April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

With the melee riven disposition changes not accounting for the paracesis's reason for being used, can we now have a reasonable way of getting multiple Umbra forma's so we can make other melee weapons viable against high level sentients.

• Like 20

See this forum thread DE? The community is speaking to you.

But will you listen?

Virtually nobody is happy with these changes, except for a few people. Doesn't that say anything to you? Doesn't the valid analysis and input we give you, say anything to you? I guess not. Not anymore. You used to listen to the community. What happened?

I love the game but you really keep making it harder to defend it and convince people that they should play AND stay.

• Like 48

OMG i love these changes!!!!!!! Cant wait to use galatine prime now that u buffed it at 0.55 POG. I especially like the fact u r going to disable riven trading till these changes r live!!!!!!! I also hate ppl trying to exploit rivn knowledge to get plat.... how is that even a thing???? evil ppl rlly. Cant wait to see next wave of balance changes to see galatine prime at 0.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also love the fact u r conservative on riven dispo changes. Steve believes that the fact revenue went down last year is that DE was too experimental, and I think he is right!!!!!!!!! Pog. Also i like the fact you forgot to add some melees starting with G and after....... Seeing galatine in there after refreshing page 12 times made me scream in happyness????

Edited by SadOverlord
Pog.
  • Like 15

scoliac is still missing . 

3 minutes ago, THeMooN85 said:

leave me alone crying GIF

Leave my Gram Prime ALONE!

cG3nZzr.png

believe me , it will go down to 0.5 , one day

Edited by ToKeSia
  • Like 17

This is why I don't touch these cursed evil purple mods.  Time waste/plat waste for the smallest of overall gains.  But I am glad at least someone is paying DE's bills, so keep at it riven traders!

• Like 7

Here it is, the reason why I quit using rivens. Unnecessary nerfs. Feel bad for the people that waste weeks of farming kuva only to play the horrible mechanic of a slot machine just to have something nerfed and ruined every 3 months. Just remove the useless mods if you don't like them.

The game is much more enjoyable since I quit using rivens. Not like you give us content that needs them anyways.

Edited by --Brandt--
  • Like 19
2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Therefore, to prevent savvy Riven traders on PC exploiting market knowledge, we are preventing the trading of Rivens on PC until we can hotfix in the disposition changes.

Attempting a Riven trade will produce the following error - know that you still have the mod, the transaction will simply not go through.

Reveal hidden contents

rivenerror.png

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but hope that you understand why this preventative measure is necessary, to protect those who might be caught unaware!

YEAH PERFECT! while just bought a 2k plat+ riven a while ago maybe around this thread was posted and a moment before the prevention system are up! then im the one who got exploited

you sudve warned a day ago...

Edited by Clarzk
  • Like 7

Was expecting Gram Prime to be hit harder, not gonna lie.

53 minutes ago, mikakor said:

wait, so you are preventing the system to actually fulfill what it was created for? aka giving less used weapons stronger dispo?

outstanding move.

could you not try to shape the meta the way you want it? if the base weapons should have a 5/5 disposition, let them have it. it's the WHOLE point of the system, and you actually skewer it because of your bias against having base weapons getting strong dispo. this is completely backward. it's truly a shame that you flat out admit to artificially limit the riven dispo of certain weapons because you don't WANT them to be stronger, even if by the very definition of the system you created, they should be.

The whole point is to not dismiss the variants, including the direct upgrades like Primes. If they kept certain weapons boosted, that'd make said upgrades irrelevant.

That something behaves equally for everything doesn't make it fair. It isn't fair to compare the Afuris or the Acrid to the Strun, Akjagara or Gram, which have variants/upgrades. It's something relatively easy to understand, and it's not trying to shape up metas as much as not making certain weapons completely irrelevant for their basic equivalents, which would defeat any logic behind the game design at all.

EDIT: I also agree with the Paracesis comments, the event makes people use the weapon more due its properties. I'd dare say you should have take that into account for it as well.

Edited by NightmareT12
48 minutes ago, An8rchy said:

Very dissapointed on the Paracesis nerf.

Obiously the data will show its over used... A nerf that big was really uncalled for

Yea I assume it the over usage of this weapon was based on the statistics due to the event scarlet spear taking place . But yea other than that , I only use Paracesis for sentients and not for out of sentient area. ( Even on Lua I barely use Paracesis if a sentient spawns in) Definitely agree it should stay 1 or be untouched until further data . 

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, Clarzk said:

YEAH PERFECT! while just bought a 2k plat+ riven a while ago maybe around this thread was posted and a moment before the prevention system are up! then im the one who got exploited

you sudve warned a day ago...

if u read news / facebook / forum , there is news about riven disposition changes since last month.

• Like 2

With this nerf to plague kripath, I’m gonna have to improvise on getting it’s crit chance back up so that i can continue getting red crits from exodia contagion. These chances bashed my investments.. i will never heavily investigate ever again.. oh fulmin... 

oh kuva tonkor...

Oh OH OH!!!

you need a new way of handling this warframe. It really pisses one off. Please I don’t have a solution but please try something else this won’t work with me

• Like 4
il y a une heure, Voltage a dit :

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards rolling Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a player time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the possible removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days or so? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also increasingly horrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati and its Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade in the base stats. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime:

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. This is before the Prime is losing another .05 on the disposition. This means my Prime weapon will not even hit 100% Critical Chance anymore. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight status bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately). The Prime barely feels different than the vanilla weapon thanks to this difference in disposition, and this makes the upgraded version of the weapon boring and lackluster.

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake on the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this from a healthy balance perspective.

Can't agree more. +1
Happy i am, just wasted 1k on a redeemer riven with +30initial combo 1 week ago that is going to worth much less now, good bye x4 initial combo

And THIS ! "Therefore, to prevent savvy Riven traders on PC exploiting market knowledge, we are preventing the trading of Rivens on PC until we can hotfix in the disposition changes."

Exploiting market knowledge.. yeah, sorry if we spent times and effort to get more knowledge then other lazy players, but yeah, punish us for our investment and knowledge, one more good thing DE..

The more update i see, the more i want to uninstall this game after 6k hours..

EDIT : YES , they warned us about disposition change that will come at a later date, but they never exactly said when, and they don't even give you a warning about this update incoming now, it just came like this out of nowhere.. !! S.M.A.R.T

Edited by 1st-1
  • Like 27

What i find odd is that tanks to certain changes and new weapons comming up, the usage went down on certain weapons, like the catchmoon, synoid simulor and a few others, yet, there is no change to the actual disposition.

I tought the purpose of the riven system was to bring underused weapons up to par with other weapons, especially the weapons you guys just released and are obviously going to be the most used weapons.

I don't mind the changes, i just find certain things funny, the entire concept, the concerns about some kind of "meta", how you pick the weapons that need changes, etc....

Also a question? When will we see the introduction of warframe rivens, so that you can control the usage % on warframes without having to do reworks that may take many weeks to acomplish, it should provide a faster way to balance things out so that all warframes are used equally, it is the next step of power creep, you want it, we want it, make it happen.

Edited by KIREEK
  • Like 8