Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pc Players And Future Ps4 Players

ASVP-Green

I'm not really suggesting anything, its more of  a question. But from playing Warframe on PC, I've come to really like the game and the community as a whole, which even inspired me to become a founder and I put a decent amount of hours of gameplay in the game. But say some PC players decide to play on PS4 as well. Are the PC players starting over or are they going to be able to play on PS4 with what they have already worked for? I guess I could make a suggestion, I suggest a way be made possible for PC players to play with what they worked for on PS4. Could this happen?

as far as i know. nope.

Why? Sony release it as Free to play. but require PlayStation store(or whatever its named now) account.

It might be possible that you will get a chance to "merge" your accounts. but i wouldn't bet on it.

Simple reason. Playstation network account=Money transactions give some profit to Sony.

If you would use Your account now. money goes straight to DE. sony has no interest in it(straightforward income)

ASVP-Green, Thank you for posing that question.

I found this game mainly because of the PS4 launch announcement, so I decided to check it out.  I haven't played very long, but so far, I love what I am seeing.  I'm looking forward to building my arsenal and improving my 'space-ninja skill.'

I would like to contrubute to the Founder program as well and have no issue with it, but my concern is that I know I will also be playing a considerable amount on PS4 as well once it's released, so I don't want to end up essentially having to buy the same upgrades twice.  If I could be assured that the investment in my characters will be available on both platforms, I will make my Master contribution without further delay.

as far as i know. nope.

Why? Sony release it as Free to play. but require PlayStation store(or whatever its named now) account.

It might be possible that you will get a chance to "merge" your accounts. but i wouldn't bet on it.

Simple reason. Playstation network account=Money transactions give some profit to Sony.

If you would use Your account now. money goes straight to DE. sony has no interest in it(straightforward income)

With all due respect, your reply is pure speculation, and the premise is false based on comparable evidence.

Look at Final Fantasy XIV as an example of a cross-platform compatible game with an external fee/transaction system.  You can pay your subscription on PC, but your same characters are playable on PSN.  Clearly it's been done before, so it's just a matter of working-out the details.

as far as i know. nope.

Sony would only require a PSN account to be logged in to boot the game, if anything. 

There's already games with independent logins associated to them. FFXIV is an example of this. It's also was PS3 and PC players can play with one another. 

Also, Steam is the exact situation as the PS4 would be. The only difference is that instead of running the game off windows it's the PS4. Sony could still do what Valve does and have packs up on PSN that can be bought through PSN.

Edited by HailCreation