Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Railjack was a standalone game ?

On 2020-04-11 at 7:53 AM, Galuf said:

The thing is that it is not a standalone game at all as Warframe core mechanics are very important there too. It is always like that with DE. Just have a bit of faith, it can end up like Archwing(mental forfeit) or like Operator(from S#&$ty kamehameha and focus galore to what it is now). It is patched constantly and personnally I love the core mechanics and art assets around it, it needs way more but it was definitely delivered as something promising(extremly lackluster as well).

The fly around gun stuff aspect is like 20% of it am.

I personnally hope for a more drastic integration to Railjack everywhere in the game as a profitable option for players. I would vastly appreciate having it mixed(if chosen) with every other activity one way or another. It will probably take a lot of time to get to an optimal spot, DE time is long look at 2nd dream it was almost 2 years from now and between that we only got erra quest and an event cinematic for the main storyline)

Thanks for a logical response. It's a breath of fresh air around here. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

Standalone or not, I'm not really playing Railjack because there are so many other games that do space combat better. If I want to play a space MMO, I will just play Elite:Dangerous instead. At least the ships in that actually look cool, and are more fun to fly than these ugly bricks called Railjacks. Hek, even the original Wing Commander from 1990 has better space combat than Railjack.

This is an important comparison, though. Whether or not its the entire game, or just a small part of it, the quality of the experience matters. And usually, when its just a small part of the game, the experience is worse, because they can't put as many resources into it as they should.

If you are going to release an update that shifts your game into a new genre, then you are going to have to compete with all the other games in that new genre as well as the ones in your previous one. So since DE added Railjack to Warframe, they now have to compete for the space combat crowd as well as the 3rd person shooter audience. And if they're incapable of delivering a worthwhile experience in both areas, then why did they even bother? Why would anyone pick the inferior experience?

This is why its almost always better when a game stays focused. When a game tries to do too much, and be too many things, then none of it is worth playing. I would much rather play a game that does one thing really well, then a game that does several things poorly. And Warframe has only ever really done Warframe well. All this extra space combat they keep trying to add to it has never been good enough to be worth spending much time on.

This just doesn't make sense. You can't fairly compare a part of Warframe to a full game. It's a cheap way to bash it. Especially when it's in it's early stages. You're comparing an unfinished section of a larger game to a finished AAA product from a major developer. You don't even need to play railjack at all to guess how that comparison would go. 

Railjack is not shifting Warframe into a new genre. I don't know where you got that idea.  Railjack is only trying to expand on the base game. That's like saying spy missions were trying to turn WF into Metal Gear. 

And no, they do not have to compete with the space combat crowd. Anybody with common sense that's into spacesims know not to depend on Warframe for their space sim fix. Also, most people understand they can play more than one game. I love space sims and even in that genre, each game has its strengths and weaknesses. 

I play railjack and have fun. I'm not really sure what some of you are doing. It's optional for the most part too.  ( Personally, I can think of a number of smaller dedicated space combat games in which railjack does combat better too)

Warframe does Warframe well. It's still there if you want to go play the star chart. Railjack isn't taking that away, it's simply adding to it. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

This just doesn't make sense. You can't fairly compare a part of Warframe to a full game. It's a cheap way to bash it. Especially when it's in it's early stages. You're comparing an unfinished section of a larger game to a finished AAA product from a major developer. You don't even need to play railjack at all to guess how that comparison would go. 

Railjack is not shifting Warframe into a new genre. I don't know where you got that idea.  Railjack is only trying to expand on the base game. That's like saying spy missions were trying to turn WF into Metal Gear. 

And no, they do not have to compete with the space combat crowd. Anybody with common sense that's into spacesims know not to depend on Warframe for their space sim fix. Also, most people understand they can play more than one game. I love space sims and even in that genre, each game has its strengths and weaknesses. 

I play railjack and have fun. I'm not really sure what some of you are doing. It's optional for the most part too.  ( Personally, I can think of a number of smaller dedicated space combat games in which railjack does combat better too)

Warframe does Warframe well. It's still there if you want to go play the star chart. Railjack isn't taking that away, it's simply adding to it. 

I never said people can only play one game. But, there is only so much time in the day, so you still have to make choices. That's why there's competition between games, after all. You don't have to limit yourself to just one, but you also can't play every single one. Especially since so many games try to monopolize all of your free time these days.

DE added space combat to their game, so, inevitably, people are going to compare it to other space combat games. When you're looking for a game with spaceships, Warframe is now one of your choices. So if DE wants people to spend their valuable time on Railjack instead of any other game, they better be offering something really good. That's how competition works, after all.

Railjack being unfinished doesn't excuse anything, either. If DE knew it wasn't ready to compete, they shouldn't have put it in the ring. And, given their history, I don't have much faith that DE will ever properly complete it. Meanwhile, the rest of the game is also rotting away, because they don't have the resources to maintain all the crazy crap they keep adding. So yeah, Railjack is actually taking away from the core Warframe experience, too.

And on top of that, the other problem with trying to add new genres to your game is that you risk alienating your existing audience, too. Warframe was originally a 3rd person shooter, so that's the audience it attracted. But now, its also got space combat. So if you want to experience everything it has to offer, you better like spaceships too.

I also don't care who made what. Most gigantic "AAA" games these days are overpriced garbage, yet one of my favorite games of all time, Dusk, was basically made by one guy. Its not about the size of your studio, its what you do with it. Really, all a bigger budget means is that you have a bigger debt, and need to make your game even more profitable. But profitability doesn't come from fun, it comes from monetization. Like making your game inconvenient, then selling that convenience back to your players. So, in this era of microtransactions, bigger budget games are usually intentionally less enjoyable than smaller ones.

Basically: DE chose quantity over quality. Warframe's gameplay is a thousand miles wide, but only an inch deep. There are a million things to do in this game, but its all so basic and shallow that it gets boring really fast. DE has no focus, and Warframe is becoming a blurry mess.

On 2020-04-12 at 5:24 AM, Ham_Grenabe said:

No, but I do expect 7 years of experience to help deliver a far more complete and polished result than what RJ ended up being.

I doubt 7 years of experience will guarantee adding a completely new system perfectly considering warframe is a procedural map, ground based game at start unlike other games that add more of the same

6 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Basically: DE chose quantity over quality. Warframe's gameplay is a thousand miles wide, but only an inch deep. There are a million things to do in this game, but its all so basic and shallow that it gets boring really fast. DE has no focus, and Warframe is becoming a blurry mess.

I mean....what are you expecting? its a looter shooter. This isnt Skyrim. Personally, i find the modding system to have plenty enough depth. Its one of the few games where i can spend quite some time in an in-game simulation testing out builds. Railjack so far has a cool bit of depth to it too for a looter Shooter. The avionics, guns, intrinsics, etc. Its far more than i expected actually. 

It all adds up to be this huge looter shooter sandbox. I can log on and do multiple things. Years ago all we could do was log on grind the SAME EXACT VOID mission over and over. This was even before sorties. So i dont know what version of Warframe you liked, but this game has come a looooong way. It didnt lose any depth at all. 

Maybe to you WF shouldve stayed a corridor looter shooter...but its not going to. I personally, am glad we arent just getting 2 new weapons and some random mods for an update anymore, because that was getting boring. 

You claim DE has lost its focus, but its their game. Clearly they dont want to be rehashing the same corridor looter game. RJ is the result. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I mean....what are you expecting? its a looter shooter. This isnt Skyrim. Personally, i find the modding system to have plenty enough depth. Its one of the few games where i can spend quite some time in an in-game simulation testing out builds. Railjack so far has a cool bit of depth to it too for a looter Shooter. The avionics, guns, intrinsics, etc. Its far more than i expected actually. 

It all adds up to be this huge looter shooter sandbox. I can log on and do multiple things. Years ago all we could do was log on grind the SAME EXACT VOID mission over and over. This was even before sorties. So i dont know what version of Warframe you liked, but this game has come a looooong way. It didnt lose any depth at all. 

Maybe to you WF shouldve stayed a corridor looter shooter...but its not going to. I personally, am glad we arent just getting 2 new weapons and some random mods for an update anymore, because that was getting boring. 

You claim DE has lost its focus, but its their game. Clearly they dont want to be rehashing the same corridor looter game. RJ is the result. 

All that stuff you mentioned is exactly what I'm talking about. You can do a million different things, but none of it really matters. It doesn't matter how you mod your guns, or what avionics you put on your ship, because the gameplay itself is so shallow. Other than elemental damage, there is no reason to use different builds for different situations. Just building for maximum DPS works against every single enemy in the game, no matter what. There is no advantage to doing anything else.

Elite:Dangerous does its modding really well. There are tons of different modules for your ships, and they all have a purpose. Equipping all the lightest components sacrifices durability, but increases your jump range. Loading up with nothing but cargo racks makes you an excellent trader, but you won't have much durability for fighting off pirates. Etc. Modding in Elite takes thought, because everything has both a purpose, and tradeoffs. Modding in Warframe has neither.

It doesn't matter how much time you spend min/maxing all your stuff when every part of the game is just hold go and win no matter what. Seriously, how often do you actually fail missions? I do admit, Railjack is one of the only parts of this game that can actually offer any kind of actual challenge. But, that's only if you are playing it wrong, and trying to solo it. As long as you have at least one person to babysit your ship and glue all the holes shut, you'll never lose. And then its just as boring as any other part.

And that's really the way the whole game works. You could do it the "wrong" way to make things more challenging and interesting. But as soon as someone brings something overpowered and cheeses their way through the mission, it ruins everything. Like: Why actually play the Scarlet Spear missions when you could just use Limbo and basically turn off the enemies whenever you want? But, at that point, you have to ask yourself why you are even playing this game at all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

All that stuff you mentioned is exactly what I'm talking about. You can do a million different things, but none of it really matters. It doesn't matter how you mod your guns, or what avionics you put on your ship, because the gameplay itself is so shallow. Other than elemental damage, there is no reason to use different builds for different situations. Just building for maximum DPS works against every single enemy in the game, no matter what. There is no advantage to doing anything else.

Elite:Dangerous does its modding really well. There are tons of different modules for your ships, and they all have a purpose. Equipping all the lightest components sacrifices durability, but increases your jump range. Loading up with nothing but cargo racks makes you an excellent trader, but you won't have much durability for fighting off pirates. Etc. Modding in Elite takes thought, because everything has both a purpose, and tradeoffs. Modding in Warframe has neither.

It doesn't matter how much time you spend min/maxing all your stuff when every part of the game is just hold go and win no matter what. Seriously, how often do you actually fail missions? I do admit, Railjack is one of the only parts of this game that can actually offer any kind of actual challenge. But, that's only if you are playing it wrong, and trying to solo it. As long as you have at least one person to babysit your ship and glue all the holes shut, you'll never lose. And then its just as boring as any other part.

And that's really the way the whole game works. You could do it the "wrong" way to make things more challenging and interesting. But as soon as someone brings something overpowered and cheeses their way through the mission, it ruins everything. Like: Why actually play the Scarlet Spear missions when you could just use Limbo and basically turn off the enemies whenever you want? But, at that point, you have to ask yourself why you are even playing this game at all.

Wait... You're now comparing railjack to Elite Dangerous? Lol.ok. youre right. Railjack isn't as deep as Elite Dangerous. Shame on DE. They have no focus. 

I think you have to ask yourself why you're playing the game. I play it because I have fun and it doesn't cause me angst. Simple concept really. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

18 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Wait... You're now comparing railjack to Elite Dangerous? Lol.ok. youre right. Railjack isn't as deep as Elite Dangerous. Shame on DE. They have no focus. 

I think you have to ask yourself why you're playing the game. I play it because I have fun and it doesn't cause me angst. Simple concept really. 

I have been comparing it to Elite this entire time, I guess you just weren't paying attention. And the reason I am is because every time I play Railjack missions, I always find myself wishing I was playing Elite instead.

The ships fly so much better, the weapons are much more interesting, the enemies are actually tricky to fight, the customization is actually meaningful, Etc. Basically every part of Railjack's gameplay was already done better by Elite. Plus, there are so many other things to do with your ships in Elite other than just fighting basic boring enemies all the time.

If I want to play a high speed 3rd person shooter, I have Warframe. If I want to play a space sim, I have Elite. Why would I invest any time or money into Railjack when I have already been playing a far superior version of it for years? If DE wants me to play their version, there needs to be something that Railjack does better than Elite. And right now, there isn't.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

I have been comparing it to Elite this entire time, I guess you just weren't paying attention. And the reason I am is because every time I play Railjack missions, I always find myself wishing I was playing Elite instead.

The ships fly so much better, the weapons are much more interesting, the enemies are actually tricky to fight, the customization is actually meaningful, Etc. Basically every part of Railjack's gameplay was already done better by Elite. Plus, there are so many other things to do with your ships in Elite other than just fighting basic boring enemies all the time.

If I want to play a high speed 3rd person shooter, I have Warframe. If I want to play a space sim, I have Elite. Why would I invest any time or money into Railjack when I have already been playing a far superior version of it for years? If DE wants me to play their version, there needs to be something that Railjack does better than Elite. And right now, there isn't.

That sounds like a you problem, if a problem at all. I don't see anything wrong with playing other games if you're in a mood for that. Why would that be a wrong thing?

If that's the route you're taking, then:

- Why fight Eidolons and Orb mothers etc. when I can just go play Munster Hunter world instead or some other game that does boss fighting much better?

- Why do arena, index, if I can just go play Overwatch instead

- Why run around collecting resources and build stuff if I can just go play Ark, No Man's Sky or some other survival game

- Why bother with story quests if I can just go play The Last of Us or some other game that does this better.

- Why bother with Orb Valis and PoE if I can just go have fun in complex/huge open worlds like GTA

I'm sure several other examples would apply.

You're basically saying that DE should never add things like the list above, unless they are done better than AAA games that focus on those aspects, otherwise DE shouldn't bother. That makes no sense to me.

I for one like that Warframe offers variety in different activities to engage in, instead of just being a corridor shoot em up as it was originally.

DE aren't trying to replace or be better than other games that do that specific one thing better, they are just expanding the Warframe universe to give us different things to do.

Is that a bad thing? I think not, but hey YMMV.

Edited by Vit0Corleone
  • Like 1

People have so short memory here tbh. Or maybe just a selective memory I guess. Cant really get why people shield DE with their last three updates. The company isnt the same size, the game isnt on the same lvl as 7 yrs ago, comparing it is as bias as comparing Railjack as standalone to Elite (where you got the big nice space and static screens, no tenno in between, thats why I dropped it). 

The state in which Railjack was released wasnt even on beta test level. And no, DE dont deserve to be shielded for making fake promises and delivering like 5% of it and even the 5% was bugged to the point of being unplayable. Like endless warmhole loadings, doors not opening, objectives being broken, deathstars shooting ship destroying lasers through themselves (and this bug is still there), players despawning with crewships and being stuck in black/blue screen, people literally walking in space, railjacks turning invisible, new weapons being stuck and unusable, people losing rewards, intristics counter showing fake numbers, while DE went mia and didnt even bothered to answer for like a month...? Is this really something players deserved to "enjoy" after years of hyping it up and after the negative response they got for releasing like 20% of promised content of kuva liches (bugged as well). If you deliver the content just partially just make sure it at least works. 

Companies pay people to do this. To go through this. And if DE was interested they could just pick some people/fans from comunity to do this job and many of them would even do it for small tokens and exclusive cosmetics in game. 

So honestly? If Railjack was stand alone minigame or even just paid dlc, it would deserve same outrage as No mans sky it would be basically another video game fraud. I would ask for refund after losind my first set of rewards to endless loading.

The only reason why it got none is because the game is seemingly free. Even though most of us paid already more then for few (mostly working) full games while being treated with content barely on lvl of beta test with community girls saying they know players are disappointed so they got teams to make better updates and making Warframe great again (right before dropping Scarlet Spear which was just as bad as Railjack at its release).

Dont get me wrong. I love this game. Thats why I want DE to put their heads together and make it work. I dont really want to wait for several months before I can go through new content  without usual "bugs, bugs everywhere". Tbh cant even imagine how life on pc is since they usually start with even worse versions then consoles get. And honestly shielding this is just helping the devs to maje their next update even worse.

Edited by (PS4)danee_danee
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

That sounds like a you problem, if a problem at all. I don't see anything wrong with playing other games if you're in a mood for that. Why would that be a wrong thing?

If that's the route you're taking, then:

- Why fight Eidolons and Orb mothers etc. when I can just go play Munster Hunter world instead or some other game that does boss fighting much better?

- Why do arena, index, if I can just go play Overwatch instead

- Why run around collecting resources and build stuff if I can just go play Ark, No Man's Sky or some other survival game

- Why bother with story quests if I can just go play The Last of Us or some other game that does this better.

- Why bother with Orb Valis and PoE if I can just go have fun in complex/huge open worlds like GTA

I'm sure several other examples would apply.

You're basically saying that DE should never add things like the list above, unless they are done better than AAA games that focus on those aspects, otherwise DE shouldn't bother. That makes no sense to me.

I for one like that Warframe offers variety in different activities to engage in, instead of just being a corridor shoot em up as it was originally.

DE aren't trying to replace or be better than other games that do that specific one thing better, they are just expanding the Warframe universe to give us different things to do.

Is that a bad thing? I think not, but hey YMMV.

You're oversimplifying things. Its not about one single part of the game being better or worse, its the entire experience. Every game has both pros and cons when compared to other games. So you have to look a the whole thing to see which one is truly worth playing. And yes, a lot of that is subjective. But as long as the game offers something unique and worthwhile that you can't get anywhere else, then its probably fine. Like how The Surge is worth playing even though its a Dark Souls clone, because its sci-fi setting makes it unique in that genre.

And that's my problem with Railjack. It really doesn't offer anything that other games don't do better. The most unique part of it is being able to run around inside the ships. You can't do that in Elite, for example. But, to me, that doesn't actually make the game mode better. Fighting off boarders and invading enemy ships is just a super truncated version of the main game, and patching holes isn't exactly exciting, either. And most of the time spent between fights is just spent standing around waiting for looting, or for the owner to pick the next destination.

For me, one of the main things that has always kept me coming back to Warframe is the artwork. The graphics, the lore, the sound design, its all really good. I actually think that Warframe was one of the absolute best looking game out there for a while. But Railjack even falls short there. The Railjacks themselves are just ugly. The enemy ships aren't much better, even though I usually love Grineer designs. And the actual environments are so plain and empty. Only the new Sentient ships actually look nice.

The other main thing I have always liked about Warframe is the movement and agility. But, once again, Railjack ruins that, too. You can't exactly do much parkour inside any of the ships, other than maybe the larger space stations. The new archwing movement sucks, and constantly waiting on the blink cooldown to get anywhere fast is super annoying. And the Railjacks themselves are about as fun to fly as a brick with wings.

And, of course, Railjack has oh so many glitches, plenty of them game breaking. Like how I have never been able to use the side turrets, because the camera always breaks in some new and exciting way. In any other game I would expect things to get fixed relatively quickly, but DE never quite seems to get around to that with anything else in this game, so I am not expecting any better for Railjack.

Really, this wouldn't be a problem, because I can still just play the main part of the game. But every time DE releases a big addon like this, they force everyone to play it by making all the next parts of the game tied to it, like Scarlet Spear. And I know most of the New War stuff will require Railjacks, too. So if I want to keep playing new stuff, I have to play Railjack too, regardless of whether its actually fun or not.

• Like 2

First impressions are always important and Railjack unfortunately failed horribly on this one (overhyped and DE not communicated good enough to tell it won’t have X Features on release). Because of this a decent chunk of the playerbase is now skeptical that Railjack will succeed or now hate it with a passion or even want the gamemode to be removed (like Raids). 

As a standalone game in the current state and assuming it has no game breaking bugs? I would probably pay $10 for it (usually indie games are priced around this point) But there are other games that offers a lot more content in this price point. Terraria is a good example, Vanilla offers me around 50 hours of unique content in 1 play through assuming I am playing at a slow pace (20+ Bosses, 4 classes, hundreds of weapons) and not to mention it has modding support, making that number can go even higher. Railjack Standalone? Not so much considering it only has 1 mission type and absolutely zero variety and demands focus level of grind. I will probably quit and demand a refund in the first 5 hours.

Railjack in Warframe is forgiven for me because it has that space ninja feel and space combat arcade game mix.

1 hour ago, Teljaxx said:

Its not about one single part of the game being better or worse, its the entire experience

I'm confused now. Are you comparing the full Warframe experience with the full Elite: Dangerous experience?

I thought you were comparing just Railjack?

1 hour ago, Teljaxx said:

Really, this wouldn't be a problem, because I can still just play the main part of the game. But every time DE releases a big addon like this, they force everyone to play it by making all the next parts of the game tied to it, like Scarlet Spear. And I know most of the New War stuff will require Railjacks, too. So if I want to keep playing new stuff, I have to play Railjack too, regardless of whether its actually fun or not.

Hasn't this always been the case thou?

Plenty of people that don't like other specific activities could argue the same exact thing (Eidolons, Orb mothers, Scarlet Spear, Thermia Fractures ..  etc.. ). Plenty of different activities have specific rewards that you can't get unless you play them.

At least with Scarlet Spear, if you really can't stand the few minutes you have to spend on the Railjack jumping from Murex to Murex, you can always do ground squad and ignore all that.

As for Railjack being fun or not, I'm actually curious, because if you play Elite I would think you would find it at least enjoyable. Sure, it doesn't rise up to a sim level ( and it's not supposed to ), but "not fun" sounds a bit strange to me.

This is how I usually play it solo, and I have plenty of fun with it, even if there's not much of a reason to do it given the lack of purpose/rewards/progression past certain point:

I wouldn't buy it, i doubt i'd play it for free either tho. The little i have seen of it and experienced with my own leaves a lot of be desired for me to be interested in it. Im sure eventually it will become a passable part of Warframe much like Archwing did after a lot of iteration.

if it were a standalone game, we'd probably be calling it No Man's Sky 2, because it's a space exploration game that never lived up to the immense pre-launch hype. I wouldn't pay much for it, but then I'm a very cynical cheapskate who's been stung one too many times by the Game industry (I bought Anthem at Launch, that alone should tell you something). I think that just like NMS, the devs would be getting crucified across the internet by legions of pi$$ed off customers. at least we have a great foundation of a game to play instead of being forced into railjack (for now).

in it's current state, it would be a travesty. if we're talking a complete railjack experience - everything promised at TennoCon and more) - it'd probably be priced at about £20, though I think it would be more lucrative to adopt a F2P model in this case, and Monetize Rush Drones and cosmetics as the primary source of income.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I'm confused now. Are you comparing the full Warframe experience with the full Elite: Dangerous experience?

I thought you were comparing just Railjack?

Hasn't this always been the case thou?

Plenty of people that don't like other specific activities could argue the same exact thing (Eidolons, Orb mothers, Scarlet Spear, Thermia Fractures ..  etc.. ). Plenty of different activities have specific rewards that you can't get unless you play them.

At least with Scarlet Spear, if you really can't stand the few minutes you have to spend on the Railjack jumping from Murex to Murex, you can always do ground squad and ignore all that.

As for Railjack being fun or not, I'm actually curious, because if you play Elite I would think you would find it at least enjoyable. Sure, it doesn't rise up to a sim level ( and it's not supposed to ), but "not fun" sounds a bit strange to me.

This is how I usually play it solo, and I have plenty of fun with it, even if there's not much of a reason to do it given the lack of purpose/rewards/progression past certain point:

There is an important difference between Railjack and those other parts of the game you mentioned. Fighting Eidolons or closing Thermia Fractures still uses all the base mechanics of being a Warframe, just like any other standard mission or boss fight. But being a Warframe is a very small part of Railjack. Its mostly spaceships and Archwings instead, and all that works very differently from standard missions.

Not to mention how basically none of the items, mods, resources or anything else transfer between the two modes. Again, Fighting Eidolons or the Orbs or whatever lets you use all the weapons and Warframes you have collected throughout the rest of the game. But in Railjack, none of that really matters, because you spend most of your time controlling the ship or Archwing. Its not like you can equip rifle mods on your Railjack's guns, or equip avionics on your Warframe. Its all so isolated it may as well have been a different game.

Other than being the original topic of this thread, that's why I have been comparing just Railjack to Elite. Even though it may not actually be an entire standalone game, DE has basically been treating it as such. They created entirely new mechanics from an entirely different genre, and made an entirely separate economy from the main game.

Its not that I hate Railjack or anything. Its not really bad, its just boring. Every time I play it, I just end up wishing I was playing anything else. Usually Elite. It does nothing interesting enough to make it worth spending much time on, and I definitely don't care to play it enough to grind for all the good equipment. And, after that epic Tennocon reveal, and more than two years of development, what we actually got is incredibly disappointing.

• Like 2

I absolutely love Railjack but if it were released today in its current state as a standalone game it would have to be $5 to be a good deal and no more than $10 for anyone to buy it. Currently it's just a fun mode to hop in for a few hours and that's it, nothing more than a small indie game.

With that said I've probably spent 200h (over 2000 missions) in Railjack but that's simply because I love Warframe's combat and mobility system. I crafted 2x of every single Mk3 weapon from every house and so on. A fully modded railjack is lots of fun to play with. The mode introduced harder enemies that don't get oneshot, Pennant - one of the best heavy attack melees in the game and some new cool sabotage objectives. Also the sentient anomaly ship design is superb!

Edited by NoMoreFAIL

i already consider it a stand alone game.

it really has no connection to the rest of warframe at all. the gameplay is entirely different, the skill system is entirely different, theres no reason to play it (in the context of warframe), the forced "connection" to the world via scarlet spear is a complete failure.....

i could go on. but railjack is just plain and simple an unrelated idea for a different game thats been clumsily shoehorned into warframe. it feels completely and entirely incongruous with the rest of the game and the rest of the warframe universe. one would be better off to just pretend like it doesnt exist...as a lot of players already are doing.

• Like 4

On 2020-04-13 at 12:24 AM, 844448 said:

I doubt 7 years of experience will guarantee adding a completely new system perfectly considering warframe is a procedural map, ground based game at start unlike other games that add more of the same

That does raise the question (for me, at least) whether DE would have been better off filing Railjack away as "for another game, in another time." Spin off a dev team to start a new IP rather than dilute the core experience. There is most likely a reason other live-service games stick with their schtick.

At some point, someone needs to say "No" to the left-field ideas. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe