Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

25 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

just look at poe devs: every time they change the stats of a unique item (or rework multimod craft, or something else), they let players keep already owned items with legacy stats

and now look at de...

DE don't like rewarding those who have invested more time into the game then others. Look at login rewards and the ability to now choose, whereas before we had to wait in anticipation for 300/400 days played. Or rift sigil that I spent 16 hours farming for at a 0.01% drop chance only for it to appear as a NW reward.

DE only cares about the newer players, but they realise alot sooner what the game is like. Ever started a game and heard only bad things from experienced players? You don't stick around for long.

All because somebody thought it would be a good idea to randomize stats and the amount of stats.

Why not make it manual and introduce Riven Fusion? Like:

You get a "weapon X" Riven, it's Grade 1 or smth. You can can pick 1 positive stat on it OR pick 2 positive and 1 negative.

You later get the same "weapon X" Riven, you fuse them - now you can pick 2 positive stats on it OR pick 3 positive and 1 negative.

Years have passed, you now have 2 kids OR 1 kid and a dog. You get the third Riven for "weapon X". You fuse them - you may now pick 3 positive stats, period.

Amount of stats? Same or slightly bigger than on dedicated mods.

What about trade? Either close it off completely and add the ability to re-roll one mod into ONE mod OR make Rivens only be exchanged for other Rivens.

Rivens themselves are a good addition to overclock a weapon of choice. Attempts to balance them based on a given weapon's popularity are just miserable to watch at this point.

DE we deserve better from you. Your riven disposition system is SOOO FLAWED it's ridiculous. First off people either spend dozens of hours to save up enough plat for expensive rivens or spend hundreds of dollars for the plat. Then their riven gets nerfed to hell and all their hard work/money are wasted. Secondly it is lazy, plain and simple. You you implemented a system so you could be lazy and didnt need to spend as much time balancing the weapons in the game. Thirdly it is MASSIVELY FLAWED. Lets look at some of the most recent riven disposition nerfs. Paracesis, hmm lets think about this for a second. You give us an event to kill sentients, so logically a massive portion of the player population is going to use the sentient killer weapon. The weapon is bugged so rivens dont even help the paracesis with damage to sentients. Yet it gets nerfed for no good reason. Now lets look at acceltra and fulmin. Both great weapons for lower MR players. Both very easy to acquire. So they are massively used by lower end players, most of which dont even have rivens for said weapons. So how does it make sense to nerf the rivens for weapons that most players using them dont even have rivens for?  Plz explain why acceltra needed a nerf?  It's basically useless on level 90+ enemies even with a godly riven. It's completely ridiculous that you base the "usage" on the weapon rather than the amount of people using that riven. Lets circle back to paracesis, explain why it has a lower disposition than gram prime?  This makes NO SENSE what so ever. Gram Prime is a better weapon overall by far. The only advantage paracesis has is that it is good against sentients, but rivens are bugged for paracesis. So it doesnt even make sense.

Bottom line, WE DESERVE BETTER FROM YOU, stop being using a very flawed automatic system to balance the game for you out of laziness.

DE devs, we all know that change is hard.  Even beneficial change is difficult... this, however, reiterates how backwards that headquarters in corporate business is.  Rerolling rivens every 90 days is the leaking bandaid that gets ripped off repeatedly.  It alienates your playerbase.... your customers.  Lets stop the madness!

4 hours ago, CephalonSkii said:

WHY YOU TOUCH MY FANG PRIME 😭

I'm sad too it's my main melee, my braton prime got a buff thou.

DE, "Riven disposition change; RDC" should be removed or change, and as a player I agree to most of the cries of Most of earlier player posts. Disposition changes is still is a vicious cycle that will only make  "new meta" then after sometime nerf that "new meta"

Next expected one will be Gram Prime to "0.5 to 0.6 disposition". The player will still use Gram Prime continuously and every RDC it will inch by inch lower until that "0.5 to 0.6 disposition" then by this time Galatine Prime might already reaching "1.1 disposition" and the said "CYCLE" will INVERSE itself. [or even Scindo Prime, Etc]

Another good example is Vectis Prime and Rubico Prime. Now Vectis Prime's disposition is rising and down goes the Rubico Prime.

In general should the player be allowed to buy Rivens with stats that eventually change in 1 to 2 months, as this is the scenario why most the players are ranting here. Players just wants concreteness in Rivens that the time that will be spend, will not feel worthless with every RDC.

90% tennos don't like the changes. and you all think our words are listen? probably not... maybe 5 years ago the community have a voice now....  like the time they nerf tonkor... i see something bad is coming... your time and 6 formas, all for nothing... take 2 formas and a booster and be happy... now a useless weapon... no we have now kuva tonkor... no thanks kee it for you... plus... 5 extra forma for mastery a weapon... o keep playing cuz i like so much the game but honestly. its hurt.

Balance is good! for every game but plz... that meta... rly... unaceptable!

LOL. Bought a paracesis riven, case you know, sentient stuff...and now its nerfed 😄 

Riven disposition changes feels like worst part of the game, cause its literally scam from devs to people who invest their time in goodies. Meh.  

at this point i dont see a reason to do sorties anymore, cause whats the point? get thing which will be murdered later? sigh. 

nice feeling from a game, ty DE. 

Can you just make ALL rivens untradeable and stop with those nerfs????

I have learned over the years of playing warframe, with and without rivens, there are a few things about them that are important to know. 1. Rivens are the ONLY thing to do when someone has finished the game, I am MR 28, there is nothing else to do before the next content patch. I think that making riven MR restrictions higher and instead of a random MR attached to a riven, attach MR based on how strong a weapon is up to the maximum MR obtainable through F2P (not Excal prime). Being MR 27 and requiring 28 for a riven on a new strong weapon gives someone a reason to play and rank things up, and also limits its usage to the people who worked hard and played to get a lot of MR as a reward for the effort of getting MR. I believe that instead of a complicated system of riven dispositions. There could be a bi or tri monthly rotation of Dispositions (like they already do) where things could be randomized between a range of 0.5-1.7 in order to create temporary, artificially strong weapons, and entice players to hold on to rivens, switch up the weapons they use instead of the same things all the time. This would add a lot of variety to the game in making people hold on to weapons and rivens they may not prefer or are bad in a given time. The people that don't like the concept of Rivens don't have to take part in them like always (rivens don't provide MR) and they are an interesting mechanic that can shift the Meta for a more interesting game. There can even be a room or relay dedicated to Cephalon Samodeus to tell when the next rotation is or even to get modifiers to rivens like locking stats with some content related to a grind for that. The market prices would be more varied due to uncertainty in a riven staying good as it always has the possibility to change. Samodeus is a Cephalon and it's reasonable that he would randomize riven stats per weapon because he is curious like Suda of possibilities. It also makes sense to do this because having dispo changes per weapon variant is becoming way too complicated to keep up with for the devs and the community. I love Rivens, they are the sole reason I haven't quit the game. I like the random chance of them and give me a reason to farm kuva and play random arbitration missions (I wish that was the best kuva farm and that defection rotations didn't exist. Defection is forced permanently to the infested faction as well as still being broken after all this time with the ai getting stuck and a horrible game mode anyways because you have to fill consoles and heal them, why not just make it the TRUE mobile defense mode where they don't die over time?). I only wish that one could chose whether to have rivens keep 3 stats, 2 stats, 2 stats and negative, or 3 stats and negative, for their re-rolling cycle and tell the players the benefits of each type, since depending on who you ask, they might want one of those category's over others.

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards investing into Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime or Catchmoon prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days instead? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also increasingly horrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati and its Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade in the base stats. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime (Before Patch):

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime (After Patch):

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight status bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately). The Prime barely feels different than the vanilla weapon thanks to this difference in disposition, and this makes the upgraded version of the weapon boring and lackluster.

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake as the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this.

if it makes something fair then that means theyll make less money and leo liu the china chicken company wont make their tithe. De will never re balance rivens for as long as it saves their bottom line

Why a lot of dead weapons got nerf?

Although, Mutalist Quanta has a lot of potential since the bursting mass mod arrived before explosive weapon change, but after that, it super garbage. Dralgoon is also, no one use it.

Is it's necessary to murder who murdered?

About riven system, I have an Idea. Dynamic Disposition Change.  Disposition is changing automatically depend on popularity by separated into 2 weight types, popular with riven and popular without riven(has more weight to drop down disposition). Rank the popularity and measure the disposition depend on where is it in the rank.

25 minutes ago, Predator30004 said:

Is that some kind of joke? What the hell why gram isn't 0.8 or 0.6? And why ninkondi got nerfed? 

Black People Twitter Meme Templates - Indian Meme Templates

They did the changes in small increments because in the next riven disposition change, they will nerf all these melee weapons again. and again after that too. That's what they do with primary and secondary weapons. So just you wait, the gram prime will hit 0.8 or 0.6 eventually. Trust me, DE has the sickening pride to do it.

In any case, a lot of other posters have shared sentiments that I also feel about these pathetic changes, resulting in hard work and time dedicated to getting the most valuable stuff, just getting thrown out the window. So I just came to upvote those good posts. Also cheers DE. I couldn't be spat in the face any more boldly or any more consistently by any one else.

9 hours ago, An8rchy said:

Very dissapointed on the Paracesis nerf.

Obiously the data will show its over used... A nerf that big was really uncalled for

DE apparently does not understand what skewed data is. I explained this to them last year when plaguestar was out and people were spamming rubico prime. They still nerfed the rubico prime disposition for the 3rd time i think when the next prime access came out.

Good to see you haven't totally and absolutely lost sight of what the real problems of the game are. Can't wait to see what you have stored for us next.

EDIT: Mods deleted 2 of my other critical comments. That's ok, won't spend another $ on WF.

9 hours ago, (PS4)True_Reclaimer said:

Remove rivens or remove whoever is currently in charge of them

Pointless to continue to make them more useless every update, and why are normal versions stronger than Primes?

Does DE hate money? Nobody will buy Prime Access when the regular weapons are better due to higher dispos

Why do you think nothing changes with the way this game continues to get content updates that are absolutely bugged out of this world? Or QoL changes like these riven disposition changes that completely invalidates people's hard work every 3 months. Like someone said, this is just bait-n-switch to allow people to purchase platinum to spend on "good" rivens, only for DE to nerf it into oblivion and buff something else so the process is repeated. This is, at the end of the day, exactly what takes place.

vor 57 Minuten schrieb glubbered:

here is the thing.. if i put time and effort and money into your game.. and you mess around with it.. i get upset.  stay out of my work..  because if i put my hand in your pocket and stole your life and value, and devalued your money and effort and time.. let me delete code.. like bad weapons.. and stuff i dont want to have competing...

you stay out of my business and i will stay out of yours.. all i get is to rent space on yoour heap.. and you cant stop messing with that..

how about you pay me for everything you nerfed and made obsolete refund all the plat and forma, all those micro transactions are in there.

give it all back.. every time you make something obsolete.. refund the costs to everyone who invested in it..

This.

Its Really Disrespectful to any player that has invest time, Money or anything else in this game to make a horrible Riven even good in the first place....since rolling Rivens is just a Freakin Gambling slot machine game and can take up to hundreds of Rolls But DE doesn't care at all for the work that the players put into this stuff.

i remember Steve said once "we dont want Warframe to be a Grinding Game" well Rivens are literally Grinding for Kuva of absurd High amounts Just because Rolling a riven gets more expensive the more you roll it.

Really let the players Decide how powerful their rivens are gonna be by upgrading the Disposition on their own permanently this is just a PVE game afterall Not a competition of Player VS player where those Rivens would bring a bad unbalance to the game only then there is some Value to the work the most of us putting on Rolling those rivens when you won't BIG nerf and tiny buff them all the time...

Like after getting a Riven start with a disposition of 1/5 first upgrade 20k kuva next one 30k third one 40k  fith one 50k and thats it.
It stays at 5/5 after that the players can roll them without to be afraid that the over use of the Community would Destroy ALL their Long hard work it is hard enough to get the riven for the weapon you like WITHOUT spending Stupid amounts of platnum with trading.

And for gods sake STOP nerfing stuff if you throw those ridiculous OP enemies at us all the times i mean did you ever normally  fight a kosma elit Lancer at higher levels ? thos guys tank easily shots and blows of the most powerfull weapons in the whole game und deal tremendous Damage to the player and all you guys can think of is Nerf players abilitys and weapons ? If you put thos enemies end there are more of those enemies in the game that are absolutely BROKEN at higher levels then give the players the tools to keep up with them and STOP nerfing the necessary Equipment that we NEED to kill those things you guys literally Begging the whole playerbase to look out for Exploits or Fun and Effective strategies to take out there things same goes for Game Modes A lot of things in this game is really questionable on the point to highly doubting that you even have the slightest idea WHAT you really put into this Game and how most of this stuff Works to an extreme to Nerf stuff that literally just came out a couple hours ago just because it looks fine on Paper but in your eyes AFTER you released its Totaly overpowerd ingame all the testing you guys are doing is on LV 15 Butchers .....i Mean seriously is anyone of you there really playing your game ? without Admin tools and just adding stuff into your inventory and actually GRIND for the stuff we need to do ?.

I am highly Disappointed with your work of the last years Fixing bugs is fine but Nerfing stuff all the time Feels just Horrible and Really puts Down player choice in terms of Warframes and weapons for high level content like Arbitration or the current event which is just F,ing stupid after the 10 or later Condrix you are Forced to Cheese the game to Finish all 17 if you are playing Solo and all you do and think of is Nerf Frame powers even when its the enemies greatest weakness...... No you give them downright stupid amounts of Armour Health, Shield AND on top of all that the ability to  Adapt to any damage type like Seriously ....which one of you trolls thought that the Aerolyst was Fine with a s/h/i/t ton of armour AND adaptation AND and this is the best one ......A FREAKING CONSTANT INVULNERABILITY with a Downtime of 1,5 Seconds Which one of you TESTED that and Said That this is fine !!!!

This is my first Post here because i really feel the need to say that and i am at 5.3k hours of playtime...
You guys Currently getting called D/i/C/K Extreme....i dont wonder why......

6 hours ago, 1st-1 said:

Can't agree more. +1
Happy i am, just wasted 1k on a redeemer riven with +30initial combo 1 week ago that is going to worth much less now, good bye x4 initial combo

And THIS ! "Therefore, to prevent savvy Riven traders on PC exploiting market knowledge, we are preventing the trading of Rivens on PC until we can hotfix in the disposition changes."

Exploiting market knowledge.. yeah, sorry if we spent times and effort to get more knowledge then other lazy players, but yeah, punish us for our investment and knowledge, one more good thing DE..

The more update i see, the more i want to uninstall this game after 6k hours..

EDIT : YES , they warned us about disposition change that will come at a later date, but they never exactly said when, and they don't even give you a warning about this update incoming now, it just came like this out of nowhere.. !! S.M.A.R.T

Agreed with all of this.

The game's mind-bogglingly frustrating to play as time passes. I never thought years ago, that I would straight up not want to play Warframe. It's so sad. Also, I think the only exploitation that's taking place here, is DE exploiting it's player base with these random af disposition changes. Laughable. I used to spend hundreds of hours farming kuva (For e.g. I rolled a Kohm riven 400 times xD) because I wanted to get strong rivens for the weapons I liked using. But I don't do any of that now. In fact, I hardly play this game. Were it not for the intrinsic farming in scarlet spear, I'd just log in for the daily login reward and log back out.

The game's clearly heading in a direction that will drive players like me away. But I'm not the one making these decisions.

This is getting on my nerves.

You Nerf Tipedo, the one Weapon I feel like I can actually main aside from Scoliac (which is trash and I doubt anyone else is using, so why didn't it get buffed?).

Baza Prime? Nerfed. And yet it's already underwhelming and needs all the dispo it can get. Not to mention that the prime isn't much better than the base.

Ninkondi Prime, one of my favorite melees before melee 3.0, is now trash and then to top it off you nerf it's riven disposition.

There are nerfs to weapons that just don't even make sense. You are aware that sometimes players use weapons because they're actually FUN or just have good base stats? Continuously nerfing rivens for weapons like Fulmin and Rubico when we are going to keep using them anyways? You just gonna keep going until they hit 0.01 dispo? It probably won't change their usage stats much so I don't get what you're trying to balance. 

And someone tell me what the hell the point of having a Prime is if it's going to be the same or weaker than it's standard counterpart with rivens? 

All these changes are just stupid and all they do is piss the player base off. Why not keep all riven dispos the same and buff all the underperforming weapons like Stug? Heck Stug would need at least a 6/5 to be usable.

This is why I don't ever buy rivens for anything. I'm paranoid of the nerfs to my favorite melee weapons. 

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flak from the community for being so negative but DE needs to know how I feel.

7 hours ago, Voltage said:

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards investing into Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime or Catchmoon prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days instead? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also increasingly horrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati and its Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade in the base stats. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime (After Patch):

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. I can't even hit 100% Critical Chance on the Prime when I can on the vanilla variant. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight stat bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately). The Prime barely feels different than the vanilla weapon thanks to this difference in disposition, and this makes the upgraded version of the weapon boring and lackluster.

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake as the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this.

Just a few thoughts here, but if, hypothetically, you were to rebalance early-game weapons to be much stronger instead of a riven's disposition on the same weapon, you'd upset the game's progression. As is, you get better weapons that are, generally, locked behind a higher resource and MR requirement. (That is, you only have access to basic weapons early on, and master more equipment to gain access to the not-so-trash weapons.) In your example, that aksomati riven still is still the largest possible buff (from a single mod) to the aksomati prime. Even if it dropped further in disposition, the riven is saving you mod slots by letting you 2-3 bonuses from a single mod. However, to the best of my understanding, the reason they even added riven mods in the first place was to make worse weapons (such as the base aksomati) more on par with the power creep and overtuned weapons.

8 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Skana Prime: 1.22->1.15

You managed to nerf dispo of an exclusive weapon that only a very few people have,  let along use! I am not a founder, but this kind of actions make me wonder about the logic you guys use behind those dispo!

20 minutes ago, WarriorSoundwave said:

This is getting on my nerves.

You Nerf Tipedo, the one Weapon I feel like I can actually main aside from Scoliac (which is trash and I doubt anyone else is using, so why didn't it get buffed?).

Baza Prime? Nerfed. And yet it's already underwhelming and needs all the dispo it can get. Not to mention that the prime isn't much better than the base.

Ninkondi Prime, one of my favorite melees before melee 3.0, is now trash and then to top it off you nerf it's riven disposition.

There are nerfs to weapons that just don't even make sense. You are aware that sometimes players use weapons because they're actually FUN or just have good base stats? Continuously nerfing rivens for weapons like Fulmin and Rubico when we are going to keep using them anyways? You just gonna keep going until they hit 0.01 dispo? It probably won't change their usage stats much so I don't get what you're trying to balance. E

And someone tell me what the hell the point of having a Prime is if it's going to be the same or weaker than it's standard counterpart with rivens? 

All these changes are just stupid and all they do is piss the player base off. Why not keep all riven dispos the same and buff all the underperforming weapons like Stug? Heck Stug would need at least a 6/5 to be usable.

This is why I don't ever buy rivens for anything. I'm paranoid of the nerfs to my favorite melee weapons. 

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flak from the community for being so negative but DE needs to know how I feel.

I used to have some sort of endgame before. Ya know, gaming sorties to get rivens and playing arbitrations and buy kuva so i can roll my rivens to become epic.

But i've lost all motivation to do so and already stopped with that this year. Because all the good weapons (even those that nobody uses) get nerfed...and then some weapons get buffed by...*drumroll* 0.05. And OP weapons that get released freshly come with a 1.00 dispo just to bait players.

This system is leaking toxin from every corner. Dispositions have to go.

Archived