[DE]Connor

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

2 minutes ago, Zekken159 said:

Hey, if you want to use a trash weapon look no further than the Stug.

I nominate the gorgon, has how many variants and is still trash no matter what riven you put on which variant or how many forma.

Latron family so forgotten it wasn't even mentioned. Poor Latron Prime, the most mediocre prime weapon with a mediocre riven disposition.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

yep, now im 100% sure the ship is sinking, time to uninstall this game for sure.

with all of this nerf made me ask myself why was i invested all this time grinding repetitive boring mission in search of something fun just to get nerfed someday

talking about balance in PVE co-op game, seriously DE!??

if you really want "balance" maybe just disable riven trading, or just remove riven from the game

either way, nobody asked for this. clearly you're not listening to players, you put your focus on the wrong area.

Edited by TwnZodiac
  • Like 6

all recent balance changes are awesome, really.

- nerf to the ground modular weapon, so now we haven't to grind those syndicates

- make non-prime weapon better than prime versions, and we are free of grinding for the relics

- and kuva too, because lich hunting is boring as hell

- nerfing of the arcanes just before releasing ss, which is the most bugged and grindy event ever (except dog days, maybe)

so i can only advise: give non-prime frames better stats and buff mk1 weapon. make the world better, help your players to get rid of gaming addiction! *sarcasm*

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Can we please see the possible removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days or so?

4 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Today's Riven disposition

I have to agree with the balance pass suggested by Voltage above.

Rivens were, as far as I know, intended to bridge the gap between weaker and more powerful weapons. That's fine and admirable. But the nature of Rivens - being based on the weapon's base stats - makes them only so effective in bridging that gap.

That should be obvious. Many people have stated it before.

What might not be as evident is that it seems you guys are hitting a plateau in weapon power. Corinth Prime and Baza Prime aren't notably better than their OG counterparts, not to the same degree as, say, Lex Prime or Braton Prime. And a lot of the recently released content, at least in terms of stats, is hovering quite close together. I don't think that's bad. But that means there's an upper bound starting to peek around the corner. An upper bound means you don't need to do a balance pass every 90 days. You can probably do it once, bring those weaker weapons much closer to par the way Rivens were once intended to do, and be fine for a very, very long time.

If weapons are closer together like that, Rivens don't need to vary in power quite so rigidly. Obviously, you wouldn't want super strong Rivens outright breaking the game - but with equitable weaponry, a broken Riven in one weapon likely means a broken Riven in any weapon.

That means you wouldn't need Riven disposition changes, or dispositions at all. You could open the entire gamut of stats, maybe with a tiny trim at the top an the bottom, and let people go ham.
You wouldn't need frequent weapon balances. One healthy push toward the cap and, as long as the cap is maintained (and I think it would be just by a natural reluctance to make things too strong), it's good.

Wouldn't it be nice to just make one pass-over and, after that, not have to worry about it?

3 minutes ago, kamisama85 said:

I had two or three active weapons in that list get a little tough love, but it's still going to be multiples stronger than anything I could have had without a riven entirely. I'm not one of the mega meta users on a bramma for instance, but these changes will not prevent me from still enjoying and laying waste to monsters as I already do today. Maybe I kill one or two less for every 50. No big deal, but my prime variants will continue to be choice over the original from base stat differences alone. Isn't that the reason why you chose the prime one in the first place? 

Yeah we'll see. I'm placing my bets on "theyre gonna be way too similar" because after looking at stats of other weapons listed in the changes and doing some comparisons....yeah, that's exactly what it looks like. 😞

• Like 1

Across the many games that I have played (A lot) which includes in game weapons (99% of them), I understand the system that you're trying to incorporate, which is to bring back old weapons from sitting in our inventory and collecting dust. Not a lot of games make the effort or even get as far into achieving this as you have, thus I find this commendable.

Rivens are an admirable solution. But your team HAS to realize that there is a line in doing this. Not everything has to or CAN be balanced, doing this ruins the whole game as Meta weapons are what incentivizes the community to continue grinding and getting those weapons. I'm sure a lot of players have already pointed this out, but I feel it prudent to reiterate that Meta weapons are for End game and that is their sole purpose, nerfing weapons that people find Fun solely on their usage is crazy, dumb in fact. If this is your medium of measurement then might I ask if there needs to be a nerf Every time an event comes through that requires the usage of a singular weapon or weapons? (Cough* Paracesis Cough*)

This is not the way DE please. There needs to be a change, heed the community, listen to our advice for it is US that play the game and not YOU.

• Like 3

This is why I have never bothered with rivens, only passively earned them and rolled them. What's the dam point if they are just going to be nonsensically nerfed? You nerfed machete wraith? Really? Who the hell even uses that? The point of rivens was to encourage weapon usage of non meta weapons, but if you keep moving the goal line theres no point in bothering. This is another of the many reasons I dont purchase prime access anymore.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Xydeth said:

that high disposition shouldve gotten normalised months ago. base stats above galatine prime and nearly 3x its disposition...how can u even think about complaining ? gram prime has had THE most riddiculous and unjustified disposition out of all, more than any other in the game since the implementation of melee rivens.

DE shouldve instantly set its dispo to at least 0.7 and raised galatine prime to 0.85....be happy its only falling in max 0.2 steps.

Go away, I don't like you and your harsh opinion about my beloved Gram Prime :<

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards rolling Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a player time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the possible removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days or so? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also increasingly horrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati and its Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade in the base stats. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime:

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. This is before the Prime is losing another .05 on the disposition. This means my Prime weapon will not even hit 100% Critical Chance anymore. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight status bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately). The Prime barely feels different than the vanilla weapon thanks to this difference in disposition, and this makes the upgraded version of the weapon boring and lackluster.

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake as the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this.

THANK YOU 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Over-usage directly correlates to powercreep in this game. Wouldn't the game be healthier if every 90 days you had crappy Primes/Vandals/Wraiths/etc. become relevant, and obvious powercreep adjusted? Or would you rather have it like it is now where a very obvious oversight isn't touched for years at a time? I could have told you the Plague Kripath disposition would be nerfed in 2017, I just wouldn't be able to tell you when. It's a base Viral damage polearm that can use Exodia Contagion. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to identify balance issues in this game.

Not claiming this is what you were suggesting...but.....

NEW PLAN!!! Nerf any frame/weapoin/mission node that is most used every 90 days. Sort of a limited vaulting system...reduce the power of frames/weapons by 85%, drop the affinity gains in popular nodes by 80% so players go somewhere else (another game most likely)...then change frames/weapons/nodes again at the next 90 day time gate!

Rename Warframe to ChaseTheMetaFrame or AvoidEnjoymentFrame or something...will give away my god rivens for Rubico, Kronen Prime, Kuva Chukkarr, Zenistar, Galatine Prime, Plague Kripath since they won't matter in the new version of the game...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Not even an acrid buff despite nobody using it but miter and mutalist quanta get nerfed? I'm just speechless. 

Lmao, I saw that one. Who the hell even uses the Miter to begin with? o_O

• Like 1

Guess I might as well dissolve my Rubico riven at this point. What's the goddamn point of keeping it. The Catchmoon riven I had has already become literally worse than even a single mod in the same slot.

Why bother? Seriously, why?

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, --DSP--CephalonSamara said:

All the damage numbers are before taking into account crit multipliers, body damage boosts and fire rate boosts.

If DE cant still see what is broken with their system, i dont know what can be done to make them see it.

I don't understand your point.

Was your point that the Pyrana Prime does more damage per shot than the Twin Vipers Wraith? If so, yes. Of course it does, it is an auto shotgun with a low magazine size versus a bullet hose.

The actual DPS of both builds is 185k burst/85k sustained for the Twin Vipers and 135k burst/72k for the Pyrana. Your rivened Twin Vipers beats Pyrana Prime, congratulations.  

• Like 1

ah yeah, another soma buff! soon my soma prime, soon your riven will be god tier. that is, right after i get to rerolling it for the 50th time. not even kidding, im near my 50th reroll and ive only gotten trash rolls. i have other rivens with god rolls or at least good rolls that i only had to roll a few times.

Thank you DE for the changes! 😞 My Fav Melee got a massive Nerf Reaper Prime: 1.29->1.15 

Im going to cry under Maroo's bazar stairs in a dark place, leave me alone tenno!sad face GIF

Posted (edited)

The kuva seer nerf, such an over present weapon on my radars. Seen thousand of kuva seer users around. Oh well, I guess it will increase with the next balance pass.

Edited by Kairaishi
  • Like 2

vor 9 Minuten schrieb THeMooN85:

Go away, I don't like you and your harsh opinion about my beloved Gram Prime :<

we all have "beloved"...gram is no exception and if it was then i would have a list of "beloved" which i would want a 1.55 dispo for then.

• Like 1

I guess DE reached their goal with me.. 

CBA about any of these riven nerfs anymore..

well done

Thumbs up..

goal achieved

now, please can we stop the trading in rivens already and make them so that we can lock certain specs.. and roll it the way we would like it? unlimited riven space

2 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

Lmao, I saw that one. Who the hell even uses the Miter to begin with? o_O

Back when Warframe had content creators (lets say just before Scarlet Spear dropped) playing the game some of them would make videos showing how it was good in some situations...thus the usage would go up...

Good thing is that now that all the content creators have left (lets just say before Scarlet Spear event is over) the mess that is called Warframe at least people will stick to the best weapon for any given 90 day window of play (before it gets nerfed into the ground)...

Those 3000 players will enjoy the best builds and get to experience the joy of figuring out the next best build after each 90 day 'content update'...

Best thing about this is that DE no longer has to worry about the team making new actual content and can simply keep nerfing current content to make it feel like totally new, challenging content again!

• Like 2

hilarious how these changes were 70% buffs and people still complain...guess weapon diversity is pointless when people only hype what the majority thinks of as "meta".

• Like 5

Yo enyone else just got that punch in the face? I just build aksomati prime ranked it n stuff buy a riven reroll after reroll u get what u want n now its useless? Luckily i only got to the point where i was about to forma it. This just all made the point of a prime and i cant stress PRIME weapon enough of which the point is being better than the standard aksomati, useless in comparison with it...can dispos please be removed? Like really? Like para is meta yes, bcuz if u r aware there is a (as para description gives) a sentient slaying event!

• Like 3

The longer the Icon of Sin is on Earth, the stronger he will become.

• Like 2