Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I am disappointed and frustrated with warframe

Suanni

With three down and one to go,

Now that we have been given Railjack, the kuva lich system, and squad link, with only the new war still to come, which was given a 2019 Christmas release date,

We now can honestly ask ourselves. Can we trust anything shown off at Tennocon anymore?

With everything they have shown off and told us was coming, even going as far to ask the community team to the stage to “play” a “live demo” , somehow not represent a finished product, how are DE going to get people hyped for things to come in the future. If everything is either late, missing things that were promised or completely different?

Even the New war has gone from being promoted as the next story cinematic quest, to apparently starting when Railjack was released. And being drip feed to us over the year…

So how do you feel about Tennocon Hype, from what was shown to what we got. ?

• Like 8

On 2020-04-18 at 9:50 PM, pagerager153 said:

Min'na ganbatte!! Everything that is coming to you right now (community backlash) you'll overcome it eventually. Ganbatte!!

I dont like NW...and never will. I have opinions like everybody else.

В 13.04.2020 в 21:02, Hypernaut1 сказал:

It honestly feels like the player base is turning on DE for no apparent genuine reason.

Most people just can't formulate true reason of their discontent and burning outs and attack on local things (all sorts of last straws, different in diffrent cases).

Core reason as I see it: 

Too little things now demand any effort in game (expect some cruely timely grinds in unpolupar modes) -- crowd control and pure dps of players so overboard, that even chance of failure of missions mostly lost. Rewards aquired without too much trouble worth less in some sort of inner scales. Sense of achievment deluted. Ironicly, people love to clear rooms as fast as possible, even strive to do it, wasting money on rivens and so on. BUT! This is what blacklashes them later.

You can compare it to fastfood. People mostly love it, its easy to become addicted, But in the end, this is bad sort of food for health.

If game were more difficult, it will be healthier for it in long run. But market aiming mostly in paying casuals, who need instant gratification (and little of trouble for their egos) to keep spending, this to expent infuencing whole disign conception. Conception breeds this innate "agression",

Edited by le_souriceau
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, MPonder said:

"player base is turning on DE for no apparent genuine reason", kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Well they do. Criticism is one thing, going rabid based on six months of content out of 7+ years is another.

People have been straight up toxic based on 2 releases really. Throwing out things like the devs being incompetent or worse. If people would tone down that side of their arguments I think DE would actaully like to listen. I wouldnt listen to that type of people either if I had a product that had steadily grown over the years and then hit a rough patch for a while. I would however listen to those that could actually criticize the rough patch and point out what was done wrong and how it could be improved in a civil and constructive way.

I wonder how long it will take before we enter CoD territory of toxicity, where the rabid loudmouths will make death threats aimed at the devs based on a nerf they didnt like. Currently I wouldnt be surprised when that happens based on how certain parts of the community behaves.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I wonder how long it will take before we enter CoD territory of toxicity, where the rabid loudmouths will make death threats aimed at the devs based on a nerf they didnt like. Currently I wouldnt be surprised when that happens based on how certain parts of the community behaves.

that has happened already. Wast tolerated though and swiftly dealt with. 

• Like 1

On 2020-04-16 at 8:41 PM, Invincible.Jupiter said:

Im seriously interested in tomorrows live stream because they are on the verge of losing this game.

Pretty much. 

I think that DE must focus on something else, it is time to move towards a new project. If they are interested in closing this game with a good note, at least they can fix the performance of the game and the bugs in it. Leaving a good performance on Railjack and working on the conclusion of the lore could provide or alleviate the bad weather they had and save face for their new beginning. 

DE is burned out with the project. They need to seriously take a break and understand what they did. Maybe their last efforts can place the franchise in a good note. 

3 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

Most people just can't formulate true reason of their discontent and burning outs and attack on local things (all sorts of last straws, different in diffrent cases).

Core reason as I see it: 

Too little things now demand any effort in game (expect some cruely timely grinds in unpolupar modes) -- crowd control and pure dps of players so overboard, that even chance of failure of missions mostly lost. Rewards aquired without too much trouble worth less in some sort of inner scales. Sense of achievment deluted. Ironicly, people love to clear rooms as fast as possible, even strive to do it, wasting money on rivens and so on. BUT! This is what blacklashes them later.

You can compare it to fastfood. People mostly love it, its easy to become addicted, But in the end, this is bad sort of food for health.

If game were more difficult, it will be healthier for it in long run. But market aiming mostly in paying casuals, who need instant gratification (and little of trouble for their egos) to keep spending, this to expent infuencing whole disign conception. Conception breeds this innate "agression",

call me a conspiracy theorist, but i believe its just people jumping on the bandwagon and parroting streamers. I still cant fathom how people were calling SS a big grind. i dont understand how a fan of WF could consider one of the most generous events ever, to actually be the worst. It HAS to be people blindly parroting streamers that make sensationalist " This new update is worst EVER. watch my video now to see why!" videos and people eating it up. Its basic criticisms of WFs base gameplay, thats been that way forever. They are like a like a pied piper. "lets all hate any form of grinding now! and blame the devs" and its just snowballing. Its to the point where peoples MAIN criticism of Empyrean is that its not exactly like a trailer from 2 years ago. Its reaching to find something to complain about. 

This is why i feel DE stressing "great first impressions" is not really a good sign IMO. If "great first impression" is going to mean, log on, earn all rewards quickly and easily...then WF is going to fail. WF always starts off with a huge grind, then the marathoners try to break content, then DE makes adjustments. If you dont want to be in that first wave, DONT PLAY the first week. 

WF will become like fast food if the devs make "great first impression" mean everything is cakewalk easy so everyone's happy. Because once you start off too generous, you really cant go backwards without making even more people upset. 

Edited by Hypernaut1
  • Like 4

On 2020-04-11 at 1:59 PM, Suanni said:

You know warframe game for 4 years I have bought all the prime acces except the one from Trinity and the one from Titania. I've even gotten almost every achievement in the game except for the 29-30 Mastery Rank and the Million Meter Fortune with k-drive.
In all this time it is very clear to me that Warframe is no longer the same as before, partly because it is as they always say changeable and partly because every time something is used moderately either a weapon or warframe it is either unnecessarily nerfed or the changes in game they cause something to become useless (I still remember ember's WoF changes before their rework).
Some recent examples are Limbo. The nerf of the sentients was really necessary to remove the freeze for that faction?
Vazarin really needs to have the only good thing taken from her.
The recent changes in the cracked disposition make me really laugh. All Zaws received the nerf hammer, especially the plague kripath and Plague keewar. And it bothers me the change in the paracesis, do they not take into account that it is a weapon that not only costs 1000 ducats to manufacture and the main plane is available once almost all the main adventures are finished?
But let's see other things that changed reduced the disposition of the fang prime and the wraith machete that uses those things for god's sake.

Should i stop playing uninstall it and move to another game? Or should I continue resisting in the hope that at some point they will listen to the community again?

I sincerely believe that you should abandon this game for all that it mentions and more.

This is the time when you have to open your horizons towards other game or another pencil of games. Yes, nothing will feel the same. Warframe will not go away either but it is time that you try games like Titan Fall 2, Horizon Zero Dawn, Shadows of the Colossus, God of War IV if you are interested in melee top quality game mechanics. There are many quest games like FEZ that worth a revisit or many other great games out there. 

It's not the end but you have to start walking the mile and be more flexible with your mind. Warframe will not go away but we got used to it way too much. We have to put it aside and move on. Our time is done. We will come back soon to get our mastery ranks and conclude the game. It was not a bad game at all. No other game provided so much fun but everything comes to an end because such entertainment consumed the purpose. Not everybody reads the Calculus book three or four times expecting a better performance in math. You have to try abstract algebra, differential equations, differential geometry, number theory and get good with Measure theory. You will have a new round of fascination. When you come back to your old book, you will enjoy it for what it was and how your mind got impacted for the first time. 

DE knows that they are about to lose the game. Are they worried? Maybe, maybe not. Are they passionate about it. At this point they seems frustrated. I think they must do what you are doing. Take a long hiatus and then conclude it, close it and enjoy something else. Many of us, veterans do that. It works. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Well they do. Criticism is one thing, going rabid based on six months of content out of 7+ years is another.

People have been straight up toxic based on 2 releases really. Throwing out things like the devs being incompetent or worse. If people would tone down that side of their arguments I think DE would actaully like to listen. I wouldnt listen to that type of people either if I had a product that had steadily grown over the years and then hit a rough patch for a while. I would however listen to those that could actually criticize the rough patch and point out what was done wrong and how it could be improved in a civil and constructive way.

Be delusional all you want, you see complaints even before railjack, liches and Scarlet, with things like, no endgame, content drought, lack of difficult in content that are done with just horrible RNG or Gates to keep people playing it, no sustainability, content islands.

The last three things had a lot of problems that people you could see complaining about times 100. (expect for the Whiteknights cultists that's what make most of this forum)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MPonder said:

Be delusional all you want, you see complaints even before railjack, liches and Scarlet, with things like, no endgame, content drought, lack of difficult in content that are done with just horrible RNG or Gates to keep people playing it, no sustainability, content islands.

The last three things had a lot of problems that people you could see complaining about times 100. (expect for the Whiteknights cultists that's what make most of this forum)

Maybe we outgrown the game. It is time for us move aside and let the new blood test the game. I'm a veteran and the best thing I had was the discovery of many great games out there. I started playing many games before Warframe and many other games after Warframe. 

Critiques are not going to change DE's fate. The only ones capable of changing their fate is DE. If they flop we pick another game. If they survive we stay with them until the game dies out of age. When that happens we will pick another great game. It's just how the market is. 

• Like 2

Honestly Warframe is a mess right now. They keep trying to imitate AAA games such as AC with the parazon, Shadow of War with the Kuva Lich and now taking space battles from the ps2 SWBF2 for railjack. If I wanted to play those games I'd play them. I dont want to play a second rate version that adds in a bunch of grind. 

• Like 6

Am 13.4.2020 um 16:02 schrieb Hypernaut1:

It honestly feels like the player base is turning on DE for no apparent genuine reason. Like people just want the game to fail and chomp at the bit to bash it. Forcing themselves to play, just to come to forum to hate on it. Or maybe they think threatening DE will force them to bow to their will and buff their favorite frame or something. At no point in Warframes history was it not grindy, have bugs or just minor activities added on top of being a basic looter shooter. 

Warframe started off barebones. Players loved it, didn't rage. Warframe has clear meta where 1 or 2 loadouts was seen in every mission, people loved the game, didn't rage. Warframe adds buggy personal ship, people didn't rage (there were complaints but not this level of bashing) Second Dream is so buggy, I logged on and had operator customization screen before doing mission...we waited for DE to fix, didn't bash, Syndicates released not half as complex as was talked about, players still played it and didn't rage. Raids were always buggy and weird, people criticised it, but none of this DE is horrible, nonsense. AW was buggy, quirky and many didn't like it, but we still weren't denigrating the devs over it. The forums were in a far better state. It wasn't the end of the world. RJ was far more polished in comparison. 

Warframe to me, seems to be doing better than it's ever been doing. I really don't get why people are so giddy to post falling steam numbers, calling for people to be fired, claiming the game has gotten horrible last 2 years, etc. 

What game were you guys playing? I don't see any tangible way that this game has gotten worse. Not the grind, not the bugs, not the activities, not the balancing. All I see are rants against things for not being absolutely perfect or for not fulfilling (short sighted) wishlist of a vocal minority. 

It really feels like as the game has gotten more popular it's begin to develop this community of players that will bash EVERYTHING no matter what. They will pick any flaw and race to forum to make the next popular rage post. Liche stabbed my guy, run to forum, skip the feedback, "DE is disrespectful!! They never listen to us it. Burn the game down. Fire everyone!... Like and subscribe! " They complain about grind no matter what. That seems to be the most popular go to post... In a game about grinding. 

Anyway....I just don't get people that claim Warframe has become a mess these past few years, yet still continue to play just to complain about next update. 

There is a group of youtubers who constantly stir up drama to get viewers. I think it started back last summer when we hadn't much content for about 3 month. Now they are bashing other youtubers, encourage their viewers to xxxxpost on reddit etc.. Some of them got the partner status denied and now they want to see DE burn.

Edited by Prexades
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Philogosten said:

Honestly Warframe is a mess right now. They keep trying to imitate AAA games such as AC with the parazon, Shadow of War with the Kuva Lich and now taking space battles from the ps2 SWBF2 for railjack. If I wanted to play those games I'd play them. I dont want to play a second rate version that adds in a bunch of grind. 

But you don't need to pay for all of them. Warframe gives you something for FREE. 

And we hurt them because is not how we like it? Really. This is why the Warframe community is about to die. This is exactly why. 

• Like 2

il y a 58 minutes, Prexades a dit :

You are at the cause.

You better read that one right, which I did not the first time and I was a bit lost. But indeed those so called "content creators" are awefull. They make me sick, watching their videos is a pain. I do not watch them because I'm masochist but to have a better understanding of the situation and it is clear at this point that those guys are the fuel of the bashing train. 

Edited by HexOmega111x
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-11 at 12:10 PM, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Melee weapons got an (almost) universal buff

That almost is how "FuN" they are to try and use combos with now. Or how "fun" the VFX are to look at. 

Every game dies, yes, but in terms of melee combat, Warframe looked at the footpath, stepped over a pothole, and then consciously chose to slam its foot down on a rusty metal spike jamming out of the highway asphalt, with the goal to intentionally contract Tetanus.

• Like 1

8 часов назад, Hypernaut1 сказал:

Сall me a conspiracy theorist, but i believe its just people jumping on the bandwagon and parroting streamers.

Because once you start off too generous, you really cant go backwards without making even more people upset. 

While some streamers/youtubers serve as benevelent force, many of them just cynical leeches attached to this or that project, who do anything for views, only difference is what is hotter demand -- unrelenting hype, fanboi praising or bandwagon of low-quality critics. There frustration with game and localy SS quite obvious and, again, cynical -- not so much to show (in terms of viewer retention) on good side, so they in chagned boots for "critic" mode now to keep their revenues. This is, in rude terms, pure media prostitution. You can expect if WF gets worse (god forbid), many of so called content creators (who were considered partners and friends of game) will gladly betray DE and jump on corpse to feed with great appetite. 

Do people parrot them? Well, to some degree. But people even without streamers have their concerns (and rightfully so). This too things just dengerously resonate. Like provocateurs in angry mob.

While I personaly see this "arcane generosity" of SS as grave mistake, some slack here can be given. DE were very desperate to hold players during carantine time, give them something to do and also motivate them to grind. They done this very crudly and literaly sacrificed whole reward layer of arcane/eidolon system for this. Its more thing of buying time, than any disign sense. And they will pay for it in long run, loosing player play-time in Plains and generating more balance tension.

Ironicly, more easier they make things (or possibility of skip grind and take reward), more voices about "content drought" on their backs. And you very right about no "backwards" with this.

Far less people will now want to grind arcanes "old way". Once market consume cheap ones, people start to agressivly whine "Where is SS again, we need more free acranes too". 

Edited by le_souriceau

11 hours ago, Zimzala said:

The game is, in fact, F2P and no one forces anyone to play it.

Acting like you are in a bad relationship and making wild accusations and slinging hyperbole just because you no longer enjoy playing a F2P game, is not constructive feedback...

Best comment I've seen 😉 

• Like 2

Interresting how the topic of someone simply wishing a dev team the best turned into.... this here.

Thats a little bit like a gift card where someone writes: "Happy Birthday, all the best" and that kinda stuff, and people come in and write things on it like "why dont you just die?" or "Man go to hell" and the likes on the gift card.

Really interresting to observe, and even harder to understand the logic about this for me... i for my part stated often enouth with what i do agree and what i dont agree what the Dev team does. Still wouldnt just write on a gift card like that, i would just write anything on it, or write my own card (topic in forums) about my complaints (like i did often enouth)

There are enouth complaint threads in the forums, just go there...

Oh, and of course there are also some feedback threads with suggestions to the problems as well of how it might be done in a way that would be more acceptable

• Like 1

They need to to better than work hard (it's hard to tell if you are being literal or not) .

I don't think anyone considers DE as lazy, the term I would use is poor at management - both time and resources. 

As someone had said earlier they don't seem to be budding the game for the community, they seem to be building the game for themselves and hope the community likes it. 

The last few updates has shown that most on the forums do not. 

29 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

As someone had said earlier they don't seem to be budding the game for the community, they seem to be building the game for themselves and hope the community likes it. 

Interesting perspective 🤔 It echoes a sentiment I’d felt as well.

Personally I have no problem with that. I stand in front of myself as an opinion in support of it, and I’d like an alternative take in search of food for thought.

My interpretation of this quoted bit is that you speak as if this is a bad thing (I could be wrong). What’s your thinking on the matter?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Felsagger:

But you don't need to pay for all of them. Warframe gives you something for FREE. 

And we hurt them because is not how we like it? Really. This is why the Warframe community is about to die. This is exactly why. 

I not say it is correct how some people can be very toxic but it cuases reactions then never been heard for years over asked feedback they did ask for.

Making it free not makes it ok and jsut accepting to repeat the same mistakes over and over.

If i gift you a car that is totally broken and not able to drive you still should be happy thne becuase it also is free? Or rather angry that i dumped this infront your hosue to get rid if it more likely.

DE lately clearly shows this they there own project gets to much and they get sick of it, movign from one content to the next without evne giving Warframe a identity anymore, it was ninjas in space, now we have Tony Hawk wannabe K-Drive, space combat not fitting very well with the rest of the game, both Archwing and Railjack, they wanted ot be stroy driven with quests, then dropped them again, Simairs Research or certain Lore never acknowledged anymore, Leviran i can promis won't last long, same for Nightwaves poor battle pass excuse with lore no one asked for sicne it also not leads to anything or affects the rest of the game.

DE has no focus, and people are angry and unsure what game it wants ot be now, jumping all over the place and this way yes, drawing in new players but also loosing alot, the bad introduction to anything in game outside of forcing you literally to camp the wiki and google is not good, they need to adress old problems and stop new content for now, eather way they loose players anyway, but worst content are those content islands i say, they need to stop this. With Railjack it is far worse for older players simply becasue you have to start from new like everyone else now, your mastery points mean nothing to it even, with newer gear i got atleast starting mod points with the MR, daily cap raised to farm, other caps to farm, it was aminor advantage but not much, but Railjack not cares if you are MR3 or MR29.

I am not talking about veterans but simpyl people which loved this game for years, only now to realize you not matter anymore, and yes newer players are improtant for income, but if DE not changes old stuff aswell soon, especialyl putting any explanations in the game like a warning from ordis or a popup leadign to a tutorial about lichs so people not get stuck with one as example, they will loose mroe then just one side of the groups, because then both old players and newer ones will leave.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Personally I have no problem with that. I stand in front of myself as an opinion in support of it, and I’d like an alternative take in search of food for thought.

My interpretation of this quoted bit is that you speak as if this is a bad thing (I could be wrong). What’s your thinking on the matter?

Personally I’m all for them making the game they want because at the end of the day if I don’t like it I won’t play it. But warframe was founded off our ideas together.  DE and the community they fostered over the years. It feels. Quite odd to not have a feeling that the community isn’t as big in the vision as it once was

On 2020-04-18 at 9:28 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

If he is expressing the way he feels through this thread by supporting DE, then his comment is as equally valid as “constructive criticism”.

1.  The implication that his comment and enthusiasm and show of support is somehow detrimental and counter to the criticisms DE has received is false.

2.  You can support DE and even be enthusiastic when times are challenging them AND still be very critical.  I’ve been that player.

Agreed 

11 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Oh its not necessarily bad, it is a viable strategy. If you have the resources to waste behind failed launches. I do not know about the monetary results of the last few launches so I cannot be certain.

But the good will with the community  has definitely eroded a bit in the forums, 

there is only so much spaghetti that can be thrown before the wall is too wet to hold anything.