Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Vulkar Really That Bad?

Enomilli

Question

It's just a Snipertron without Armor Pierce. A normal sniper relative to Snipertron, why does everyone hate it?

The Vulkar is plain unbearable with its small clip size, long reload, pointlessly low recoil combined with armor scaling.

The only other choice is Lanka, I have it but I dislike it because it functions like a bow with an immense zoom.

That's not a great combination.

The Lanka zooms as far as the Snipetron (Vandal). It doesn't function like a bow thanks to the faster travel time, although I can agree that it shares the same charging mechanism as the Miter, Ogris, and bows.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

The Vulkar is plain unbearable with its small clip size, long reload, pointlessly low recoil combined with armor scaling.

The Lanka zooms as far as the Snipetron (Vandal). It doesn't function like a bow thanks to the faster travel time, although I can agree that it shares the same charging mechanism as the Miter, Ogris, and bows.

Ah so it really is that bad; I missed the Snipertron Vandal event so I suppose I'll just wait for that Tenno Sniper Rifle and hope that it is pretty good.

The charge mechanism on the Lanka is extremely inconvenient for sniping.

Ah so it really is that bad; I missed the Snipertron Vandal event so I suppose I'll just wait for that Tenno Sniper Rifle and hope that it is pretty good.

The charge mechanism on the Lanka is extremely inconvenient for sniping.

Wait, 0.7895-0.9375 seconds of charging is inconvenient for sniping? I thought that charging time was pretty "standard", if not fast, for aiming and firing,

Wait, 0.7895-0.9375 seconds of charging is inconvenient for sniping? I thought that charging time was pretty "standard", if not fast, for aiming and firing,

I kind of do because of bows being so good at close range. I've been using bows only since the Paris came out and Paris came out a long time ago.

With Lanka doing the same thing and having a crazy zoom it's kind of weird for me you know?

Edited by Ystella

I kind of do because of bows being so good at close range. I've been using bows only since the Paris came out and Paris came out a long time ago.

With Lanka doing the same thing and having a crazy zoom it's kind of weird for me you know?

The bows are designed for stealth and close/mid-range sniping, so it makes sense. Still, the differences between the bows and the Lanka shouldn't be that disorienting.

The bows are designed for stealth and close/mid-range sniping, so it makes sense. Still, the differences between the bows and the Lanka shouldn't be that disorienting.

It's not a big of a deal as I make it seem. I just prefer the usefulness of a Snipertron/hitscan sniper vs Lanka that's all.

Those 1.2k non crits are lovely from the Lanka though.

It's not a big of a deal as I make it seem. I just prefer the usefulness of a Snipertron/hitscan sniper vs Lanka that's all.

Those 1.2k non crits are lovely from the Lanka though.

Ugh, and here I thought having practical hitscan on top of the damage made the Lanka very powerful while adding a sense of balance...

Ugh, and here I thought having practical hitscan on top of the damage made the Lanka very powerful while adding a sense of balance...

There comes a point where you begin to throw sand into a beach...

Your point is fine, though, sometimes I just want Lanka damage combined with hitscan.

Am I really so wrong for that?

Edited by Ystella

At the very least, you would have to compensate with a longer reload and/or lower fire rate to make up for the damage and hitscan. I mean, snipers aren't meant to be perfect at everything, right?

Longer reload is fine and of course a lower fire rate. Anything but 4 seconds though unless the clip made up for it.

Longer reload is fine and of course a lower fire rate. Anything but 4 seconds though unless the clip made up for it.

So, I got a question/example for you:

If I took the Lanka, gave it hitscan, increased the reload time to 3-4 seconds, made the clip size anywhere from 6-10 bullets, and lowered the fire rate to 1 shot a second, then you would be happy?