Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remodel Aksomati Prime. With all due respect, the aesthetic doesn't make sense.

Maxim_M_Payne

Time to really hurt myself, since the awful auto-balancing of light/forced-in adaptive exposure that Deadlock Protocol added: I'm gonna go to a tileset with drastically fluctuating light conditions, like Derelict and see if Akso Prime looks any better or if it gets worse.

nAl5ZUo.jpgThe single good thing about forced adaptive exposure is that it's confirmed to me that this is a genuinely poor design, not just a lighting or perspective issue. With the weird random highlights of autoexposure making these pistols glow like a hi-vis vest, I can unfortunately fully appreciate just how clumsy and oversized Akso Prime looks.

Back to gathering screenshots of even very tiny details of Soma Prime to further cross-compare why Akso Prime doesn't look like a part of the same weapon family; and to making further art of what I would have accepted in place of Flowerzilla here.

Wow you really put effort into this.
Overall I like the new design, but it's too big. And the front decoration is stupidly large.
Making the model smaller and replacing the flower with the original's wing things would be fine to me. Not sure if it would look like Soma's partner, but at least I would like it more than the non-prime variant.

Aksomati is my preferred secondary too. It wouldn't have bothered me that much if at least it kept the original design, but they gave it Ivara's theme. What does Ivara has to do with Aksomati? This has happened before and much worse with Silva & Aegis Prime. This should stop. We liked Aksomati because of it's original design, not because of the totally unrelated Ivara, and it applies to any weapon. Don't change the theme of something that already has a playerbase.

1 hour ago, BasKy said:

Wow you really put effort into this.
Overall I like the new design, but it's too big. And the front decoration is stupidly large.
Making the model smaller and replacing the flower with the original's wing things would be fine to me. Not sure if it would look like Soma's partner, but at least I would like it more than the non-prime variant.

Aksomati is my preferred secondary too. It wouldn't have bothered me that much if at least it kept the original design, but they gave it Ivara's theme. What does Ivara has to do with Aksomati? This has happened before and much worse with Silva & Aegis Prime. This should stop. We liked Aksomati because of it's original design, not because of the totally unrelated Ivara, and it applies to any weapon. Don't change the theme of something that already has a playerbase.

I don't know why but with newer Prime Access, DE thinks that the Prime weapons need to match the Prime Frame they come with. I'm personally getting pretty tired of it. Primes in general have lost their genuine Orokin style. This just tells me that to DE, a Prime is just something with Gold. A real Prime has Orokin heritage. What we got now is just fancy variants of Warframes. I will always point back to Vauban Prime Access. That is how it's supposed to be done. A nice crisp looking prime with 2 weapons that look like they came from an Orokin armory. This whole thing of making Prime weapons look like they were grafted from the Prime warframe needs to stop. Prime Accessories is another story for another day.

Drawing a good middle ground of default Akso and Soma Prime is admittedly taking longer than I thought, but bumping again. I am not letting this topic get deleted, the present design fails to fulfill the bare-minimum of sleekness and actually elegant Orokin details that I expected.

These are my favorite dual pistols. I am never going to accept that their alleged technological ancestor was this clunky hairdryer-mass banana-rang.

• 2 weeks later...

BiCzsu9.jpg

Not much to show so far, but this is partially because this is the last one of four or so drafts, as you can probably tell by the smearing.

I think I'm approaching something that blends the form language of default Aksomati and Soma Prime together nicely, and if nothing else even this 1/3 done version still looks less bizarre and inelegant than what we currently have. That such is the case should be cause for alarm, I am an exceptionally bad artist.

I agree with the request, It's just way too clonky in comparision to the regular version, also not Metalic Enough. The end product looks less exclusive and expensive than the regular variant. Which is the precise opposite of how Prime Variants are made. Honestly The game needs a small model update, updating the colourmaps and the look of several older models. But for now Aksomati Prime should be fixed asap. It's just too bulky

Generally my idea on how to quickly adjust the design would be changing the front Flower thing to rather be made of metal, in the rough shape of the original and change the finger guard to look a bit more like the normal version.
I mean, kind of an A****** move to be sure, expecting a change to an already existing design. Still, I think it would be an Improvement and It would be really nice if anyone from DE kinda responded to the criticisms in this thread.
Sorry for the problems

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize for the delay on this, I went through literally eight pages front and back of printer paper exploring different shapes before finding a wing-crest around the barrel that both meshes with the silouhette of default Akso's wings while simultaneously looking Orokin; all without crossing the line into over-the-top-spikiness-or-angularness like some recent Primes come dangerously close to.

Reaching that middle ground took a while, but the drawing will finally be finished within the week at the latest; since the barrel wing-crests are the detail I was most paranoid about nailing my own mental expectations of.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm going to be honest, while I may have completely stopped playing Warframe due to the utter nightmare of the past few years' asinine, forced-in control and gameplay changes, to say nothing of bad graphics alterations; even all that is not enough to stop me trying to improve this weapon design.

There are so few things that were required to make this pair of pistols cohesive with general Orokin aesthetic, default Akso, and Soma Prime; and yet they just aren't there. 

I may seriously doubt that I will ever touch or boot up Warframe again, and I have zero desire or incentive to play right now. 

But, nonetheless, in the unlikely event the game is ever playable or even fun again, rather than a seizure-inducing blob of bad pet-projects duct-taped together, I am going to keep making the Akso Prime I expected and wanted; instead of this floral disappointment that we got even before we received the further disappointments that finally made me close shop and quit a once-great game. 

UgIyTId.jpg

Take note of the Imgur URL name of that sketch, if you can see it. That's my feelings toward Warframe right now; outside of improving from the weird Prime design we got for my favorite pistol instead of something sleek.

• 4 weeks later...

cDqo01Y.jpg

I know what you're all thinking: "That's it? Multiple weeks, despite your clear passion for making this a sleeker design than the weird jellyfish-hairdryer-flowers we got, and this is all you've made?"

That's my thoughts to myself too. I present a counterpoint: Let's see how motivated any of you are to improve a design for a weapon in a game you no longer want to play. Even finding the will to continue this drawing has been difficult; especially when games like Guild Wars 2 have been holding genuinely FUN Halloween content, without ripping out everything that made me enjoy them as games in advance of one of my favorite holidays.

By contrast, the hopes I had that Melee 3.0 (and Warframe as a whole) would return to the fun that was present under Melee 2.0 died last Halloween. The Old Blood crushed the tiny spark of passion I still had into disillusioned cinders; and as of the past few months, I finally lost the will to play at all. 

Forcing on auto-exposure, and giving the in-mission and end-of-mission UI displays possibly the worst UI overhaul in the history of video games, were the two concrete straws that broke my ever-weakening camel's back. A game that had already stopped being fun became unbearable to even look at.

But I'm going to step on it. I am going to refine this awkward, clunky, chunky, un-appealing gun; because frankly, Aksomati Prime's current look (and current stats) are perfectly emblematic of what Warframe's become: over-hyped, over-rated, and not remotely the pretty or fun thing that we used to have/still expected. It's an expectation falling short like nearly everything else these last two years. It's the gun version of Melee 3.0; and a quick scroll through my profile will tell you that I never would use that as a complement.

I've literally stopped playing, that's how little I can enjoy Warframe anymore. But I will make these machine pistols look as sexy as they were meant to be. And I'm going to do it out of spite. Or maybe, just mourning for the game we used to have and the work I thought would go into this weapon. 

All other goals, all other interest in this sci-fi universe, has, for the time being, faded for me. All I am now is my loathing for the pistol design we got and my sadness for the experience of Tenno-hood we lost. But that's enough to fuel me.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you tried digital drawing? I made this for you using exclusively the mouse, mostly with the line tool. It's your design, I added some things with the hope it gets your inspiration flowing.

l1f9xaJ.jpg

The Krita file In case you want to use it, it has separated layers and all. I might make a design of my own for the fun of it, but I've been working on something else for quite some time, Warframe related.

@BasKyThe darned thing is, the course I was getting ready to take at my community college prior to the pandemic was a stepping-stone pre-requisite to a rendering and digital art program at university. COVID shut that down quickly. 

The doubly ironic thing? I decided to forgo the semester to safely isolate, followed every protocol, limited my social interaction, and I still caught the blasted virus.

If I had the knowledge or the tools, I would absolutely be doing this digitally. Like I said above, my chief issue is motivation, and my lack of belief DE will even listen to... ...well, anything, anymore.

They didn't revert the new UI after backlash about it being confusing and forcing players to toggle through even more of the hidden menu B.S. that's become a plague on UI screens. 

They didn't address anyone who honest-to-god preferred everything about Melee 2.0, or even gave us the option to retain the control scheme and Stance combos that were sincerely more fun. 

They haven't added the toggle for Adapative Exposure back into graphics, and now its constantly forced on; and pretty much everyone has been posting how this turned lights vomitously bright and shadows seizure-inducingly flickery. 

They still haven't fixed metal being grotesquely oily plastic that doesn't render right; even though metallics have been bugged graphically since Saint of Altra as an update.

I'm regrettably doing this drawing by hand. 

But, nonetheless, I'm just so mad and frustrated with DE's total radio silence on the game going downhill, despite criticism upon criticism from the community that's compounded alongside the increasing problems brought by these the past three years, that I'm finishing the drawing and posting it anyway. With cross-comparison to Soma Prime and its default design. With NOTES.

I don't believe DE acts in goodwill, reads the forums, or even cares about their game anymore. I doubt they'll take the time to even fix a frankly ugly gun design that looks nothing like it's part of a cohesive set. But I'm finishing this thing just to spite the total apathy they've shown players and the steady decline in gameplay and graphical quality across Warframe as a whole.

hace 13 horas, Maxim_M_Payne dijo:

If I had the knowledge or the tools, I would absolutely be doing this digitally. Like I said above, my chief issue is motivation, and my lack of belief DE will even listen to... ...well, anything, anymore.

For tools you need a mouse and Photoshop, Krita is a free alternative equally capable. You don't need to study, I didn't. It's just a bit of practice so give it a chance. I can't help you with the motivation tho, I do it because it's fun so that's enough for me.

And yeah I hope the designers consider what's been talked about here. I never thought they would revert the design honestly, or give us a flower-less Aksomati Prime. But maybe we can prevent future primed weapons to have their themes changed

• 3 weeks later...

I mean, im no fan of jellyfish either... BTW got the aksommati prime, lvled it, and sold it only based on it's looks. Back to My Kuva Twin Stubbas it is xD

(Not saying it's bad looking, just that it isnt my cup of tea. Art Team at DE, keep up the good work ^^)

Archived