Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Editable Sticky Note for inside your Landing Craft.

kapn655321

I have sticky notes up on my desktop of lists and things to keep track of in Warframe. Made me think.. How about a note aesthetic for our landing craft?:
There are many times I have an idea for the forum, or need to keep a list of whatever things to acquire...

A piece of paper that you can hit [X] to activate to read & edit.
Could sell them in loose leaf, journals, notebooks, and books, where you can remove a page to keep notes around your lander.
Few plat a piece, stick em' anywhere in the ship that doesn't have a context action. Unlimited use. Limited characters.
Similar to books and pages in games like skyrim, but with an add/remove page/book, edit, & sticky-note cosmetic placement function.

Give players a single, one-time, infinite use, almost annoyingly short-character card, perhaps a Business card from Baro with his arrival schedule..
but players find on their own, that they can edit it and use it for other things, instead! Abbreviated notes around the Foundry or Nav, player names, etc.
If players start asking for more notes, more space, different looking pages, more options, then expand from there.
*High character pages (150+ character) only found from books for upsale.

Varieties in type & texture of paper: Rice paper, papyrus, lined loose leaf, graphing paper, spreadsheets..
Color of paper / Color & type of, "Ink." Binding, Stamps, Cover, display size..
Maybe have that at-a-glance scribble (there's a word for this I can't remember) dummy text to represent how full the page is..
Tenno caligraphy aesthetic, Corpus, Grineer, Scribbles..More creative players could make a whole ascii wallpaper out of that alone.

This also opens up an opportunity for bookshelves.
Tenno, Corpus, Grineer, Cetus, Fortuna, all potential, "constructions," of shelf for visuals.

Spoiler

conspiracy.jpg If those are successful, maybe a corkboard with string for those diligent lore theory crafters out there..
Postcard size pictures of bosses would probably sell particularly well with that.. 😉

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 10

I'll humor this.

How about the Vitruvian. Like the one from the sacrifice, just scrubbed by Ordis after the quest so you can use it. It becomes like a mobile codex that you can add custom entries too.

DE could add some game related gimmick to it I'm sure. Like collecting lore bits for that failed cipher puzzle for exploiter orb but have it work next time.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

I'll humor this.

How about the Vitruvian. Like the one from the sacrifice, just scrubbed by Ordis after the quest so you can use it. It becomes like a mobile codex that you can add custom entries too.

DE could add some game related gimmick to it I'm sure. Like collecting lore bits for that failed cipher puzzle for exploiter orb but have it work next time.

I don't seem to recall a Vitruvian from the sacrifice.. I'll have to replay it if possible. Though, any way to display/compile parts of lore that are important to a player is welcome.

lol, Also yes.. the cipher puzzle was a neat idea; really didn't come together as I'd have expected, for sure.

I can  get behind the idea of the vitruvian.

One example for it, which I was thinking about on these days of the event, is that I was wanting to make a note on exactly how many arcanes I needed to finally complete my collection of maxed arcanes.

I only needed 1 or 2 for a couple of them to get them to rank 5, so I was wondering where to write the ones I needed to buy from little duck, so I wouldn't have to keep coming to the orbiter and back to a flotilla. Having some sort of personal notebook that I can keep on myself always would be pretty handy, and a mild qol addition.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

I don't seem to recall a Vitruvian from the sacrifice.. I'll have to replay it if possible. Though, any way to display/compile parts of lore that are important to a player is welcome.

lol, Also yes.. the cipher puzzle was a neat idea; really didn't come together as I'd have expected, for sure.

The vitruvian was that thing we found on lua that contained data entries from Ballas, and plugging it into Ordis made him go all weird. 

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

The vitruvian was that thing we found on lua that contained data entries from Ballas, and plugging it into Ordis made him go all weird. 

Still drawing a blank, honestly. o_O ...anyone know if that's replayable?

2 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Still drawing a blank, honestly. o_O ...anyone know if that's replayable?

When you plug it into Ordis he gets a bit... loopy. It's the thing with the spiralling Orokin glyphs for an interface.

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

When you plug it into Ordis he gets a bit... loopy. It's the thing with the spiralling Orokin glyphs for an interface.

I take you guy's word for it, surely.. and by the sounds of it, it may suit/replace/variant this purpose well. I legitimately don't recall anything of the sort.

• 10 months later...

Since I started this game I've had a "WF.txt" going with current goals, reminders, copypaste messaged for trade or recruitment. anything in game wont be useful for that.

However, I've had a Note Beacon set up in the front of my ship for some time. its useful to remind me about any syndicate rep im low on atm. Its not very nimble, getting to the decoration mode in the orbiter is a bit awkward with the submenus but I don't need to edit it often.

A txt file is great though.

9 minutes ago, Oorel said:

A txt file is great though.

No doubt there are ways around it. However, an easily accessible in universe solution would be a nice addition. Why Alt+Tab out to reference a text file, when you can just look to the right of your foundry/nav/arsenal while you're standing at it?

Ship decor is good. These were my thoughts on things I'd like, with some practical thought into how a super easy project for them could make revenue.

If your text file could be a book on a bookshelf, that might be a nice feature. None of the decor is necessary; very little of it is practical thus far, players enjoy it, and they pay for it, too.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Sure, why not, though it would probably make more sense just to have a plaque or pedestal you can put somewhere. 

That, too.

Right now we have the light up sign that we can edit a short sentence onto. What I think of is like.. if we had something like a journal.

Taking it several steps further.. if we had custom trade-able 'paper' that could interface with drawing tablets, players could commission art from each other in game. Though.. there's no way that doesn't turn into rule34.. still a neat concept.

Point is there a lot of headroom with just having... scratch paper. Especially stylized scratch paper. Wherever they could go with that, I suspect there'd be a market for it.

Ohhh, I like this idea. (Finally, a use for that final blank terminal in the orbiter's helm!)

With... various mental conditions I have, keeping track of everything is a bit of a pain. I currently use a notepad on my phone, which works well enough - but having a little in-game notes system would be pretty cool, too. Maybe even tag certain blueprints to it so we can have an easily access checklist (via a hotkey when in-mission?) that reminds us what to pick up, maybe even including notes as to where to grab those particular bits and bobs.