Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

2 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

I tought the purpose of the riven system was to bring underused weapons up to par with other weapons, especially the weapons you guys just released and are obviously going to be the most used weapons.

That's a major reason why it's bad. It essentially nullifies any point of working/farming to obtain better weapons. What the hell is the point if every weapon is gonna end up having the same strength as one another? That's the direction this is headed in. Might as well forget farming and go back to using MK-1 weapons (mild exaggeration, but I see us going there because of rivens) because they'll be just as strong as meta weapons. Forget spending hours or days trying to get that top tier weapon, there won't be any point.

I can see a lot of replies already have the right idea: introducing riven mods is a mistake. 

"Rebalancing" (haha balance) them not only takes away time that can be spend somewhere else, like play testing a huge lore event before launch, it invalidates the player's investment. If a player got a riven for a weapon they like and it is good to begin with, that is his luck. Let him roll that riven and make his weapon better. Spending tens of thousands of kuva to get the stat you want (making status hit 100% on shotguns previously, get to 100%cc for consistency, etc.) only to have the stat reduced, while not purely bait and switch, is unethical. 

Not that any of these replies will make a difference, so the only solution is to stop spending plat on these things. Tenno, stop falling for this. Stop buying riven slots, which is so over-priced. Stop buying rivens. That way things might actually change, or at least it wouldn't matter anymore

Imagine creating a gambling system to fix bad weapons, then seeing how they impact literally every weapon in the game. And instead of going the route of making them more accessible you keep them as a complete slot machine so when people spend thousands of plat/kuva you nerf it since "oops sorry, you like this weapon like others do. sorry kid"

Can you just remove rivens already? Their original purpose has failed. That or make them more accessible so they can actually be used to make not so great weapons better instead of the complete slot machine they are already. Oh wait, plat sales due to rivens. Right, sorry. My bad. I miss the old DE...

Some of the nerfs seem a little heavy-handed, but at least there are some decent buffs too (happy for the glaive buff 😄 ).

The Baza Prime nerf is really silly though, pretty much for the same reason Voltage mentioned about their Aksomati prime. Baza prime has basically the exact same stats as normal Baza, so separating its disposition even more from normal baza will only make it the worse option between the two.

I'm kinda expecting the paracesis nerf to get reverted once the next round of riven changes come though, since then the event will be over by then.

2 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Rivens screw everything up. I'm sorry, but they do.

So now, for example, plague kripath.

Awesome, you basically killed general usage of the weapon, and now we have to rely on exodia contagion or another weapon.

Another example, orthos and orthos prime. So that disposition change seems like it's gonna end up being the same weapon, or orthos will end up being better than the prime. Um, what?

You know what's a good idea? Giving the weapons actual balance and removing rivens entirely because this is just insanity anymore.

You also screw over a lot of people who trade rivens and make them either lose plat, or get rich from a silly disposition buff. It's very asymmetric. This is not how you balance a video game.

This is honestly quite appalling and I can't believe this is still going on.

Or, if you wanna keep rivens ingame, then stop messing with them. If a weapon is popular, who cares? Honestly, people still use the other weapons ingame, myself being one of them, because I enjoy using most of the weapons.

But the issue why people resort to "meta weapons/builds" is because, that's what we need to do in order to complete high level endgame content.

The game is so sverely unbalanced that this is the result.

Please DE, listen to the community and please go back to your roots of understanding.

To be honest I'm getting so tired of these riven nerfs I spend like 2.2k for the kohm riven I had and the bramma riven combined now they got nerfed. Yeah they're strong, but that's what makes the game fun for me is good weapons that are satisfying to use. These nerfs kills it for me. I'm not gonna lie I'm very upset and I have all right to be. These riven nerfs are just getting so old. What's even the point of grinding out the good rivens if they're just gonna get nerfed later. It kills a good part of warframe for me and many others as well. DE needs to change their mindset on how rivens are handled. Nerfing stuff to oblivion is just gonna get people Including me more angry with this game.

Need I not mention the fact that some of us are paying Plat and our hard earned money for these rivens.. Seriously with the fact in mind this makes riven nerfs all the more upsetting seeing your investment get destroyed. 2.2k plat Is like almost the price of a game if not more. I'll be honest I'm not messing with rivens at this point if this is what's gonna be like. We're sick and tired of this crap.

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

As a general rule, weapon dispositions within a certain family are still adjusted partially in relation to one another. Otherwise, most base weapons would skyrocket to 1.5, and we’d have a very strange meta on our hands!

That seems counter productive to the point of separating dispositions among variants.

Why is important news like this is not pinned in the game's news console? I mean riven not being tradable will shake the whole trade chat (since its what fill trade chat mostly).

Trying to tip-toe?

Took them a while but it finally in the news console in game xdd

4 minutes ago, (PS4)JustitiaCaelum said:

Not that any of these replies will make a difference, so the only solution is to stop spending plat on these things. Tenno, stop falling for this. Stop buying riven slots, which is so over-priced. Stop buying rivens. That way things might actually change, or at least it wouldn't matter anymore

Honestly, I'm ALL for boycotting rivens and riven slots. We all should do it. Maybe then they will listen.

Sorry DE,  you clearly dont know how to balance the game

Heavy blades at this moment are just average: Galatine prime, and paracesis low dispo LUL

Drakgoon nerf? Tipedo prime nerf? what ? dead weapons, in the last month i didnt see a single tipedo/drakgoon in my teammates

You are just nerfing riven weapons just because are popular? people in this game use weapons because looks good and have good visuals

Shedu nerf best example.

3 minutes ago, xRufus7x said:

That seems counter productive to the point of separating dispositions among variants.

Schrodinger DEvelopment. They create strong stuff but also dont want it to be strong.

Pretty sure rivens exist to make less used weapon to be strong, aint this just the exact point of making base weapons dispo grow stronger since the base weapons often not used cuz the base stat alone sucks.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Can we please see the possible removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days or so? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

No, this is a terrible idea.

Instead of the complaining of the minority of people who use rivens for a particular weapon, you would anger every person who uses the weapon if it were to receive a nerf. With the riven system DE can delink buffs and nerfs from weapons, allowing players to literally opt out of balance changes if they so desire. 90% of all these changes do not impact me in any way, negatively or positively, because I do not use rivens for the majority of my weapons. 

Weapon balance passes should only be used for extreme outliers (EX: Catchmoon nerf), and the disposition system can handle the rest. With your given example of the AKsomati surpassing its prime variant, if DE wanted to nerf the stats of the prime variant then you would have the same result of it being a substandard upgrade, but instead all the users of the AKsomati, who don't even have rivens, would be feeling the nerf, rather than just riven users.

I'll be honest. The thing that's killing the game is riven dispo changes. Riven mods are a neat idea, riven mods as a way to incentivize unpopular weapon usage and discourage popular weapon usage is just plain stupid. I'm sorry. Pissing off players every 3 months is not a good way to build your player base. Reason for Warframe's dwindling player numbers? This.

Set all rivens at dispo 3 (1.00) and the problem will be fixed.

Players use rivens as a way to mod their weapons. That's the point of them from the players perspective.

WE WANT RIVENS TO BE INVARIANT, CONSTANT STAT WISE.

12 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

We could just remove rivens and focus on actual weapon balance instead. You should keep rivens being untradable.

No, make Rivens tradable once. This allows people to buy them for their favorite weapons and roll them. Or it allows players to roll them and sell them to the end user. What it would prevent is players buying them for the sole purpose of reselling them.

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Attempting a Riven trade will produce the following error - know that you still have the mod, the transaction will simply not go through.

Reveal hidden contents

rivenerror.png

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but hope that you understand why this preventative measure is necessary, to protect those who might be caught unaware!

Wow! That's very considerate of DE. Good job!

Archived