Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear [Over on Switch, PS4, & XB1]

[DE]Danielle

“It’s a two-prong attack - Ground team and Railjack team! “ - Little Duck

Introducing Operation: Scarlet Spear - a brand new event that requires the ultimate effort from the Tenno. The fight against the Sentient Threat has reached new heights, and the Tenno will be using the new “Operation Link” aka OpLink to wage war on two fronts! Ground teams and Space teams will be connected realtime using OpLink, working together to deter the Sentients! 

Eligible Tenno will be presented with a brand new Cinematic detailing the state of the world as THE NEW WAR is waged. 

For a limited time, earn a new Weapon, a new Weapon Variant, Stance Forma Blueprint, Medals, Arcanes and more! Operation: Scarlet Spear ends for PS4, XB1, and Nintendo Switch on MAY 14th @ 1:30 PM ET. You have 5 weeks - take your time!

What You Need To Know

What You Need to Know is broken down into 4 Sections:

1) Scarlet Spear Flotilla
2) Murex Appearances
3) OpLink
4) Ground Assault or Murex Raids

1) Scarlet Spear Flotilla

Your base of Operations,orbiting Planet Earth! This is where you must go to Participate in Scarlet Spear. Explore it and make use of its offerings - from Railjack management, to giving ‘Supply Items’ to players out in the field! Access restricted to Mastery Rank 3 players and above.

2) Murex Appearances
The Scarlet Spear Flotilla will detect incoming waves of Sentient attacks - known as Murex! There is a timer clearly displayed in the Flotilla telling you two things:

1) Time until the next Murex appearance.
2) Duration of current Murex appearance. 

Use this information wisely to plan your counter-defense! There will never be more than ~10 minutes of Downtime between Murex appearances. 

3) OpLink 
Ground and Space Teams achieve their goals by the use of OpLink Beacons - buy one from Little Duck in the Scarlet Spear Flotilla, Equip it in Gear, and use it in your missions when needed! 

4) Ground Assault or Murex Raid
Upstairs or Down, Tenno? - Little Duck. 

Working together with Tenno in your Flotilla using OpLink, you get to decide where to go - Ground or Space. You will be able to tell where you are needed most and OpLink will connect your efforts.

Whether you go to the GROUND ASSAULT mission to get Kill Codes or to MUREX RAID to use Kill Codes, driving away a Murex wave depends on you!

GROUND ASSAULT - so long as you are acquiring Kill Codes by using your OpLink on Condrix, you’re helping your Space Team! The longer you stay, the more points and Scarlet Credit you’ll earn! This is also a Solo-friendly mission. 

• You may join an active Ground Assault either before the 'Deploy an Oplink' stage or until 5 minutes expires, whichever is first.

MUREX RAID - so long as you are using Kill Codes, you’re helping your Ground Team and the greater battle! The longer you stay, the more points and Scarlet Credit you’ll earn! This is a coordination optimized mission. Work together to achieve the best results! Solo may be possible, but it has not been balanced for Solo play. 

• Railjack owners (that have activated their Railjack via Reliquary Key) have the option to either Host a Murex Raid with their own Railjack or Join another Murex Raid.

Important Terms:

• Condrix: A Sentient Transport unit deployed to Sentients in the Origin System - Ground Teams focus on fighting off Condrix and using OpLink to send information to the Murex Raid team! 
  • Murex: A Massive Sentient Fragment harbouring Sentient Forces - Railjack Teams focus on Murex Raids and using OpLink to receive information from the Ground Assault Team!
  • OpLink: A beacon item used to connect Ground and Space teams. Found in your Gear Wheel.
    • Kill Codes: Data transferred from Condrix to Murex using OpLink

There are also tips available in the Flotillas in Little Duck’s screen to give you more robust information within the game on how to approach the Operation. You can also find Tutorial prompts at the stations surrounding the Oplink Deployments!

b53f285aa0d1ef14a858129876498d0f.PNG

What You Need To Do

Head to the ‘Scarlet Spear’ Flotilla Orbiting Earth.

1. Obtain your ‘OpLink’ from Little Duck. 
  2. Complete the necessary Ground and/or Space missions for your Flotilla to drive off the Sentient threat. 
  3. Lead the Flotilla to greatness against the Murex, repeat for each Murex! 

Recommended Levels:

Scarlet Spear has a Mastery Rank 3 Pre-Requisite. 

Scoring:

In Operation: Scarlet Spear, your efforts will be rewarded with Scarlet Credits to spend in Little Duck’s store, as well as with Emblems throughout the Operation.

Like the Stratos Emblem for Tactical Alerts, your Scarlet Spear Emblem will indicate how many Murex waves you successfully fended off! 

Earning Scarlet Spear Emblems:

During the Attack Wave:

Ground Assault = SCARLET SPEAR CONDRIX EMBLEM:
Rank "I" = 1000 points
Rank "II" = 3000 points
Rank "III" = 5000 points.

Murex Raid = SCARLET SPEAR MUREX EMBLEM:
Rank "I" = 1000 points
Rank "II" = 3000 points
Rank "III" = 5000 points.

End of Wave Bonus Tiers:

Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. The per-Murex Wave Flotilla goal was adjusted per platform to better reflect pacing on the respective platform:  

• PS4: 70/70 Murex Driven Away required 
  • XB1: 70/70 Murex Driven Away required 
  • Nintendo Switch: 50/50 Murex Driven Away required

Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Higher Total Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000). Max Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.

• As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
  • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 

Cumulative:

Operation = SCARLET SPEAR OPERATIONS EMBLEM:
Rank “I”= 10,000 points
Rank “II” = 30,000 points
Rank “III” = 50,000 points total

Earning Scarlet Credits:

• Earning Scarlet Credits is done by simply playing Operation missions, the longer you stay in a mission the more you’ll be rewarded per Condrix or Murex! 
  • Scarlet Credits can be spent at Little Duck’s store on the Scarlet Spear Flotilla. You can see your total Credit count in the store’s UI similar to how Credits, Platinum, etc. are displayed. 

Scarlet Credits can let you trade for:

• Ceti Lacera Blueprint
  • Basmu Blueprint 
  • Clan Sigils - Phased, Glyphed, Gilded!
  • Arcanes 
    • Rare and Legendary Arcanes are also available! 2000 Credits Per Rare and 4000 Credits Per Legendary. 
  • Stance Forma
  • New Simulacrum Tile

Frequency:

Every Flotilla will detect incoming Murex waves - prepare to fight! Downtime will be ~10 minutes or less between Murex appearances. If you are already in a mission when a Murex is driven away, you will be able to extract and continue the Assault or Raid on the next Murex! Since points are Cumulative, every mission counts! 

Go forth, Tenno! 

FAQ: 

Spoiler

Endless? 

The original mission design was Endless, but after testing we added a cap to help the flow and battle resolution. The cap on Condrix is 17 in 1 Ground Assault and 5 Murex in 1 Murex Raid. 

Competition and Leaderboards?

This is a communal Operation with no distinct competition. As you earn Badges, you will ascend to uniquely signified ranks for the Scarlet Spear effort.
Leaderboards are limited to best contributing Tenno per Flotilla.

Exploits and Exploiters?

All Exploits can be reported to support.warframe.com with the Subject Line ‘Scarlet Spear Exploit’. If you think you engaged in behaviours in-game that had unintended results, please report them to us using the support.warframe.com link. Exploiter’s missions often stand out in our Operations, and for our first Operation of 2020 we will be enforcing account restrictions on any exploit or abuse. 

How does the Scarlet Spear Credit Trade store work?

Everything you see there will be there for the whole event. Nothing is getting rotated out.

Score Scaling FAQ:

Every Kill Code gets you Scarlet Credits - the longer you stay, the more Credits those Kill Codes are worth. 

This table tells you exactly how the points per Kill Code scales at the time of release - when it comes to modifying and balancing, this table will reflect those changes! 

TOTAL KILL       
CODES

CONDRIX 
COMPLETED           

MUREX
COMPLETED      

Points Per Kill Code
  GROUND 

Points Per Kill Code
   MUREX

Yeah this might just be the final straw for me, they're too ambitious and don't have the focus to carry out updates without them being buggy and excessively grindy, 1170 hours in this game and you think over the 2 and a half years of playing that things would have changed, but no, might as well sell the IP at this point.

We have just made a change to the Murex wave goals with the second Wave now live! PS4 and XB1 have had their per-Murex Wave Flotilla goal adjusted from 100/100 to 70/70 to better reflect pacing on these platforms. This also fixes the issue of a ridiculous amount of Relay instances appearing (we saw up to 700+ at one point)! There should now be a more reasonable number!

Found a bug on PS4. When in a flotilla, after a space mission. If I go to Configure Railjack, upgrade a grid slot, then exit that menu, I can no longer use the controller without restarting the app. Not a controller issue as I can still hit my PS button and use the controller fine on the home screen.

I was host if that makes a diffrence

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Darkwolf56 said:

There is a bug on the switch. I can not enter the scarlet spear. The only time I'm able to enter the scarlet spear if I have teammates with me but it won't let Me in by myself. Also my points are not being counted towards the emblem rewards.

We're looking into this right away! Thank you for your report

This event is horible and needs a big fix to reduce the GRIND and the BUGS there are so many bugs on xbox, ps4, and switch its not funny the scoreing system is way off giving out minimal credits and score this is bad do to the overpriced rewards and the time it takes to get the rewards coupled with the repetative missions this event is a gatbage heap filled with grind its No wonder when i looked at the flotila list after around 6 hours half of them were empty and the other half berlt had any people in them this event is more of a tedias chore than the fun event its supposed to be 

And the nerfs to the healing of objectivs was one of the most stupides ideas anyone at DE has ever had as well as the limbo nerf i mean sentient shouldent be able to adapt to void energy of the rift it should actualy be the oposit they should take massive damage whial in the rift since the energy is poisone to them 

I don't get this event.

Sentients are invading Earth, ok, but why are we fighting them in Veil Proxima and not in Earth Proxima?

I mean, Veil should be poisonous to them in the first place, hence why Luna was hidden there.

Also, it would gives us a better feeling of purpose and connection with the ground team if the threat we're fighting was orbiting the same planet. Imagine Star Wars 6 when they split into planet team and space team in order to destroy the new Death Star.

Also, why are the #*!%ing Grineer attacking us? I know they're a bit daft, but Sentients are a threat to everyone, they should join us, just like they do when Corpus or Infected are invading.

None of this makes any sense....

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Sentiel said:

I don't get this event.

Sentients are invading Earth, ok, but why are we fighting them in Veil Proxima and not in Earth Proxima?

I mean, Veil should be poisonous to them in the first place, hence why Luna was hidden there.

Also, it would gives us a better feeling of purpose and connection with the ground team if the threat we're fighting was orbiting the same planet. Imagine Star Wars 6 when they split into planet team and space team in order to destroy the new Death Star.

Also, why are the #*!%ing Grineer attacking us? I know they're a bit daft, but Sentients are a threat to everyone, they should join us, just like they do when Corpus or Infected are invading.

None of this makes any sense....

As LD says, we are grouping here at the flotilla by Earth, but the sentient are gathering in the Vale.

Lua was hidden in the void, not the Vale. It's the void that they cannot handle.

Basically we are doing the same thing. Ground team and space team split up to run off the Murex ships

Sarges Ruk is a grineer superiority believer. He will not side with the Tenno, no matter the threat. As you can tell from his dialog on the ground missions, he half things we are using the sentient as a distraction.

I hope that helps you understand what's going on.

1 minute ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

As LD says, we are grouping here at the flotilla by Earth, but the sentient are gathering in the Vale.

Lua was hidden in the void, not the Vale. It's the void that they cannot handle.

Basically we are doing the same thing. Ground team and space team split up to run off the Murex ships

Sarges Ruk is a grineer superiority believer. He will not side with the Tenno, no matter the threat. As you can tell from his dialog on the ground missions, he half things we are using the sentient as a distraction.

I hope that helps you understand what's going on.

Thanks, it does help a lot. 💜

(warframe nintendo switch) Hello I want to report bugs in the event, I went with my squad to a mission for 24 minutes, but it was not progressing (railjack mission) there was a drop from 2 parts of the shedu resources and avionics, which were lost, to be able to leave the mission, sincerely it is frustrating to have lost time and drops, although the drop can be recovered, the time invested cannot

So I've been playing Scarlet Spear 5hrs straight since first Murex waves have shown.

I have to say that gameplay on Railjack seems wayyyyy better than it used to be. I didn't come across any pink artefacts or problems with Kill Codes etc (Did only 9 Condrixes, rest of my gameplay was strictly Railjack). Well done DE!

Now few issues did occur though they didn't affect me that much. My squad member got stuck in a side cannon and there was nothing he could do to get off of it and during that same mission I tried to return to the SS Relay and after selecting the relay we didn't start to warp there. Couldn't access Navigation again and couldn't exit Railjack with the floor pads (though using slingshot worked for me). After another Murex nothing fixed so I had to abort that one mission. 

As far as optimization goes - after 3rd Murex in a mission gameplay gets really laggy. Feels like FPS drop to around 15-20ish. 

I own 2 SS Murex III Emblems and when I equip them it looks like this (sorry for the quality, I took the picture with my phone off of the Switch's screen)

N2CnS5r.jpg

I'm pretty sure that this number shouldn't be there 😉

All in all it seemed like a fun start for me (otherwise I wouldn't be playing it for 5hrs straight!). I'm loving the fact that we can talk to entire Flotilla during our missions which makes communication with other ground/space squads feel like we're all part of a team working towards common goal. When at the start of the Murex Wave my squad was waiting too long for Kill Codes we tried to get more people on the Ground and then we moved to Earth as soon as we could to help those in Space as well. I see many Tennos doing Ground missions and I feel like they're unaware of the bigger bonus for clearing entire Wave (ie. doing Ground missions only won't win the battle). Get those Railjacks up there Tennos! 🙂

Archived