Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why you dont like kuva liches?

Exqualater

My biggest disappointed - and I never expected much - was that they only have 2 personalities. You've done 2 liches - you've done them all. And while my 1 converted lich (#*!%ed up and created magnetic one) does make me smile whenever he shows up, there's literally 0 reason for me to convert another one. They are all the same.

• Like 1

Because it's a pointless grind to obtain a weapon which has worse riven disposition than my regular weapon. And mind you, since dispositions now have changed for Kuva weapons, my will to grind them has completely evaporated, because what's the point if DE is just going to nerf them into the ground later? I want more power, if a weapon doesn't give me more power or a useful mechanic, why bother with it? DE should have nerfed the Bramma hard and left it at that, but no.. they just couldn't help themselves.

I'm going to finish off my current lich that I was grinding out, but after that, I'm pretty much done since there's clearly no benefit to me as a player.

What I don't like about the lich system:

-Murmur farming is boring

-Being forced to forma each weapon 5 to get full mastery (when it should be 5 ranks per forma)

-Liches aren't really tied into the game; you can just ignore they exist

-Only 2 personalities

Not looking forward to having to farm more new Kuva weapons. Unless DE moves onto something new and lets liches collect dust for years.

2 hours ago, DebrisFlow said:

The gameplay loop almost totally consists of the murmur farm, that is just repeating the same bland, trivial and copy-pasted missions existing in the game from 7 years (missions that are all, by the way, just the same repetitive "go kill and extract' with different names). The actual fights with the Lich are so sporadic, easy and fast that i don't get to enjoy anything out of the encounter. 

The mechanic of having to randomly guess the weakness of the Lich is, for me, a shameful failure of videogame design. Surrendering the opportunity of some new freash gameplay to mere RNG is sad, disheartening, embarassing. The level of depth of a crappy mobile game. A fruit ninja slot machine.

5 formas to mastery each weapon is a predatory theft of time and resources with the sole purpose of sinking the maximum amount of player time with the minimum design effort.

The murmur grind is disconnected from the rest of the game: you go into murmur missions for the sole purpose of murmur grind. The only consequence of having a Lich outside murmur missions is that it steals some of your rewards. So captivating.

You just made me realize how bad this system really is. I can't even believe that this is the DE we have now.

• Like 1

The mechanic is pure trash. Liches as characters are boring, murmur grinding is tedious, stabbing is unsatisfying. The rewards are 100% the only reason driving players to go through this slog. I don't even have the motivation to collect all the Kiva weapons (regardless of bonus%) coz the farm is just so boring.

I don't mind the Liches themselves 

I actually find the Lich levels and the Lich to be rather enjoyable

The three things that kill Liches for me are 

1. Farming Larvalings to get the weapon type you're interested in. Enjoy wasting hours of your life so you can finallyspend hours of your life playing the actual content. Already being tired of the content before you get to the content, not super conducive to wanting to continue with the content. 
  2. The Tithing mechanic is just obnoxious, full stop. It adds nothing to the game other than the vague possibility that one day your Lich will kick you in the balls by stealing the Riven you just got in a Sortie, making you want to Alt+F4 out of the game. The best way to counter that is JUST DON"T HAVE A LICH 4head. Which is kind of a terrible selling point for engagement. It's also a pretty lame way to simulate reward without actually rewarding you.... It's functionally the equivelant of your parents stealing your toys and wraping them up to give back to you for christmas..... 
    1. tl;dr, at best its totally ignoreable to the point it serves no purpose. At worst it's session ruiningly irritating. Which is pretty much a lose-lose.  
  3. The Kuva weapons withholding MRXP from you unless you inject them with the requisite 5 Forma, I have enough Forma to max level all of them but frankly I refuse to be part of that system because I just find it to be disgusting. I should WANT to invest forma into something because it's enjoyable not because it's extorting it out of me. 

If it wasn't for those issues I'd probably engage with Liches on the regular because like I said I actually enjoyed the higher level content. 

Edited by Oreades

4 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Liches are super fun! I always have one I am working on. It doesn't take long to complete them, either. Once I max out all the weapons I like, I'll work on ephemeras, though that can be a very dismal RNG where you get nothing you want if the lich has no ephemera.

You approach it like me. I like them.

I'm fully content with the idea I may not get every weapon with every elements maxed out. I play them when I can, take what I get. 

I think maybe that's why I don't have the angst so many have about them. To me it's highly optional content that I don't feel the NEED to complete in a few months. 

I personally do not like the Kuva Lich system, I still haven’t even beaten my first lich to this day either. I mainly dislike it because it wasn’t as to what they had promised of what the system was going to be, plus the insane grind that you have to do for it as well is just plain tedious and not fun.

Because they gutted everything interesting out of the Kingpin system

They promised us procedurally-generated warlords who would spam an entire game mode

That obviously fell through (the devs said that foes who take weeks to defeat are no fun, so they shortened it to abput four hours) so then they promised us a foe so epic they needed a sortie-level, or even raid-level supermission to kill, starting on planets and ending up in a Railjack assault mission you need kill codes through an Oplink to even access

That fell through, and now they're an optional grindwall that dispense weapons.

Let me reiterate that. They went from a nemesis who require a level of spectacle to bring down, to an optional grindwall. Each of those words individually are bad enough (they're supposed to be antagonizing me Stalker-style, but that doesn't work if I can decide if they even EXIST) and combined they just make for a really boring enemy that lost all it's potential

• Like 1

i like the system. EXCEPT THE AMOUNT OF MURMURS..

that !@$%@ needs to be reduced. 

i think it should be cut down to like 15 kills per clue. and be more focused on the lich fight.

also i wish there lich interaction in RJ. when i was not active remember that being shown in tennocon and was kind of looking forward to that. but afaik liches are only in the starchart.

i would love for liches to actually show up in RJ as maybe seperate missions where you have to search the ships perhaps? for clues to the parazon combination but you already have to correct three you just need to stab it in the right order. a wrong order would make them go into an other ship and the process repeats. idk. i think that would be kind of cool. and i think DE could easily implement this since they kind of somewhat already featured it.

it could also provide maybe the option to choose a kuva weapon that shows up on the thrall as a reward for succesfully killing him within a certain amount of attempts while also providing parazon mods as a reward. just as an other incentive to go do railjack and actually get something out of that that is useable outside of RJ

Edited by Makunogo

Two reasons, Murmur farming is irritating and it being comically disconnected from everything else in the game.

They fixed my previous issue of "Test Requiem = DIE" so that's not an issue anymore at least.

But the main reason is the disconnected nature, you need to run SPECIFIC nodes just to make progress, which basically forces you to drop everything just to kill a Lich.

• Like 1

1. They are too passive. I expect the Lich to hunt me and adapt to what I do, to be my nemesis. At least that's how DE sold it, plus it makes more sense that way. Instead I'm the one hunting it.

2. The hunt itself is long and grindy, with RNG determining whether the Lich even comes or not. Also, I don't want to learn the Lich's Murmur from it's Thralls, I want to learn it by engaging and fighting the Lich itself and not it's mooks.

3. Since the Lich Thralls are locked to a specific planet and once per node, I can't do Lich missions with friends until their Lich happens to occupy the exactly seme planet and node, otherwise their Lich anger meter won't raise and the Lich won't come.

4. We have only two personalities, one per gender. That's very limited and gets boring quickly.

19 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Two reasons, Murmur farming is irritating and it being comically disconnected from everything else in the game.

They fixed my previous issue of "Test Requiem = DIE" so that's not an issue anymore at least.

But the main reason is the disconnected nature, you need to run SPECIFIC nodes just to make progress, which basically forces you to drop everything just to kill a Lich.

this is my biggest issue. I wish the Lich was more like a stalker and murmurs were located randomly in all missions. I wish i could make progress on my Liche without doing lich missions. I wish we could opt in to having them come after us.

• Like 1