Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suanni

I am disappointed and frustrated with warframe

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'd like to see parts of those things. I dont mind PoE and Fortuna as islands, they work well that way. Scaling rewards? Depends, I'm not gonna sit through an hour or more in defense for worthwhile rewards. So it depends what you mean by scaling rewards. More in depth missions, sure, that would be cool, but kinda not the priority for the genre or very fitting for a horde shooter. I mean we had more in-depth missions with mechanics, like Exploiter Orb and Ropey, neither were recieved very well since it wasnt mindless shooting. The only thing that could make PvP better would be to remove it and not waste more resources on it since it will never have true dedicated servers nor will it be able to support a decent number of players. It will forver be a small scale arena crapfest, something I just dont touch.

The biggest issue is that people are more interested in straight up S#&$posting and complaining, otherwise we'd see far less reee threads in general and far more constructive posts/threads in feedback. But it is easier to go to general and complain, since then you can complain a second time later down the line about how DE doesnt listen.

It honestly feels like the player base is turning on DE for no apparent genuine reason. Like people just want the game to fail and chomp at the bit to bash it. Forcing themselves to play, just to come to forum to hate on it. Or maybe they think threatening DE will force them to bow to their will and buff their favorite frame or something. At no point in Warframes history was it not grindy, have bugs or just minor activities added on top of being a basic looter shooter. 

Warframe started off barebones. Players loved it, didn't rage. Warframe has clear meta where 1 or 2 loadouts was seen in every mission, people loved the game, didn't rage. Warframe adds buggy personal ship, people didn't rage (there were complaints but not this level of bashing) Second Dream is so buggy, I logged on and had operator customization screen before doing mission...we waited for DE to fix, didn't bash, Syndicates released not half as complex as was talked about, players still played it and didn't rage. Raids were always buggy and weird, people criticised it, but none of this DE is horrible, nonsense. AW was buggy, quirky and many didn't like it, but we still weren't denigrating the devs over it. The forums were in a far better state. It wasn't the end of the world. RJ was far more polished in comparison. 

Warframe to me, seems to be doing better than it's ever been doing. I really don't get why people are so giddy to post falling steam numbers, calling for people to be fired, claiming the game has gotten horrible last 2 years, etc. 

What game were you guys playing? I don't see any tangible way that this game has gotten worse. Not the grind, not the bugs, not the activities, not the balancing. All I see are rants against things for not being absolutely perfect or for not fulfilling (short sighted) wishlist of a vocal minority. 

It really feels like as the game has gotten more popular it's begin to develop this community of players that will bash EVERYTHING no matter what. They will pick any flaw and race to forum to make the next popular rage post. Liche stabbed my guy, run to forum, skip the feedback, "DE is disrespectful!! They never listen to us it. Burn the game down. Fire everyone!... Like and subscribe! " They complain about grind no matter what. That seems to be the most popular go to post... In a game about grinding. 

Anyway....I just don't get people that claim Warframe has become a mess these past few years, yet still continue to play just to complain about next update. 

50 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Warframe to me, seems to be doing better than it's ever been doing. I really don't get why people are so giddy to post falling steam numbers, calling for people to be fired, claiming the game has gotten horrible last 2 years, etc. 

What game were you guys playing? I don't see any tangible way that this game has gotten worse. Not the grind, not the bugs, not the activities, not the balancing. All I see are rants against things for not being absolutely perfect and fulfilling (short sighted) wishlist of vocal minority. 

The only difference I've seen since I started playing in 2017 is that in 2019 DE dedicated alot of time to QoL changes and updates to old tiles. But what game doesnt hit that point in time where that is needed? It has to be done at some point. Blizzard dedicated a whole expansion for it, but since WF isnt a b2p or sub based game that option isnt there, so it needs to take the time to do it where and when it is possible. I see more updated tiles for this year along with other releases.

Repatativeness and grind seems to have been part of WF since the beginning, I dont think it ever was inteded as a deep game with intricate missions and stories around every corner. It is the game it is, based on the genre it belongs to it does exactly what it should. I'm also not really understanding the people that praise Plague Star (or even worse Fractures) and complains about Scarlet at the same time as something more repetative or grindy than the other two. Neither do I really get the complaints around liches as they are now (aside from those wanting it as part of railjack, as I do aswell) or the people complaining about RJ not being what it was show when we arent even at that point of the release yet. It is like a large part of people complain based on their own idea of what the game should be, not based on what it has been or what it is, not how the devs want it to be. Like those people that keep bringing up the tennocon video over and over while ignoring everything between that video and the release of railjack.

Alot of it seems to come down to complaining and hating for the sake of complaining and hating. Maybe it is the new thing these days that is popular and in.

vor einer Stunde schrieb SneakyErvin:

Repatativeness and grind seems to have been part of WF since the beginning

2014 here, it is true to some degreee but farmign was always reduced to a limited time and numbers, warframes, 4 parts, drop on one boss, back then the drop was not even 100%, it dropped from the boss itself. so you had to hope to get any at all, was changed drasticly and drop made higher and grind reduced, same for other things.

The problem is not a grinding game being grindy but rather how the gridn is introduced and changed, they came far to make RNG a good expereince in most parts, but then they go back to things like Rivens, or even Railjack parts having RNG stats, on top of things like Lichs being RNG ontop of RNG.

They laers of RNG and grind is the problem, not the grind itself, eather to mayn layers ro to often the same thing over and over, the SS event should not be just one repetetive mission type as example, even with sort fo fixed creditsa and a shopw, RNG still screws it up due the Relay oftens bugs out and leaving people without bonus or even not giving any credit at all. While a boss you have 4 parts, you grind it till oyu have the frame, end of story, repetetive yes but a boss is less repetetive then what we have recently.

The presentation is the prbolem, Warframe changed from a hoorde shooter to wantign ot be story driven with the second dream and war within, then quests got dropped seemingly for other frames, then it wanted to be a space shooter with Railjack, we were literally promised with this event the "battle of endor".

The promises, recent updates, how eahc grind seems to get worse and worse, that is what turns people of, not the grind itself. I not midn grind, but it puts me off if i can't do it in my own pace like lets say Nightwave or limited Events overall if to short, this one is atleast long but not helps how the mission never changes, this was in development 2 years for god sake, no suprise people are pissed, we could had atleast expected different mission types in Railjack. And they presented it that way also.

Railjack itself is another example, it takes way to long to get anywhere, farm the resources which are another new resource because they feared older palyers can skip to much. They have desperate attempts trying to make things grindy for unnecessary reasons, look at uselss resoruces that are used for only ONE thing then got forgotten immdietly. Javlok Condensatorsand Orokin Ciphers, why as example are those not simply needed for Railjack? Would makem ore sense to farm those without having to introduce another pointless bunch of resoruces which probably never gonna be used in the future again because Railajck failed so hard for alot of people.

And yes some people have fun with Railjack before you say any and i not mind them and let them be, but most arguments come down to, "but it makes fun with friends", and why? Because everythign makes fun with friends, Fallout 76 also makes fun with friends. Does this make it good? No.

People raise there voice because they are tired of them going back and forward, but then weh just whine and complain, yet feedback not even gets noticed, we have to get loud ot get attention, this is what it coems down to by today simply, alot people seen the game evolve more then 2 years and are worried simply. Defending them over and over and staying nice won't get us anywhere anymore, this is how it is.

I've been playing this game almost non-stop since the year it launched (in fact, a few months after it launched). There were times when I stopped and played other games, but I always come back and noticed that the changes/updates were mostly nice. I don't play any other game now except WF and I am generally happy. Having said that, I absolutely hate it when DE nerfs stuff that doesn't need to be nerfed or could've had a better work-around to the problem. Instead of "penalizing" our characters. They should adjust from the end of the "enemy" or the mission. If Chroma is getting too "strong" for eidolon. Then make the eidolon stronger or more resistant. And so on and so forth. Don't take it out on the characters the players have invested time and effort on. DE should focus on balancing rather than nerfing. You don't penalize the class genius for being who she or he is, right? You just give him or her better challenges to hone his or her skills or natural talent. Nerfing is the realm of the lazy and unimaginative.

On that note: I haven't played a single second of Scarlet Spear. Played a mission or two of Railjack (I spent more time building it than playing it). I just find them so boring than the actual trailer months ago. It looked promising, but the execution fell short. What I did is just farmed the kuva weapons and did Nightwave and other normal WF stuff.

vor 21 Stunden schrieb jumbomikehotdog:

If Chroma is getting too "strong" for eidolon. Then make the eidolon stronger or more resistant.

It makes him to mandatory i say, but i agree on the nerfing stuff, i rather tho if they increase its difficulty maybe if they do such, bring other frames also up and make them useful you know, desing the boss around each frame individual simply. Let Nyx take over a limb and let i smash its own face, let Limbos rift let it destabilize and for it harder to move and do its attacks, let Frost freeze his feet on the ground so it can't move, let Ash cut his vines so one arm is disabled, etc.

Most bosses are fine for most frames but Eidolosn and Profittake are to specific i say, this is not end game as some say, i say this is simply limiting our options and variety, this is what i hate most about those bosses, i am forced to use a certain frame, team and weapons. This not an MMORPG with the holy trinity seriously. Just make the frame useful and stand out more instead of puking them out like a machine gun, i like conepts i really do but we have enough frames, it is time to balance the frames and boss fight to make them stand out.

4 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

2014 here, it is true to some degreee but farmign was always reduced to a limited time and numbers, warframes, 4 parts, drop on one boss, back then the drop was not even 100%, it dropped from the boss itself. so you had to hope to get any at all, was changed drasticly and drop made higher and grind reduced, same for other things.

The problem is not a grinding game being grindy but rather how the gridn is introduced and changed, they came far to make RNG a good expereince in most parts, but then they go back to things like Rivens, or even Railjack parts having RNG stats, on top of things like Lichs being RNG ontop of RNG.

They laers of RNG and grind is the problem, not the grind itself, eather to mayn layers ro to often the same thing over and over, the SS event should not be just one repetetive mission type as example, even with sort fo fixed creditsa and a shopw, RNG still screws it up due the Relay oftens bugs out and leaving people without bonus or even not giving any credit at all. While a boss you have 4 parts, you grind it till oyu have the frame, end of story, repetetive yes but a boss is less repetetive then what we have recently.

The presentation is the prbolem, Warframe changed from a hoorde shooter to wantign ot be story driven with the second dream and war within, then quests got dropped seemingly for other frames, then it wanted to be a space shooter with Railjack, we were literally promised with this event the "battle of endor".

The promises, recent updates, how eahc grind seems to get worse and worse, that is what turns people of, not the grind itself. I not midn grind, but it puts me off if i can't do it in my own pace like lets say Nightwave or limited Events overall if to short, this one is atleast long but not helps how the mission never changes, this was in development 2 years for god sake, no suprise people are pissed, we could had atleast expected different mission types in Railjack. And they presented it that way also.

Railjack itself is another example, it takes way to long to get anywhere, farm the resources which are another new resource because they feared older palyers can skip to much. They have desperate attempts trying to make things grindy for unnecessary reasons, look at uselss resoruces that are used for only ONE thing then got forgotten immdietly. Javlok Condensatorsand Orokin Ciphers, why as example are those not simply needed for Railjack? Would makem ore sense to farm those without having to introduce another pointless bunch of resoruces which probably never gonna be used in the future again because Railajck failed so hard for alot of people.

And yes some people have fun with Railjack before you say any and i not mind them and let them be, but most arguments come down to, "but it makes fun with friends", and why? Because everythign makes fun with friends, Fallout 76 also makes fun with friends. Does this make it good? No.

People raise there voice because they are tired of them going back and forward, but then weh just whine and complain, yet feedback not even gets noticed, we have to get loud ot get attention, this is what it coems down to by today simply, alot people seen the game evolve more then 2 years and are worried simply. Defending them over and over and staying nice won't get us anywhere anymore, this is how it is.

But you are talking as if nothing has been changed while both railjack and liches have had their grind massively reduced. RJ got it reduced to the point where there is no reason to farm for a Vidar Reactor once you've gotten one. Zero actual incentive to min-max. Liches are also so very simple to max out now, you may hit the rough spot once in a while with larvas not wanting to come with the weapon you want, but it is still trivial content that takes a minute or so to complete per run for that specific weapon. Regarding rivens I'm all fine with them being RNG heavy, they are highly optional items and the only real endgame chase we have. They've already been made quicker to reroll since Kuva is far quicker to get.

I'm also curious what your pace is if you think NW somehow alters that pace. 2-3 hours a week to complete a full week of NW is as casual as it can get when it is also doable in most content we already run. The few things that sent us to specific parts are now reduced to mostly single runs. Also, Scarlet Spear wasnt in development two years. New War was, when it was just a cinematic quest, which they changed the heading on during 2019. Assets in SS have surely been ready, but the setup has very likely changed since it was no longer a cinematic quest only. And sure, we could have hd more mode sin RJ, but why bloat a new system and introduce even more bugs that are also harder to pinpoint the more things you add in one go? I would have loved to see liches in RJ at release, but I figured they didnt want two systems causing bugs or hiding bugs for eachother, so we got them seperated. Plus it would have likely split the focus of the players, so no proper testing would have been made on either. Too much to do at once is as bad as too little to do. I think RJ as a test was pretty spot on with content since it let us go from space to ground and do different objectives independent of eachother. And since all missions were heavy on the space combat part that also got tested as much as possible.

I enjoyed railjack without friends.

What does it help to get loud on the wrong forum section though? DE rarely reads it. That is like standing in a soundproof room yelling when you wanna get heard, it is pointless. And we dont know if feedback gets noticed, they simply just dont like the ideas so dont implement it. What do people want, personal PMs or answers to every single feedback post they make? Yeah, lets waste DE's resources on that so a few people will feel acknowledged! Ree ree ree you arent releasing stuff fast enough or of the quality I demand, but please do take your time and resources and answer my posts plox! Is there any company that every does such a thing? I remember that ghostcrawler from Blizzard did it a few times, but that was like in one feedback thread out of a hundred that it happened. And then there were the guys at gazillion that just liked to talked in general, but talking doesnt get things released.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Warframe got a whole lot better/generous very soon with a drive to retain the existing player base and capitalise on the increased numbers on steam as more people stay at home and play video games. Bad sentiment is the last thing they want at this time.

21 hours ago, Sovyul said:

yeah i know what you meant, i was hoping for a joke tbh

anyhow, let's forget this ever happened

Curtain closed. 😂

6 hours ago, jumbomikehotdog said:

Played a mission or two of Railjack (I spent more time building it than playing it). I just find them so boring than the actual trailer months ago. It looked promising, but the execution fell short.

Its one of those things of "Its one thing to watch, its another to do it".

Like seeing Youtubers playing G-Mod having a laugh as how much they try to screw each other over... and when you try with your own friends and... its not a much.

On 2020-04-11 at 10:59 AM, Suanni said:

You know warframe game for 4 years I have bought all the prime acces except the one from Trinity and the one from Titania. I've even gotten almost every achievement in the game except for the 29-30 Mastery Rank and the Million Meter Fortune with k-drive.
In all this time it is very clear to me that Warframe is no longer the same as before, partly because it is as they always say changeable and partly because every time something is used moderately either a weapon or warframe it is either unnecessarily nerfed or the changes in game they cause something to become useless (I still remember ember's WoF changes before their rework).
Some recent examples are Limbo. The nerf of the sentients was really necessary to remove the freeze for that faction?
Vazarin really needs to have the only good thing taken from her.
The recent changes in the cracked disposition make me really laugh. All Zaws received the nerf hammer, especially the plague kripath and Plague keewar. And it bothers me the change in the paracesis, do they not take into account that it is a weapon that not only costs 1000 ducats to manufacture and the main plane is available once almost all the main adventures are finished?
But let's see other things that changed reduced the disposition of the fang prime and the wraith machete that uses those things for god's sake.

Should i stop playing uninstall it and move to another game? Or should I continue resisting in the hope that at some point they will listen to the community again?

I sincerely believe that you should abandon this game for all that it mentions and more.

So your biggest problem is balancing?

i disagree but that’s me. Having only 3 best guns and 1 best frame sounds bad to me. 

If you want a game with out these problems find any dead game that gets 0 updates. I’m sure a few have 1 completely broken build that won’t ever change.

the game is not doing well,it used to be in top 5 on steam for years,now its the 17 with the new update.And as a closed beta player that grinded and payed platium for all of the arcanes i wanted i feel like i got slapped in the face with the new change and basically making me farm again for every arcane i have.No thank you DE,i immediately got discouraged of playing the game after realising this even though i have a lot of time on my hand with the lockdown,i will not take part in this idiotic grind that i already did long time ago.

I think you are just complaining about the riven disposition change since the disposition of ur favorite weapon is lower now.

Players are leaving fast. I personally do not care to hear about the next update (I expect the next update to be another round of frustration). I rather hear about how to fix this fundamentally broken game.

1 hour ago, Invincible.Jupiter said:

Im seriously interested in tomorrows live stream because they are on the verge of losing this game.

No need to wait for tomorrow. The stream earlier this morning enough to give you the glimpse of their attitude with the situation.

The summary is, "You being vocal, you wrong, we right".

Just watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h79hBPvpbc&t=3673s at 1:06:20 min

Im sensing alot of tension in every community stream from home so far, it like non of the devs want to work with one another, is it just me?or??

Min'na ganbatte!! Everything that is coming to you right now (community backlash) you'll overcome it eventually. Ganbatte!!

...I don't think gratuitous Japanese is going to help keep people's spirits up. 

I don't find this comment constructive in any way. People feel a certain way and have that right to voice their concern. If anything it shows the extent of how much they care about the company and wanting Digital Extremes to succeed. Voicing concern, and being constructive with the comment, isn't inherently negative.
You can frame your comment like this; I think you should show your support without lowering the concerns of others to something to be overcome rather to use in future comment.

23 minutes ago, Inspector said:

I don't find this comment constructive in any way. People feel a certain way and have that right to voice their concern. If anything it shows the extent of how much they care about the company and wanting Digital Extremes to succeed. Voicing concern, and being constructive with the comment, isn't inherently negative.
You can frame your comment like this; I think you should show your support without lowering the concerns of others to something to be overcome rather to use in future comment.

If he is expressing the way he feels through this thread by supporting DE, then his comment is as equally valid as “constructive criticism”.

1.  The implication that his comment and enthusiasm and show of support is somehow detrimental and counter to the criticisms DE has received is false.

2.  You can support DE and even be enthusiastic when times are challenging them AND still be very critical.  I’ve been that player.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

If he is expressing the way he feels through this thread by supporting DE, then his comment is as equally valid as “constructive criticism”.

1.  The implication that his comment and enthusiasm and show of support is somehow detrimental and counter to the criticisms DE has received is false.

2.  You can support DE and even be enthusiastic when times are challenging them AND still be very critical.  I’ve been that player.

As someone who has been very disappointed in the last 6 months of warframe but doesn't want to quit the game. 

This is what I'm doing. 

I used to buy evey prime access. Now I judge DEs past 3 months to make that call. ..  if they release good content.  I'll buy the PA   .  If not I don't. .

Needless to say I didn't buy  Titanias PA.

So basically vote with your wallet.   But hopefully DE can't get more money out of me.   But not for a while. ..

26 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I don't think anyone saying "try hard" in another language is being constructive, if so I'd like to know how you see it that way. To me being constructive quite literally means making something of the content to the context. Quite literally gave none. Didn't say what was being done right etc.
Imagine someone coming up to you, after you made something and only adding "Good job." How? In what way? See how that adds nothing?
I am glad you aren't binary in being enthusiastic and critical but it doesn't add anything to the argument. I can be civil or non-civil and give content which may change how approachable what I am saying is but doesn't add anything to what I am saying. 

On 2020-04-18 at 10:03 PM, Inspector said:

I don't think anyone saying "try hard" in another language is being constructive, if so I'd like to know how you see it that way. To me being constructive quite literally means making something of the content to the context. Quite literally gave none. Didn't say what was being done right etc.
Imagine someone coming up to you, after you made something and only adding "Good job." How? In what way? See how that adds nothing?
I am glad you aren't binary in being enthusiastic and critical but it doesn't add anything to the argument. I can be civil or non-civil and give content which may change how approachable what I am saying is but doesn't add anything to what I am saying. 

“Your initial response to his is completely useless and adds nothing when it comes to teaching me how to become a an Award-winning Chef who specializes in French Cuisine.”

It May be “true” but it has nothing to do with the content of the OP’s thread in GENERAL DISCUSSION.

1.  This is not Feedback.

2.  If you had phrased your response differently without using a non-applicable declarative to frame OP’s thread as invalid, I wouldn’t have responded.  It’s possible to have a DIFFERENT view without making his input “wrong” and your’s “right.”

You are banging your head against the wall with this in an attempt to hijack the discussion and invalidate OP’s input.

There is no need to do that.  Be upset.  Give input.  Everyone knows DE is facing challenges with player discontent.  But don’t let your negative emotions/upsets spill over ONTO Pagerager.

Even you and I can disagree, and paying players who care like you (?) and I are the life-blood of Warframe.

OP’s thread may just be an emotional “pep talk” representing how he feels, but let’s respect it.

Let him have his “William Wallace” moment to address the troops...or “Nobunaga” if that is a more appropriate reference.

It's hilarious and kind of sad that some posters think so much of their hate they simply cannot abide a thread that praises.

It's a F2P game that no one forces anyone to play, yet some people act like they have been jilted by a cheating spouse because a game that's free to play is simply no longer their thing...and it makes them so mad that others actually enjoy the thing they now hate...like an ex-GF/BF...fascinating...