Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When can I, as an owner of a railjack, expect to have the ability to remove people in the pilot seat?

HyS-Jack

Honestly this is getting to be ridiculous. I go into a murex raid and the second I park the railjack into the parking spot, some random level 8 decides to jump into the pilot seat to take it for a joyride. Naturally the person doesn't speak English so the mission is an entire bust because he won't get out. As someone who spent hours and hours of time and an untold amount of resources to craft my own railjack, I should have the ability to choose who I allow to pilot the ship and who I don't. It would be exceedingly simple even! Just slip it under one of the already present Intrinsics, my personal favorite would be under "tactical". There's already an ability to allow others to use my own warframe abilities. Why not a simple menu to lock and unlock the pilot seat? Better take it a step further and allow locking of the navigation menu because people like to screw with anything that has the "push x to interact" popup.

• Like 16

I guess you got a bad squad. bound to happen at some point with how many people are playing the event. the problem though is that restrictions like this are a double edged sword: yes, you can stop trolls messing with your ship, but you just know some people will take it too far and restrict their squad form doing anyhting. if you join as a client, you would be at the total mercy of the host, and if they AFK without unlocking controls, then what? you'd be stuck is what.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I guess you got a bad squad. bound to happen at some point with how many people are playing the event. the problem though is that restrictions like this are a double edged sword: yes, you can stop trolls messing with your ship, but you just know some people will take it too far and restrict their squad form doing anyhting. if you join as a client, you would be at the total mercy of the host, and if they AFK without unlocking controls, then what? you'd be stuck is what.

But then it's their railjack and refuelling resources which go boom, not the clients'.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

But then it's their railjack and refuelling resources which go boom, not the clients'.

still wastes the time of the other players though. you start locking down your entire ship for fear of players trolling you, you'll find nobody wants to be in your squad. bad squads will happen from time to time, that's just how PuGs work, your best bet is recruiting whenever possible. 

• Like 3

I agree that there should be an option to remove people from pilot seat and also being able to lock flux energy usage. At the end of the day it is my ship that I've farmed to build, these are my resources that most of the time get wasted becuse people want to try things out.

As to when will this be implemented... probably never becouse It seems that DE doesn't see a problem with it.

(people were talking about this issue since railjack was released)

• Like 2

Step one, pilot locks down all functions of the ship; no guns, no consoles, no forges, no using resources of any kind.

Step two, pilot complains that nobody is helping him and he's doing all the work.

Step three, pilot comes to forums to complain that railjack is full of afk leechers.

It would happen, and we all know it.

• Like 3

problem is bad players

chasing a fighter craft for miles then go back for next one.(but AI is designed to run and come back so people dont need to chase)

wasting time picking up resources from the map .(like  mr0 players open all the caches in the map to farm credit)why not use the time to start another run?

these make me really want to kick whoever on the pilot seat.

Edited by kengxiaoju

“My ship my rules, don’t like it? Get out. Find someone else that suits your behaviour or need“

I don’t think it’s a double edged sword. If they find a restrictive host they can just find another one or do it themselves, can’t expect everyone to cater to your needs. 

• Like 5

It certainly is an issue. I expect pubs to be predictably troublesome due to ignorance or maliciousness but that doesn't help the feeling of helplessness when a rando with no intrinsics in piloting hijack the ship and/or use up all the flux flailing at the mob. Most of the time I don't mind since my rj is decked out well enough to fend off anything and I can usually compensate for a client's stupidity in some manner, but I'd rather have a system in place that gives me some degree of control over basic function of my goddamn ship. In Asia region it's particularly problematic since there's a flux of chinese players who either don't speak english or are unwilling to communicate in english. People from other countries have no other way than to use english so it used to not be an issue way back when. Nothing against the chinese players but I wish there was a way of communicating with people who don't have as good a command on english.

How about instead of locking access, you forcefully kick someone off the seat when you press x? Because locking cause more harm than good, what if you are far away when the ship is taking fire or the enemy ship started moving? Tough luck! Everyone have to wait for you to come back.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

still wastes the time of the other players though.

So, why is the time of randos with no impulse control more important that anyone elses in that mission?

I'd like to see the owner of the RailJack have the ability to just boot people from any position.  Not only to avoid situations like this but because it's Warframe, this feature will break and someone will get stuck in a position and wont be able to get out on their own.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, UltraMex said:

How about instead of locking access, you forcefully kick someone off the seat when you press x? Because locking cause more harm than good, what if you are far away when the ship is taking fire or the enemy ship started moving? Tough luck! Everyone have to wait for you to come back.

This. I wouldn't mind having different levels of security, to be honest. An extra panel in Railjack configuration for a permission list would be nice. A simple 'press X to assume control' to a 'captain only' and maybe also a 'clan only' setting for each station and resource usage (artillery expenditure for example). 

Specified station = Free Use / Clan Only / Captain Only 

Stations applicable: Forge 1, Forge 2, Forge 3, Forge 4, Slingshot, Port Gun, Starboard Gun, Artillery, Pilot, Navigation, Use of Ordnance.

Looking at those options as I type them, I now realise that a Captain should always be able to kick and resume control of any station they want. 

And that reminds me... the central console in the Dojo should be able to choose whose railjack we load up and as such transfers session hosting to whichever Captain the squad chooses. 

Choose squad name, squad votes agree or disagree, majority agreement prompts a host migration to chosen squad name, their railjack appears in the dock, everyone boards it. This central console and system should also be woven into Scarlet Spear's relay.

Actually, why can't we choose squad host with manual host migration at the moment? 

Sorry for the rambling xD 

Edited by (XB1)Primus Patronum
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, UltraMex said:

How about instead of locking access, you forcefully kick someone off the seat when you press x?

I just imagining an animation where your warframe menacingly approaches the guy sitting there, rips him out of the pilot seat, then drags him to the airlock and just yeets him into the space with a highly acrobatic kick in the a**.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HyS-Jack said:

Why not a simple menu to lock and unlock the pilot seat? Better take it a step further and allow locking of the navigation menu because people like to screw with anything that has the "push x to interact" popup.

First you need DE to acknowledge that this a problem, or at the very least, a valid request worth considering from frustrated players. That unfortunately is the crux of the problem, this topic has come up several times but it’s never been responded to by DE with their opinion / feedback.

It's also not just the pilot seat (though that tends to be the most frustrating one), the artillery seat, or spamming battle avionics would also benefit from having a captains lockdown function.

Take it with humour. If you host RJ games, you are bound to come accross obscene people. Sometimes it comes with good intention but the execution is bad. It is a mode designed to promote team efforts but players are humans and humans are human.

Once I went in Veil, killed all the 90 small ships then as we were 0/6 crewships I started doing the boarding, when I came back in the ship I went forge to refill as I don't generally consume much flux to chain. Forge was refined and the guys managed to thow my 28 remaining tychos, all my flux and even the 5 dome charges. It happened once and it genuinely made me laugh.

I got several time openly insulted by someone who took the pilot ship after I boarded something and did not like me flexing on his camera while he was piloting my ship :D. Nowadays when I'm feeling that somebody is #*!%ing with me in railjack, I entertain myself giving back the salt.

Edited by Galuf

This is why I refuse to pub RJ missions. While I would personally never get into the pilots seat on someone else's RJ unless tasked with it, others don't have that restraint. Not to mention them firing all the munitions and not hitting anything.

6 hours ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

This. I wouldn't mind having different levels of security, to be honest. An extra panel in Railjack configuration for a permission list would be nice. A simple 'press X to assume control' to a 'captain only' and maybe also a 'clan only' setting for each station and resource usage (artillery expenditure for example). 

Specified station = Free Use / Clan Only / Captain Only 

Stations applicable: Forge 1, Forge 2, Forge 3, Forge 4, Slingshot, Port Gun, Starboard Gun, Artillery, Pilot, Navigation, Use of Ordnance.

Small issue with such a thing, it would be outrageously easy for somebody to put all of that on captain only and troll by being AFK in mission nodes or just expect joining players to just be omni dispensers.

Sure, the Airlocks and Slingshot still would be usable, but at that point you'd have people intentionally cluttering the already thin public matchmaking wasting everyone's time.

I'd support a lock on Flux Energy, the Pilot seat and maybe the Forge (refining more than crafting), but if somebody was going to lock literally everything why are they even in public matchmaking in the first place?

• Like 1

Honestly, implementing a role selection system might be a half decent way to tackle this issue. Granted I don't quite know much about Railjack because screw that pointless grind, but when starting a mission, it might be doable for there to be a role selection system where the owner of the railjack (who gets pilot by default), can opt to give the role to their teammates. This role perhaps puts in some weird hecking biometric doodad that only permits the person with the pilot role to actually pilot the ship.