Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Scarlet Spear weapons!

(PSN)Ares_Arizen

If you get weapons only because of the Rivens, then that's your own problem.

Basmu's nothing ground breaking, but it's a solid, reliable weapon. Decent damage, infinite ammo and self-healing is never going to be a BAD combination.

Ceti Lacera is... definitely better than regular Lacera. But, like, it's a melee weapon, right now there isn't really much that distinguishes them. Get it for the MR or collection if you're into that, or because you like the regular version or just... because it's a really damn powerful melee weapon, even if most melees are super powerful, so is this one, so there's not much harm in it.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

If you get weapons only because of the Rivens, then that's your own problem.

Basmu's nothing ground breaking, but it's a solid, reliable weapon. Decent damage, infinite ammo and self-healing is never going to be a BAD combination.

Ceti Lacera is... definitely better than regular Lacera. But, like, it's a melee weapon, right now there isn't really much that distinguishes them. Get it for the MR or collection if you're into that, or because you like the regular version or just... because it's a really damn powerful melee weapon, even if most melees are super powerful, so is this one, so there's not much harm in it.

Oh don't forget getting that sentient arm before the new war if anyone remember this

latest?cb=20191217140732 So basically they are all good set already done weapons for this war moment.  No reason get more new weapons the current one when Basmu and Ceti Lacera already is the filling.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Ares_Arizen said:

Was wondering, should I bother farming the new Lacera variant from Scarlet Spear to test my Lacera riven on? Also, should I farm Basmu and buy a riven for it? Or skip all that because rivens for those 2 weapons are bound to be nerfed in 3 months anyways?

The way rivens and arcanes are now, you're better off seeing them as temporary boosters. In the case of Arcanes, there's too little data to tell how often DE will nerf/buff them. But rivens are predictable for three four months. So, if you ask yourself the question "Is it worth investing into the this knowing that it'll be useless in that time?" you'll have a more accurate risk/reward equation on your hands. Going by this, I've actually found that I'm investing less time and effort than ever now into rivens, because they're almost not worth it.

Edited by Countess_Hapmuhr

10 minutes ago, Countess_Hapmuhr said:

The way rivens and arcanes are now, you're better off seeing them as temporary boosters. In the case of Arcanes, there's too little data to tell how often DE will nerf/buff them. But rivens are predictable for three four months. So, if you ask yourself the question "Is it worth investing into the this knowing that it'll be useless in that time?" you'll have a more accurate risk/reward equation on your hands. Going by this, I've actually found that I'm investing less time and effort than ever now into rivens, because they're almost not worth it.

I do hate that they are going nerf the arcanes, they already nerf it already but they have to nerf it even more which it is a twaddle (it is a word look up in the dictionary).  As I think they are going overboard hitting the nerf hammer every single frames and nerf really hard on the Arcanes like there is no day tommorow.  *sigh* For I always wonder did DE just went back to the Dark Side again.

11 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Oh don't forget getting that sentient arm before the new war if anyone remember this

latest?cb=20191217140732 So basically they are all good set already done weapons for this war moment.  No reason get more new weapons the current one when Basmu and Ceti Lacera already is the filling.

ChaoticEdge: "That new Sentient assault rifle, we already have a New War themed gun, what's it's purpose"

Me: "It's a gun, Chaotic. It shoots bullets."

22 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I do hate that they are going nerf the arcanes, they already nerf it already but they have to nerf it even more which it is a twaddle (it is a word look up in the dictionary).  As I think they are going overboard hitting the nerf hammer every single frames and nerf really hard on the Arcanes like there is no day tommorow.  *sigh* For I always wonder did DE just went back to the Dark Side again.

My main problem with the arcane nerfs is how much effort that just destroyed in an instant considering how hard they were to obtain in the first place. DE has lost a lot of faith with veterans over this, because they've shown that there is very little consideration for players time and effort.

To put this into an example, let's say that you spend a month creating a beautiful sculpture and someone smashed it the second you put it outside of your home to show it off, would you want to do that again? The obvious answer is no to that question of course. And that's pretty much going to be the reaction if DE releases new arcanes further down the road, nobody is going to want to do the grind because they're aware now that Arcanes can be instantly nerfed into the ground.

So yeah, a lot of people are leaving the game now, content creators and veterans all the same.

Edited by Countess_Hapmuhr
Rule 1.

8 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

SHHHH quickly re-edit it NOW Guideline 1

I understand they lose trust but they do gain trust and lose trust which I always say they are always "bipolar".

Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware they were that sensitive to critique to be perfectly honest. Definitely not a good sign.

• Like 1