The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your best/sweatiest team comp for SS ground missions?

I run ground and I've found the most efficient way to get points is to do 3 different flotillas in each session.

The first two flotillas, you do 2 runs - the first to 17 and the second you go to round 9.  That gets you 5k points for the full bonus should the flotilla complete enough murex.   This has never failed to happen for me yet as for the first two there's plenty time for the flotilla to complete.

On the third flotilla you do two full runs of 17.  This one can be tight for the flotilla to complete so you don't always get the bonus but if we're sending enough kill codes it usually makes it.  It all depends on there being enough space teams here though.

From all of this you get 5k + 10k x 3 = 45k for three flotillas.  

You need a pretty sweaty team to do all this but I've managed it a few times with random players in recruiting.   Best squad set up I've found is slowva, wisp, limbo and a high dps frame, chroma works well once his vex is charged and because there's usually 3 players right together dps'ing the condrix all getting his buff.   Wisp is awesome for killing the sentients - just cast breach surge every time they spawn in to stun them and do a ton of damage.   A bit of range on wisp is therefore good, you don't need max strength.   With the other three getting a huge buff from chroma the waves go damn fast. 

Time wise 27-30 mins for 17w and 15 mins for 9w.  By the time you leave relay, re-invite the squad and move to next flotilla that's about 50-55 mins for the first two.  That should leave you with roughly 75 mins on the third, ample time for two full runs. 

What's your sweatiest strategy for max points? 

Limbo, Volt, Mesa, Rhino/Chroma. I know a lot of people will say "Wisp" but I don't see her offering as much to a hyper-optimized team. A casual team sure, but an optimized team can move faster and CC harder with Volt, and Volt's shield combos with Roar/Vex Armor for massive damage

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Limbo, Volt, Mesa, Rhino/Chroma. I know a lot of people will say "Wisp" but I don't see her offering as much to a hyper-optimized team. A casual team sure, but an optimized team can move faster and CC harder with Volt, and Volt's shield combos with Roar/Vex Armor for massive damage

Hmmm, good point.  I hadn't thought about volt using the vex buff to cc the sentients.  And yeah, although wisp makes you fast, the burst of speed from volt is much more for moving between condrix.   Although the constant health buff and regen from wisp is nice, shields give you basically a free life with gating.   Can't remember the last time I used his 1 but doesn't that now have an aug for an extra 100% electric damage when cast on teammates?  That's be nice.

I'll try this, thank you. 

For me the only key to going the full 17 is a limbo or frost.  You need a good DPS for the condrix(aka any frame with a lanka,  damage buff helps).  The other two guys can be whatever lol.  I personally appreciate mesa or wisp to knock out the annoying sentients who stay out of reach of melee.

I've used titania, rhino, gara, wisp... As long as I get tag teamed with a defense guy we can win.  

But ground sucks.  I do ground a little bit.   But for some reason people are not doing space now...  Space is sooo easy so I jump on Wisp host my own railjack and I can go 5 rounds solo.  Anyone extra is just icing on the cake lol.  

I have like 150k+ pts already and there is still 32 days to go lmao.......  I would say im not trying very hard either.  

I got ONE shedu part space side...  I decided to try Nekros since hydroid didnt seem to work.   Those sentient are stingy mofo's.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, nerfinator6 said:

am I missing something? I thought you had to get the flotilla to 100/100 BEFORE switching to another one to get the bonus.

Well the flotilla in general needs to achieve the 100/100 to get the extra bonus credit which can cap at 10k hence why some people do 17 condrix run and 8 condrix run to achieve the 5k and change flotilla which is why the choice of flotilla in the upcoming changes should be good

1 minute ago, Gunhawk187 said:

Well the flotilla in general needs to achieve the 100/100 to get the extra bonus credit which can cap at 10k hence why some people do 17 condrix run and 8 condrix run to achieve the 5k and change flotilla which is why the choice of flotilla in the upcoming changes should be good

Yeah, but I thought you lost the bonus if you switched before it reached 100/100

Just now, nerfinator6 said:

Yeah, but I thought you lost the bonus if you switched before it reached 100/100

Nope you will not loose the bonus if you switch flotilla. 

OT: my best line up would be :

limbo ofc cause you can just leave the op link in rift and head to the next condrix location, mesa for sentients clear up (some may even use baruuk or gara for that job), a volt with his first augment and in last a buffer such as nova,chroma, rhino. I sincerely dont find wisp a necessity for the team as the team can profit from a buffer more. And i do recommend using a redeemer with heavy attack builds or a zaw with exodia contagion for dealing damage to condrix as these can easily one shot it in early till late levels.

Limbo, then just a damage buff frame. With exodia contagion and redeemer prime, you don't need anything more than those 2. Anything else is just for faster oplink speeds and flavor.

I wouldn't use sweatiest as a description for this event. The hardest time I have had with this event so far is not falling asleep.

I've managed a couple of 20 minute Condrix runs with Volt, Frost, Nova and Mesa.

I've seen other people mention sub 20 minute runs, which would probably require deleting all sentient ads and one-shotting each Condrix the moment they open up, all the way through to no.17.

Edited by schilds

Currently the best squad ive seen for sub 20min is:

DPS (DPS for me is for ground sentients, Contagion means one shotting condrix is a moot point): Baruuk, Mesa

Buffer: Volt (for his shield, his 4 and the augmented 1)

Defense: Limbo

Last frame: open, generally run nova cos of the slows to sentients.

Auras: 4x Corrosive Projection

Weapons: 2 contagions (or 1 redeemer 1 contagion). Contagions shldnt be on ur DPS frame. Catchmoons are good for aerolyst.

Honestly getting sub 22 min is a matter of knowing the next spawns, and going below that is just having solid contagion users and ground sentient DPS

Edited by AshleaUzu

Limbo, Frost, Nova and Mesa would be my pick.

Bringing buffs for condrix is pointless since if the group has the right damage type and weapons the buffs wont matter. I mean, you have 3 dedicated dpsers for the condrix while mesa pops the sentients. Nova and Frost are enough of a damage boost/lock down versus the sentients for Mesa to pop them instantly up to 17, if you really really want more damage Mesa and Frost can provide enough of that from buffs. And a tripple redeemer or contagion setup is enough to insta gib the condrix at the same time. The only time one of the dpsers need to do something else is in the few odd waves when a aerolyst spawns, since it is prefered that someone that isnt Mesa pops the canisters so she can just ratata them with her 4.

Now if we could go beyond 17 bringing straight up buffer frames could be a useful thing.

6 hours ago, (PS4)ObnoxiousLunatic said:

Gara > Limbo for Ground assault hands down.

Gara's great in both modes, though I prefer her for Space. Mass Vit softens Sentient adaptation (and a mildly-effective wall), while Splinterstorms can be thrown on Oplinks for some DR.