Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am disappointed and frustrated with warframe

Suanni

You know warframe game for 4 years I have bought all the prime acces except the one from Trinity and the one from Titania. I've even gotten almost every achievement in the game except for the 29-30 Mastery Rank and the Million Meter Fortune with k-drive.
In all this time it is very clear to me that Warframe is no longer the same as before, partly because it is as they always say changeable and partly because every time something is used moderately either a weapon or warframe it is either unnecessarily nerfed or the changes in game they cause something to become useless (I still remember ember's WoF changes before their rework).
Some recent examples are Limbo. The nerf of the sentients was really necessary to remove the freeze for that faction?
Vazarin really needs to have the only good thing taken from her.
The recent changes in the cracked disposition make me really laugh. All Zaws received the nerf hammer, especially the plague kripath and Plague keewar. And it bothers me the change in the paracesis, do they not take into account that it is a weapon that not only costs 1000 ducats to manufacture and the main plane is available once almost all the main adventures are finished?
But let's see other things that changed reduced the disposition of the fang prime and the wraith machete that uses those things for god's sake.

Should i stop playing uninstall it and move to another game? Or should I continue resisting in the hope that at some point they will listen to the community again?

I sincerely believe that you should abandon this game for all that it mentions and more.

• Like 43

1 minute ago, Suanni said:

Should i stop playing uninstall it and move to another game? Or should I continue resisting in the hope that at some point they will listen to the community again?

You should stop creating good memories that take place somewhere that is guaranteed to not exist is the near future. WF will die eventually, just like all free online games before it. I'm not saying you should stop playing Warframe, but you should move on and not be emotionally attached to something you cannot control in any shape or form, because the day you will never be able to log in again comes closer every day.

If you want to move on on to another game, make sure you can access its content forever as long as you have a working computer and electricity. LAN/online mode is just a bonus, if it has player hosted servers then it's a very big plus. For example, Red Alert 2 still has an active online and modding community, despite the death of Westwood Studios and the degeneracy of EA.

• Like 22

Nah, I enjoy the game.

If you think nothing will ever change in 4 years you're kidding yourself.

Melee weapons got an (almost) universal buff.  Ember can nuke whole rooms but you actually have to play her now.  Plague zaws are still op, even with riven nerfs (and I have good rivens for kripath and keewar).  Limbo is still op for SS, it just doesn't make the whole game afk.

It's an ever evolving game as it has to be.  The meta has to change from time to time or boooooring. 

If you want to play a game that has no evolution and is static, then yeah, maybe wf has run its course for you.  Or maybe you need to take a break.  A well worn line on these forums, I know, but possibly good advice nonetheless. 

• Like 33

i was beginning to feel this way too but then i just started focusing on stuff i did like about the game. right now it's down to the way fissures and relics work. if they change those in a bad way without adding something i like, then ill quit. i've been screaming they should work on fixing glitches, and work on pre-existing content since poe came out

• Like 1

Take a deep breath. 

Take a step back. 

And think things through. 

What is it that you are doing? Playing a game. 

Will it matter if you do not play it for some time? 

No it will not. 

Once you realise that it's just a game and you don't need to log in and play it all the time things become easier. 

Walk away let the frustration you feel run its course. 

If you then forget about the game then it was never worth it, if you come ba k you won't have lost much. 

Stop letting a virtual concept simulator dictate how you feel. 

• Like 8

Here's what I told an acquaintance of mine who just got divorce papers from his estranged wife.

"She's moved on, it's time for you to do the same".

Lots of games out there, go play another one for a year or two.

• Like 2

This is one of the few post's I have seen, I have been burnt out and frustrated by this game once and took 4 months off this game, dont be afraid to check other games or even hobbies, and I might take some time off again. We all need space from people to this, a game that continues to change for better or for worse.

If DE's ever gonna get out of their ruts of disappointing content, then way more stuff is going to have to change, I'm afraid.

DE's problem is that they've let the playerbase get too powerful for too little in-game effort. Yes, there's lots of investment in building to get there, but the amount of investment at any given moment-to-moment gameplay is minimal. CC spam turning off enemies, invisibility or functional-invincibility basically disabling the fail state of you dying and nukes... well, I don't think I need to really explain how infinitely-spammable, extremely high AoE damage for minimal input makes it a little difficult for DE to make interesting content.

If players are completely free to ignore content, then DE can't make good content. 

• Like 6

vor 1 Minute schrieb carrymaker:

I think DE nerf powerfull weapon cz for new war update for new content

hilarious 😄

there are literally hundreds of weapons strong enough for content above what the average player plays.

quest content usually doesnt even come close to level 100 and u can do that with literally 95% of the weapons in the game as long as u know how to properly mod.

aside of that: its much easier to just...i dunno....set the level of quest enemies higher than nerfing weapons for no reason....or in brammas case do justice and nerf it as its deserved.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Suanni said:

The nerf of the sentients was really necessary to remove the freeze for that faction?

You can still use Stasis to freeze Sentients, Limbo is still the best at CC for this event. The change made it so that repeated uses of Stasis on the same Sentients becomes less effective, so now that when you have them frozen you gotta actually do something with that CC and attack them, instead of just spamming 2+4 and doing nothing else.

I sincerely believe that you should abandon this game for all that it mentions and more.

If you no longer enjoy playing, the best thing to is use your free time for other things. If you're telling me to stop playing, then you're absurd.

Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Is the community trying to tear the game down or build it up? 🤔

Hard to tell honestly. At this point it seems like it would be impossible for the devs to release anything that won't result in weeks worth of rants and denigrating.

Seems like a losing battle on the forums.

Edited by Hypernaut1

14 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

The question should be answered by DE. Nerf hammers in just about anything is now a game design feature.

Sorry, I read this post and am in need of clarification. How would DE answer the question of whether the community tears the game down or builds it up? @Hypernaut1’s right; no matter the change, at the moment many people will find a problem with what DE does.

How do you propose DE solve this problem?

I am aware that you can only speak from your perspective, so I know I can’t take what you say as “The Solution”. I’m mainly curious about what your proposal would be, and look forward to insight into how you think 👍 

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

8 hours ago, Sovyul said:

WF will die eventually, just like all free online games before it.

I can't really think of many dead MMOs tbh. Hell, Everquest and Runescape are still alive. The only real MMOs that die are those online flash MMOs like adventure quest, but even that is still kicking.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lion said:

I can't really think of many dead MMOs tbh. Hell, Everquest and Runescape are still alive. The only real MMOs that die are those online flash MMOs like adventure quest, but even that is still kicking.

holy !@#, Adventure Quest. Haven't thought about that in years.

• Like 2

If you are looking to do anything not on DE's agenda, good luck. They are tryna indirectly force how we play, instead of embracing the diversity. If they did any sort of mathematical practice or allowed a select group of players to playtest for them, like the Design Council, then MAYBE we could fix up this mess, but it's obvious at this point that DE is flying by its seat.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Melee weapons got an (almost) universal buff.  Ember can nuke whole rooms but you actually have to play her now.  Plague zaws are still op, even with riven nerfs (and I have good rivens for kripath and keewar).  Limbo is still op for SS, it just doesn't make the whole game afk.

Such content

That is quite the rant from someone who has played the game for over 3100 hours already.

Nothing lasts forever. If you feel like you need a break from Warframe, take a break and return when new content gets released. That's how most of the people I play with do, and we've been enjoying the game since launch.

You sound like you just burned yourself out.

almost 50% of the players online playing atm are burned out. if 100% of those burned out players decides to quit or start playing other games warframe would have to be scrapped because the revenue would not support it by the  loyalists whom are here telling others that talks about the issues of the game, to go play something else.

how has warframe changed from its inception till now with the way you acquire gears and what is different now with how we develop and use them? there is none. couple that with lackluster events, broken lore, unrealistic time gating, silly nerfs and changes and the lists of negatives that is longer than the positives of the game. even when "new contents" are released (scarlet spear) it still suffers more intensely the very said ailments the players have been talking about for years. yet you get answers like this>>

59 minutes ago, CeePee said:

Nothing lasts forever. If you feel like you need a break from Warframe, take a break and return when new content gets released.

• Like 2