Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, How I am supposed to play Railjack solo ?

Greetings everyone !

I hope all of you are safe and sound at your homes. 

Since they RailJack became available on Nintendo Switch, I have been trying to enjoy that mode, but I just can not.

And yes I did the quest, as soon as it was available, spent tons of millions of credits and all those resources and I just can not understand, how I am supposed to play that alone. 

I believe that the answer, is " No you can not, go do something else". But I really wanted to hear, if someone here manage to find a way to play that mode alone and somehow have fun. 

Shoot the things, protect the thing and go out to invade other things, is not something I am managing to do on this mode. Or the enemies invade and the mission fail, or I am out and the enemies invade and the mission fail. 

Please do let me know your experience on this mode. 

PS * I just marked as Switch, because is the platform I played the game on, but all fellow tennos from all platforms are welcomed to share their thoughts. 

Stay Safe !

• Like 3

I've been doing it solo, and it's not awful once you have an upgraded railjack. I think the trick is to suffer through public missions as a client until you've gathered enough stuff to make your railjack strong enough (I say suffer because as far as I can tell every railjack mission is extremely laggy as client.) 

In the earlier missions I did a lot of parking the railjack with particle ram activated, which would destroy many of the smaller ships nearby while I went out and took care of crewships. When I upgraded the main cannon, I started using that to take out the crewships with less time spent with the railjack as a sitting duck. 

Void cloak helps when parking the railjack to go do an objective. Void hole also helps since it stops enemies from shooting at you. 

Also, use Amesha's 3 ability to slow all the ships way down and kill them with your archgun while the railjack is parked super far away from the fighting. This works for soloing Earth and Saturn, Veil takes longer to kill them with archgun. 

• Like 4

I tried and I cant get past the 2nd node on Earth without failing. Ship gets damage too fast and I run out of the repair spray thing.

Only hoping that when the new skill tree that has yet to be added that they can make npcs help out with on-ship stuff like killing intruders and repairing. If I really wanted to push myself to do railjack I would have to do them in a group and hope it goes well so I can get a few materials and resources so I can build advanced railjack stuff

• Like 2

it'll require you to be on the ball and be well Geared as a Player.
some of the Intrinsics Skills will make a big difference, do use the Clantech research upgrades for your Railjack, and your own Warframe/Weapons should be well Geared.

it'll be slower than playing in a Squad, since you have to hop between roles, but it's very doable. i play zone 3 Missions alone from time to time, when i'm feeling like i want to just quietly play alone.

RE:
no, you don't have to park your Ship 20 Klicks outside of the map in order to play alone. that's an option if you aren't well Geared though.

Edited by taiiat

Ive solo'd earth and saturn and could solo veil but since the returns from earth and saturn were very close, I decided the extra stuff from the Veil just wasn't the best way to do it.

I suggest Kasio's Rest or Kohm's Belt (I think that's right)

It's actually more efficient to solo and just get stealth kill exp. 

• Like 1

It is possible, but you need to dig into build specifically for railjack. I run Chroma with Hirudo just to survive and not run out of revives to finish the mission and get the loot. My build is crits + healing from crits + adaptation + blahblahblah and even then there are so many issues that i might run out of ammo because my sentinel is killed, or i need to run around after some stupid mob who is running away from me. It's complicated.

There are some tactics involved too, like don't repair stuff unless it's a critical failure, so you don't run out of repair goo. Or shoot crewships with forward artillery from behind in orange anus at their top engine to oneshot it because otherwise forward artillery doesn't really work. This might get weird sometimes, but it might be fun if you like something hardcode and challenging like solo anomaly without quitting the mission in the middle. And this will take some time too.

I'd say that you might not find this enjoyable and i understand if other people don't either. I'm personally waiting for AI/NPC crew and hoping it will be okay because i don't always have two hours to spend on a single mission with a good chance to fail and get full box of nothing as reward for all my efforts.

• Like 1

You can easily solo when you have a kitted out Railjack. Question is, how do you get there if you want to solo all the way? 

Early on, the main strategy was to park the railjack away from everything and use archwing, so you could try that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, schilds said:

You can easily solo when you have a kitted out Railjack. Question is, how do you get there if you want to solo all the way? 

Early on, the main strategy was to park the railjack away from everything and use archwing, so you could try that.

I think Amesha is needed for that, otherwise there is a good chance that everything will oneshot archwing. But maybe some other archwing will work too, i don't know, i'm not really into archwings.

Another early strategy was to actually get some intrinsics to repair stuff faster and teleport around, and some avionics to up railjack. Best railjack health mod is dropped on Earth, so if it's somehow possible to farm Earth solo, like with clantech gear, then it may open the path to solo Saturn and beyond. But crafting clantech gear, if memory serves me, requires resources from railjack missions...

Soloing with archwing is not advised. It would take a long time. It shouldn't be that hard of a struggle where you would use anything but Ivara and her bow to sleep and finish the enemies. As for the ships, particle ram basically causes them to kill themselves frying back and forth into it.

• Like 1

I've played Railjack solo all the way into the Veil and it is indeed possible, but requires you to be able to juggle a lot of things at once.  Unfortunately, it is somewhat down to luck.  Specifically, you need to have the health and armor avionics drop and then install and upgrade them them to make the railjack a good deal more resilient.  It also helps a great deal with invest in the early engineering intrinsics to speed up omni repairs (Engineering 1).  My go-to forward weapon is the Cryophon, and I stick with the seeker missiles to pick off ramsleds and outriders before they can close in.  If you're having trouble using the main artillery to take down crewships, don't hesitate to use the slingshot to board them.  Unlocking the omnitool recall should also be a priority so you can get back to the ship from a boarding as quickly and safely as possible (Tactical 4).  When it comes to my warframe, I personally use my Valkyr since her Hysteria gives me the invulnerability I need to survive the beefed-up space Grineer so much as glancing in my direction.  Note that this really requires that you've invested in making her talons well modded enough to do worthwhile damage.

Oh, and use specters.  I drop a warframe specter in the main room of my railjack and have it hold position.  Mine is a Mag with a vectis and it usually does a pretty good job of slowing down boarding parties.

I had to play cautiously to start with.  Killing fighters as they spawned, then trying to get distance so that the next spawns might not automatically detect me and attack while I repaired and tried to scavenge resources.  Of course, when railjack launched, you got to earn some intrinsics even from a failed mission, so even my failures let me progress to valuable skills.  I'm not sure if that's the case anymore.  Oh, and try to make yourself a keybinding for the tactical menu.  There's a skill that will let you warp from point to point inside the ship by using it (Tactical 3).

At the end of the day, soloing railjack missions is hard.  The Command intrinsics were supposed to be coming specifically to help with this, but there's been no word on them since launch that I'm aware of other than "they're being worked on".

• Like 3

I did it solo by parking my RJ ~6k meters from everything and just did the whole thing with Archwing (Amesha and Imperator Vandal modded for slash status). I solo'd all of Earth and Saturn missions and most of the Veil. Then I just hit pub in Gian Point to grind for better RJ armaments and resources. Then I wen stealth intrinsics farming with my much faster RJ.

Now I have everything RJ maxed, but I just rather not bother with/use it anymore. Repairing my RJ constantly and running around to craft resources is way too annoying and disruptive for me, even in pubs where ppl in Veil waste all my ammo.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Yagami_Sama_000 said:

...that the answer, is " No you can not, go do something else". But I really wanted to hear, if someone here manage to find a way to play that mode alone and somehow have fun. 

I play solo in this game almost 99% of the time. Railjack included. I just like to play solo. I really enjoy railjack, and I too also had trouble at first like you did. I really wanted it to work but it was extremely hard at the start to play alone.

Railjack can definitely be solo'd, as I have been doing it even more ever since I finished getting most of my major upgrades to my ship. You will have to be a bit creative with how you play, and it will depend on what kind of weaponry and archwing stuff you have at your disposal.

The key ingredients to having a solo experience in Railjack are the following:

• At least all equipment in your ship is MKII or higher.
  • At least 1 battle avionics like Particle Ram or at best, Void Hole (Which you can buy from players).
  • At least a decent assortment of partially leveled integrated avionics with slots being at least 2/3.
  • All intrinsics at least level 5 across the board.
  • Your primary/secondary/melee should be quite beefy, preferably with a so-so level riven for boost since space grineer are quite tough.

Once you have a healthy combination of these elements, you are ready to not die in space. Congratulations.
As for creativity of completing the missions, sometimes if I want to avoid all the big fights and antics, I will just park my ship in some asteroid far away and fly to the objectives first and complete the on-foot objectives. Then I will teleport to my ship and clean up the remaining enemies outside. I usually prioritize crew ships first since they will keep on sending ram sleds your way. Ram sleds are what truly lay down the stress on you as a one-man ship crew while dealing with fighters, fires breaking out, repairs, etc.

The best way to get all the listed things above is to just ride on other people's ships until you've collected those materials. In the meantime, you can just run missions in lower level areas that you feel comfortable enough to manage on your own with your current ship. I repeated this process for about a week (1-2 hours a day at most) and I accumulated most of what I needed. I was ready to solo completely after that point, which I now do.

I just really like railjack and the space stuff, so I was motivated to make it work. Results may vary person to person but it can be done. Good luck.

• Like 3

It's quite easily manageable if you know what you're doing.

Juts remember that apart from a couple of Earth missions rj is not beginner friendly. You need Amesha, Cyngas, a frame with some survivability at least and a couple of weapons that could easily kill level cap regular enemies in Simulacrum. Then you're good to go.

At first it will be tedious. You will mostly hide rj somewhere and kill enemies with Cyngas to get some starting gear for rj. Once you get it, the ship will gradually turn into a capable battle unit.

Particle Ram is cheap if you don't have it, it makes Earth afkable when your Railjack has HP, only thing you end up having to do is handling Crew Ships due to fighters dying instantly. Another benefit to Particle Ram is it persists between missions, cast it once, and it breaks/opens things while moving around making finding resources effortless.

I would also make sure you spend your first few points on leveling Tactical (level 4) to unlock the recall for instances where you want to board Crew Ships for more affinity, or when you have to enter objectives so you can easily teleport back to the Railjack. Rank 3 tactical lets you get to forge quickly and back to pilot.

If you have a hard time killing boarders, I would just take a CC frame to make it easier, it also makes doing objectives easier, as most of the objectives in Railjack do not require killing ground enemies, they're all hack a console, blow up radiator outside, or kill 1 guy. Weapons that deal high amounts of damage per shot instantly kills even Veil level ground units, no Rivens or even Prime mods needed, which would make them overkill for Earth/Saturn.

• Like 1

Try ask your clan for spare avionics if you joined one and because everyone already said GET PARTICLE RAM! It’s pretty cheap on the community trade market if you’re willing to shell out some plat, it makes earth mission a cakewalk because it one shot enemy fighters. For crewship you can just board them by entering the hatch on the back of the crew ship and then shoot the “Gokstad Reactor”.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, (NSW)Yagami_Sama_000 said:

Shoot the things, protect the thing and go out to invade other things, is not something I am managing to do on this mode. Or the enemies invade and the mission fail, or I am out and the enemies invade and the mission fail. 

Step 1: stock up on 300 Revolite before the mission begins. You are gunna need it

Step 2: avoid Crewships as much as possible. You can't tank their damage yet

Step 3: focus on destroying fighters and repairing Catastrophic Breaches. Ignore minor breaches and fires until the end of the mission, ignore electrical damage entirely

Step 4: Once the fighters are down, it's a mad dash to invade the two Crewships and blow up their reactors before they cause too many catastrophic breaches in your Railjack

Remember: the more time you spend repairing your ship or fighting boarding parties, the more damage the fighters and Crewships will do to your stationary, defenseless Railjack. Your goal here is to minimize the vicious cycle until you have enough Dirac to upgrade your RJ's tankiness

• Like 2

I think it is better for you to join other people crew first. It is how I did it.

- Railjack content rewards greatly speed, nothing is time gated it is all about clearing missions fast and repeating. You don't need a fully minmaxed rj to milk content properly but there are keys parts(munition vortex, good MK3 front gun, mobility upgrades, zekti turret avionics help and some are not that common at all)

- Good avionics are rare and valuable and bp/weapon parts are good income value

There is not enough content atm to keep you hooked for long, but learning the ropes and min maxing railjack is a fun and rewarding experience(I made a surprising large amount of plat mostly incidentaly)

Edited by Galuf

I mean I played it entirely solo all the way through the Veil. It’s not easy or quick, but it’s definitely doable. You just have to play the lower level missions to get the avionics to upgrade your railjack before moving on. Unlock the forward artillery to one-shot crew ships by popping their engines. Use a frame with some crowd control to deal with boarders. Then once you get tether and munitions vortex and some cryophons to dump damage into it, you’ll be clearing fighters like there’s no tomorrow.

It takes time and patience but don’t let anyone tell you it can’t be done.

Edited by (PS4)sister-hawk