the developers don't know what they want for this game, neither does the community. And because the community doesn't know what it wants for this game, neither will the developers.

Which is why, today, I'm asking you all a very important question:

What do YOU want out of this game? And why?

I want to see just how many ideas of a good Warframe there are amongst the Warframe community itself. Because if the community can't work together and save this game, who will?

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

This game peaked when the first open world released

Because we expected an open "world", not a open "backyard sandpit".

and ever since then, it's been a rocky downward slope to Grindfest City

We've lived our entire Tenno life's in Grindfest City, but only with PoE did it evolve into Omega-Grind City.

Fun. I want to get fun. Having to play work 8 hours a day for weeks so that I can afford mediocre gear that gets boring after 20 minutes is not fun.

Edited by o0Despair0o
  • Like 31

Please include propper game desing. the event its pretty repettitive and somehow boring due it desing, it was made without taking into account all the warframes abilities and how they affect the content, for next time DE needs to take that into consideration and stop using PC as guiney pigs.

They need to properly test and work  more efficiently its incredible that warframe takes that much to update compared to other titles that bring content almost every 50 days. for example intermission have been up for 6 moths and was supposed to be an intermission only, I fear that this migth happen to scarlet spear in the long run, another farming island sitting there in the dust.

• Like 2

Fun.

That's all I ever ask of a game, is for it to be fun.

This one is fun.

I leave the details to the actual game designers and what they are insipired to produce as IME, the best things come from what developers are inspired to produce.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Fun.

Exactly my first thought. I'll try to tell you what makes a game fun for me!

To have fun, I need to feel the flow. I need a challenge - not too easy, not too hard, but just the proper level. It's not a problem when something is hard to do, just don't make it unfair! I like when I need to think, not just mindlessly press buttons, or press X to win (yeah, don't play Limbo in the traditional way). I like the chaos borns out of 4 warframes releasing their spectacular powers! Grinding the same mission over and over again isn't a problem, just don't make it boring!

• Like 2

Good gameplay variety. 

I honestly don't much mind DE being ambitious, but a lot of the problems they are facing seem to be as a result of designing themselves into a corner with some of the nuke/hard CC/invisibility powers without any stopgap or limiter. These powers circumvent game design by letting players basically ignore combat encounters consistently. Excessive grind, broken event or enemy design, these all come down to these styles of power.

Examine the Wolf of Saturn Six, for example. His infamous traits involved being arbitrarily immune to all powers and status effects and having an excessive health pool. All of these to blanket counter our absurd power levels in order to make him a threat and let him put one 'over' us. Is it any surprise he was hated? And is it any surprise, given that if any one of those things was not the case, he would be a complete non-threat? Just dying in seconds like literally everything else.

DE can't make interesting content, let along genuinely threatening content, whilst this is the case.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

i want more umbra warframes , as i believe this will expand build variety and play-style and will help combat sentient during the new war 

:Mako:

you only got umbra due to us lot whining that the chinese warframe magically got a ?founders? umbra excalibur prime, when ofc the game was already , long, long long founded already.

Before that, I want to ask this community if they even know what they want from the beginning.

Me? I'm fine with Warframe as it is, being an op tenno that able to break through anything. Nerf? Not a problem, improvise, adapt, overcome, become op again while enjoying things they try.

And as always, the big question to you

- What is fun to you? What do you see as fun in the first place?

- What is challenge? What do you see as challenge and how you balance it between chroma and banshee? How do you see something as challenge and not complain about the thing you asked in the first place?

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Fun.

That's all I ever ask of a game, is for it to be fun.

This one is fun.

I leave the details to the actual game designers and what they are insipired to produce as IME, the best things come from what developers are inspired to produce.

The award for most vague answer possible goes to......

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Examine the Wolf of Saturn Six, for example

Make him able to sprint really fast charging to us, let him high jump to chase us with slam attack combo, make him able to run instead of walking like that trenchcoat guy in resident evil and see people screaming in confusion

• Like 5

Just now, 844448 said:

Make him able to sprint really fast charging to us, let him high jump to chase us with slam attack combo, make him able to run instead of walking like that trenchcoat guy in resident evil and see people screaming in confusion

I... wasn't talking about him being easy. Which, yes, he was after all that, but it's besides the point.

I was talking about the lengths DE had to go to just to make him significant enough to not get blinked out of existence in a nanosecond flat.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

I want de to stop lying.

Railjack was a lie

Liches were a lie

Scarlet Spear was a big fat lie that hurt me so much.

The amount of dishonesty stained warframe and de's reputation.

How about you focus on something actually attainable like bug fixes at least. 

"Wahh they lied to me"....like really lol...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

you only got umbra due to us lot whining that the chinese warframe magically got a ?founders? umbra excalibur prime, when ofc the game was already , long, long long founded already.

(us lot lol) pretty sure i was pretty vocal myself 

:kronkthonk:

and de already has stated in devstream 125 & 58 they are developing more umbras , problem is they are unsure of deployment  method at this time and it wont be lore based 

• Like 2

Just now, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

How about you focus on something actually attainable like bug fixes at least. 

"Wahh they lied to me"....like really lol...

You're the type of person that would be fine with de lying on multiple occasions but would rage out on no mans sky and fallout 76.

De lied about these updates, do not act as if I'm being irrational. Player trust is important.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

The award for most vague answer possible goes to......

I was very specific.

I want to have fun playing whatever the developers are inspired to make...I like playing things that brought joy to those that made them.

Not dictating details is all part of that process...it does not alter the course of the inspiration...I let artists be artists.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

(us lot lol) pretty sure i was pretty vocal myself 

:kronkthonk:

and de already has stated in devstream 125 & 58 they are developing more umbras , problem is they are unsure of deployment  method at this time and it wont be lore based 

so, another "soon(tm)" for the pile.

• Like 2

That solo players get treated the same as co-op players. Why am I not playing the game much anymore and why I'm not even thinking about buying plat even with a -75% discount? I'm still waiting for that damn command intrisic for Railajck and at this point I'm starting to think it isn't even coming. It has been almost 4 months now and whenever the community asks about it the question is dodged or we are given a "it is coming" with a lot of uncomfortable squirming like what they really want to say is "we are going to scrap it". If DE wants to do co-op only content that is fine by me, but they should promise things for solo players and then leave us hanging.

1 hour ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Lore. The story. And may it stray as far from the path everyone's expecting as possible. Surprises are hard to come by in today's media, yet so easy to achieve with just a little forward thinking. Disclaimer being, it's is not what I want out of THIS game, it's what I want from every source of entertainment, alas words won't turn to birds.
Not sure I ever really cared for combat. Definitely never cared for numbers or what's better/best.
But let this be evidence of nobody really being able to start arguments with "the community wants/needs", as well as for the fact that no action will ever be praised by everyone.

• Like 4