Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

13 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

To prevent savvy Riven traders on PC exploiting market knowledge, we are preventing the trading of Rivens on PC until we can hotfix in the disposition changes.

Attempting a Riven trade will produce the following error - know that you still have the mod, the transaction will simply not go through.

Reveal hidden contents

rivenerror.png

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but hope that you understand why this preventative measure is necessary, to protect those who might be caught unaware!

That's all well and good, but can you explain why I am unable to trade veiled rivens? It is incredibly inconvenient and doesn't lend itself to the potential issues you have highlighted. 

20 hours ago, --Q--FSK41 said:
*to prevent savvy Riven traders on PC exploiting market knowledge, we are preventing the trading of Rivens on PC until we can hotfix in the disposition changes*

Khora Healing -> Exploit (despite being in tips)
Using a brain (if available ) to trade Rivens  -> Exploit  

This brings up two questions to a veteran,first of all,what is considered as exploit next?  doing a event or for this matter any mission too efficient and gaining more than a Mr0 that plays since 2 hours because one put it 6000 hours and probably knows the game better than the ones who develop it.
Secondly what is your definition of exploit,is it simply ,,positive for the player'' by now? 

[16:32]
ex·ploit

Spoiler

verb
verb: exploit; 3rd person present: exploits; past tense: exploited; past participle: exploited; gerund or present participle: exploiting
/ikˈsploit/
  1. make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    • use (a situation or person) in an unfair or selfish way.
      "the company was exploiting a legal loophole"
    • benefit unfairly from the work of (someone), typically by overworking or underpaying them.
      "making money does not always mean exploiting others"

noun
noun: exploit; plural noun: exploits
/ˈekˌsploit/
  1. 1.
    a bold or daring feat.
    "the most heroic and secretive exploits of the war"

2. 2.
    a software tool designed to take advantage of a flaw in a computer system, typically for malicious purposes such as installing malware.
    "if someone you don't know tweets you a link, it's either spam, an exploit, or probably both"

we generally go by the first definition in the noun or verb case. de clearly is moving to only seeing such as the second definition in the noun or verb case, which sucks.

8 hours ago, Exodess said:

For all the reasons outlined thus far in this thread and then some, the band-aid that is the Riven disposition system has clearly outlived its usefulness.

DE, please consider a rework on how you handle weapon balancing. The Riven system is not feasible as it stands and is clearly a distraction from either content development or better incentives for wielding less popular weaponry.

i think the inherent issue is that. us as players think that every weapon should be equally viable.

however that is pretty much impossible with all the variation.

rivens as a whole without comparing them to other weapons do have the potential to tweak weapons at its base. 

even a dispo 1 riven can drastically change the performance of a weapon but i think expecting to run a Mk-paris to be as viable as a paris prime is irrational and we should not expect rivens to compensate for that entirely vs if you want to use a Mk-paris go ahead - this paris riven will make it more useable but it still wont be as strong as a paris prime -

what would be the criteria to balance weapons ? 

if you had the ability to balance them. and mind you would have to balance all of them 😛

8 hours ago, grindbert said:

now who isn't reading everything?

if you craft things you spend time in the game, time in the game is exposure time and exposure time is basically free advertising. and even if you don't buy anything, somebody will (you are not the center of the universe and how you do things is not representative of how others do things). 

i'm not saying that they don't need monetization. i never said that, what the hell are you talking about?

but there are ways to set up a business so it's stable long term and realize that no video game ever will last forever. warframe is old. and it did well, it stayed profitable for 7 years and will probably stay that way for a few more. but they do notice a steady decline so the squeeze will become tighter which ultimately will kill off the player base.

my response is on point. read the second part. you're saying i gave the wrong answer, i'm saying you ask the wrong question.

na i'm good thanks. nothing further to discuss with you

13 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but hope that you understand why this preventative measure is necessary, to protect those who might be caught unaware!

no i do not. this is market fixing and borderline communism.

why should i be punished because somebody is too lazy to read patch notes? the information is there, it's the choice of every individual to look up the news and those who fail to do so will just have to do without. it's their choice to visit the forum or not.

how about we prevent people from buying or selling shares of your company every time you completely mess up an update. i think that would be considered highly illegal.

2 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

na i'm good thanks. nothing further to discuss with you

classic surrender, i'm fine with that.

1 minute ago, grindbert said:

why should i be punished because somebody is too lazy to read patch notes? the information is there, it's the choice of every individual to look up the news and those who fail to do so will just have to do without. it's their choice to visit the forum or not.

how about we prevent people from buying or selling shares of your company every time you completely mess up an update. i think that would be considered highly illegal.

i'm pretty sure we are able to trade already lol it was not that long of a wait.

2 minutes ago, grindbert said:

classic surrender, i'm fine with that.

i'd rather not deal with your constant moving of the goalpost. i cutting it off before it creates unnecessary  nonsense i was not even talking about

2 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

i'm pretty sure we are able to trade already lol it was not that long of a wait.

the amount of time does not matter. we were prevented from trading rivens in order to stretch out the time people have to see the changes in order to adjust the prices. that's by it's very definition market fixing. nobody who isn't a communist should be ok with that. 

Just now, Makunogo said:

i'd rather not deal with your constant moving of the goalpost. i cutting it off before it creates unnecessary  nonsense i was not even talking about

the answer stands: classic surrender, i'm ok with that. you're not obligated to explain yourself to me.

2 minutes ago, grindbert said:

the amount of time does not matter. we were prevented from trading rivens in order to stretch out the time people have to see the changes in order to adjust the prices. that's by it's very definition market fixing. nobody who isn't a communist should be ok with that. 

oh i thought it was so the change in dispo drops at the same time for console users. i admit i only Skimmed the notes and since i came on late i was already able to trade. lol

56 minutes ago, grindbert said:

I don't need to. you're still under the illusion that anything in this game happens for other reasons than maximizing profit. that they actually care about things like balance. that is simply not the case. warframe is in decline so they have to come up with methods how to milk their player base enough to have a financial cushion for when warframe is no longer profitable. this isn't the first game or company that followed that path. this is an old pattern hundreds of online games have gone through. but because no developer that has created something they are proud of seems to be able to think about a time when that thing is no longer relevant they ride the wave for a few years, suddenly see a decline and go into panic mode and try to appease their audience with quantity instead of quality (look at the major updates after fortuna) which causes them to lose even more players (as warframe indeed did) so they go into ultra-panic mode and try to squeeze their remaining player base as much as they can in order to be able to stay afloat and produce adequate return on investment for their owners.

seen it so many times now, i can see the amount of panic and desperation in the patch notes like a soothsayer in tea leaves or whatever those hippie witches use.

Maybe make a separate post detailing corporate greed and declining profits if you want to go at a tangent to the actual topic at hand. 

Had a sepfahn riven, spent time to make a zaw and get it to 5 forma specifically for use in this event (for exodia contagion against the condrix). After these changes I no longer have the 200% crit chance, meaning I no longer have guaranteed tier 4 crits for the projectile.

What is the purpose of constantly nerfing rivens? 

Il y a 14 heures, IllogicalLogic420 a dit :

But the issue why people resort to "meta weapons/builds" is because, that's what we need to do in order to complete high level endgame content.

The only thing i disagree with since i have yet to see "high level endgame content" that require meta weapon/build.

3 hours ago, ToKeSia said:

it's 0.05 because orthos still popular that why it is not 0.5 > 0.7 but 0.5 > 0.55 instead, did you forget orthos prime got buffed from melee rework that why it become popular now. If it didn't change stats on melee rework, its stats will still be that low, and i guess u won't use it either even riven disposition increased.

It is a good weapons, top in base stats. But there are at least a dozen of melee weapons with similar stats, and some have a higher than 1.0 dispos. Is Gram prime not popular? Or Nikana prime? No one runs Hate cuz it is difficult to get. Should DE buff the dispo (it was actually nerfed)? Did DE take in consideration that Orthos prime is easy to get, due to highly accessible relics, compared to, lets say, Reaper prime? Point is this is potatoes. 

39 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

It is a good weapons, top in base stats. But there are at least a dozen of melee weapons with similar stats, and some have a higher than 1.0 dispos. Is Gram prime not popular? Or Nikana prime? No one runs Hate cuz it is difficult to get. Should DE buff the dispo (it was actually nerfed)? Did DE take in consideration that Orthos prime is easy to get, due to highly accessible relics, compared to, lets say, Reaper prime? Point is this is potatoes. 

That why it starting to lower now, and in next PA , those meta will be lower more because they didn't start from 1.00 that why it took time to lower its value. If they didn't start from old value then i bet this gram prime would be like 0.5-0.7 now but they didn't do this that why u saw gram prime got high disposition.

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Maybe make a separate post detailing corporate greed and declining profits if you want to go at a tangent to the actual topic at hand. 

it's not greed, it's necessity born out of the culmination of their failures. and it is the topic at hand as it's the very core reason why we get those destructive riven "readjustments" based on stats that have nothing to do with balance instead of a proper redesign of the riven system.

6 hours ago, RadYogh said:

Is there any use for rubico except eidolons?

Sniper rifles in this "SLAUGHTER THEM ALL!!!11" game suck everywhere, except some really rare cases, like Eidolons... meybe Condrix. But many other things also work *fine* for Condrix. I did try killing arbitration drones with sniper rifles - much easier to just use some AOE weapon, because they're always moving and surrounded by other mobs... and you need to hit them twice, because of the stupid shieldgating on mobs. What else could require sniper rifle?

I totally don't undestand why DE nerfed all sniper rifle rivens and then also nerfed riven for certain sniper rifles... Sniper rifles have very limited use. And no matter with or without rives - they will be used there... well... maybe if snipetron rivens were +1000% cc&cd - people would switch from rubico to snipetron...

They've got some use in railjack because its populated entirely by small groups of high level enemies that are all heavy gunner tier tough while also being high level. Eidolon, condrix, bosses. 

Obligatory 'good in conclave tho'.

The best 'snipers' are the ones that have assault rifle modes with them too. Tiberon, etc.

I do think that sniper weapons should be gravimag-able, because I'd much rather have the power to call down a heavy ground weapon than an archgun for when I need it. Fluctus can suck it; gimme an ogris or rubico on demand with the funky ammo mechanic and its works out better.

Add the kuva booster which would stack with smeeta and resource booster. Why ? So people roll more and this will by pass the riven market mafia. Make people less bitter over "oh that guy has good roll smh", and DE won't loose money but rather potentially make more since people will have easy access to kuva booster from market in game.  Ofc price should be big  if normal booster 200, kuver should be 400. 

I don't really get why people complain about riven dispo, the rivens suppose to be an enhancement. You or use dumb powerful weapons like bramma or use extream niche what noone know about and thus there's no chance of dispo  nerfs. I do this current change affects me in no way actually there's some interesting changes which make some weapons more viable with orb runs. 

Also don't buy the dumb priced rivens, they are not worth it, roll your self, buy unrolled etc it's easy and fun. 

A lot of the time, rivens are used to make fun weapons into usable weapons. So every riven rebalance feels like a big lol from DE to the most dedicated players who put in the time to perfect their builds. Never thought I'd say this, but Im gonna try out Destiny 2, because while I kept returning to Warframe for several years since I started playing, it just feels like the devs just love to punish dedication at every turn in every way possible (rivens are an example, railjack resource changes - doubling gain instead of reducing cost, thus punishing everyone who put in the initial work is an example, same thing with other new events (seems to be the new policy, since they didnt do this back in PoE and fortuna - they rebalanced costs like they should have), melee rework is an example in some cases, I could keep going for pages).

Might come back if you get it together, DE. I think a lot of players feel like that.

Archived