Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, A Request: An Actual Lobby For 'key' Missions

MrCranky_BR

A humble request, DE: (is this UI or gameplay?...idk)

With all the new content that uses the KEYS feature, we need a rework of the lobby/matchmaking system, specifically for KEY missions (Void, etc.) Here's a few things we could use:

1. The ability to use matchmaking (with location and ping limit filters) to form squads for KEY missions; now I don't know the first thing about this, but here's an idea:

Say the player activates a Void Tower II Defense Key. If the game mode is set to ONLINE, then this Void TII D mission becomes available for matchmaking; much like what happens after a player clicks one of the locations on the star map.

Then, what happens is: there is an interface where any player can click Void Tower II Defense, and the matchmaking will search for active open missions of that type, using the appropriate filters: location, ping limit, etc. Now, obviously, this interface only allows the SEARCH of an active key mission, not the creation of a lobby.

This way, all those players that like to hand-pick their squads through chat or contact list still can - by using the PRIVATE mode. And all those players who simply want a random squad can get one, without spamming the chat box or gambling with Ping issues. Everybody is happy.

2. Maintain Squad Lobby after Key mission is complete. This is pretty straightforward. After completing any Key-activated mission, all players should be sent back to the squad lobby, not disbanded. There, they can select new keys or regular missions, or CHOOSE to disband. Simple, but this would be a tremendous improvement for our UI/matchmaking and our quality of life in game.

That's all for now, folks. Sorry for the long post. Comment away...

Cheers!

Question on this subject that I feel ought to be discussed.

I've been entertaining the idea that void missions might cost every participant a key. (This would naturally come with an increase in key availability to compensate.) How would you guys feel if you had to pop one of your keys to get to a void mission map where you could select your void mission in the same way that regular missions work. (Among other things, this would mean that you could select which kind of void mission you got to do.) Your key wouldn't be consumed until you entered the mission, naturally.

This would also reduce the number of unique void keys down to three, (one for each tier,) which would clean up the key UI for when more keys are implemented.

Not trying to derail the topic or anything, I just think this is the next logical step when talking about void lobbies. 

Question on this subject that I feel ought to be discussed.

I've been entertaining the idea that void missions might cost every participant a key. (This would naturally come with an increase in key availability to compensate.) How would you guys feel if you had to pop one of your keys to get to a void mission map where you could select your void mission in the same way that regular missions work. (...) 

I wouldn't mind that at all. Anything that cleans up the UI and facilitates gameplay is good on my book. But I anticipate a lot of people would rage about it. So is the effect of change for many a player out there: rage-inducing.