Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are the worst weapons in the game?(by feel or performance,or both)

(PSN)grayhyh

Primary is a tough choice for me since I like most of them, but I would say most beam weapons. They just lack a sense of impact. I like the amprex and synapse but other than that they feel meh.

Secondary goes to the spira. I just hate how slow they are for throwing knives.

Melee are the nunchucku. I just can't stand the stance for them.

I haven’t exactly kept many memories of the ‘bad’ weapons that I’ve used, nor have I used most of the weapons yet, so my list might not be the most informative. 

Primary: Mk1-Braton. It’s bad both performance and feel-wise, since it sort of feels like an airsoft gun rather than an assault rifle.

Secondary: Mk1-Kunai. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m not a huge fan of this archetype of throwable secondary; it does very little damage and doesn’t seem too rewarding to get headshots with (which is something I like in a stealth weapon). Also, the amount of stagger it has is pitiful. You might be better throwing rocks.

Melee: Probably the Lacera, it feels really wimpy and sort of janky too. The Ceti Lacera is slightly better because it looks cooler and has a bit higher stats, but it mostly feels the same too. I remember that there was one melee weapon that I liked less, but I can’t think of it at the moment

10 hours ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Mk1

lol you don't say!!!!!!!

Coffee Lol GIF by MOODMAN

You got me there! hahaha

Well on a serious note, the secondary weapon that came with Gauss. I didn't even try try to make it work because the magazine/ ammo was done after 2-3 reloads and the damage was funny. Its so bad I can't even think of the name on Gauss's secondary. ahhahahaha

Primary: Convectrix and Phage. Both of them are just sucks and not even usable. I don't get why such weapons are still on the game. It is the abomination.

Secondary: Stug. Not horrible as above, but still have bad mechanism.

Melee: All Dual Daggers. IT, JUST, SUCKS.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Shotguns. They’re effectively where beam weapons were before they got buffed. So they’re worthless outside of a few exceptions.

I'm with you there, man. There isn't very many shotguns right now that feel and play that great imo. Outside of the Exergis, Kuva Kohm, the Corinth Prime, and perhaps the Sancti Tigris, I feel most are lacking just a bit. (I fully admit that I don't have as much experience recently with the Phage and the Hek family, and that there is definitely some potential there. I just haven't taken the time to try them out after the status rework.)

I do feel the 2 handed Nikanas got hurt by phase 2 of melee rework. The tatsu was a ton of fun before hand. Now it's just ok in my opinion.

I want the Gunsen to be fun and viable but I tried to build them with a riven and couldn't get them where I liked them.

And almost every Arch-gun that isn't the Phaedra, Imperator Vandal and Cyngas needs to be looked at. It's pretty bad that those are the only three worth taking into Railjack missions.

Primary:

Shotguns. All of them.

Don't get me wrong, I love shotguns, but not in Warframe.

With how powerful our melee is, close range guns feel pointless.

The new change to their Status per Projectile makes me believe they now suck at inflicting status as well on top of their abysmal Critical.

And then there's Fulmin, which works like a shotgun but has much superior Rifle mods.

Secondary:

All weapons you hold in both hands. I hate, how when you carry something, you only have one of these guns in your hand but now it has double magazine size. That's silly.

Melee:

Old Tempo Royale was great but the new one and all weapon movesets feel clunky, unconnected, and in most cases, wasting.

Perhaps this is because I played a lot of Nier Automata recently, which has absolutely stellar melee, both visually and effectively.

Special:

All Archguns.

"Hey Tenno, we need you to get your huge ass anti ship gun to penetrate Profit Taker's thicc Armor, but it can't kill a basic footsoldier and is weaker than most of your normal weapons"

Edited by (PS4)Sentiel
  • Like 1

There aren't that many guns I hate, 

But the few that I do are snipetron (and it's vandal) - it's got the same visual design as Lanka and it is so weak that it's one of the only snipers to have good riven disposition.

The Secondaries are more but the dual cestra (and it's Secura variant) that you can't aim with cause of the recoil and can land shots cause of the travel time on a high fire rate weapon. Two of the worst Qol negatives that can be put together. Also the twin roggas and all broncos. 

The melees are much harder to hate, they are mostly all viable but the ankyros or most of the fist weapons (not the sparring weapons) are underwhelming and clunky to use. 

Wow I got more replys than i imagined,thanks for telling your experiance with your bad weapons.

I used to use tigris p for sortie bosses and strun wraith sometimes but now after the changes i only use Phage,Corinth and kohm when it comes to shotguns.

never liked the tigris familly so i can agree with the people that stated so,i hate the duplex trigger and the only 2 shots tigris has per mag its the kind of weapon that i would replace instantly with another hard hitting wep like snipers if i have them built for anything other than eidolons,tho im not a fan of snipers either.

Arca plasmor i used to like but the playstyle with it is so empty minded,even more than melees(i have no issues with melees but... u basically spam attack button then u shred anything in warframe) and arca plasmor kinda meh without a good riv to support it,without a riv its just a trash mob cleaner mostly on starchart,and since you can literally kill anything on star chartwith a well modded tree branch and a bubble gun it kinda falls short imo.

actually thats a good idea XD DE BUBBLE GUN WHEN ?

1 minute ago, (PS4)grayhyh said:

Stug i find to be more of a glue gun LOL i want a gun that shots bubbles of soap 🤣😂

Legs are the headshot for a 100% knockdown chance. Does 4 impact damage. 2 Blast damage in an AoE, but procs lvl 6 blast.. Chance to make enemy stop fighting and totally forget you were there or what they were doing. Highest critical chance in the game to proc Peculiar Bloom, but lowest critical multiplier. ...just throwing out ideas. Feel like that would have to accept that it's damage is non existent and go deep into both utility an comic relief. I tend to love weapons like that.

I will say that this has 2 ways to look at: When you have mods/knowledge and when you don't.
First scenario - you don't have all the mods, know how to use them and recourses to upgrade them. 
Most weapons feel slug-ish, hard to use and do no damage to lv above 30-40, some of them are better, but most are not.
Second scenario
Mk1-Braton vs Profit spoder

Spoiler

The only consistent weapon of all in terms of worst performance is the... stug.

Edited by vegetosayajin

Any burst or duplex weapon, exception being Quartakk since it plays more like a semi-auto.

Duplex can go diaf, just give me a real double barrel shotty where I can decide on 1 or 2 barrel discharge through alternate fire. Burst weapons just feel clunky and I'm usually a fan of burst fire in shooters. Loved my burst M4 in Battlefield, loved my Boba Fett burst rifle in Battlefront, but cannot stand burst guns in WF.

It depends at what level in the game we are talking about. Secondaries early game suck. I think after the melee rework melee weapons are solid early. Before they used to be terrible. Sybras was my MR4 weapon, till I got Ignis at MR5, which stayed with during the entire star chart. Good old days. 

Once you are MR11-12 and have the stuff that matters: Melee, any weapon with less than 20% critic chance, 20% critic damage and 15% status. Almost all primaries with exceptional few. Specifically primaries that are machine guns like. Even if they have the damage, AOE is more important. If it is a boss or similar, mostly snipers. Kinda same story for secondaries. I use secondaries mostly for utility, not damage. If you can melee it, there is no reason to range it. 

Convectrix is probably one of the worst thought through weapons in the entire game.

The whole sweeping beams thing doesn't accomplish anything productive and just hampers normal usage severely, making the thing have a persistent wide cutting field and large punchthrough maybe would help it make sense but then you're still looking at absolutely miserable base damage from it. Of course it doesn't have anything to cover the expanded blind spot nor does it have any punchthrough inherently so it remains one of the clunkiest and user-unfriendly weapons ever.

The phage follows closely in sheer arbitrary inconvenience but the more erratic spread and additional beams means it tends to hit slightly more as it focuses than convectrix at least?

Personal grip with the polearm weapon class is the stances that completely waste the inherent reach of the weapons by doing short range twirls.

22 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Worst feel right now: Basmu.

Fires very fast, but magazine is way too small.

The key is to not shot all ammo from magazine. Just shot short bursts...try not hit 0. Then its fine.

Edited by Mover-NeRo
  • Like 1