Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

Never thought i would see the day that Zenistar gets a riven change, but i also never thought you'd leave the disc as a near useless 10 second piece of trash either. If I mod for combo I lose disc potential and if I mod for disc I can't keep it up long enough to make a difference...

Please just make the disc its own thing apart from heavy attacks and having the  combo multiplier being the only way to keep it out for any useful amount of time.

I am sick to death of your god awful riven "balancing". All you've done is consistently nerf the weapons I use the most, to do the most tedious parts of the game, which are the absurdly long grinds.

I've stopped putting forma into things. Why bother when you're just going to nerf it anyway, you obviously have zero respect for the time that people invest in what they think is fun or useful. It's not that you tried to balance weapons with a system that anyone has a problem with, it's that it's failed completely and all it does is make people like me angry at you.

Stop pretending rivens are a balancing mechanic, they're not. They're blatantly a *REWARD* that takes time/luck and dedication to acquire.
There is no incentive to use the weaker weapons. At full disposition, they're nowhere near as good as the most powerful without a riven and they're definitely not worth the time you need to spend on them to use the riven.

Stop the farce already and get rid of dispositions. Stop punishing us for investing time into the game and stop listening to the sycophantic idiots that praise you no matter what you do.

23 hours ago, Voltage said:

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards investing into Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime or Catchmoon prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days instead? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also increasingly horrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati and its Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade in the base stats. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime (After Patch):

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. I can't even hit 100% Critical Chance on the Prime when I can on the vanilla variant. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight stat bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately). The Prime barely feels different than the vanilla weapon thanks to this difference in disposition, and this makes the upgraded version of the weapon boring and lackluster.

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake as the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this.

This guy pretty much said it all. Disposition is bad for both players and the developers. Balance the weapons like most other games instead. People grind hours of kuva for favourite weapons' rivens - imagine how they feel when it gets nerd

26 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Makes a event that is all about fighting sentients. Players use the melee that is designed to fight sentients. There is too much usage of this weapon for some reason. Better nerf the riven hard.

I'm just glad I like roll rivens 7 times and if I don't get anything decent use them as transmute fodder. Coz man I can't even begin to feel how someone would feel if their perfect roll paracesis riven they spent tons of kuva rolls got butchered just coz of a event usage spike.

Exactly.

DE, stop nerfing things.  especially if you go by your strange logic of "based on how many players are using this".

Players get happy when they can play warframe the way they want. More the game is fun, more they play. More they play, more they spend real money on it.

The company gets happy when players play the game and spend money on it. New content = more play = more money.

Everybody gets happy.

Now tell me where nerfing things get fit on this simple receipt. Will only make people don't use some kind of thing inside the game (weapon or mod) = play less = less money.

22 hours ago, CodeUltimate said:

Why tf did they nerf the balla and mire...

Mire is frequently used as a stat stick. Nobody is really using the weapon for it's intended purpose of directly dealing damage, they're just using it to buff ability damage. But DE only sees the number of times it's equipped and used, not how it's used lol

Wow, melee rivens being untouched for, I don't even know how many years, and THIS is what we get?

Galatine Prime, the previous top dog, long ago: Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.55
Gram Prime, the upgraded version in every way!: Gram Prime: 1.44->1.25

Are we as a community being punk'd??? We all knew Gram Prime needed a disposition nerf, and this is how you approach it? Anyone with a minimum understanding of balance in general and how you have approached balance, can see, that Gram is gonna keep getting nerfed. Why not make it as balanced as possible from the beginning, now that you are touching dispositions for the first time in YEARS? We all know what will happen; it's gonna get nerfed over and over, until it reaches 0.X disposition, so why not do that now????

Again, gram is superioer in every way to Galatine, so what should have happend?
Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.9
Gram Prime: 1.44->0.5

Something like this, is probably what needed to happen, if we wanted these 2 weapons to be similar in power. Gram Prime disposition is a leftover from when there was no Gram Prime for crying out loud. Ugh, I can't believe this pulling the band off slowly approach is what you chose to do - what a complete JOKE!

Speaking of leftover disposition - lets look at "buffs":
Atterax: 0.5->0.7
Rakta Dark Dagger: 0.52->0.6
Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.55
Hirudo: 0.5->0.7
Secura Lecta: 0.5->0.65
Venka Prime: 0.5->0.65

These weapons used to be good long long ago, and useful for different things, and they got ridicoulesly low dispositions because of that. But now, in 2020? Why the actual f*ck, would I ever use Rakta Dark Dagger over Gram Prime, or grind for a good riven for it? Rakta got trash stats, trash range, trash stances and 0.6 disposition? People might have used it ever so briefly because of the shield gimmick, but you nerfed that of course, but I'm sure some genius looked at the stats for the last 30 days, and saw it being used, and figured "Oof, this weapon with 12% CC and 1,8X CD? We better be careful - 0.6 disposition is the highest we dare go right now! Whats that, Gram Prime? Oh yeah, that 32% CC and 2,6X CD is CLEARLY not enough. Rivens will help this weapon. 1.25 disposition seems fair!"

WHAT????

????

Oh, great. Perfect priorities. The game is falling apart by the seams, every single recent update made people angry by sneaking in nerfs aimed at meta builds, all new content drops have been bug-infested, half-realized, grindy messes, so what do you do to keep your playerbase? More nerfs!

You know what? Fine. Your game had a good run, and if you want to kill it, it's your choice. Could you at least make it quick though? Watching it bleed like this is just depressing.

tatsu was a bad anyway i only loved it because it looked cool but with one stance mod and a max attack speed of 180 with primed fury and one of the gladiator mods.

It really was just a fashion weapon, the riven i had for that gave it some hope of being useful with status chance and damage and slash but i wanted to strike faster and deal status and have another stance but now it is back where it was, useless.

I now no longer enjoy your game, my paracisis  i was able to use and attack quickly with  as it moaved at 2.05 now much less and had a crit chance of 170 now much less so i see no point in using it for this event or any future events i see no reason taking part in any future things this company brings because it will be lackluster and riddled with problems.

Either leave them alone or take them out of the game. Doing what you (DE) do based on popularity is dumb. Nobody wants to use crap weapons . Period . Nobody wants to use under powered and underwhelming weapons. Period. So either make them all a choice of style preference or quit being butt hurt when nobody wants to use bad weapons. 

They will all see use for mastery xp . But only the good ones will see constant usage. And that's ok ! Why is it not ok with you ? All nerfs ever do is piss people off. Make people wanna quit. Doesn't make much sense if the goal is to keep people playing. Let crappy be crappy and killer be kills.

Or do nothing. Sometimes the best thing to do is to do nothing at all.

4 hours ago, Xenophil said:

Yes, they decided to keep it as is before they solve it so they won't have to deal with the crapstorm coming from kohm fanboys

So they instead decide to "deal with the crapstorm" of almost every player? What an outstanding tradeoff!

2 hours ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

A weapon that is required for a quest to start. Ofc its showing overusage. DE ... wtf

Not to mention giant temporary events that feature mostly enemies that the weapon counters that won't always be relevant nor is relevant on most content, but is extremely overplayed at the moment because it's both new and time limited.... a prime example of why riven disposition being based on popularity is a terrible idea.

These are the things that keep me from login again in the game.

It's like instead of rewarding us because we play your game you keep punishing us. What's the incentive then?

If I play hard to get something why do you keep transforming it into trash?

At the very least keep the stats constant, why the f are we wasting our time farming for S#&$ that will become useless whenever you want to?

Also, what's wrong with base weapons? If the weapon I use have 0.02% usage as an example but his prime version has way more why do I have to pay for that and use a riven with 0.7 dispo? It's utterly stupid.

Have you even done something right for the last few years? Even POE release was BS with that grindfest, same for fortuna and liches.

Archived