Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something Needs To Be Done About Leeches.

Lachryphage

To restate the few people of this post:

Vote kick is always abused and I want no part of that in warframe. AFK auto kick is the answer. Meaning if you go afk for a certain amount of time, you are removed from the game. 

"5minute afk=kick" by the system

5 mins is way too long. 

Edited by KingKeif

To restate the few people of this post:

Vote kick is always abused and I want no part of that in warframe. AFK auto kick is the answer. Meaning if you go afk for a certain amount of time, you are removed from the game. 

5 mins is way too long. 

What if those afkers... Move at the 4min 30 sec mark? Repeatedly? We need... A new unique system to kick afkers.

I say if a person is afk for over a minute, a kick vote should appear. This way, a person can't be kicked for no reason, however if they jsut go afk without saying anything the party can still kick them. 

Still would leave room for leeching he would just press a button every minute or so to shoot and the timer would reset. Even setting a macro for it would allow for a easy way around that. But that was also my first idea

What if those afkers... Move at the 4min 30 sec mark? Repeatedly? We need... A new unique system to kick afkers.

well if they do that i got another suggestion .... afk reminder -> system does save the last afk time and check if it happens again and then simply reduces the time you can spend afk for each round for a 2 months to..... 30 seconds?

or just kick him if he doesnt move for 2 mins or something like that OR disables missionrewards for that player

Edited by Tahlrah

Vote kicking is sadly the best option for discerning leeching, and computer program will either be too thorough (kicks people going to bathroom when group is allowing for it) or will not be thorough enough (players use macros to leech).

This is a very good argument against automated kicks. In a game that lasts over half an hour, it's quite possible that a teammate has to go afk for a minute or two to answer the door, take a phone call, bathroom break, let the cat out or whatever.

It's usually acceptable for this teammate to tell the other 3 players to keep an eye on him meanwhile.

Both systems have flaws auto kicks will not allow for a quick bathroom break if we are going at it for over one hour and vote kick can be abused. One solution is to put in auto kick but the remaining team members would need to confirm the kick. That way no abuse will be done and if you0re playing with friends or a team thats aware fo why you're afk they will keep you in. Pretty much combine the two system

Edited by RyuhoTheDragon

Both systems have flaws auto kicks will not allow for a quick bathroom break if we are going at it for over one hour and vote kick can be abused. One solution is to put in auto kick but the remaining team members would need to confirm the kick. That way no abuse will be done and if you0re playing with friends or a team thats awarw fo why you're afk they will keep you in. Pretty much combine the two system

i disagree, if you tell people "brb, bathroom, sorry," then there shouldn't be an excuse to kick him.  IF he doesn't say anything, then yes, kick him, because that's on him for not tossing a type out there.  If you don't tell players that you need to go afk, or brb, then they'll suspect you for leeching unless they know you. 

The "any kick option will be abused" is entirely too true. I've been removed from groups in other games during a break in combat because I took 30 seconds to go find my son's pacifier and give it back to him. This was even after warning them that I would be AFK, what the reason was, and that it'd be quick.

i disagree, if you tell people "brb, bathroom, sorry," then there shouldn't be an excuse to kick him.  IF he doesn't say anything, then yes, kick him, because that's on him for not tossing a type out there.  If you don't tell players that you need to go afk, or brb, then they'll suspect you for leeching unless they know you.

^^ that's an awesome fix right there.

Sometimes squad chat screws up, and players ain't connected to the IRC channel. Even if they type, you can't see it. If you type, they can't see it.

If something like this is implemented, this bug needs to be fixed first.

I say if a person is afk for over a minute, a kick vote should appear. This way, a person can't be kicked for no reason, however if they jsut go afk without saying anything the party can still kick them. 

They'll just make a macro to keep themselves from being detected as AFK. That won't really do anything. In fact you don't even need to go to the trouble to make a macro. You can just put something heavy on your W key and run against the wall.

The "any kick option will be abused" is entirely too true. I've been removed from groups in other games during a break in combat because I took 30 seconds to go find my son's pacifier and give it back to him. This was even after warning them that I would be AFK, what the reason was, and that it'd be quick.

No it isn't. In fact in most games with vote kick I have a hard time kicking people even when there's a legitimate reason. Most people just ignore the vote until it times out. It's better than nothing though. And I have a hard time believing anything baby related took you 30 seconds. You were probably gone a long time. I've never been kicked for being AFK, even in systems where a group leader can unilaterally kick you for any reason he or she wants (ie. every MMO in existence).

Edited by Lachryphage

Something needs to be done about all these people suggesting sweeping changes that affect all players because they happened to play a few missions with leechers on their squad.

i do hope that's sarcasm. :P

the features requested here aren't "sweeping changes" they're features that generally exist in most mmo's these days.

to be honest, i'm surprised the mechanism doesn't already exist.