Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

April 2020 Riven Disposition Updates & PC Trading PSA

[DE]Connor

Just now, CodeUltimate said:

Because they do not play their own game that's why. xd

And dispo changes are totally based on their player usage graph, which obviously excludes them. And not actually counting on riven usage which is kinda dumb.

Unavoidably affecting any weapon that is already meta without riven, like redeemer prime eidolon/condrix meta, or any snipers used for eidolon.

There really is no upside to these 'corrections'; at least that I can see. As has been said many times already we just get to watch as the investment (in time and/or money) is slowly drained away as rivens turn to garbage over time. Some weapons start to look interesting after a few rounds of these dispo updates, but guess what? You probably already dissolved those as they were totally useless in the past and you had to keep under your riven storage limit. I don't sell rivens. And have bought two. Trading isn't an interesting game mode for me. I have 120 rivens currently and have almost certainly dissolved a similar number. I am not going to use Gram Prime, Redeemer and Hate less--they'll just be less good. And it'll feel bad (man). Not feeling the love DE. I bought prime access to send of bit of money your way btw -- I could have farmed it in an evening -- but I want Warframe to succeed. I'm not going to quit or anything, but I do have to wonder what players are getting out of these balancing activities? Rivens are one of the most persistent and interesting parts of the game -- when all else fails you can run the sortie or collect shards -- get a chance at getting a fun riven -- but putting 20K kuva (or more) into a riven these days is an act of self flagellation. [I have a 115K kuva Kohn riven -- anyone want to buy it? It can be dissolved for 30K Endo. --- joking btw, I am not selling it] Stay safe everyone!

Imagine this:
1. You work harder than your peers 3x and saved a sum of money
2. You got lucky and won a lottery for a sum of money

Your government comes along and claim a portion of it, because you can't be too rich vs your average next door neighbor

Apply to kuva farming and being lucky on a riven drop on your favorite (new & popular) weapon....

Anybody who feels affected by these riven changes, should all go take a long break till something is being done (not that there is anything interesting now anyways).
Continuing to play only equates to players are fine with it whatever was implemented by DE, showing them the statistics (Developers' favorite justification for all changes) of active player declination is much better than just being upset and hanging around here in the forum.

I feel a nerf is only necessary if the weapon breaks the game, make ur unpopular weapons better and not at the expense people who invested time and effort into the a game mechanic you created.

GLHF all

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

Riven mods are the embodiment of a time investment. Whether you work a full/part time job to buy Platinum, spend time trading for Platinum, or farm Kuva, you invest time into your Riven Mods in some fashion. We get it, Rivens are a balance fiasco. Most players gravitate towards rolling Riven Mods for weapons that are either new, good, or both. However, disposition as a mechanic fails to improve the health of Rivens, and it is just a crap-shoot from a balance perspective as well as a player time investment perspective. People will always use Rivens for inherently good weapons, and weapons such as Rubico Prime prove this. This mechanic has consistently failed since its inception years ago, and there will never be any long term benefit to these 90 day changes.

Can we please see the possible removal of disposition and see a weapons balance pass every 90 days or so? Shifting changes to actual weapon stats instead of the mods we invest in would not only benefit players, but create a healthier gear system. Investing in more gear in the game would be more appealing as the actual weapon would become more appealing and interesting to try, not just a single mod that might be nerfed again later.

The separation of disposition between weapon variants is also increasingly horrible as your Riven Mod improves. The perfect example right from this thread is Aksomati and its Prime. The Prime variant of this weapon just received another slight nerf to the disposition compared to the vanilla weapon, yet the Prime itself is hardly an upgrade in the base stats. This closes the gap in performance to an amount that makes it undesirable to even bother with a Prime variant of your favorite weapon. Why do I use Aksomati as an example? Here is why:

Aksomati:

unknown.png

Aksomati Prime:

unknown.png

Same Riven, same build. However, look how similar these weapons are in stats. This is before the Prime is losing another .05 on the disposition. This means my Prime weapon will not even hit 100% Critical Chance anymore. It just feels bad to invest into Rivens when this happens and discourages players with good Rivens to touch variant upgrades with slight status bonuses (which have been many recent variants lately). The Prime barely feels different than the vanilla weapon thanks to this difference in disposition, and this makes the upgraded version of the weapon boring and lackluster.

Hopefully you understand (from an invested Riven user) why disposition is inherently flawed and would be better suited for removal with real weapon balance passes taking place. Please start respecting the investments of players more when it comes to their gear. Riven Mods outright take the cake as the largest investment into an optimal weapon setup, and disposition only hurts this.

So if i understand your suggestion correctly, you want to replace these riven disposition posts with balances pass posts where the folks who are crying right now can keep crying because their favorite weapon got nerfed because of over-usage?

I don't understand how exchanging one type of balance pass for a different type of balance pass is changing anything? And changing bases stats would be worse, because it will affect both riven and non riven users themselves - and that's another can of worms.

Honestly I don't see how your suggestion has any inkling of forethought behind it - because consider this problem, how would you buff knell to be the most used weapon in this game? I cant answer that because I don't know, knell already does more dps than 95% of weapons in game, both sustained and burst yet is largely sidelined by the community. Think on that, not every weapon can be made viable with buffs, we need nerfs too to make thing considered to be viable.

And if base variants of weapons can carve out a niche for themselves - great, as mikakor pointed out, organic evolution of meta should be encouraged - let DE worry about their finances and monetisation, and let us worry about what's the optimal weapon builds and how to get to them.

To DE, I support periodic riven reviews wholeheartedly, but it shouldn't be used as a band-aid for proper balance passes, some weapons needs nerfs, like the old catchmoon don't dillydally and make the situation worse by creating a bigger backlash, and some needs buffs, like the akarius in its current format, or flux rifle (well that one could use a new variant).

Also can we get more voice lines from lotus and the rest of the characters narrating missions? listening to the same lines gets rather boring after 100s of hours, especially the excavation missions, I am now almost fully conditioned to automatically reply "we are here in search of lost artifacts" when someone asks me "why I am here?"

Thank you for your hard work. I love kuva floods//kuva survival more than anything else in your game 😄 i Really wish i could get my dera to have - puncture// the ability to tailor my rivens to my weapons even if for millions of kuva (i have millions of kuva sitting there because i Hate the feeling of Gambling//rolling). 

Changes in disposition that are guided by stated principle should not upset anyone... not Really

Stay healthy surahs! 😄

3 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

As a general rule, weapon dispositions within a certain family are still adjusted partially in relation to one another. Otherwise, most base weapons would skyrocket to 1.5, and we’d have a very strange meta on our hands!

This is it guys, DE forgot their actual goal of developing rivens, to make least used weapon more usable. They dont hate players having narrow choices, they hate meta even if it would make people have broad choices.

Thanks for the riven disposition change's DE.
Maybe DE need to listen to the community a bit.

and i have no idea to people who MAD at riven dispo chage becoz they invest their money in to the riven and complaining.

My main weapons I use now don't even have riven's and they do just fine. Sure they aren't min/maxed on stats, but so what, everything DE continues to add to this game makes every new mode they bring out just that much more trivial to play. It may be a mindless grind, but it's not really challenging especially with OP weapons with rivens. I don't  see why people continue to complain when they know that there will be a disposition change as long as DE continues down this own path of riven destruction. 

Riven's are a gamble in all areas, not just in Kuva RNG rolls but also DE's rolls on disposition changes. I don't even waste time farming for Kuva anymore. Farm for Kuva to RNG roll stats on a weapon, to finally land on a good roll and then DE's waves their golden Riven disposition wand (bought with your dollars) at their disposal to wipe away a portion of the efforts. There's a lot of things I agree with and there's a lot of poorly thought out decisions, that DE makes that I do not. Bringing out rivens in the first place was one of them. It may bring more good cash flow to their game (which ofc benefits them always, but the player who potentially spends real cash to get plat to buy rivens can only lose on this investment), but what does it do to the image you show of your own players and the respect your team has for them, when people potentially spend thousands of plat for a riven just to have a portion of that investment wiped away, maybe to be restored later on, maybe not. Who knows.

I understand you don't want just utterly OP weapons, but you should have seen that from the beginning before you introduced rivens. Stepping on your own foot here DE.    

1 minute ago, dzevadbih said:

hi all any know when update disposition changes come on pc tody or when any know time update 

DE has been doing hotfixes between Murex waves. The current wave ends in 1h 23m from the time of this post. It lines up with the ~3pm timeline DE usually likes to put out most hotfixes on non-big update days.

So...  Soon™.

11 minutes ago, Heatsaber said:

So if i understand your suggestion correctly, you want to replace these riven disposition posts with balances pass posts where the folks who are crying right now can keep crying because their favorite weapon got nerfed because of over-usage?

I don't understand how exchanging one type of balance pass for a different type of balance pass is changing anything? And changing bases stats would be worse, because it will affect both riven and non riven users themselves - and that's another can of worms.

Honestly I don't see how your suggestion has any inkling of forethought behind it - because consider this problem, how would you buff knell to be the most used weapon in this game? I cant answer that because I don't know, knell already does more dps than 95% of weapons in game, both sustained and burst yet is largely sidelined by the community. Think on that, not every weapon can be made viable with buffs, we need nerfs too to make thing considered to be viable.

And if base variants of weapons can carve out a niche for themselves - great, as mikakor pointed out, organic evolution of meta should be encouraged - let DE worry about their finances and monetisation, and let us worry about what's the optimal weapon builds and how to get to them.

To DE, I support periodic riven reviews wholeheartedly, but it shouldn't be used as a band-aid for proper balance passes, some weapons needs nerfs, like the old catchmoon don't dillydally and make the situation worse by creating a bigger backlash, and some needs buffs, like the akarius in its current format, or flux rifle (well that one could use a new variant).

Also can we get more voice lines from lotus and the rest of the characters narrating missions? listening to the same lines gets rather boring after 100s of hours, especially the excavation missions, I am now almost fully conditioned to automatically reply "we are here in search of lost artifacts" when someone asks me "why I am here?"

It doesn't. It's just an euphemism for "buffs only, nerfs never" because the implication is that somehow, popular weapons getting nerfed at the core just like Rivens for those same popular weapons are nerfed is not part of the equation or thought process.

9 minutes ago, KeisazrG said:

and i have no idea to people who MAD at riven dispo chage becoz they invest their money in to the riven and complaining.

Which part of the community though? I want them to continue with Riven revisions. There are many other like me that are perfectly fine with the idea of getting their favorite weapons nerfed to 0.5 disposition as well because we don't build around Rivens, and only roll Rivens while being at peace with the fact they could be nerfed later.

So should they only listen to a selective part of the community? Or are people like me not part of the community at all? This is not an issue in which the "community" is united.

Rivens are examples of lazy game design, a way to bypass real balancing of weapons. It's like 5 people that have a perfect riven can use this otherwise useless and trash weapon. Balance the base weapon itself instead of trying to put a bandaid on a bone fracture in the name of rivens. I myself don't use rivens but I've seen people spending thousands of plat for their desired rivens and this frequent disposition changes are a insult to them and their investment. 

I've grinded morning till sleep for like half a year when I first started, until I got kicked from clan cuz I was talking about MGTOW, then tried to warn others in region chat about getting kicked from that specific clan for talking about MGTOW, then got banned.. never knew for how long, after few years.. didn't expect to come back.. friend got me to come back.. nothings changed, still buggy mess of a game and everything still changing left and right, how can anyone look up a guide without needing to specify most recent results? the grind for reward feels weak, coming from a max OSRS player, took 5 years morning till sleep to max, also had to restart from scratch since OSRS was reintroduced. meh I think I'm done with Warframe, pretty game, doesn't seem to have a real endgame, seem more like a money grab than anything else at this point, nothing is constant, no goal, just fluid shifts for pocket money, no offence, do what ya want, just speaking my mind.. hope I don't get banned again for petty S#&$.. I don't feel safe grinding my limited life away when I could possibly be banned for basically nothing again..

I see no motivation to test, select and invest in the proper weapon, spend time and resources, save and remove gear that doesn't perform adequately. All this does is cause me to rethink everything, abandon my existing loadouts, acquire new gear, acquire everything, redo everything and spend more time grinding over what I already had but was taken away. This isn't game content when I must redo everything, busy work when I could be enjoying the game or new content instead of the constant grind then regrind. There must be a better way to 'balance' or is this not really about balance but about revenue generation? Saving DE from adding new content that utilizes different gear by effectively removing usable gear thus forcing you to repeat investing time, plat and real money to maintain the same level of content without now crippled gear that cost plat via real money. This isn't new content with different weapon requirements. This is just keeping us busy redoing the same thing, over and over again in lieu of new content that challenges us.

1 minute ago, KeisazrG said:

It's not money invested that we are mad about. It's time spent farming for Kuva to get that "perfect" roll 200 rolls down the line, only to have DE come by and smash that weapon into the ground like fragile China plates. It just feels like a slap in the face for the time investment put into the game. Why even have Rivens at this point?

1 minute ago, KeisazrG said:

Well i guessed the idea is they dont realize how riven works. dispo changes are determined from usage rate regardless of riven being used at all (this is the dumber part of the design imo). and Dispo changes are planned every prime release since many prime accesses ago, Melee simply having first dispo changes soon.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Azrael326 said:

It's not money invested that we are mad about. It's time spent farming for Kuva to get that "perfect" roll 200 rolls down the line, only to have DE come by and smash that weapon into the ground like fragile China plates. It just feels like a slap in the face for the time investment put into the game. Why even have Rivens at this point?

Well time is money now aint it

4 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Galatine: 0.5->0.7
Galatine Prime: 0.5->0.55

Galvacord: 1->1.15

Gazal Machete: 1.35->1.4

Glaive: 1.22->1.3

Gram Prime: 1.44->1.25

So TLDR, Gram Prime still wrecks things with better base stats and better riven dispo than Galatine Prime. Nice balance patch.

Archived