MORE Loadout slots!!!!

..Symbiote.Streak..

There are currently 35 42 warframes in-game by the time I make this post.

The game allow you to have 1 more loadout every 2 MR which means you can have 15 loadouts at MR 30. The number of loadouts still can be increased by purchasing more loadouts which the price 20 plat/each, maximum 10 time if i remember this correctly (and I also appreciate that DE decided to increase the number of time you can purchased it from 5->10 for awhile ago).  So, with that being said, the maximum amount of loadouts that we can have is 25 loadouts which is not enough to cover all warframes and with my current rank, 21, I only have access to 20 loadouts !

Swapping warframes or weapons in a loadout to suit a mission is a bit annoying. Personally, I think DE should change it to 1 loadout every Mastery Rank, or at least increase the number of time you can purchase more loadouts. Personally, I would want my account to have a lot of loadouts, probably around 50, to not only cover all warframes and weapons uniquely in each loadouts, but also for other purposes. Warframe is a smart game. Please make it smarter. Thank you ❤️ 

twiQA0b.jpg

👁️👅👁️

Edited by ..Symbiote.Streak..
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, ..Symbiote.Streak.. said:

There are currently 35 warframes in-game by the time I make this post.

Dang, you managed to forget a whole 7 Frames.

2 hours ago, ..Symbiote.Streak.. said:

increase the number of time you can purchase more loadouts

Would be pretty nifty, there should always be at least enough Loadout slots to cover the full number of (base) Frames.

(Not that I personally use Loadout slots in that way, admittedly, but still, more slots = more better.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ..Symbiote.Streak.. said:

There are maximum 25 loadouts available if you're rank 30 (15 from rank and 10 from purchase). That has nothing to do with mission types 😅

I see, but it still makes sense if the numbers are close to the mission types. Imo its not that hard to just go to arsenal and switch frames, each frame already has 3 loadouts as well 😄 (coming from the perspective of someone who doesnt use the overall loadout slots. I do use the arsenal loadouts though)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Syrethyst said:

Imo its not that hard to just go to arsenal and switch frames, each frame already has 3 loadouts as well 😄 (coming from the perspective of someone who doesnt use the overall loadout slots. I do use the arsenal loadouts though)

It's not hard just annoying and time consuming. The appearance/upgrade loadouts serves different purpose. Let's say when I do sortie the first mission, exterminate, I wanna pick volt with Amprex to rush throw the map as soon as possible. Then the second mission, spy, I wanna pick Loki with Vaykor Hek to do the mission easier. Then the last mission is Excavation, I wanna pick Frost to protect the excavators. 

There are no way I can change my weapons, and warframes without going to the arsenal everytime and makes people in the squad wait for me to get ready. Arsenal loadouts help us with just a click of a button while in navigation. Isn't that more convenient? 

• Like 1

I mean this issue will not occur by people who play few frames and weapons. They won't be in need of many loadouts. But imagine a person with 35 warframes and 200 weapons who is Mastery Rank 20. They will have only access to 20 loadouts and will spend some time in arsenal to just swapping weapons and warframes

Edited by ..Symbiote.Streak..
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2020-04-09 at 4:51 PM, ..Symbiote.Streak.. said:

It's not hard just annoying and time consuming. The appearance/upgrade loadouts serves different purpose. Let's say when I do sortie the first mission, exterminate, I wanna pick volt with Amprex to rush throw the map as soon as possible. Then the second mission, spy, I wanna pick Loki with Vaykor Hek to do the mission easier. Then the last mission is Excavation, I wanna pick Frost to protect the excavators. 

There are no way I can change my weapons, and warframes without going to the arsenal everytime and makes people in the squad wait for me to get ready. Arsenal loadouts help us with just a click of a button while in navigation. Isn't that more convenient? 

Totally agree with you i also want to have more purchasable loadout slots to cover all my frames, fashion and loadouts.

We currently have 42 different frame variants with more to come. As a player who is Mr.28 and purchased all the other loadout slots i must say that i still need more slots for frames i like to play. But currently more and more frames become dust collectors because other frames are blocking the valuable loadout slot.

• Like 2

Frames like Harrow or even Grendel which i really want to play, with weapons i think suit their playstyle, are locked in the dust zone, because if i wanna use them i have so sacrifice another frame and his weapon loadout - thats also why i have created an exel sheet with all the frames + weapons i use with them so i have at least more loadout slots outside of the actual game.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I really really want more load out slots, let me be more specific - I'm MR L1 and have purchased every possible loadout slot.

I want to be able to purchase at LEAST 10 more load out slots - pretty please! :)

AKA take my money DE - I want to give it to you for more convivence in just selecting an BOOM out the orbiter and into a mission.  I'd also REALLY like to be able to tie a SPECIFIC archwing loadout to a specific   warframe loadout, yes I'm the person with 2 of the same archwing with diferent polarities for different functions, and i REALLY want to be able to select and go on the warframe and have the correct archwing load out tied to it. Help DE  - take my monies! (no i'm not joking)

Edited by Nox-Inruptio
plea for DE to take my money for additional slots added!
  • Like 1

I also support this. I now have reached the maximum slots I can have. I literally spend all my platinum on slots. I would gladly spend (and buy more as a result) more platinum on more loadout slots. It is really important for me as I can see for other players as well.

Edited by PaleRipper
  • Like 1

So, with the 1 year Nekro, and the 2 year Nekro before that, a lot has actually changed.

But I will preface this with the standard points: DE have literally said that Loadout Slots are for your Favourites, not for building a second Arsenal. You might want to build a Loadout very, very specifically for every single Warframe, but that's not what they're for. It's for dedicated customisation of a few, not all, of your frames for fashion or for function. A quick-access for specifics, like an Eidolon Hunter Volt build, not a way to bypass having to take six seconds out of your day to change weapons or frames in the main Arsenal screen.

DE have, in fact, expanded the Loadout Slots over time, but... you have to actually earn them.

By MR 29 you can own, currently, up to 35 slots. That's 15 for ranking up that far, and a further 20 for Platinum Purchases.

But you know something?

At MR 30?

You get 15 Loadout slots for free.

Bringing your total up to 50.

And we currently only have 47 unique Warframes.

So... Wish granted? Have fun? Go play the game.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime

A total increase of them all is always nice when it happens.. like +10 bam -> filled in a week.

How actually technically challenging is it to increase these by 100 for everyone? When I was first thinking about a solid amount for the entire set of missions I had the number 150 in mind. Is there any way to add a *challenge* into the game to get a number that high, or something?

Sometimes a lot of thought can go into one..

Leg 1 and I don't have a loadout for 9 frames that have primes, as well as signature ones to the core game, like Umbra.. yes this is somewhat by choice, but I would love to have one dedicated to at least that at this point (All Prime/Umbra frames + wiggle room of ~40 for certain configs). +9 would be a lot more comfortable at this level and I'd be able to personally fit every prime then, but more than that would be ideal. I remember even pre-MR bonus changes I was getting to a point where I would get stuck with them and when we got extra it was perfect timing for many that play because we have build ideas in our heads that transfer well to loadout use (click and play).

I have 2 loadouts that are already multi-frame because the second frame doesn't have a purely dedicated spot yet, and when selected I often also have to change the color config to then match it as well. If there was a quicker access to the [A][B][C][D][E][F] color it would help when loadout locked, and just in general. The extra click to load the whole color ui for just clicking the config button once and then 'back'. is.. at least for me somewhat common. So instead of the chain: Loadout -> Frame change(Because loadout scarcity) -> Appearance -> Config B -> Back- > Back - there would just be: Loadout -> Frame change -> Click Button Config B-> Back (<Which resides in some gui beside Appearance)

Anyways, my 2 cents. I agree with others also in that I'd pay for slots.

I'd like more loadout slots.

But more importantly, I want the system to be changed so they're loaded and saved separately. Other games work that way. The problem with the current system is that you can't make temporary experimental changes without permanently altering the loadout, so you then have to remember to go back and undo them later. The system would be a lot more intuitive and easy to use if you had one button to save a loadout, and another button to load the loadout.

On 2021-09-07 at 5:26 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

So, with the 1 year Nekro, and the 2 year Nekro before that, a lot has actually changed.

But I will preface this with the standard points: DE have literally said that Loadout Slots are for your Favourites, not for building a second Arsenal. You might want to build a Loadout very, very specifically for every single Warframe, but that's not what they're for. It's for dedicated customisation of a few, not all, of your frames for fashion or for function. A quick-access for specifics, like an Eidolon Hunter Volt build, not a way to bypass having to take six seconds out of your day to change weapons or frames in the main Arsenal screen.

DE have, in fact, expanded the Loadout Slots over time, but... you have to actually earn them.

By MR 29 you can own, currently, up to 35 slots. That's 15 for ranking up that far, and a further 20 for Platinum Purchases.

But you know something?

At MR 30?

The entire game is built around grinding dozens/hundreds of warframes and weapons.  And the cash shop is built around bundles of weapons and warframes and keeping all of those weapons and warframes as each one comes with a slot for it.  Its silly to think people wouldn't want to keep a warframes special weapons with them or to use a specific weapon with a specific warframe for certain type of content.  You shouldn't need to keep a notepad to remember your combos for your less used warframes because you have 2-3 loadouts set up for your top 10 warframes and then several other loadouts set up for specific content.  There is no reason people shouldn't be allowed to buy more loadout slots if they want just like there is zero reason why you cant buy more clothing loadouts for your operator.  Also the more loadouts you have the more likely you will use a different warframe/weapon than you normally would since you don't have to spend 10 minutes setting up a new loadout. Then putting it back to your go to stuff.

10 hours ago, Oberick said:

Its silly to think people wouldn't want

It is silly to think that.

However, there it is. It's what DE want.

On the other hand, there is a very, very good reason why DE reserve the majority of Loadout Slots for players that either pay or for players that are clearly dedicated to the game:

File access data usage.

I'm not even kidding. Do you know how many times the average player accesses their Arsenal in a single game session? And how much data is stored in a single Loadout Slot?

The data itself is not huge, with the simple consideration that, even an unused and un-customised Loadout Slot registers to the player's account and Arsenal as being there, but empty. So a fully customised loadout slot is not really all that much more data than an empty one, but in either case there is a line of data for every single option in there, from your Frame, every single visual customisation you've put on it, weapons, parazon, Gear, Vehicles and Companions, every customisation for each of those... Even if the line reads '0' for what those customisations are, that's still a line of data.

Players accessing it over and over and over again, every single time, is a lot of cumulative data over time.

And that's what server costs are charged by, not the actual storage, but the access of it, the transfer of it.

So yeah, there is an actual reason that you can't get all the slots you want, and that reason is because DE are reserving the majority of data usage for the players who pay, or the players who have actually shown dedication over time. Or both.

On 2021-09-07 at 4:26 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

But you know something?

At MR 30?

HI there! I'm MR Legendary 1, so I have earned all that :) and i do play warframe - A LOT,  and yep, i have every single possible slot - i  want more - I want to give DE real life monies to support a game I love to get more.  That said if you look at the metrics, even bringing up MR 30 awards is elitist, a lot players will never get to MR 30.   I also tend to make entire "systems" for loadouts that interconnect frame, weapons, pet etc to maximize specific functions, that's not 6 seconds in the arsenal (not even close).  DE has also introduced a the infusion system on the helminth with one of the stated objectives (per the release notes) being to encourage players to play other frames.  Increased loadout slots furthers that (and frankly all of mine are taken up with 6 or so frames I play the most).

DE's in business there's something I want from said business, something I'm willing to pay for in order to get,  your point about data storage/usage in the later post seems suspect, unless you've programmed for DE?  Loadouts may be individual files, or they may be one file (ie - all load out configurations for a given players are one file), without DE staff to confirm how they are set up, it's an assumption so i won't hazard that guess.  SteveCutler (see post above) mentions wanting a separate load and save for loadouts, I think that's a great idea,  a confirmation box on saving changes to a loadout would be welcome, and address some of the data usage (since the file wouldn't be saved to DE until it was confirmed).

Finally the "Go play the game." gave your entire post the tone of a dismissal, not a discussion, and sure if your happy with number of loadout slots that's great!  If you're just trying to be educational that's great too! (I do appreciate the insight into DE's previously stated stance though, even more so if a source is cited).  I mean you make some valid points, I'd hate to see them dismissed as trolling due to tone.  Also WOW! 7k posts?! I've been playing for over year can barely find time to make 27! LOL

Edited by Nox-Inruptio
corrected time played, it's quite "years" yet

15 hours ago, Nox-Inruptio said:

That said if you look at the metrics, even bringing up MR 30 awards is elitist, a lot players will never get to MR 30.

Look, I know where you're coming from, that's why I won't just point you at my second comment and be rude about it.

Statistically speaking, bringing up MR 3 is Elitist, because the an incredible proportion of new players don't play past the 2 hour mark on many platforms. That's just a fact.

The minor point of this discussion is that the suggestion of saving mid-access doesn't affect Data usage, because DE already do save and load your loadouts on entry and exit from the Arsenal, even if you have a separate button to 'save' the changes to the loadout, the game still has to load in all of your potential loadouts when you access the Arsenal, and confirm your current loadout on exit, meaning that all the same data is exchanged regardless of whether you save and load mid-access.

In point of fact, making the save state manual while accessing is a fine change, since you are viewing your Arsenal on your own computer, not the Server (the server has sent you the data so you can actually use it), you change precisely no data usage for DE by putting it in. The server still opens and saves the same amount of data when it sends it to you, you change it, and you save it back to the Server. And there's therefore no reason not to add that and I approve.

The more important point is the bit I mentioned about how DE want to dole these out: They dole out a certain amount to players who pay, they dole the rest out to players who actually play. Notably, they dole out more overall to players who actually stick with the game and grind the content out to reach the high MR than they do for people who just buy into the game.

And that isn't some un-thought-out decision they've made, it's completely deliberate. If I had to make a guess it's because a large enough portion of players don't interact with Loadouts enough to warrant increasing that for the presumed fewer players that interact with it as much as you and OP do.

Giving more than they do is almost certainly balanced against the cost of that data usage, where having those that actually pay for it is worth (on average across all the players that do pay for it) up to 20 bonus slots, versus the ones that play to the full MR 30 having given enough money to the game (on average across all the players that do get there) up to 40.

Whether you want to pay for it or not is 100% part of the consideration, true. What's the tipping point is DE being in business, just like you said. Just like going to a restaurant makes the cost of food go up because you're paying for the service far more than the food itself, DE have to consider that cost of supplying you what you want. You may want to pay for an item, but if what you (and the many others who are like you) can pay is not enough to cover the cost of supply, then it simply won't be available.

Your own argument about business is why the product you want to buy is not available to purchase. Currently. DE may do more over time, but only when whatever internal metrics they have of players interacting with the system reaches a threshold where they will increase supply to meet demand. No amount of campaigning on the forums will change the numbers on their screen, only re-iterate them.

That all said, I'm so sorry that you found my tone dismissive. It was meant to be neutral, neither positive or negative, maybe a little questioning.

When I say 'go play the game' I literally mean: This is how you get what you want, it's there, you can go and claim that thing you want by doing what you want to do (obviously players want to play the game).

You, specifically, were not the person I was referring to, and have now introduced a new aspect to the discussion: You are a player who currently has all of the available slots and wants more, not for the reason of making a slot for every Warframe, which is understandable at base even if I don't personally agree with it, but for an even further goal of having slots that can literally hold every build you want.

In which case, that question has already been answered, not by me, but by DE (I'm just the messenger from the time before you started playing). It may not be six seconds in the Arsenal for you, because of how in-depth you want to go, and you may want to create a hundred different builds for specific topics. But that's specifically the kind of thing that DE has stated the Loadouts are not for. They're for your favourites. For the specific few that you want to keep over all others. At the expense of all others.

And finally...

Please consider that, while you have played the game for a year and have only made 27 posts, all that indicates is that you haven't felt strongly enough about the individual topics here on the Forums to make comments. You could have been on the Reddit instead, or discussed on Discord. It's kind of a meaningless thing to measure yourself and others by in terms of 'go play the game'.

I've played for 7 years now and got heavily into the topics that do crop up continually on the forums, rather than the ones on other sites. I enjoy discussions of New Warframes, Reworks and Builds, so I came here to actually talk to people and discuss ideas. That's how I've averaged 1000 posts per year. Admittedly that's more than you, and roughly 3 per day allowing for holidays, but when you find people to talk to and discuss things with... you do tend to make a few posts in a day.

And that, just like yours, is kind of a meaningless stat to measure anything by. Especially in terms of 'go play the game'.

If you're going to try judging people for actually participating, maybe consider that you not thinking it's worth participating is just the other side of the coin in this judgement.

Again, 'go play the game' is aimed at the OP in the specific light of them asking to have more slots to be able to make a Loadout for every Frame in the game. And the game now, after all these years, having enough slots to do that. So the answer to their topic is literally 'it's in the game, go play and get what you want'.

On 2021-09-10 at 11:38 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Look, I know where you're coming from.

More in a second: Thought - Tiered Price System to cover additional overhead - (didn't want that lost in the body of this)

Well said, i do understand your points (really thought you were going somewhere else with that at first glad i kept reading).  I don't want DE to do anything that's bad business or impacts the longevity of the company, frankly I wish I'd found this game in closed beta.  Played a lot of online game over the last 23 years, with companies that ranged from apathy to what looked like active discouragement of the player base.  From monthly subs, to the rise and fall of pay to win, weird combinations of those, and free to play - but don't expect much because we'll be nerfing old content so you buy new content. DE has been a refreshing experience.

So - as you point out, data costs, and pricing may well be the issue,   This is something I'd really like to get though, so: I'm fine with a tiered system.  (side note here, I do really appreciate the history on this topic, and I realize it's a bit of an ask, but can you point me at anything from DE so i can get in some first hand reading in? Googles not being any help on this one, hoping you might recall if loadouts came out with a specific update or had when a clarification on intended use was made?)

The idea behind the tiered pricing on this: Nothing changes with the loadout slots currently available from the Market, max number remains the same, but once that number is reached the player get's a confirmation box to continue purchases indicating a price increase (I don't presume to know what would make it worthwhile financially for DE, so simply let the player decide if they are willing to pay the increased rate that would justify the increased capacity / costs).  

As noted, at MR 30, there is likely some metric involved in how much the player has spent and is going to continue to spend on the game overtime as well as the likely hood that they will continue to play, Based on what i'm seeing on Steams global stats, Hunter (MR 13?) appears to be the top end for the median player.  This isn't a huge a surprise to me, it's slightly below MR 16, which is arguable the mostly meaningful milestone before MR 30.  I have spoken with players that have stated they enjoy the game, intend to continue playing, but are no longer working on mastery after MR 16.

The reason I mention this; if the median player isn't going to make MR 30, but willing to pay a 2nd, higher tier cost, in order to get and use the loadout slots the way they want to, why not change the view point, and set a fair price for them to do so?  I'm of course counting on DE's metrics here to determine what that fair price might be,  Then MR 30+ (like myself) that want more can make that choice as well.  I sure the concept is not lost a player with your longevity (also - if you have the founders pack you have my envy). ;)

19 hours ago, Nox-Inruptio said:

The reason I mention this; if the median player isn't going to make MR 30, but willing to pay a 2nd, higher tier cost, in order to get and use the loadout slots the way they want to, why not change the view point, and set a fair price for them to do so?

It is a theory, I'll grant you that.

And no, I started an account in the Beta, played for a few hours and then gave up, when I came back I wanted to see the new player experience, so I started a brand new account. So I technically have two accounts, but I'm not the kind of person to risk getting my wrists slapped for operating two accounts at once. But it means I completely missed my chance to get the Founder's pack.

Anyroadup, moving on.

Here's a little more insight on this for you, though, and it's about the cost of anything and everything in Warframe.

The money paid in is already gone from your wallet, you are not giving DE anything more by actually using Platinum. What DE are trying to do is ensure that the most Platinum is drained from the system in the quickest intervals possible. It's an entropic system where players pay in, then they coast down on the currency they've bought and have to pay in again after they run out. Both the actual cosmetics and the in-game trading for Platinum drains the pockets of players who pay, and while the cosmetics and slots are finite at any one point, trading is not.

Thus what DE are going to keep doing is introducing items that players will 'need' in game, like tradeable mods, resources, arcanes, even Ayatans for Endo, everything they can to actually keep the in-game economy going. Dribs and drabs, as they say, of platinum constantly flowing to players that want Cosmetics, but don't want to pay real money. Forcing the players that are willing to pay money to pay again in shorter intervals.

Why do I bring this up? Because, especially at an increased price, a system for more slots might simply not be something that players buy into. This is considering that players already don't buy into it at the current, lower price.

The points about Slots (from DE) were raised as answers to questions during DevStreams, where they took questions from Chat. Digging those out, especially from so many years back, is very difficult, but they were definitely since 2015, because that's when I started watching the DevStreams. In those comments, they stated several times (because Rebecca likes to repeat herself on points) that slots were for 'favourites' not something they ever planned to make excessive, and on the topic of buying them for Plat, the statement was that not enough people are actually buying them. Given that the system has never actually changed over time, the cost of data access has only gone up as more info is stored in a Loadout, and all that's happened is that the player base has increased... we can presume that the interest still hasn't actually increased in proportion to the player base.

I mean, as popular as the customisation in Warframe is, you have to consider that there are players like me that have bought almost all of the cosmetics, but absolutely no Loadout slots, no extra customisation panels, and have no real reason to do so because they change their builds, weapons and gear on a whim.

I've put money into Warframe, but I've acted more as a siphon for other players' Plat than anything else. And while I'm sure that my actions have made more players go back to buy more Plat from the store, my actual contributions to the game at MR 31 are kind of minimal.

Even if there was one of me for every one of you, and that meant a dead 50/50 split on the fan-base, the strategy for getting more revenue is not really going to be to introduce a few more Loadouts that you can buy, but instead to introduce more things that people will actually trade for.

Because that's how they get the people to pay more often, funding the game. Finite cosmetics are fine, for the brief spikes as people see them and pick them up, but they aren't sustaining the system.