Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

I’ve always loved the idea of Rivens. Something that can push the limits of what a weapon could do interests me immensely. I’ve always spent money on platinum, I’ve always bought every prime access and any other pack that’s been released. I do it because I consider Warframe a hobby and has enormous potential. I want to support a game I think has a great business model. If you want it... spend or grind. Seems fair to me. I also started playing pretty late in the games life, I wanted to catch up. The one thing that bothers me more then anything is when I drop a few hundred bucks because I want a specific riven, you better believe when you change, nerf, or drive the disposition into the ground, It touches a nerve. I’m not against balance. I’m not against changing for the better.   I am however against losing value. When the high dollar/plat items I have are reduced to portions of what they used to be, it touches a nerve to say the least. 

I’ve always thought the rarity of a roll, and the negative make a Rivens value, but some of that value is based on the players opinion of that weapon/roll. I’ve seen people charge 25k for a single riven, I’ve also gotten a Groll for 100 because the disposition was changed. I’ve always had the idea that if you could lock stats on a riven, it would not only drive the price down, it would also make rolling for something specific much easier. This in turn makes these changes not as frustrating, because the user doesn’t feel like getting a similar roll is impossible or nearly as much work an effort. The majority of players would be able to get and roll a riven to there liking more efficiently, and with better outcomes. Boosting player moral, 719%. 

Think about this, how many people have a great roll, but there’s 1 stat missing, or 1 stat that could be improved. My case is I love specific negatives depending on the weapon. Charge 5k kuva to lock 1st stat, 10k to lock the second, 20k to lock the negative. Once the player has what they want, it’s 35k to lock the riven entirely. The riven can still be rolled for 5k each roll once it’s locked. They only thing that changes are stat values. They can go up or down, but the %’s are the only thing that change. I’ve thought long and used many different ideas to come to the conclusion this is a genuinely good idea. Prime access drove Warframe/weapon prices down, why not do something similar with Rivens? Flooding the market with better Rivens helps get rid of the toxic nature Rivens can have. Everyone complains when they have a bad roll, but everyone love to show off a good one. 

When I started I looked over a few Rivens that were hit kind hard In my collection and I wanted to say this is crap. Days and days of grinding kuva or money spent for a decrease in what I spent time or money for. 5 hours kuva fissure runs aren’t as easy to put together as you think... The sh-t sucks. I’ve noticed I used to love unveiling and rolling no matter the weapon. I could make anything good. Nowadays I’m not as likely to play for the same amount of time for the simple fact I may never get a great roll. I’ve rolled 5 astilla Rivens over 300x, nowhere near what I want. That’s a solid f you to my face lol. 

I’ve always thought if you have an issue, take care of it before it becomes a problem. I see a community that’s throwing ways at you guys to resolve some of these things, I have my own opinion on these issues. The game changes, mods and weapons change. I get that, but it never changes the fact that losing value in something you bought sucks. The fact is I wouldn’t take the time to say something if I didn’t care. 

1 hour ago, Udoshi said:

They've got some use in railjack because its populated entirely by small groups of high level enemies that are all heavy gunner tier tough while also being high level. Eidolon, condrix, bosses. 

Obligatory 'good in conclave tho'.

The best 'snipers' are the ones that have assault rifle modes with them too. Tiberon, etc.

I do think that sniper weapons should be gravimag-able, because I'd much rather have the power to call down a heavy ground weapon than an archgun for when I need it. Fluctus can suck it; gimme an ogris or rubico on demand with the funky ammo mechanic and its works out better.

So, as I said - sniper rifles are very specific. Mesa seem to work better for anything that isn't  immune to abilities. For high lvl enemies you also can use other weapons with good dps. For condrinx you can use volt with redeemer or ... let's say mirage with bramma...

Anyway, where sniper rifles are useful it seems that they're just a bit better than other options. Like using sniper to shoot eidolon parts could save you only few seconds comparing to opticor. And on RJ, if it's not sentient, you can use Saryn to kill stuff.... or many other frames as well. You can use melee and do stealth kills... and get a lot more exp from that!

4 hours ago, Scissorsmith said:

-snip-

Destiny 2 is the same , they advertising new exotic but when they moved to new season, they nerfed those exotic in past season and advertising new exotic instead, it like our effort to obtained difficult exotic go in vain.

ok, so the buffs are inconsequential the nerfs are through the roof but let's ignore that, we won't make base weapon have the high disposition they should have because that would make bad weapons great and that would be the point of rivens but the true point of rivens is to flood the trade chat and move some plat around, some nerfs make no sense, like the kogake prime getting it's disposition nerfed despite no one using it,  or the pennant which nobody own 'cause it's tied to railjack  TL;DR: very funny didn't laugh

I'm just curious how the recent riven disposition changes effected players. Did your favorite weapon get buffed, nerfed or overlooked? I know some of you build around them while some refuse to use rivens. I personally like them. You can add more raw damage or some utility to weapons. Or both. That's what I like. It gives you a little more freedom to customize your favorite weapons to suit your play style. 

What hurt me the most was the drop to kuva weapons and zaws. The time it took to grind for specific kuva weapons, with the right elemental bonus, farm multiple copies of the same weapon to get them to +60%, and forma them 5 times was not an insignificant amount of time. In some cases I farmed multiple 5 forma/60% versions of the same weapon for different base elements. Then I find a riven that works for my build or farm kuva to roll one. Often I would have several rivens for the same weapon to test builds before I chose my favorite. 

Zaws pretty much got nerfed across the board. Those things were a pain to get. You have to rank standing in Cetus before making one is even an option. Then you have to farm resources. This requires hours of mining and fishing. Quite possibly the most mind numbing activities in the game. Don't forget about the grinding standing to get those exodia arcanes. Do all this and you now have the privilege of crafting a weapon with sub par disposition. Or in the case of Plague Keewar/Kripath you you have to wait for a once a year event to grind just to get the parts. Only to have them nerfed a few months later. Of course there are more people using kripath/keewar. The plaguestar event just happened. 

I feel the changes in disposition trivialize the investment of time and plat players make. Whether you farm plat and buy weapons and rivens or farm the weapons and roll your own rivens there is still an investment of time and a sense of accomplishment. To me it feels like something was taken from me when builds I had no longer function the way they did. It kind of removes the want to continue playing. Like what is the point of playing and coming up with builds when their functionality might diminish at a later date?

Sure a kronen prime is good with or without a riven but what about my cyath machete built for heavy attacks with exodia brave, life strike, and a +31 initial combo combo/220% cc/-chance to gain combo riven that is now a +28.5% inital combo? Not reaching +60 initial combo. No more energy regen life steal machete for me.

When will my

cJCfxEA.gif

EDIT Guess making topics about riven changes gets your topic buried 20+ pages back on this topic. 

Speaking of Detron. With the Shotgun Status Chance rework, my Mara Detron went from 100% SC per pellet to 46.9%... which made me very sad. It was my most used and only status based secondary, with 8 Formas invested to it. What was the reason behind such a harsh nerf?

no effect on me, at least nothing very noticeable. most of my Rivens are for non-meta weapons that I genuinely like, and those are the ones that either get a buff or slip under the radar. it's those of you with Rivens for Meta weapons that get hit, and the ones I have for Meta weapons are just luxuries.

but please, feel free to buy meta Rivens at ludicrous prices; it makes your tears taste so much better when they get nerfed into the ground :smile: 

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be apparently they are just going to slowly nerf some of the prime melee rivens.  I thought they would just reset them to have their own dispositions but kronen prime/gram prime just went down 1 pt instead so they won't be 1/5 for aprox 270 days so around january before they are to weak to use anymore.

I had my stat stick for khora/atlas based around a kripath riven but that got hit so Im gonna go back to rolling the mire riven I have to get something better for that.

Edit not happy about moderation lumping posts to threads I didn't post on

Instead of adjusting riven dispo every 3 months and flush players's investments down the drain, would you just put all that work hours into balancing weapons ?. Not that i care anymore because i actively avoid all meta rivens and i got good buffs this time, but this system is very unfair and inefficient.

To all those people who leave the game because of riven nerfs: noone will miss you.
Rivens are a part of the game, not the game itself. If you need something strong like rivens to enjoy the game then go and play anime slashers where you can kill 100 enemies in 1 sword swing

5 hours ago, Tutajkk said:

Speaking of Detron. With the Shotgun Status Chance rework, my Mara Detron went from 100% SC per pellet to 46.9%... which made me very sad. It was my most used and only status based secondary, with 8 Formas invested to it. What was the reason behind such a harsh nerf?

Because getting a 100% sc per pellet was not intentional, it was a bug.

4 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Is that why up until recently they pretty much locked the riven dispo on kohm to not lose that 100% sc per pellet?

Yes, they decided to keep it as is before they solve it so they won't have to deal with the crapstorm coming from kohm fanboys

22 hours ago, Voltage said:

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards investing into Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime or Catchmoon prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days instead? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also increasingly horrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati and its Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade in the base stats. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime (After Patch):

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. I can't even hit 100% Critical Chance on the Prime when I can on the vanilla variant. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight stat bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately). The Prime barely feels different than the vanilla weapon thanks to this difference in disposition, and this makes the upgraded version of the weapon boring and lackluster.

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake as the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this.

If you think this is bad, you should compare kuva weapons against their normal counterparts. That's even more evident there.

Archived