Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Dragon Keys] Let Tenno Carry Multiple Keys

notionphil

Simple idea for fairness. I'm not a solo player, but I know many are/are forced to be.

There's absolutely zero harm in letting a single Tenno carry multiple dragon keys - he still has to go through the same work to get the keys and he'll get stacked debuffs.

If someone wants a 100% chance at vault solo, let them carry all of the keys.

Thoughts?

Game mode made specifically for multiple people to partake in...

Ruin it by making it for solo players...

Missing the point...

Not really "making it for solo players". Giving solo players a way to get the same reward with 4x the challenge. Why is that a problem?

25% health, 25% shields, 25% damage and 50% movement speed....

Well... im seeing your point notionphil... i mostly play solo too and yes its fukkin annoing to finaly find one of those vaults only to notice ive took the wrong key with me again..... BUT thats just bad luck.

THIS is meant to encourage players to play TOGETHER so why the hell ever should they revoke all that and enable wearing all keys at once?

also srsly going through those levels with 25% health, shields, damage and 50% ms.... aint a challange..... those infested are weak and even if you get the bad luck and hit corpus running through the map you can still make it with ease

I think that having 4x the penalties is enough motivation to run in a group. apparently not everyone agrees with me however :)

as I said, I'm a group player.

I just know there are a number of people who can't/won't play groups...so it would seem like they should have another option than only get a vault %25 of the time.

If this were done -- and I'm not leaping on board -- it would have to be limited somehow to only solo players.  Because my immediate reaction to the thread title was, "so the other three people don't have penalties"?

Which my main group would totally do.  Three people to handle the mission, four Energy Siphons, and one perma-invuln Trinity (or perma-invis Loki) rolling their way to the oro-door.

So basically the debuff should be made a groupdebuff IF they would change the system to carry more keys at once ... also increase the penalty for every additional key worn by 1 player

so the changes would go to 5% life/shield/dmg 25%movespeed

yeah many wouldnt like that either i know.... but hey.. life aint fair :)

I think the problem is that some of the community are offering (some very good) suggestions, but they would only serve to fix symptoms of a much larger core issue:  some of the fundamental mechanics for co-op play don't work, but yet it's pushed as a co-op game! I'm all for encouraging co-op play, but I don't feel it's fair to punish solo players who play solo because they have difficulty due to broken mechanics. We need:

1.  A fix for the Invite/unable to join/session is full issues

2.  The ability to choose Host or Joiner (to fix the lag issues)

3.  A toggle to set yourself as Farmer or Runner (or whatever names you prefer) so you can match-make with like-minded people.

In my opinion, a working system is how to encourage co-op play. No disrespect meant, but these missions, on top of a broken system, only add insult to injury for a lot of people.

THIS is meant to encourage players to play TOGETHER so why the hell ever should they revoke all that and enable wearing all keys at once?

Because many players are currently forced, by StrictNAT and other issues, to play solo.

also srsly going through those levels with 25% health, shields, damage and 50% ms.... aint a challange..... those infested are weak and even if you get the bad luck and hit corpus running through the map you can still make it with ease

Well aren't we hardcore? It's nice that you've got the l33t skillz that let you easily operate under massive handicaps like this, but most players do not.

Well aren't we hardcore? It's nice that you've got the l33t skillz that let you easily operate under massive handicaps like this, but most players do not.

This would be a CHOICE.

You aren't FORCED to equip more than 1 key in Solo mode.

It would work like this:

1). Set game to SOLO.

2). Equip as many keys as you are comfortable with.

3). Do Mission.

4). ???

5). PROFIT!

Now, some exploit prevention:

1). Changing the Game Mode to anything other than SOLO automatically unequips all of your keys (to make it impossible to invite friends, or 1 Tenno with 4 keys + 3 unburdened Tenno, etc), if the game mode was previously SOLO. (Example: If you're in Online and switch to Private, it will not unequip your key).

2). More than 1 key cannot be equipped unless the game mode is set to SOLO (for same reason as #1).

There you go. More Challenge/Harder Work in Solo in exchange for greater chances of opening the Vault.

Sounds fair.

Don't want or can't handle More Challenge/Harder Work? Then don't equip multiple keys.

Edited by Xylia

This would be a CHOICE.

You aren't FORCED to equip more than 1 key in Solo mode.

It would work like this:

1). Set game to SOLO.

2). Equip as many keys as you are comfortable with.

3). Do Mission.

4). ???

5). PROFIT!

Now, some exploit prevention:

1). Changing the Game Mode to anything other than SOLO automatically unequips all of your keys (to make it impossible to invite friends, or 1 Tenno with 4 keys + 3 unburdened Tenno, etc), if the game mode was previously SOLO. (Example: If you're in Online and switch to Private, it will not unequip your key).

2). More than 1 key cannot be equipped unless the game mode is set to SOLO (for same reason as #1).

There you go. More Challenge/Harder Work in Solo in exchange for greater chances of opening the Vault.

Sounds fair.

Don't want or can't handle More Challenge/Harder Work? Then don't equip multiple keys.

Oh, absolutely. I agree with you. I'm just pointing out that for most players, 75% less health and shields, 50% less speed, and 75% less damage is a major difficulty jump. One that, I feel, justifies the ability to get a 100% shot at a void vault.

Tahlrah might be some gaming ubermensch, but most players would find all the key debuffs at once to be a very challenging experience, and it's these normal players who should be catered to over the ultra hardcore.

Edited by Cpl_Facehugger

Oh, absolutely. I agree with you. I'm just pointing out that for most players, 75% less health and shields, 50% less speed, and 75% less damage is a major difficulty jump. One that, I feel, justifies the ability to get a 100% shot at a void vault.

Ahh, I misunderstood. Sorry about that.

Not really "making it for solo players". Giving solo players a way to get the same reward with 4x the challenge. Why is that a problem?

25% health, 25% shields, 25% damage and 50% movement speed....

Those numbers are wrong - The actual values are -75% health, damage, and shields, in addition to the other key being -50% speed. I'm not one for punishing players for their playstyle but if you want it to be equal then there it is, unless you're implying making it easier for playing solo.

Edit: Additionally I think that considering there is a bit of lore mentioned in regards to the keys being a burden/powerful that only one can be held per tenno, that ought to be mentioned. I'm not the first one to go around being a lore police in warframe, but I respect that they are adding small bits of storyline piecemeal as it's better than nothing. That being said, I'd definitely be interested in seeing a successful attempt of a solo run with all of those hindrances; Not to mention the -additional- one added after collecting the artifact in the vault. That's like crazy ultra nightmare.

Edited by Andaeros

Those numbers are wrong - The actual values are -75% health, damage, and shields, in addition to the other key being -50% speed. I'm not one for punishing players for their playstyle but if you want it to be equal then there it is, unless you're implying making it easier for playing solo.

Uh, 25% 25% 25% is what you have LEFT, not how much you are losing.

100% - 75% = 25%.

-75% = 25%

:D

In the strictest sense, yes.  You are only wrong because of the meaning of the words you said; if they meant something else, you would be right.

Well in that case I don't see an issue with letting players torture themselves with being about as powerful as a limbless grineer. Although it is arguably a weak point, I still have to point to the fact that it seems lore has dictated tenno cannot utilize multiple keys as it would overwhelm them, for some reason that's unexplained.

Well in that case I don't see an issue with letting players torture themselves with being about as powerful as a limbless grineer. Although it is arguably a weak point, I still have to point to the fact that it seems lore has dictated tenno cannot utilize multiple keys as it would overwhelm them, for some reason that's unexplained.

I don't think it's lore until, well, there's some lore actually written someplace (i dont mean in patch notes :P). Right now it's just a gameplay mechanic AFAIK.