Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

Rivens are completely random, riven slots are limited and it takes a huge amount of time to farm kuva. Somewhat useful rivens are also extremely expensive to buy from other players.

DE, if you're always "adjusting" them - then at least remove riven slots limit and increase kuva drops (like x100-x1000 would make a sense). Getting really good stats on rivens requires about 100 rolls if you don't get extremely lucky, or more if you're extremely unlucky. If you could do multiple riven rolls just by completing 1 short mission - it could be "OK". But it takes many hours to get enough kuva for 1 riven to roll something "decent" and then you release update where you nerf that riven to absolutely unusable state, where regular mods do more than that riven and there is absolutely no point in using it.

11 minutes ago, Xydeth said:

hilarious how these changes were 70% buffs and people still complain...guess weapon diversity is pointless when people only hype what the majority thinks of as "meta".

Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream retired five 'classic' flavors in 2010. If they were DE instead they would have lowered the price of those five flavors and raise the price of the popular flavors to provide flavor 'balance' in the freezer.

9 minutes ago, Caliboom said:

Can we just remove the mistake that are rivens, please?

And refund everyone plat they spent on buying rivens, and time ppl spent on farming kuva. Give me back dozens of hours of my life! 🙂

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards rolling Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a player time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the possible removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days or so? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also increasingly horrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati and its Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade in the base stats. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime:

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. This is before the Prime is losing another .05 on the disposition. This means my Prime weapon will not even hit 100% Critical Chance anymore. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight status bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately). The Prime barely feels different than the vanilla weapon thanks to this difference in disposition, and this makes the upgraded version of the weapon boring and lackluster.

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake as the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this.

I mean no disrespect but I feel you are smart enough to know a entire weapon rebalance every 90 days is a pretty outrageous idea especially when the system to adjust dispositions is already in place. 

I get it, I have alot of rivens I spent a huge amount of time farming Kuva for, and some I spent a ludicrous amount of plat on. At this point though people should not be upset every single time a disposition change happens. We know its coming and we should really remember that everytime we buy a riven. 

And I know that you are aware of the absolutely massive laundry list of stuff DE needs to fix. You would rather they take time away from trying to duct tape their game back together and have them do a weapon rebalance every 90days when they already cant keep up with what they have? 

You are smarter than this Voltage. 

1 minute ago, ThreeFeetOfMagic said:

I get it, I have alot of rivens I spent a huge amount of time farming Kuva for, and some I spent a ludicrous amount of plat on. At this point though people should not be upset every single time a disposition change happens. We know its coming and we should really remember that everytime we buy a riven. 

Then there is no point in farming kuva and using/buying rivens at all. 

4 hours ago, Voltage said:

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards rolling Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a player time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the possible removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days or so? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also increasingly horrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati and its Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade in the base stats. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime:

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. This is before the Prime is losing another .05 on the disposition. This means my Prime weapon will not even hit 100% Critical Chance anymore. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight status bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately). The Prime barely feels different than the vanilla weapon thanks to this difference in disposition, and this makes the upgraded version of the weapon boring and lackluster.

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake as the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this.

If rivens are a mistake. Enabling multishot, crit chance and status chance on them is even worse, since it creates these "viability thresholds" of 100% crit, status or a full extra shot.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb GreyDeath789:

Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream retired five 'classic' flavors in 2010. If they were DE instead they would have lowered the price of those five flavors and raise the price of the popular flavors to provide flavor 'balance' in the freezer.

ikr, thats why kuva melts in the sun - its basically ice cream...

Kohm: 1.4->1.3
Kuva Kohm: 1->0.85

WOW. Just. WOW.

I can appreciate the attempts at 'balance passes', but this is absolutely absurd.

I wholeheartedly agree with @Voltage, instead of doing balance passes on the rivens, you need to balance pass the weapons. Its absolutely insane to invest time, energy, and sometimes money / plat into a mod, only to have it be nerfed HARD willy nilly by you guys whenever you feel like. I have 38 rolls on my Kohm riven, and the best I could get is 88.8% Crit Chance + 118% multishot, nothing else. After this change its 75%/100% respectively on the Kuva Kohm. 38 rolls is a ton of time to invest to get a half-way decent roll. Only to have it hit with a 15% nerf, when the weapon itself isn't even top-tier currently.

This is even further compounded by the complete RNG nature of rivens. You can't lock any stats, all you can do is hope and pray that it will roll the way you want it. And when you do get a decent roll, if the weapon becomes popular its gonna get nerfed.This is a dobule whammy against our effort.

The problem is not the riven balance. The problem is the weapon balance. People use the weapons they do because the other weapons suck comparatively. Just because one weapon sees more usage, shouldn't mean it gets a nerfed riven. It means that the other weapons with greater dispositions are just in a S#&$ty place balance-wise for the content they are going against.

DE as a company has a reputation for patching in a way that tries to force players to play the game the way you guys want us to play it, not the way we want to play it with the tools that you guys give us, or fixing the cause of why we are playing it like we are. Popular weapon? Nerf the riven. Popular frame? Something must be off, better nerf it. Easy way to gain affinity for the skateboards that you literally only need 1 of and the rest are a waste of time invented to get players playing longer artificially? Better nerf that too. Limbo negating the S#&$ty event? Better nerf limbo's abilities. (Granted that one pseudo-made sense with adapation). Khora healing the objective, which is in the tooltip? BETTER KILL THAT RIGHT OFF. (Granted you guys may have finally learned something, as you have backtracked on it and revised healing, but not before the community had a huge uproar over your heavy-handedness.)

Frankly, I'm still pissed off that I've only received 1 of my 10 or so floatilla rewards, the rest are just missing. People in my clan, myself included, all noticed and complained about various relay instances resetting their progress after reaching 100 murex. I still have a support ticket open, though I don't expect anything to come of it. This comment turned into a rant, but I don't care because I feel its something that needs to be said.

1 minute ago, Robbery525 said:

WOW. Just. WOW.

I can appreciate the attempts at 'balance passes', but this is absolutely absurd.

I wholeheartedly agree with @Voltage, instead of doing balance passes on the rivens, you need to balance pass the weapons. Its absolutely insane to invest time, energy, and sometimes money / plat into a mod, only to have it be nerfed HARD willy nilly by you guys whenever you feel like. I have 38 rolls on my Kohm riven, and the best I could get is 88.8% Crit Chance + 118% multishot, nothing else. After this change its 75%/100% respectively on the Kuva Kohm. 38 rolls is a ton of time to invest to get a half-way decent roll. Only to have it hit with a 15% nerf, when the weapon itself isn't even top-tier currently.

This is even further compounded by the complete RNG nature of rivens. You can't lock any stats, all you can do is hope and pray that it will roll the way you want it. And when you do get a decent roll, if the weapon becomes popular its gonna get nerfed.This is a dobule whammy against our effort.

The problem is not the riven balance. The problem is the weapon balance. People use the weapons they do because the other weapons suck comparatively. Just because one weapon sees more usage, shouldn't mean it gets a nerfed riven. It means that the other weapons with greater dispositions are just in a S#&$ty place balance-wise for the content they are going against.

DE as a company has a reputation for patching in a way that tries to force players to play the game the way you guys want us to play it, not the way we want to play it with the tools that you guys give us, or fixing the cause of why we are playing it like we are. Popular weapon? Nerf the riven. Popular frame? Something must be off, better nerf it. Easy way to gain affinity for the skateboards that you literally only need 1 of and the rest are a waste of time invented to get players playing longer artificially? Better nerf that too. Limbo negating the S#&$ty event? Better nerf limbo's abilities. (Granted that one pseudo-made sense with adapation). Khora healing the objective, which is in the tooltip? BETTER KILL THAT RIGHT OFF. (Granted you guys may have finally learned something, as you have backtracked on it and revised healing, but not before the community had a huge uproar over your heavy-handedness.)

Frankly, I'm still pissed off that I've only received 1 of my 10 or so floatilla rewards, the rest are just missing. People in my clan, myself included, all noticed and complained about various relay instances resetting their progress after reaching 100 murex. I still have a support ticket open, though I don't expect anything to come of it. This comment turned into a rant, but I don't care because I feel its something that needs to be said.

Oh come on you knew this was coming man. 

well finding another game as i wasted time trying to get a better roll for my tatsu with near 138 rolls and a lot of effort put into my paracisis to make it usable in this event to get some decent arcanes and have fun playing warframe again during this quarantine, ty for wasting my time and will to look at this game not gonna look forward to the none existent new content that will be ignored because 900+ hours in the game and i feel like im just being punished for trying to be good i regret showing my friends this game because eventually they will hit the point i reached where i was not doing enough to your mobs or your bosses or even in your events so i worked on rivens to swing faster do more status deal more crit and generally help others through but i see it was all for nought, ty for making my 3 months a miserable time when i could have played something else 

DE why are you nerfing my only good weapons??? You guys keep screwing me over with your updates. I've rolled my Bramma riven 250 times... do YOU know how much kuva that is??? Here's a hint around one million kuva. Then you nerf kogake prime which isn't even meta! That was one of my favorite weapons when I was leveling like crazy. Wanted to get the prime and a riven for it but why bother? You guys took a weapon that was ok at best and decided nah it's too good nerf it. What is up with your logic? Then you guys remove umbra forma why??? I need umbra forma for most of my frames but you guys won't even let me buy it! You guys make me want to quit the game. If you want more variety in the weapons used add more mods that can give weapons syndicate effects. And boost the STATS of weapons you screwed up on and made too weak for the game. Your idea was it doesn't matter about the weapon so much as the mods equipped. This is a wonderful idea but that means all weapons need to be around a similar base power level. So just make the S#&$ty weapons better. No one likes to have things nerfed and it's not a competitive game, its cooperative.... it doesn't matter if something is really good or not.

so it goes like this.. find a gun that nobody is using and use that.  Because unused guns will become more powerful, and eventually.. you will have the most powerful gun because its unused.  Any usable gun will always be made unusable.. so the only powerless way to survive being made more vulnerable by using guns is to stop playing with S#&$ guns, that nobody wants to use because you break every usable gun into something unusable.

What is wrong with you.  nobody uses them because they are crap.. .guns that arent used get deleted not promoted.

Lower dispo =/= weapon nerf. Just worse rivens for that weapon. The paracesis can deal perfectly well with the sentients in the event without a riven. And you only have to kill a handful of sentient every murex. And you're probably bringing a mesa on your team anyway. So it's literally just to strip immunities. And operator/shedu/umbra howl/naked paracesis can do that already. The dispo nerfs are welcome!

6 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

As a general rule, weapon dispositions within a certain family are still adjusted partially in relation to one another. Otherwise, most base weapons would skyrocket to 1.5, and we’d have a very strange meta on our hands!

DE forgot that was exactly the goal when they introduced rivens in the first place... Base and forgotten weapon were MEANT to have crazy good rivens to make them on par with Primes.... interesting.
Guess DE memory needs some hot fixing too xD

6 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Hek: 1.1->1.15
Vaykor Hek: 1->1.05

Kohm: 1.4->1.3
Kuva Kohm: 1->0.85

Kuva Bramma: 1->0.8

Also... what with the 0.05 buffs?  Was this put in literally so that the 0.2 nerfs don't look as bad?
0.05 is insignificant increment. 0.2 can be felt in gameplay.
Where is my Kubrow to dig up the bones of whatever is berried here?

Archived