The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Recent changes to Warframe abilities

Cype9k

I do consider getting 300 shield depleted in 1 shot and waiting for it to recover to full value for shield gate as it's cool down. You again went back to just juggling timers in your post and we don't even get any indication for shield gate timer. I don't care about your build but sounds like it's you who doesn't really know how to play limbo tbh. It's about rift space control not just afk sitting inside bubble. It's about extending that rift space through rift surge and banish. And again DE designed a mobile defence event without knowing how good limbo is at it. They can't have their cake and eat it too, this is on their fault. Why don't you post yourself soloing the 5 murex raid as just limbo and then I will take back all my points.

The nerf attitude is a really crucial problem. They add good things to the game, people like them and use them, and then... "Hey, what are you people doing? Having fun with the things we gave you? How dare you?!"

Now, wouldn't it be far better to make all the useless things that are in game *better*, and more than that, actually *enjoyable and fun*?
There are tons of weapons in game, and most of them are "build it, get mastery, trash it"; they aren't useful mechanically and even less are they enjoyable in any particular way. How about fixing those and not the things people already enjoy?
This with the added fact that players spent a lot of time and resources on building/ranking-up/forming/re-ranking-up that one weapon or frame, farming that Arcane, and so on... and then you strip away all that with an eyeblink. Not good. NOT. GOOD.
Nerf after nerf, a player is driven away from the game. It only depends how many nerfs touch something that player held "dear".

On the matter of trivializing events and stuff... well, you know, first of all, if you make an event that is a grinding grindery grindfest, a player has all the possible reasons to trivialize it as much as possible. If hours of mindless grinding could be done afk, of course I would.
Second, there's another awful mentality that needs to stop: Warframes are given fun and useful abilities and all that. That's good. Having superpowers, doing cool stuff, jumping like anime characters, these all give you a sense of freedom and potential that is very positive. But then... DE's inability to design proper challenges makes them opt for the exact same solution every single damn time: make bosses/enemies immune to damage, abilities and stuff. This is ok now and then, but NOT. EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. TIME. And on top of that, it's not ok to release something made in a way and then "uh, oh... players are doing it too well with the abilities we gave them... let's take that away... neeeeerf time!"

Who, and really, I'd like to hear an intellectually honest answer on this, WHO are players supposed to use frame abilities succesfully on? The common Grineer footsoldier and no one else, because otherwise they are too strong?

And third, excuse me if I spent time on the game and got all the instruments to make a job efficiently... should I have stayed Excalibur rank 0 with no mods, Skana and MK-I Braton? Or maybe he's too strong? He kills enemies in the first mission too quickly...
Months and months farming for stuff, and when you get close to what you wanted... BAM, NERF! (I.e. Arcane Grace). Excuse me, if I was about to enjoy the fruits of months of suffering and boredom.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Astralwanderung said:

The nerf attitude is a really crucial problem. They add good things to the game, people like them and use them, and then... "Hey, what are you people doing? Having fun with the things we gave you? How dare you?!"

i agree 100%. this is a real and critical problem right now. you simply cant keep blaming the players for being "too good" for the content. that thinking is completely backwards. your content isnt good enough if players can "trivialize" it using the very tools you gave them, in the exact way you intended them to use those tools.

we shouldnt even be having this discussion. its game design 101. "dont punish players for playing the game the way YOU designed it". if you need to buff enemies or increase natural difficulty...thats one thing...but you cant nerf the players. you dont want players to trivialize your content? sure we understand...but players dont want you to trivialize their hours and hours of time investment AND cold hard cash spent on your game.... thats a one way ticket to people abandoning your game entirely.