Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Scarlet Spear] the matchmaking is hindered for small communities

GilgaMelchi

Hello,

I play on PC and everytime I play in Scarlet Spear, I cannot but notice that my squad is solely composed of people who speak the same language as me (which is not english), which lead me to this conclusion :

It seems that since the Scarlet Spear relays use the same system as regular relays (in short : they are limited to people on the same language/geographical server), the matchmaking is limited to the people you actually see in the relay you are in. Which is not that many if you are not an english speaker.

Although It is nice for me to play with my fellow same-language-speakers, it does bother me that the matchmaking is struggling to find people to play with. And I can only imagine this being even harder on smaller communities (especially on console).

Stay safe everyone.

It looks like an easy fix, but it harms as much as it mends.

Even though we can easily change region/language in the settings on PC, this is only a bandaid on the symptom, and it will only increase the issue for those who don't know or choose not to apply it.

Also, I believe it is more laborious for console players to change their language settings (I think they have to apply it to their entire system, not Warframe alone).

Edited by GilgaMelchi

I don't get why they had the idea to make matchmaking dependent from language and region and not just region alone. I had to change my whole console's language to make matchmaking work. Also, it doesn't affect only ss matchmaking, but every other node, too in my experience. At least here on switch.

Edited by (NSW)H0rst