Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Operation: Scarlet Spear: Update 27.3.9 (+ Hotfixes)

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

y do i have to build the event weapons?

y do they take rail jack resources

WHY DO THEY TAKE 24 HOURS?

I despise time gating, it's a horrible game design, and the concept is anathema to the entire point of a video game. To PLAY. Warframe is full of it and it drives me crazy. Sitting in the trade chat for hours to earn plat so I can "rush" instead isn't fun either, nor is it the point of Warframe, which is to kill and parkour. I really miss Dark Sector. 

First impressions

Spear is rather boring, mobile defence with no real challenge. Bullet sponge boss with oplinks that can’t be healed. Just forcing us to certain bits of gears just to get some decent points. No real mechanics which add anything to the experience. Lore wise the experience is well lacklustre. No real build up at all when comes to the story. Oh look the relay is here, go do this and defend it. Whole thing is semi teased behind it own time lock on top and locked away. You badly need structure towards this event and some build up that in game and freaking bill board.

Just asking questions what the point?

Why is squad link a thing? What is the purpose of squad link?

Why is the bonus which is out of your control?

Are the rewards even worth the amount of grind required well no. Amount of grind required vs the reward is questionable. Even in perfect squads and conditions the whole thing is madness.

So here my feedback

1, Triple or higher the basic point gain per round

2, Arbitrary bonus (Out of your control) should not make up the bulk of your points

3, Sponge boss health values should be much lower, no combat outside of fodder minions.

4, Average player in mind the scaling should be lower per round

5, Need some way to heal Oplinks / defend them outside of warframes

6, Squad link needs a real purpose, arbitrary required kill codes suck.

7, Arbitrary required kill codes suck.

8, This event should return should not be one time thing.

Not even sure I can create feedback which is realistic to adjust this event. Quite frankly after one or two rounds I don’t want to repeat the experience. Proof of concept that honestly should never been released feels like a beta event for squad link.

1 hour ago, (PS4)nerdlegend said:

Arbitrary bonus (Out of your control) should not make up the bulk of your points

This. Why is the flotilla bonus literally double of what you earn in mission? That is not a bonus; that is your salary! 

And the other problem is: no one wants to play railjack. the 5-6 flotilla I was in since launch, I have seen a total of 3 space teams receiving kill codes. Across all 5-6 instances. Needless to say, didn't defeat enough murex in any of them and all those 17 condrixes runs are pointless because my squad missed the flotilla payout, which is again the bulk of the credit reward. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)JustitiaCaelum said:

This. Why is the flotilla bonus literally double of what you earn in mission? That is not a bonus; that is your salary! 

And the other problem is: no one wants to play railjack. the 5-6 flotilla I was in since launch, I have seen a total of 3 space teams receiving kill codes. Across all 5-6 instances. Needless to say, didn't defeat enough murex in any of them and all those 17 condrixes runs are pointless because my squad missed the flotilla payout, which is again the bulk of the credit reward. 

i would do the railjack portion, if players would join my squad

im not going to solo it...

So it seems the devs got inspired by Death Stranding's 'multiplayer' but that game doesn't have a risk where enemies can destroy a target/building and its in sync more better than this.

Here... I waited 15 mins on a kill code while 2 others received while I'm doing my best to defend something that I can't heal or redeploy, no invincibility during non transfer.

The sentients adaptation gets annoying at 100's that it feels like previous update armor scale issue

Why are we spawning in same murex ship but different area of oplink?

I spent 8 hours trying to get a bonus and after all that was only able to get 1 weapon, oh wait a blueprint, no catalyst, no slot like other Events. The blueprints should've been for the Events return.

This was sorta fun at first, til the veil is revealed and its a grind and a time leech, doing the same thing over or worse case no one is ground team and you're waiting around... Oh and the reinforcement is a waste, 75k credits? Why? For 4000 hp? not even a full heal or a 2nd op

I didn't even notice that there was a new Levarian. That's really so many miles ahead of the rest of the game concerning lore and story design. The voice actor is excellent and alive, and the stories themselves feel organic and stitched into the Warframe world I WISH was there during gameplay. Imagine Destiny lore cards and weapon/armor descriptions but there's a narrator. Unfortunately both suffer from the fact that the writing team for separate lore is infinitely better than the in game writers and what story you are a part of.  

23 hours ago, (PS4)DARK_WIZARD999 said:

I despise time gating, it's a horrible game design, and the concept is anathema to the entire point of a video game. To PLAY. Warframe is full of it and it drives me crazy. Sitting in the trade chat for hours to earn plat so I can "rush" instead isn't fun either, nor is it the point of Warframe, which is to kill and parkour. I really miss Dark Sector. 

Farming plat to rush something has to be the most not thought out thing I've ever seen. Pure lack of patience. 

The Flotilla experience is fun to me but they always end suddenly and unexpectedly.  I have hosted multiple times now and even for me as host the mission info failed to update and rarely catches up. Sometimes a whole murex behind or just never updates from the getgo.  The sudden end is usually when towing the satellite with no enemies around the skirmish just completes as success and we warp back to the flotilla.  I think the game is letting a client use the nav control at any time to force a mission end.  That's a real troll move if that's what is happening.  People want or claim to want to go for 5 or as many as possible murex and then after 1-2 force us back to flotilla....  that makes it more time consuming to finish and get the score we want. The current flotilla I was in had far more ground teams than space teams, so getting codes went very well, its just we had to play a whole lot of 1-2 murex when I'd rather go 4-5 twice.

Hotfix #1 

Generic Rifle Riven Hotdrop
Yesterday we Hotdropped a fix that addressed the generic Rifle Riven by removing the ability to roll/Trade a generic Rifle Riven. 

For those that own a generic Rifle Riven, this Hotfix will overwrite & reroll to an eligible Riven of a specific weapon, and then refund any Endo/Kuva that was spent on the generic Rifle Riven.

If you have Traded for X and you do not like your replacement Riven please contact Support for further options!

Scarlet Spear Fix:

• Fixes towards the UI breaking in Murex Raid due to Host vs Client load times. 

Optimizations:

• Optimized Orbiter performance slightly.

Fixes:

• Fixed the UI for Clients breaking when playing a Survival mission. 
  • Fixed The New War cinematic not playing when selected from the The New War Chapters Codex.

Il y a 2 heures, [DE]Danielle a dit :

Hotfix #1 

Yesterday we Hotdropped a fix that addressed the generic Rifle Riven by removing the ability to roll/Trade a generic Rifle Riven. 

For those that own a generic Rifle Riven, this Hotfix will overwrite & reroll to an eligible Riven of a specific weapon, and then refund any Endo/Kuva that was spent on the generic Rifle Riven.

If you have Traded for X and you do not like your replacement Riven please contact Support for further options!

Scarlet Spear Fix:

Optimizations:

Fixes:

• Fixed The New War cinematic not playing when selected from the The New War Chapters Codex.

Basmu riven was aveilable now?!

10 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hotfix #1 

Scarlet Spear Fix:

Optimizations:

Fixes:

What about patching out the exalted weapon rivens? (ie: Diwata & Balefire Charger)

I think that's nothing that will be drastically changed during this event if at all, but I'll mention it anyways to possibly avoid this issue in future events.

Ground squad missions are not worth doing compared to the space ones. They take longer, demand more and give less points which is amplified by the prior two things. Ironically the only reason not to do the space mission is that noone who thought about it plays ground missions which results in you waiting for kill codes in space forever.

Ground missions should be more rewarding by quite a bit. ~6000 points for a whole cycle and the point scaling should start being worthwhile sooner. The points you get for doing like 12/17 are just pittyful. 

Space missions shouldn't require kill codes to progress but should progress slowly but always and get bonus speed for received kill codes instead of for the amount of OpLinks being put down (this mechanic punishes solo players by the way, as per usual). This would also result in space squads being more flexible with how they distribute their squad members instead of everyone rushing into the Murex to get faster progress speed for multiple OpLinks and also would have allowed you guys a more complex or flexible space mission design that actually would have had objectives in space involving the Railjack for more than transportation from point A to point B (a brainfart example would be to have the option to destroy stuff on the Murex hull outside to reduce  or weaken spawns on the inside).

Occasionally, I get less than the full credits amount while I was host.  It was maybe 100-200 shy of the 3960 so I didn't make a big deal about it, but yeah I can play as host and get 3600-3800 for a full 5 murex run. 

I have also had an alliance partner and I stuck in a forever loading screen when part of the squad was sitting in flotilla waiting to start and the rest was in the railjack just sitting there in an unending warp tunnel. 

I have loaded into a murex mission from the flotilla console to join a ship with what looks like metal screens on the windows with no way to go outside or interact with the exit,the foundry, just able to fight boarders and never leave or see any space outside the ship.  Its like the exterior didn't exist.

Since the hotfix a clanmate and I had gotten very different rewards from a full 5 murex mission together- 3960 creds for me as host and 400ish for him and he was also unable to ever use his oplink, it was greyed out in the gear wheel for the entire mission.

Before and after the hotfix the UI breaks down constantly ground or space, even as host. I might go from freezing at 4 condrix scans until suddenly updating after the 11th and generally get the right amount of credits at end.  I have also had three murex oplinks ABC on screen and C or B will flicker between two names because all 4 are set and the speed is 100% but it named two of them B or C.  

Overall , when it works I really like the space missions. They feel fun and rewarding when there are enough codes.  Maybe next time there could be a space relay we get codes from so we all get a similar fun experience on both ends.  Ground team just feels like a slog with nearly zero rewards til very end.  The 10k bonus puts such a heavy emphasis on time and yet the ground is very slow to accrue points and feels it. Ground even gets lower tier relics.

OOOH maybe we have teams link up on different murex to swap their signals and crash them into each other or otherwise turn on each other and launch something like a mutually assured destruction scenario so that we can all sit there and send/rec codes on the fun railjack end?  That would streamline it a bit on the time crunch and remove the bullet spongey sloggy bits.  Condrix have a great, unique design and look though, so maybe throw them in as a boss blocking tele out or blocking signals  1/murex inside.

Archived