The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should all warframes have built in energy regen?

6 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

running the zenurik tree is almost a requirement for alot of heavy power use frames, so what if everyframe had basic energy regen? Maybe each frame has a trigger tongain a spike in the regen rate that coincide with their gameplay.

Or we could get some more efficiency mods

Definitely. Why not to simply add energy regen?

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

Streamline + Fleeting Expertise not enough for you?

I find sacrificing duration to be too much for my taste. We need more efficiency corrupted mods like

1. + Efficiency - Strength

2. + Efficiency - Range

• Like 15

having Regen by default means Abilities are again on Cooldowns, it doesn't encourage good types of play. as an exception it works for Archwing because of the scale of spaces traversed and the much lower overall Stats.

there's a lot of tools available thesedays to get extra Energy if the baseline isn't cutting it. it's up to you to be responsible enough to pick them.

11 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

I find sacrificing duration to be too much for my taste.

if you're seeking Duration on a Warframe, you're going to already have Duration Mods in the first place, and dramatically reducing the Costs of the Abilities means you're not actually losing anything overall anyways since a shorter Ability just means Casting it more, which is exactly what you're already reducing, Casting Costs.

Edited by taiiat
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

having Regen by default means Abilities are again on Cooldowns, it doesn't encourage good types of play. as an exception it works for Archwing because of the scale of spaces traversed and the much lower overall Stats.

there's a lot of tools available thesedays to get extra Energy if the baseline isn't cutting it. it's up to you to be responsible enough to pick them.

if you're seeking Duration on a Warframe, you're going to already have Duration Mods in the first place, and dramatically reducing the Costs of the Abilities means you're not actually losing anything overall anyways since a shorter Ability just means Casting it more, which is exactly what you're already reducing, Casting Costs.

I just want more options. For example, I am willing to sacrifice STR for Efficiency and Duration.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, darkbrick said:

Streamline + Fleeting Expertise not enough for you?

Good heavens no. Channeling frames have diminishing returns on Fleeting anyways, since the drop to duration impacts efficiency more than just adding duration.. which.. just bugs me. Fleeting expertise is an absolute requirement to every frame I enjoy. Kinda wish we could have 190% efficiency or so. I dunno, I just like to cast a lot. Most games I have most abilities used.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kapn655321 said:

Good heavens no. Channeling frames have diminishing returns on Fleeting anyways, since the drop to duration impacts efficiency more than just adding duration.. which.. just bugs me. Fleeting expertise is an absolute requirement to every frame I enjoy. Kinda wish we could have 190% efficiency or so. I dunno, I just like to cast a lot. Most games I have most abilities used.

oh my god.

• high Efficiency greatly outweighs the Duration reduction for Energy Drain Abilities
  • one point of Efficiency is worth several points of Duration (Efficiency worth more than 3x what Duration is worth)
  • Energy Drain Abilities literally let you go to 90% Efficiency.

this is me dabbing on you complaining that Fleeting Expertise is 'bad' for Energy Drain Abilities while i get the minimum Energy Drain at 40% Duration.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

running the zenurik tree is almost a requirement for alot of heavy power use frames, so what if everyframe had basic energy regen? Maybe each frame has a trigger tongain a spike in the regen rate that coincide with their gameplay.

Or we could get some more efficiency mods

we dont need energy regen on any frame

we need to be able to select multiple skills from different schools 
since unlocking them was not a short cake walk like getting and leveling warframe or weapon

it was time consuming demanding and expensive

we should have choice AFTER WE UNLOCK ALL skills in all schools to select skills from different schools

that would not break the game that would not overpower us
and kids who would come here crying we should be locked to 1 school at a time still could lock themselfs with 1 school

so no 1 would get hurt and only ppl who want to use it would use it 

ur problem solved

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

It's unlikely channeled abilities would allow energy/s even if DE added it, considering Zenurik, and some other forms of energy income are disabled. Arcane Energize is easy to get currently, and the cost in regards to plat tanked hard.

There's also Energy Siphon for anyone absolutely desperate for any sort of energy/s increase. Even if you want to say it's too low, any free Energy/s would be nearly as low, considering the energy from archwings is also low, what keeps their energy constantly full comes from less spam and it seems energy orbs drop very frequently.

The issue with Zenurik just comes from how flawed the focus school as a whole is, the focus system should have just been skills/passives you choose, with a limit on the number skills/passives within a given category.

Edited by Yamazuki

3 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Maxed Stream + Maxed Fleeting give the best Efficiency for channeling abilities and cast cost. If your Warframe doesn't have other abilities that need duration, it is a good combo.

Edited by MPonder

I'm not really against removing energy orbs in favor of constant energy regeneration; We have so many methods of on-demand energy restoration now that I don't think it would fundamentally change how players engage with the game. 

I also don't think it's a necessary change, however. 

By giving everyone energy regen it merely removes some frames from the game.  And makes mods like Energy Siphon redundant.  It also just makes some frames just overpowered.  Especially Nuke frames.  

There are a million ways to get energy in this game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

On frames with channeling skills you can make use of 190% efficiency, those extra 15% apply on channeled skills. With 190% efficiency you are only required to have 40% duration in order to hit the cost cap on channeled skills.

Why some form of passive energy gain per second is gamebreaking when we have zenurik. Most people that don't do Eidolons could probably spam energy pizzas like there is no tomorrow for energy too since they don't spend nanos for nothing probably.

Edited by MPonder

Efficiency mods, Arcane Energize, Exodia Brave, looting abilities/augments + companions, abilities that outright refund/spawn energy, Energy Siphon, Energy Generator, Rage/Hunter Adrenalin, Equilibrium, and Energy Restores are all already in the game. Zenurik and energizing dash are not remotely close to requirements for anything, min-maxing maybe but min-maxing itself is not a requirement. We do not need more.

If anything energy is too free currently. Sure abilities are fun and all but spamming nukes to the end of time has been a detriment to a lot of the game's design for years now. It's what killed all CC frames, pushed for weapon powercreep to make them worth using compared to abilities, and is the cause for things like Nullifiers and ability resistance to exist.

• Like 1