Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

2 hours ago, Zinnfolie said:

There's your answer, 3 days earlier. Please read the text.

You know  what you're exactly right, I should of read the post more concisely rather then skimming over it that said semantics aside its still a lie. I didnt invest the 400plat for a unrolled riven the 20plat on a catalyst the 4 or 5 forma, plat to buy the booster to farm the the 100k endo or whatever rolling the riven on the premise that Kohm rivens werent going to be altered just to have them altered 12months later. For someone like me who has limited time to play plat is quite literally money i spend that i have to go out and earn. Is this a good way to treat your customers?

In fairness if the kids werent playing this game while we we're on lockdown I wouldn't of logged back in to the mess of the game I once enjoyed, or got aggravated by the typical DE BS that stopped me playing 6 months ago. When Orb valis was released their weekly figures were around 115k players logging when  railjack was released it was 59k players creeping up to 70k their doing a good job have no doubt. 

Now I know why that came!

There’s a Corpus bank error in your favor.

Earn double Credits on all platforms until Monday, April 13 at 2 p.m. ET!

That doesn't make us happy either. Make a double nerf credit event.

Look riven, Khora ...

On 2020-04-09 at 11:23 AM, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Giving the weapons actual balance and removing rivens entirely

I thought the rivens were supposed to make weapons like the Lato as good as the strongest secondaries in the game (in their on unique way)

Why would anyone want this? For me i liked the look and feel of the Ether Reaper and LOVEEE the look and feel of the Aklato BUT they were too weak to keep up with the content i like to play in. 

And i find it to be very important that a weapon can keep up because i DO NOT need a weapon to make farming something with a 0.1% drop chance take any longer! The games time consuming enough. So i thought, Yay rivens

Did rivens help with this? Barely. They helped weapons like my Glaxion Vandal feel decent against level 100 enemies tho, but not the aklato lolol

But why make rivens for already good weapons if it was just to make weak weapons better? Idk. 

I also wish theyd take more time out to balance rivens and new weapons out. Them not doing it is causing a lot of unnecessary problems that could have been easily avoided in the first place. Theres a lot of damage modifiers in warframe that bring a challenge to riven balancing, but its not so bad to where it takes longer than an hour to come up with the perfect riven stats for a weapon that will never need to buffed or nerfed again... (ATLEAST they wont need it at this frequency!!)

And popularity should not be the reason you nerf something.

* Sometimes a wide majority of people like the same thing, like the color black. Its a good thing for a game to let a color this POPULAR be allowed in the game than the latter. You should NOT turn black into light grey in an effort to FORCE VARIETY *...

18 hours ago, (PS4)Reinbach_3rd said:

No, it won't allow both sides to win. Riven snake oil salesmen would win because the meta weapon rivens they are holding would get buffed and everyone who realises that rivens were a mistake would lose because the market for them would get bigger.

I did mention that Devs would have to re-evaluate their weapons before such riven changes happen. Which means, the weapons need to be inline with their categories and respective purposes. If you understand this stand point then the concept of rivens will no longer feel overwhelming or overpowered. It will be a balance of the necessary evils which DE has cultivated by their own hands.

11 hours ago, .Unforgotten. said:

I did mention that Devs would have to re-evaluate their weapons before such riven changes happen. Which means, the weapons need to be inline with their categories and respective purposes. If you understand this stand point then the concept of rivens will no longer feel overwhelming or overpowered. It will be a balance of the necessary evils which DE has cultivated by their own hands.

They will never balanace all the weapons in this game, so people will end up chasing rivens for whatever weapons are overpowered.

@[DE]Connor

Not sure if you're just a messenger on this or if you have any control over the riven system, but what has been done may have been one of the worst things done to rivens and is an extremely unhealthy move to the community and the game itself.

I get that rivens are a means for Digital Extremes to generate platinum sales. There's no reason that such a system would have so many layers of RNG if not to drive up the price between players just so there will be those that pay actual money to afford a riven. This part has been obvious since Day 1 and, in a way, it is a necessary evil for a free-to-play game.

But the current disposition changes remove context from a lot of riven usage.

Take for example the Paracesis, which, side note, is a weapon that I don't care to use, but it works for this case. You state that "numbers are determined using a combination of player usage statistics and an internal power ranking that we maintain" and yet the only reason it's seeing such a usage increase is due to a limited-time event. This only adds fuel to the "DE employees don't play their own game" fire.

Then you now have multiple variants of weapons having a worse disposition than their counterparts. Of course people would rather use a prime over its base version, the prime is supposed to be objectively better, but now DE is making it less so, so why even bother going after a prime weapon?

More on the variant-differences now, and this part is by far the most damaging... due to these changes, DE has effectively allowed scammers free reign in the Trading system. People would spout out "scammer" just because they didn't like a price on something, but having variants use different dispositions actually enables scamming to take place. If a person buys a riven that has 400% on Damage for a weapon, they have no idea that the actual percentage may be sub-200% on the version of the weapon they plan on using it on all because this is not displayed on the Riven page.

Now don't take this as a "Oh, all we need to do is just add that on the page and call it a day!" as that would be just wrong, and then just carries on a far-too-repeated term these days of being a "monkey's paw". The best outcome would to just have all variants of a weapon use the same riven disposition AND display the full (with decimal) riven disposition on a weapon regardless if a player owns a riven for that weapon.

Now with all of that said, do I expect anything positive to happen? Not really. I know I might as well just be talking to a wall.

Based on your post-history, you also don't tend to do any replies to those in the community and you aren't even listed as "Staff" for the "Latest Staff Replies" page here on the forums. So like I said, I don't really expect much, doesn't even matter the state of the world, even if everything was "normal", my expectations would still be nonexistent.

On 2020-04-09 at 7:23 PM, IllogicalLogic420 said:

I love this game, and recommend it to people all the time. However, I'm pretty saddened by some things.

Yeah ok, im sorry if this sounds rude but it needs to be said.

Rivens screw everything up. I'm sorry, but they do.

So now, for example, plague kripath.

Awesome, you basically killed general usage of the weapon, and now we have to rely on exodia contagion or another weapon.

Another example, orthos and orthos prime. So that disposition change seems like it's gonna end up being the same weapon, or orthos will end up being better than the prime. Um, what?

You know what's a good idea? Giving the weapons actual balance and removing rivens entirely because this is just insanity anymore.

You also screw over a lot of people who trade rivens and make them either lose plat, or get rich from a silly disposition buff. It's very asymmetric. This is not how you balance a video game.

This is honestly quite appalling and I can't believe this is still going on.

Or, if you wanna keep rivens ingame, then stop messing with them. If a weapon is popular, who cares? Honestly, people still use the other weapons ingame, myself being one of them, because I enjoy using most of the weapons.

But the issue why people resort to "meta weapons/builds" is because, that's what we need to do in order to complete high level endgame content.

The game is so sverely unbalanced that this is the result.

Please DE, listen to the community and please go back to your roots of understanding.

Thank you for the amazing game though, it

That is only for u people others are ok with changes

On 2020-04-09 at 8:52 PM, RoachyToasty said:

You do realize that even before any status changes that no sc and -slash was best on Kohm Rivens, right? Not only that, but sc isn't relevant now. Best roll is dmg ms fr -slash even moreso now. Yeah these changes imo are incredibly stupid, but Kohm nerf makes complete sense.

-slash in 2020 pepega

On 2020-04-11 at 1:24 PM, -Temp0- said:

You know its funny but a very simple solution to this problem would have been a limit of say 500-1000p per item of trade.

Imagine if that was the highest you could pay or get for a riven (in that case). No one would be trying to seell GoD rOll Bramma for 15k, you'd either get your 500-1000p and piss off or only use it yourself if you think 500-1000 is too little.

The only thing this would do is force people to trade in items and not plat. You don't solve a problem with this, you're only pushing it down the road.

17 hours ago, MikeVodka said:

The only thing this would do is force people to trade in items and not plat. You don't solve a problem with this, you're only pushing it down the road.

Yeah, but the amount of people who would willingly go through all the hustle to grab the exact items of choice for the seller would be (hopefully) so low that you could just say "#*!% 'em"

Also: plat and items become mutually exclusive on a single-trade-wide scale (you put plat in one of the slots - you can't put items into the others, vice versa). Community feels limited on the number of trades per day? Double it. Hell, I have no idea why there has to be a limit on that in the first place.

BUT (!) I still do admit that your "you don't solve a problem with this" statement is absolutely correct.

Anyway, the real solution could've been manual stat distribution for Riven mods. Within certain bounds (Riven Disposition, wow, we even have that already).

You have X points in the Riven. +1% CC = X*a, +1% CD = X*b, +1% Damage = X*c, etc. I hope I don't need to explain how you can use a negative stat in that scenario.

Feel like the amount of points is too little? Pump some Kuva into it, forget the endo for Rivens. That gives us THE GRIND you folks at DE love so much. And don't get me wrong - I like grind, and I like RNG, but I don't like them mixed. Just like I don't try to mix whiskey and goat milk and then persuade somebody into drinking the bloody thing.

Also also, the only category of people who would be upset by Rivens with manual distribution (correct me here if I'm wrong) would be the hardcore riven traders. And I can sincerely and wholeheartedly wish them to blow a donkey in that case.

13 hours ago, AcidHorse said:

More like that this is a nonsense solution. Who cares what people are demanding for plat? If they charge it, nobody forces you to buy it off them. But as long as people pay as much, sellers will use this opportunity to make cash. As evil as i sound but i'm seeing it objectively, the sellers are just clever. As long as people are willing to pay overly expensive rivens, seller will sell for overly expensive prices. But as long as DE uses rivens as their new "money maker", why would they ever want to limit players to pay a certain amount of plat?

I'd also like for rivens to make sense and be useful on every weapon and not get butchered every 3 months. But blaming riven dealers for it is the wrong way to go. They're just using what they're being given.

@IceColdHawk I guess I'm just blindly barking at anybody who is "pro-more-than-1kP-per-any-item".

This is a bit sad behavior, but right now the state of Warframe (subjective) is: "It's more fun to post on forums than to actually play the game". 

Overall - DE could easily come up with a solution to the artificial Riven problem, but they just don't want to. The whole "constant rebalancing" thing is just laughable. Rubico nerfed? Ok, now i need to shoot the Eidolon 3 times + fart in its general direction instead of just shooting it 3 times.

And I completely agree on that whole "don't blame the seller - blame the buyer". I would LOVE to NOT agree on that matter, but I just can't.

15 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I'd also like for rivens to make sense and be useful on every weapon

Like I said above - manual stat assignment.

On 2020-04-11 at 7:21 PM, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

Exactly.  DE can't nerf my gun with a disposition change when I don't own a riven or the stats aren't good enough to care.  Changes go both ways bud.  Rivens go up and weapons can go down.

EDIT -- I think I want to clarify one point in this.  I think you and the OP are getting way too focused on the corner case anomaly that is the aksomati and are trying to use that one exception to justify a hugely impactful change to the game.  Do you REALLY want DE messing with weapon base stats every 90 days just because the aksomati exists?  I sure don't.

If instead this was a thread entitled "buff the aksomati prime" you'd have my full support.

Well my point is that they're attempting to use Rivens to balance weapons.

And it completely ignores the people who either don't have or don't care to have Rivens.

It also completely ignores the weapons that are trash even with Rivens, because they can't fix a trash tier gun. Because (obviously) mods will build off what guns already have with percentage gains, as opposed to flat gains. Which means guns that are godly will become even more godly, while guns that are trash might just become mediocre - but are still not really worth using.

Otherwise, yes, they absolutely should buff the Aksomati Prime. I don't consider that to be a specific edge case, more a demonstration of how bad Riven disposition is as a balancing tool.

On 2020-04-15 at 7:16 PM, MikeVodka said:

It solves everything.

Because the total amount of rivens would remain the same. There isnt currently anything of the same worth as rivens.

Although I'd personally just remove them altogether, but of course de being de aka greedy for your bucks wont ever do that, thast their cow to milk and everyone who buys rivens are idiots anyway.

As evil as i sound but i'm seeing it objectively, the sellers are just clever.

Nothing "clever" about it.

Even a 8 years old can follow that simple logic of those people.

18 часов назад, AcidHorse сказал:

As much as I love to hate mainstream riven trading, I still beg to differ on this one. If it's under 100 plat and fits the weapon of my choice - I'd buy that.

That doesnt contradict my statement when I said that rivens should be capped at 500p.

Archived