Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

XB1 Operation: Scarlet Spear: Update 27.3.9 (+ Hotfixes)

[DE]Megan

9 minutes ago, (XB1)CHEMistry Inc said:

Ah yes, I am quite aware; but when a bug first shows up on PC, and then a build gets pushed to console where that bug is still present, even though said bug has been reported multiple times by the community, that's inexcusable (If you want a list of bugs that still exist after my 3 years of playing, I'll give it).
Who says I couldn't handle it? I've played in other game betas; it sounds like you are a fanboi who doesn't understand critical thinking.
I am also quite aware that while DE may be "working hard," they don't seem to have a good grasp for how to prioritize working on things in an effective manner.

The problem with playing and enjoying an update is that if it's bug-ridden (e.g. like Railjack was when it launched), it's hard to do that, because your enjoyment is constantly being interrupted. Imagine trying to watch your favorite tv show, but your hypothetical little sibling keeps asking you to play a board game or something with you instead.

yes an PC an xbox/ps4/switch all have differnt operating systems so DE cant always get rid of all bugs THAT could happen.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)CHEMistry Inc said:

I've been playing this game for about 3 years now. WF has never been so buggy as compared to the launch of Railjack, for both PC and console.

As per what issues plague different servers, I do not believe you read Xbox and PC update notes in tandem. The majority of what I see is when there's a bug in-game, it affects both PC and console. First it'll likely be patched on PC, and then that fix will get pushed to console. This goes for anything in-game, potentially (not 100% guarantee) excluding connectivity issues.

read it, and your also forgetting how new and complicated these setups are and how they are not something already in game mechanically. these are using new/experimental hookups to our current game structure so yes some bugs will cary over and devs will hotfix both simultaneously, this is also inpart i think as devs are trying to dev for cross-save and maybe crossplay

viewing on the speed of the updates now vs then 2014, there has been screaming demand for console updates to be pushed out fast, originally i think i waited 3 months for germesi skin update years ago, now we get them in week(s) so there is significantly reduced qa time available to push out the updates in question 

5 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

read it, and your also forgetting how new and complicated these setups are and how they are not something already in game mechanically. these are using new/experimental hookups to our current game structure so yes some bugs will cary over and devs will hotfix both simultaneously, this is also inpart i think as devs are trying to dev for cross-save and maybe crossplay

viewing on the speed of the updates now vs then 2014, there has been screaming demand for console updates to be pushed out fast, originally i think i waited 3 months for germesi skin update years ago, now we get them in week(s) so there is significantly reduced qa time available to push out the updates in question 

But at the cost of not being as well polished. I mush rather wait for a more sound update versus rushing out something that is broken

Just now, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

But at the cost of not being as well polished. I mush rather wait for a more sound update versus rushing out something that is broken

id say the honest truth is finding the right balance

though i dont understand this cert process anymore as xbox has its creators program which is very simple to publish and at no cost 

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/creators-program/

and xbox and ps4, pc, are getting on the crossplay/save bandwagon so maybe with that updates will push to all in a timely manner is my hope

32 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

yes an PC an xbox/ps4/switch all have differnt operating systems so DE cant always get rid of all bugs THAT could happen.

Read what I wrote to someone else a moment ago;

As per what issues plague different servers, I do not believe you read Xbox and PC update notes in tandem. The majority of what I see is when there's a bug in-game, it affects both PC and console. First it'll likely be patched on PC, and then that fix will get pushed to console. This goes for anything in-game, potentially (not 100% guarantee) excluding connectivity issues.

32 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

Okay? Your point with the first sentence? I've already addressed that.
As per cross-save, DE's last official statement was they got back their report on looking into cross-save, and that they were still, "considering it," or something along those lines.

...you consider Tennogen an update? That's, sad. 

7 minutes ago, (XB1)CHEMistry Inc said:

Okay? Your point with the first sentence? I've already addressed that.
As per cross-save, DE's last official statement was they got back their report on looking into cross-save, and that they were still, "considering it," or something along those lines.

...you consider Tennogen an update? That's, sad. 

sad you dont know the name of a deluxe vs tennogen lol 

1st was to address me not reading the update i play on pc/xbx/switch so try ive already been doing SS and reading patchnotes

also try  cross PLAY was the oen they are considering, cross save is on the table 

Cross-save is a top priority after Empyrean releases, as Digital Extremes’ Rebecca Ford says during a media Q&A. “If it’s not Railjack we’re working on, it’s definitely going to be [cross-save] 

So you take the Kohm, Exergis, and the Arca Plasmor, and boost their lethality by allowing status to double proc at +100%...

Meanwhile, all the LESS popular and LESS powerful shotguns get strangely nerfed by the status rework. RIP Boar, Brakk, Twin Rogga, Akbronco, Sobek...

Oh, the Sobek... Shattering Justice's 20% Additive Status Chance amounted to approximately +170% status chance; now you lowered it to +90%...

Do you just want us all to play the meta, use the same 3 weapons on every load out, because every time a wide scale mechanical adjustment is made, the lesser known and lesser liked weapons take the hit? Sobek had a hard enough time scoring a timely kill with 100% status chance on every pellet; I can't even look at its Multishot to Status Chance ratio now without feeling utterly dejected.

I think you guys need to rebalance your rebalance. The Twin Roggas are trash now, as is the Boar and the Sobek. Buff the damage or buff the status chance; give it fall-off status chance for all I care, just make them feasible for late game content again. These weapons barely performed as it was, but by the grace of Rivens, they could reach 100% status chance per pellet. You took that away, and gave them nothing in compensation; now they're complete and utter trash, and apparently getting worse with every update.

Why are the fan favorites getting the benefit of the rework, and the under dogs getting the shaft?

2 hours ago, (XB1)CHEMistry Inc said:

Okay, so why wasn't that reflected in the Xbox update notes if you made that reply yesterday?
As someone who works in technical writing, you need to proofread these update notes to prevent "misunderstandings" like this.

To my understanding, there's still issues/bugs with Scarlet Spear on PC (I could be wrong, but I don't consider that too likely, considering how WF has been rather buggy since Railjack launched). Shouldn't all of those be fixed before shipping to console?

Consider choosing not to be angry about petty things. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

sad you dont know the name of a deluxe vs tennogen lol 

1st was to address me not reading the update i play on pc/xbx/switch so try ive already been doing SS and reading patchnotes

also try  cross PLAY was the oen they are considering, cross save is on the table 

Tennogen/Deluxe, they're skins, that's what I was getting at there; I'm not great with all of the names.
I do recall watching a devstream where they said cross-play was not on the table... but if you'd like to reference if/when DE has stated it was, feel free to.

1 hour ago, (XB1)JSNforce Prime said:

Consider choosing not to be angry about petty things. 

First, I'm not angry; I'm disappointed.

Second, if you consider still-present bugs and professional (workplace) writing standards to be petty, then I would say (a) you have not yet joined the public workforce, or have not yet been in a position where your professional reputation is affected by your work ethic, and (b), you do not understand why this is important. I digress though.

5 hours ago, (XB1)CHEMistry Inc said:

Tennogen/Deluxe, they're skins, that's what I was getting at there; I'm not great with all of the names.
I do recall watching a devstream where they said cross-play was not on the table... but if you'd like to reference if/when DE has stated it was, feel free to.

devstream 131 iirc off hand though,  what do i know, ive only been doing community devstream overviews on the forums for years now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

could just google warframe crosssave ?

7 hours ago, (XB1)bioblaze10656 said:

Where is that new ash delux skin at

iirc ash , khora, gara, and hydroid deluxe are wip still

I just want to say that, when I logged in to Warframe and tried to enter the Scarlet Spear Relay, I was told that I NEEDED Xbox Live Gold in order to get the rewards. DE, this is something I've wanted to talk with you for a long time. Since I just don't have the money to have online multiplayer on Xbox, so much has been blocked from me to access: Squads and their affinity bonuses, Trading, Dojos for the majority of my time as a player, and now, Operation Scarlet Spear. Do you know how frustrating it is to NEVER be able to enjoy a game like every single person but yourself does? It's a free-to-play game, for #*!%'s sake! And I KNOW that most of this is Microsoft's fault for refusing to have free multiplayer, and I shouldn't blame DE for any of this, but PLEASE! There are so many workarounds that you could do! There could at least be non-multiplayer alternatives to all of this! Perhaps we could just trade with other players without physically interacting with them in a Dojo! Perhaps rare enemies like Conculysts spawn in the same amount as a 4-player mission! Perhaps the squad affinity could be compensated by making solo affinity equal to being around half of your team in a squad, instead of none of them! Perhaps you can have a stand-in NPC crew for your Railjack... You know, that one other new feature of the game that I cannot even play normally because I'm too busy forging revolite, shooting at enemies I can't even hit, and fixing hazards in my ship at the same time ALL ON MY OWN? I know that DE is horrible at prioritizing their updates and fixing bugs that have been reported MULTIPLE times, but if you can't even change something so simple as an AFFINITY MULTIPLIER... it could possibly mean the loss of the Xbox Warframe community from this game with so much potential, but such instability in its management and execution.

Archived