Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

DE to players time and investment in the game:

[...]

So why we should care at all at this point?

Scarlet Spear is still riddled with bugs and it's still extremely ripetitive, railjack is still a shadow of what was showcased/promised, kuva liches are still another "island" of boring , repetitive content...

And this farce of "balancing" rivens is a priority how?

Of the latest 4-5 mainstream update the only decent one was the revision one, all the others fell short and are still mediocre after tons of hotfixes.

Rivens need a complete rework, if DE insists to arbitrarily "balance" them, then rolling what we want should be much easier:

- better kuva drops, sources;

- slot machine like riven rolling, with possibility of locking or rolling the single slots -> [buff 01] [buff 02] [buff 03] [penality]

- standard weapons shouldn't be ble of getting better of their own prime with the same setup and riven

- riven disposition below 1 shouldn't exist

It's amazing how DE listens to stupid stuff like "waah the endgame ship is too expensive for my noob ass," and yet just keeps making Riven dispo worse, even though people have been complaining about that basically since it came out. 

The issue is as much who they're listening to as it is whether or not they're listening at all.

45 minutes ago, Vejova said:

It's amazing how DE listens to stupid stuff like "waah the endgame ship is too expensive for my noob ass," and yet just keeps making Riven dispo worse, even though people have been complaining about that basically since it came out. 

The issue is as much who they're listening to as it is whether or not they're listening at all.

At this point I believe it can only be one of two things, either they have what they want to do in mind already, and then look for comments made to justify them, regardless of their popularity. (For example the giant AoE falloff nerf before implementation that only a couple people seemed to worry about and that people are almost universally against.) Or they actually do change their opinion based on feedback, but only by their own gut reactions to posts rather than attempting to aggregate player opinions on the topic.

I wish the community team would liaison between the players and the developers in a more interactive way, like [DE]Steve's informal polling about player's opinion on the 2019 year, and what we liked/disliked, imagine if they did such a thing to collect community opinions on actual game balance and direction, isn't that the sort of thing the "design council" was originally for, but as we've been hearing from all the recent youtuber drama, DE doesn't seem to be listening anymore, at least not in the same way as they did in the past.

Honestly would be fine if they quadrupled the base rate you get kuva and then stopped using the mindset of how they balance things currently.

Riven stats should scale off of primed mods. Kuva gain should be tripled at base for all players at least!!!! Balance changes way less often and almost everything should be buffed, there are few actually dominant weapons (kuva bramma for example). Buff fulmin, plasmor, catchmoon, and most other weapons. I should be able to get 500%+ crit chance on Paris (exaggeration but you get the idea). Negatives should increase positive stats by alot in comparison to no negative. Kuva survival should ramp up significantly over time, at 20 minutes you should be getting 1.5 multiplier or similar. This will actually make you money on the contrary, your game is getting so much bad pr.

Please make it so that dispotition changes affect existing Rivens ONLY after a new roll is made on them. I hate when my builds get ruined because the rivens update automatically and all the stats buffs you needed to make a wepon do anything suddenly drop for no reason.

Just what is the point of spending hundreds of thousands of kuva looking for that one good roll if one of these updates is going to ruin it anyway?

4 hours ago, Sylonus said:

At this point I believe it can only be one of two things, either they have what they want to do in mind already, and then look for comments made to justify them, regardless of their popularity. (For example the giant AoE falloff nerf before implementation that only a couple people seemed to worry about and that people are almost universally against.) Or they actually do change their opinion based on feedback, but only by their own gut reactions to posts rather than attempting to aggregate player opinions on the topic.

I wish the community team would liaison between the players and the developers in a more interactive way, like [DE]Steve's informal polling about player's opinion on the 2019 year, and what we liked/disliked, imagine if they did such a thing to collect community opinions on actual game balance and direction, isn't that the sort of thing the "design council" was originally for, but as we've been hearing from all the recent youtuber drama, DE doesn't seem to be listening anymore, at least not in the same way as they did in the past.

Oh? And did they listen when literally just about everyone was against the Itzal ripline rework?

8 hours ago, Koed said:

Wow, melee rivens being untouched for, I don't even know how many years, and THIS is what we get?

Galatine Prime, the previous top dog, long ago: Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.55
Gram Prime, the upgraded version in every way!: Gram Prime: 1.44->1.25

Are we as a community being punk'd??? We all knew Gram Prime needed a disposition nerf, and this is how you approach it? Anyone with a minimum understanding of balance in general and how you have approached balance, can see, that Gram is gonna keep getting nerfed. Why not make it as balanced as possible from the beginning, now that you are touching dispositions for the first time in YEARS? We all know what will happen; it's gonna get nerfed over and over, until it reaches 0.X disposition, so why not do that now????

Again, gram is superioer in every way to Galatine, so what should have happend?
Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.9
Gram Prime: 1.44->0.5

Something like this, is probably what needed to happen, if we wanted these 2 weapons to be similar in power. Gram Prime disposition is a leftover from when there was no Gram Prime for crying out loud. Ugh, I can't believe this pulling the band off slowly approach is what you chose to do - what a complete JOKE!

Speaking of leftover disposition - lets look at "buffs":
Atterax: 0.5->0.7
Rakta Dark Dagger: 0.52->0.6
Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.55
Hirudo: 0.5->0.7
Secura Lecta: 0.5->0.65
Venka Prime: 0.5->0.65

These weapons used to be good long long ago, and useful for different things, and they got ridicoulesly low dispositions because of that. But now, in 2020? Why the actual f*ck, would I ever use Rakta Dark Dagger over Gram Prime, or grind for a good riven for it? Rakta got trash stats, trash range, trash stances and 0.6 disposition? People might have used it ever so briefly because of the shield gimmick, but you nerfed that of course, but I'm sure some genius looked at the stats for the last 30 days, and saw it being used, and figured "Oof, this weapon with 12% CC and 1,8X CD? We better be careful - 0.6 disposition is the highest we dare go right now! Whats that, Gram Prime? Oh yeah, that 32% CC and 2,6X CD is CLEARLY not enough. Rivens will help this weapon. 1.25 disposition seems fair!"

WHAT????

????

Thank you!!! Finally somebody call them out for it! You're absolutely right, who in their right mind would use the Galatine Prime which has less cc, less sc and a far far lower riven Dispo than the Gram Prime?!!! And despite that only a measly .05 increase on the Galatine's riven dispo? What the hek are you thinking DE?!

On 2020-04-09 at 3:02 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Greetings Tenno!

Hi Connor, this look like an important post but it doesn't appear to be on the list that turn up in the "Latest Staff Replies" section, which is my goto for "has anything important been said" maybe take a look at why it didn't turn up?

You nerfed the Ogris again ? Whats up with you and nerfing the weakest and only rocketlauncher in the game ? First you reduced the range damage by insanly 80%, then you give the riven another kick. You relise that this thing hase no Crits at all ? I thought the Kuva version was suppose to be an upgrade. I know it has a lot of Status chance but thats not usefull at all on a gun with low firerate, extrem low magazin size AND an extrem slow reloadspeed... i mean wtf?! Raw damage is the only advantage this weapon has and you still keep nerfing that too, realy ? Can you at least reverse the nonsense rangefalloff ? god damn.

Paracesis rivens are gonna get nerfed to ground due to its passive ability to usefuly remove sentient resistances. I bet it will be because of this sword's straightforward stats popularity and not built-in design usefulness in an upcoming era of sentient enemies.

It's Big Brain nerf time.

If the point of rivens is to make worse weapons better, why are we nerfing the best and most fun weapons? Been playing since 2015 so I love this game but disposition needs to go away It's such a feels bad moment when you log on to find that your favorite weapon is just worse now. A universal system would be better imo and if we want worse weapons to get some use, just buff them and then they will.

Love you DE, but I'm a sad all melee player now that my dokhram is worse.

13 hours ago, Koed said:

Wow, melee rivens being untouched for, I don't even know how many years, and THIS is what we get?

Galatine Prime, the previous top dog, long ago: Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.55
Gram Prime, the upgraded version in every way!: Gram Prime: 1.44->1.25

Are we as a community being punk'd??? We all knew Gram Prime needed a disposition nerf, and this is how you approach it? Anyone with a minimum understanding of balance in general and how you have approached balance, can see, that Gram is gonna keep getting nerfed. Why not make it as balanced as possible from the beginning, now that you are touching dispositions for the first time in YEARS? We all know what will happen; it's gonna get nerfed over and over, until it reaches 0.X disposition, so why not do that now????

Again, gram is superioer in every way to Galatine, so what should have happend?
Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.9
Gram Prime: 1.44->0.5

Something like this, is probably what needed to happen, if we wanted these 2 weapons to be similar in power. Gram Prime disposition is a leftover from when there was no Gram Prime for crying out loud. Ugh, I can't believe this pulling the band off slowly approach is what you chose to do - what a complete JOKE!

Speaking of leftover disposition - lets look at "buffs":
Atterax: 0.5->0.7
Rakta Dark Dagger: 0.52->0.6
Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.55
Hirudo: 0.5->0.7
Secura Lecta: 0.5->0.65
Venka Prime: 0.5->0.65

These weapons used to be good long long ago, and useful for different things, and they got ridicoulesly low dispositions because of that. But now, in 2020? Why the actual f*ck, would I ever use Rakta Dark Dagger over Gram Prime, or grind for a good riven for it? Rakta got trash stats, trash range, trash stances and 0.6 disposition? People might have used it ever so briefly because of the shield gimmick, but you nerfed that of course, but I'm sure some genius looked at the stats for the last 30 days, and saw it being used, and figured "Oof, this weapon with 12% CC and 1,8X CD? We better be careful - 0.6 disposition is the highest we dare go right now! Whats that, Gram Prime? Oh yeah, that 32% CC and 2,6X CD is CLEARLY not enough. Rivens will help this weapon. 1.25 disposition seems fair!"

WHAT????

????

100% agree. Sad this is just gonna get buried and ignored though, because it really covers what's wrong with what DE is doing.

After this disposition 2 of my finetuned weapons lost a 100% crit chance, 2 are now less than x4 initial combo, some single shot weps were 2.0, 2.1, 3.1 multishot, now they became 1.9, 2.9, etc...
I understand that Rivens are designed to be like that, but I doubt I will ever put any effort in it again, this design is too damn unrewarding and pushing away. I'd never use those if some Corrupted mods were improved/created to get 100% crit 100-200% multishot, etc. Big dislike for the riven disposition changes and rip my invested time on farming plat and kuva to make those rolls.

Guys, i hate all the nerfs but you will surely disagree to avoid them.

So i have another thing to offer for riven changes.

Instead of blocking the trades you could add a popup window that will show pending changes for all rivens in trade ("Warning: those riven mods will be changed in near future. Table with current and pending stats below." Current stats: *list rivens*, Pending stats: *list recalculated rivens*).

This will inform people right in the trade about changes so they can reconsider buying.

Archived