Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best warframe Your option

i would say gara
the 90% dmg reduction is so good at defending

the wall skill is nice but it break way too fast at high level
since it can't absorb damage like frost ice globe

i kinda like how you can refresh the duration of your 2 on allies by using your 4
i use this alot in oplink space mission to lower the dmg from sentient laser beam

Edited by .OwOkin.
  • Like 2

I personally grade all frames on a scale of 1-5 over 4 catagories: survivability, damage output, crowd control capability, and group buffs/utility. Now damage output is a little funky when you mix weapons and buffs, so I focus on the abilities capability to deal damage in that regard. I also wholeheartedly agree that the best crowd control is death. But for the purpose of this grading scale, I ignore that sentiment. A lot of frames excel at one area but lack in another, and even then excel at certain situations/mission types then others.

There is one frame, while not the absolute best across the board, has a solid 4 in across most of these catagories, which, imo, no other frame has, and can perform well enough in any mission type if you use their abilities correctly.

In my opinion the best all round frame is Nova (Prime), specifically with a good Slowva build.

Survivability: At 200% duration, which you build for anyways, you get 90% damage reduction with her Null Star ability. Couple that with Adaptation and shield gating, and you got one tanky girl. She can survive well enough to go pretty far in kuva survivals, arbitrations, the high end levels of Scarlet Spear.... While it isn't the absolute best (compared to abilities that completely negate damage like invisibility frames, or Harrow's 4) it will still get you far. Her augment for her 4 will allow you to keep this up easily as long as you keep using Molecular Prime consistently and stuff dies by you or your team.

Damage Output: This is the one where I would put to a 2 or 3 on the scale. Since the capability to slow with Molecular Prime is capped at 75% with 145% power strength, so many, myself included, only mod for that much str. That leaves the damage output from her abilities lacking in the higher levels. But to get around this.... bring a big gun/melee. <-- more on this later...

Crowd Control: Being able to slow large portions of the map with Molecular is an invaluable tool in Nova's kit. While, granted, sometimes it is better to run a speedva build to speed up the kill rate to make some missions (i.e. defenses) go by faster, I find the speedva build struggles more in higher level content as speeding up enemies also makes them deal damage faster, which is something you do not want in late game scenarios. Slowed enemies are a lot easier to kill and they have a harder time dealing damage. Enemy being a tough nut to crack? You have all the time to line up a head shot. You also, in a roundabout way, also reduce damage to your teammates and defense objectives as enemies fire/melee slower. But since it doe not 100% stop enemies in their tracks, like Limbo's Stasis or Frost's Avalanche for example, it can't get that 5 in my book. The best? No. But still really good in just about any situation.

Team Buffs/Utility: Molecular Prime has one more trick up its swiss army knife sleeve: all enemies gain double damage dealt to them from all sources. Again, not the best group damage booster (compared to the likes of Harrow's 4 crit buff, Banshee's Sonar, Octavia's Multishot buff with her 3...), but still really good, and it stacks well with any other damage boosting buffs and effects the team has at their disposal.

So take a strong weapon, pop your Null Star, and use Molecular Prime often, and you have a tanky frame able to dish out some some great damage with her weapons, while buffing her teams damage output and increasing their survivability in just about any situation.

The only scenario I can think of where she can't perform well is spies, but even then, as long as you keep out of sight, you can use her teleporter to get through laser gates easily, so even her weakest scenario, she still has a trick to get by. 

Last note I want to touch on with her: She is very good in just about any team composition. I use her a lot when joining public matches in tough content as I know she will be able to cover whatever weakness the group may have. She pairs well with any team, anywhere, and always has something to offer to get stuff done.

P.S. That all said, I do not main Nova, nor is she my favorite. That title belongs to Chroma, my heavy melee bruiser cruiser.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)saturn-Chrono said:

Just wanna know what do you think the best all rounded waframe is.

Then best for survive, defense, spy etc.

Loki

Survival - Loki

Defense - Loki

Spy - Loki

Etc. - Loki

and on some special events the best is....Loki.

Nuff said. 😛

• Like 3

If it weren't for Index/Railjack/Lich/Arbitration/Eidolons/Scarlet Spear exceeding his kit, I'd say Hydroid.
It it weren't for other players and nullifiers, I'd say Limbo.
If it weren't for so many obscure re-spawn points, I might say Zephyr..

So essentially who ever is most universally useful.. and since CC gets ignored and gated by mechanics, it comes down to who can face tank as a weapons platform, or deal so much scaling DPS that a weapon or tanking is inconsequential. Chroma, Nidus, Saryn, Gara, Ivara, Nezha, and Mirage, all tend to lead the pack, as they scale best in ways that others don't. (Mag's good, too.)

The least played frames tend to focus on healing, brief damage reduction for damage reduction's sake, crowd control/stagger/knockdown, and slower more complex play styles. Reason being, they're a direct hit to performance and drop rates, and offer purely stylistic choices with little to no mechanical nuance in game to make them anywhere near as appreciable to a party by comparison. ...There are no circumstances in game where being slower and weaker are a significant benefit to the party. Personally, I see that as an oversight, but I would since I main Hydroid.

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, kapn655321 said:

If it weren't for Index/Railjack/Lich/Arbitration/Eidolons/Scarlet Spear exceeding his kit, I'd say Hydroid.

...Poor Hydroid.

Really needs a revisit, how they managed to make a Squid(?) Pirate that clunky is beyond me.

10 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...Poor Hydroid.

Really needs a revisit, how they managed to make a Squid(?) Pirate that clunky is beyond me.

He was originally made to have the most Endurance, when an endurance meter used to exist. ...His niche is wars of attrition. However. power creep did it's thing, and he's way behind it. He's plenty capable, uniquely versatile, and extremely maneuverable in many circumstances, (but certainly not enough) and I'm personally glad he hasn't just gone the way of Speedyboi DPS Facetanking.. but it's almost inevitable that he will eventually.

I've spent probably 150 hours on proposals for Hydroid reworks, enemy types and interactions, events, etc. that would make him and other CCs valuable in their own right.. but that's a whole lotta work for a niche that will always be considered questionable. =/ Whatchya gonna do, ya know?

Edited by kapn655321
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

I've spent probably 150 hours on proposals for Hydroid reworks, enemy types and interactions, events, etc. that would make him and other CCs valuable in their own right.. but that's a whole lotta work for a niche that will always be considered questionable. =/ Whatchya gonna do, ya know?

Honestly my only major complaints about Hydroid are his 2 and 3 being clunky and not having any synergy with anything else.

His 1 just needs something to make it more accurate, otherwise it is like most 1 abilities in the game, overshadowed but otherwise harmless.

His 2 is like a worse version of Revenant's Reave, I can't even figure a good time to use this other than MAYBE to get down a hallway a bit faster it doesn't do (much) damage and using it to move or knock back enemies is just not worth it.

Undertow...just what the hek were they thinking with that one, it's like...they wanted a stealthy assassin move and a defensive invulnerability move, glued them together and then forgot to make it actually do either of those things well.

Lastly the Tentacle Swarm is a solid (if sometimes irritating when it flops living enemies around while people are trying to shoot them) AoE CC and the augment gives it a nice in-theme loot boost.

I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to make his 2 and 3 useful though, those are currently on the same level as Chroma's 1 on the "Wha?" scale.

56 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Undertow

That's my favorite move in his whole kit. It enables him to have clutch stealth and evasion.. which is the whole reason he's so versatile, in spite of his CC being so poorly programmed for. It also Synergizes in the respect that all other abilities can be cast from within it.. not to mention, it's the only move he has with any decent damage scaling.

• Like 1

I'd probably go with Mesa, and not just because of peacemaker. I really like the stun from her 2, and the DR from her 3 is really good. Plus with the augments for her 2 or 3 you can have even more cc. 

Edited by Miser_able

It is imho Gara overall(there are situations where the frame doesn't shine). I hope it will stay like that as most players do not have clue how her kit works. Spoiler alert everything about this frame is busted to its core. AoE clear in insane range, lvl5 liches mobs np everything dies instantly, as you run around it incenditaly one shots heavy gunners lvl120, bombarbs, containers as well because why not. You can't die because for some reason of top of it you have 90% damage reduction and screen wide CC on demand as well :). However power has a cost, minmaxed builds are forma intensive and you need a dedicated melee for her kit with extra formas, a riven with bad affixes for general use, etc... Pretty much luxury stuff. Ah yes, as the frame is already heavy on defense you can easily throw in energize and even consequence without too much consequences :).

Mesa don't come even close to gara in overall clearspeed and tankyness. Peacemaker has even limits in single target for sentients, In murex after wave 3, you'll kill more easily high lvl battalysts and whatever with normal playstyle... Mesa is however easier to use, less convoluted and doesn't need edgy melee rivens to be fully optimised. I played a lot of mesa in the past, it has a good ratio forma/endo > power but the frame isn't by any stretch what I'd call the best warframe.

Edited by Galuf

Nyx is my main. Only top elite player can use Nyx and be effective at playing any and all content. For example bring a any other main user to Nyx and they will fall flat on their faces.

200.gif

Edited by kwlingo
  • Like 1