Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear [Over on Switch, PS4, & XB1]

[DE]Danielle

This event is UTTERLY and IMPOSSIBLY broken on switch. Joined Murex 1 (and there's only 1) halfway through the wave.  

0/50 Murex killed.

I did a double take. 0/50? That can't be right, this is already halfway---

Looked at the squads. 1 space, 54 ground. I facepalmed.

'Okay, if there's nobody doing space, I'll host.', I thought.

Cue 40 minutes later and no. SINGLE. KILLCODE RECEIVED.

Maybe it’ll be different tomorrow but it finally started working for me.
I’ve been running space missions, and sometimes the codes take a while. But I e successfully completed full Murex missions and completed two relays. Bought everything aside from two items and the arcanes.

Let’s hope my luck continues tomorrow.

at the begining of scarlet spear newbies need a written blurb saying kill ramsleds and splinter ships with side guns/ in RJ as the pilot takes the becon to 4 murex ships where you disembark and place oplink you can buy from little duck for 1k corpus cred each oplink is 20% of your teams speed so make sure to place it... 

i had in one mission an mr 4 commandeer my ship and not speak english so we flew around awhile... then only 2 oplinks down... then no one on the gunns ramsleds board they leave ship to go to murex... tell me why would i Ever host? (i say that because when im pilot i cant do anything else... fix that you fix RJ... when they are bare minimum pilot i can attack boarding ships and its soooo smooth when i Dont host

First impressions

Spear is rather boring, mobile defence with no real challenge. Bullet sponge boss with oplinks that can’t be healed. Just forcing us to certain bits of gears just to get some decent points. No real mechanics which add anything to the experience. Lore wise the experience is well lacklustre. No real build up at all when comes to the story. Oh look the relay is here, go do this and defend it. Whole thing is semi teased behind it own time lock on top and locked away. You badly need structure towards this event and some build up that in game and freaking bill board.

I don't think bonus points being rewarded correctly at all. 

Just asking questions what the point?

Why is squad link a thing? What is the purpose of squad link?

Why is the bonus which is out of your control?

Are the rewards even worth the amount of grind required well no. Amount of grind required vs the reward is questionable. Even in perfect squads and conditions the whole thing is madness.

So here my feedback

1, Triple or higher the basic point gain per round

2, Arbitrary bonus (Out of your control) should not make up the bulk of your points

3, Sponge boss health values should be much lower, no combat outside of fodder minions.

4, Average player in mind the scaling should be lower per round

5, Need some way to heal Oplinks / defend them outside of warframes

6, Squad link needs a real purpose, arbitrary required kill codes suck.

7, Arbitrary required kill codes suck.

8, This event should return should not be one time thing.

Not even sure I can create feedback which is realistic to adjust this event. Quite frankly after one or two rounds I don’t want to repeat the experience. Proof of concept that honestly should never been released feels like a beta event for squad link.

17 hours ago, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

Found a bug on PS4. When in a flotilla, after a space mission. If I go to Configure Railjack, upgrade a grid slot, then exit that menu, I can no longer use the controller without restarting the app. Not a controller issue as I can still hit my PS button and use the controller fine on the home screen.

I was host if that makes a diffrence

PS4 - I am having this same issue. Just in my case this issue happens when I enter the sentient ship.

The OPTIONS button, the L3/R3 and all of the directionals are working fine. I can only type if I open the Pause Menu > Connections > Find someone online and open a chat window. Doing this I tried to /unstuck but it doesn't work at all.

Dying did not reverted this issue nor falling off the "sentient ship floor"... (How should I name it? Floor? Cliff? Space?)

I was not a host.

On 2020-04-09 at 10:41 PM, (PS4)BlightDragon89 said:

Found a bug on PS4. When in a flotilla, after a space mission. If I go to Configure Railjack, upgrade a grid slot, then exit that menu, I can no longer use the controller without restarting the app. Not a controller issue as I can still hit my PS button and use the controller fine on the home screen.

I was host if that makes a diffrence

I had this bug too today. However I was not host when i joined a space squad, then whilst I I was using the oplink in the murex, the host left and when it had finished, I was unable to recall warp even though I had the skill unlocked. It came up with the message "Rank 4 Tactical required" even though as I mentioned before I have the skill unlocked. Once the Murex had disappeared I was kicked off it then the ex host railjack was still there which Inwas able to use to get back to the flotilla then the problem above occured.

19 hours ago, (PS4)nerdlegend said:

First impressions

Spear is rather boring, mobile defence with no real challenge. Bullet sponge boss with oplinks that can’t be healed. Just forcing us to certain bits of gears just to get some decent points. No real mechanics which add anything to the experience. Lore wise the experience is well lacklustre. No real build up at all when comes to the story. Oh look the relay is here, go do this and defend it. Whole thing is semi teased behind it own time lock on top and locked away. You badly need structure towards this event and some build up that in game and freaking bill board.

I don't think bonus points being rewarded correctly at all. 

Just asking questions what the point?

Why is squad link a thing? What is the purpose of squad link?

Why is the bonus which is out of your control?

Are the rewards even worth the amount of grind required well no. Amount of grind required vs the reward is questionable. Even in perfect squads and conditions the whole thing is madness.

So here my feedback

1, Triple or higher the basic point gain per round

2, Arbitrary bonus (Out of your control) should not make up the bulk of your points

3, Sponge boss health values should be much lower, no combat outside of fodder minions.

4, Average player in mind the scaling should be lower per round

5, Need some way to heal Oplinks / defend them outside of warframes

6, Squad link needs a real purpose, arbitrary required kill codes suck.

7, Arbitrary required kill codes suck.

8, This event should return should not be one time thing.

Not even sure I can create feedback which is realistic to adjust this event. Quite frankly after one or two rounds I don’t want to repeat the experience. Proof of concept that honestly should never been released feels like a beta event for squad link.

1. I like all of your ideas like tripling or higher the score and the SS credits

2. We use to be able to heal the op links but de decided they wanted to rewen that to like they did this event and nerf all healing abilitys to objectives and players

3.the scaleing is way to anoying and high and should be way lower for low players like MR3s and higher just starting the event 

4.the condrok are geting to tanky at the higher levels if there going to do that there should be fewer condrok with higher rewards like murix csn only go to 5 condrok should only go to 7 or 10 not 17

5. The rewards arnt worth the grind and there way to overpriced to get a full level legondary arcan you need 80,000 credits for for just one 

В 10.04.2020 в 00:56, (XB1)toughdragon17 сказал:

This event is horible and needs a big fix to reduce the GRIND and the BUGS there are so many bugs on xbox, ps4, and switch its not funny the scoreing system is way off giving out minimal credits and score this is bad do to the overpriced rewards and the time it takes to get the rewards coupled with the repetative missions this event is a gatbage heap filled with grind its No wonder when i looked at the flotila list after around 6 hours half of them were empty and the other half berlt had any people in them this event is more of a tedias chore than the fun event its supposed to be 

And the nerfs to the healing of objectivs was one of the most stupides ideas anyone at DE has ever had as well as the limbo nerf i mean sentient shouldent be able to adapt to void energy of the rift it should actualy be the oposit they should take massive damage whial in the rift since the energy is poisone to them 

Nice point, but they don't care. Thay want to use their faulty scoring system and they will do everything to shove it up our throats. They are wrong, but they won't admit it.

Railjack teams not recieving codes from groundteam. waited 15 minutes before chalking it up to another buggy untested update and aborting. Haven't even bothered trying the ground mission and don't really feel any desire to, think its back to space engineers for a bit, at least the grind there actually feels worthwhile and balanced.

Done another 2 Murex waves yesterday. No issues with Kill Codes whatsoever. As far as the scoring goes - Ground Squads obtain scores much slower although it is way easier/slow paced than Space missions so I guess that's fair (+ you can do more Condrixes/mission than Murexes/mission). I don't feel like scoring should be increased cause in my opinion this event shouldn't revolve around obtaining everything in first 3-4 days but trying to get the most over 5 week period depending on one's contribution.

@[DE]Danielle

One thing I don't like is that whenever going back to pick up the Space OpLink that we drop in front of the Murex ship sometimes it gets instantly destroyed when Railjack picks it up and it aborts the mission. Seems like there's no counterplay aside from putting RJ on a line of fire between enemy Crewships and the OpLink. It's similar to what we had when we would disembark Railjack and got hit by stray crewship cannon and die instantly. Maybe adding few frames of invincibility to OpLinks on pick up would help?

Another bug that if upon destroying Murex my pet is dead and I get teleported to Railjack it stays there and I have no means to reviving it.

If Tenno is down while squad is teleported to Railjack after destroying the Murex and he ressurects before teleporting then he'll stay on the Murex ship despite the fact that it's being destroyed (had a clanmate who was running around on a non-existent ship and couldn't get back on our Railjack due to not having the ability to use Omni to teleport).
If while teleporting Tenno decides to stay down and wait for the entire squad to be teleported on Railjack then his teammates can revive him there which seems the best option.

But the most annoying thing that has happened was that while I was with my squad about 2hrs into the Wave while we started next Space missions they would get disconnected cause Flotilla we were on disappeared for couple minutes. I didn't get kicked out of it but that's probably because I was the host.
In that case one can only hope that flotilla he's been on will show up or just give up cause starting over on a new one where there's no chance of reaching the destroyed Murex ships quota. 

9 hours ago, (NSW)C4ffy said:

Done another 2 Murex waves yesterday. No issues with Kill Codes whatsoever. As far as the scoring goes - Ground Squads obtain scores much slower although it is way easier/slow paced than Space missions so I guess that's fair (+ you can do more Condrixes/mission than Murexes/mission). I don't feel like scoring should be increased cause in my opinion this event shouldn't revolve around obtaining everything in first 3-4 days but trying to get the most over 5 week period depending on one's contribution.

@[DE]Danielle

One thing I don't like is that whenever going back to pick up the Space OpLink that we drop in front of the Murex ship sometimes it gets instantly destroyed when Railjack picks it up and it aborts the mission. Seems like there's no counterplay aside from putting RJ on a line of fire between enemy Crewships and the OpLink. It's similar to what we had when we would disembark Railjack and got hit by stray crewship cannon and die instantly. Maybe adding few frames of invincibility to OpLinks on pick up would help?

Another bug that if upon destroying Murex my pet is dead and I get teleported to Railjack it stays there and I have no means to reviving it.

If Tenno is down while squad is teleported to Railjack after destroying the Murex and he ressurects before teleporting then he'll stay on the Murex ship despite the fact that it's being destroyed (had a clanmate who was running around on a non-existent ship and couldn't get back on our Railjack due to not having the ability to use Omni to teleport).
If while teleporting Tenno decides to stay down and wait for the entire squad to be teleported on Railjack then his teammates can revive him there which seems the best option.

But the most annoying thing that has happened was that while I was with my squad about 2hrs into the Wave while we started next Space missions they would get disconnected cause Flotilla we were on disappeared for couple minutes. I didn't get kicked out of it but that's probably because I was the host.
In that case one can only hope that flotilla he's been on will show up or just give up cause starting over on a new one where there's no chance of reaching the destroyed Murex ships quota. 

I think the score should be tripled for the event or the ground team should get more score and half to do less condrix becouse they become giant bullet sponges in the later waves 

My opinion on this event is its boring and way to GRINDY the mussions are repetative the rewards not worth the grind and overpriced and you get minimal score and credits for your efferts all thay plus the nerfs this event is a horible boring mess 

12 hours ago, Unibot said:

Nice point, but they don't care. Thay want to use their faulty scoring system and they will do everything to shove it up our throats. They are wrong, but they won't admit it.

I know they dont care they even stoped lisening to there partners and loyal fans now all they want the partners to do is be yes men and all they want loyal fans for is mony bags 

Respectively, not so much towards DE but more towards the players, you all have to understand that the toughest thing to grind in this game is rare and legendary arcanes. I dont want to hear anymore complaining about how this event needs to be adjusted besides bugs and unintended mishaps. You eliminated the rng factor in ARCANES for a guaranteed piece of gear with a small amount of points. If 4,000 points is too grindy for you, bad news, you might as well find a new game because that is nothing of a grind. 4000 scarlet credits will never compare to grind of rng after completing back to back tridolon hunts. If you cant do tridolon hunts, be quiet. This event is easier than tridolon hunting and this community is starting to fill with nothing but people complaining, not constructive criticism or some calued insight. If you dont want to grind, then dont. Occupy yourself with something else. These rewards dont do justice for how overly cheap the grind is for the rewards. If the event is too tough for you, then that sucks! Go BUY your arcanes in the trade chat instead of trying to make this event easier than what it is. Ive only played for 6 hours and have 14 arcanes graces to show for. Easily over 1400 platinum prior to the event. I dont want to hear more crying. Take it with a grain of salt, and play the game. Stop giving the devs a hard time for once.

13 hours ago, Unibot said:

No. Not a nice point. The rewards handed out by this event one of 2 points.

1. They want to give players the chance to grab some arcanes EASILY. If you know of a way to get a free arcane grace, avenger, barrier, guardian or energize easily and guaranteed, let me know. I'll happily take your advice. But dont sit here and think grinding plat is fun ans this event is more diifcult than doing tridolon hunts pr more grindy than doing back to back fissures and trying to sell your crap in trade chat.

2. DE is giving up on the game to hand out end game gear like arcanes because they're tired of constantly feeling like the community is better at programming and designing a game with limited people and resources all the while with the coronavirus going on and forced to work at home with what they have. 

Be grateful players have a chance for this loot so easily. If its too grindy, get your guns and shut up. You got 35 days. Took me 6 hours.

25 minutes ago, (XB1)BlightMayhem said:

No. Not a nice point. The rewards handed out by this event one of 2 points.

1. They want to give players the chance to grab some arcanes EASILY. If you know of a way to get a free arcane grace, avenger, barrier, guardian or energize easily and guaranteed, let me know. I'll happily take your advice. But dont sit here and think grinding plat is fun ans this event is more diifcult than doing tridolon hunts pr more grindy than doing back to back fissures and trying to sell your crap in trade chat.

2. DE is giving up on the game to hand out end game gear like arcanes because they're tired of constantly feeling like the community is better at programming and designing a game with limited people and resources all the while with the coronavirus going on and forced to work at home with what they have. 

Be grateful players have a chance for this loot so easily. If its too grindy, get your guns and shut up. You got 35 days. Took me 6 hours.

1. they focused to much on the arcanes and not enough on new stuff that would make people want to play this horible event like armor sets, railjack cosmetics, new weapons(not reskins), a new ephimera, ect...

2. This event was made befor the C19 was a big pandemic and they had to work from home

3. The the rewards arnt worth the grind there overpriced and minimal score and credits given thers a reskin, one new gun, some decorations, a new simulacrum they desided instead of making free put behind a grind wall its not even that good its small dark and bugy, and arcains which seemes to be there main focus instead of new and exiting rewards

4 dont say players should be graitful they should be more angry than graitful at this horific event and at de in general theyev been releasing more and more bugy and broken things as well as grindyer things as well when they even sead to there players we are trying to reduse the grind and rng for our players but all theyev done is make it wurse 

1 hour ago, (XB1)BlightMayhem said:

Respectively, not so much towards DE but more towards the players, you all have to understand that the toughest thing to grind in this game is rare and legendary arcanes. I dont want to hear anymore complaining about how this event needs to be adjusted besides bugs and unintended mishaps. You eliminated the rng factor in ARCANES for a guaranteed piece of gear with a small amount of points. If 4,000 points is too grindy for you, bad news, you might as well find a new game because that is nothing of a grind. 4000 scarlet credits will never compare to grind of rng after completing back to back tridolon hunts. If you cant do tridolon hunts, be quiet. This event is easier than tridolon hunting and this community is starting to fill with nothing but people complaining, not constructive criticism or some calued insight. If you dont want to grind, then dont. Occupy yourself with something else. These rewards dont do justice for how overly cheap the grind is for the rewards. If the event is too tough for you, then that sucks! Go BUY your arcanes in the trade chat instead of trying to make this event easier than what it is. Ive only played for 6 hours and have 14 arcanes graces to show for. Easily over 1400 platinum prior to the event. I dont want to hear more crying. Take it with a grain of salt, and play the game. Stop giving the devs a hard time for once.

Small amount you need 80,000 for one full arcane thats around 14 hours of work for 1 arcane and thats without problems like bugs and gliches happening which have been happaning ever cince the event started  hunting tridolons was more fun than grinding this event so i went back to that and within the first 3 times i got 2 arcane graices and some others id rather do this than play the event with overpriced rewards minimal credits given and boring repetative missions  

Archived