Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A very long list of UI issues on PS4

(PSN)Sentiel

Here are some UI bugs and issues impeding gameplay on PS4, that are happening for quite some time with no fix yet.

1. The Murmur progress icon and boss health bar are overlapping, making Murmur progress difficult to see when a Lich is present in the mission.

aKsUmdK.jpg

Moving the status inflicted on the Lich closer to it's HP bar, and moving the Murmur progress icon below that when the Lich appears would solve the issue.

2. Replenishing Railjack payload in the Drydock or Scarlet Spear relay adds numbers over the maximum capacity. I believe these are actually present in the Railjack itself, as sometimes, my first Flux usage doesn't deplete my Flux Energy at all or with decreased value.

MlTYwAIr.jpg

3. The video transmission pop up window covers the mission information behind it. For example, any transmissions from Little Duck or Cy during Scarlet Spear totally covers the OpLink health and other event related information unless I use overlay map.

Truth be told, I would like the ability to turn these transmissions off completely, because listening to and watching Lotus explain Survival and many other things to me every single time is beyond annoying.

Visual clusteref*** as an example:

SxXFka2.jpg

Chat, Transmission, item pop up... This side of the screen is filled with too much stuff.

4. Please add a numerical counter when using Exilus Adapters of any kind, similarly to how we see our Formas and Orokin Potatoes, so we know how many Exilus Adapters we have out of our total stock while deciding whether to use one or not.

TLwqNKG.jpg

I've no idea how many I have left with this.

7tQHU6I.jpg

I know perfectly well I'm poor and have no Catalysts with this.

5. Please remove mod obscurity from the Codex. If I look on a mod I don't have, it's description cannot be read, but I can link the mod in any chat and read the description there.

This mod description obscurity is unnecessary and lowers Codex usefulness.

enOsCvI.jpg

Why do I have to go to wiki or link the mod in chat to find out what the mod does?!

EXIJsYc.jpg

6. Sometimes when a Lich or a boss spawns the entire HUD turns red and all icons turn red as well, with the exception of the Extraction, which is black. This stays even after the Lich leaves or is dealt with via Parazon, or the boss is killed.

7. When a Lich is hit by Armor affecting abilities, for example Nyx's Psychic Bolts, their shields, even if depleted, will be shown full on their HP bar although they are in fact indeed depleted. This bug disappears once the ability duration runs out but happens every time the ability is used again.

8. The option to disable full screen distortions doesn't work, at least on PS4. When you get hit by a, for an extreme example, Magnetic Lich's Kuva Nukor, you literally can't see anything over all the Magnetic and Radiation procs.

9. When my Kubrow gets downed or die, sometimes, the game doesn't give me a pop up the Kubrow is down or died. On the other hand, sometimes the pop up stays on screen even after the Kubrow has been revived.

10. Once revived, the Kubrow still has the red marker of a downed ally when it's not in my field of view.

HRbTKoSr.jpg

11. When someone reaches friendship door or extraction, the screen message informing us about this stays on the screen even though the door has been opened or the extraction has been left.

12. When using the chat and entering a new area like a relay or dojo, the chat automatically switches to the area channel, even if we were writing already in a different channel resulting in the message being sent to the wrong channel then desired.

13. On the topic of the chat, when I have a chat open during the after mission loading screen or during the mission result screen and press the square button used to start writing in the chat it also begins the mission replay as well at the same time as the square button is used for both of these actions.

14. When selecting a Bounty on Cetus or in Fortuna, the Relic contents in the possible bounty rewards on the bounty selection screen cannot be previewed, so we don't know what the Relic has in it.

aBjARvzr.jpg

DdXy3V5r.jpg

Again, the Relic can be linked in chat to see it's contents.

15. Sometimes, especially after a mission, my Kubrow, while present in the Orbiter cannot have any of its menus open and the game displays "This object has not been loaded yet, please try again later.", however waiting doesn't solve this and I have to visit Dojo, or a relay in order to customize my Kubrow or restart the game. This doesn't happen with MOAs nor Sentinels.

KUiFxSRr.jpg

16. After completing Exterminate mission objective, the red enemy marker remains on screen pointing to the last killed enemy's location.

SS9Z6zDr.jpg

17. After choosing to modify Parazon from the Lich menu, this happens. I had to restart the app to remedy this bug as nothing else worked for me.

7P52vzA.jpg

2bDiMde.jpg

BAAwhD0.jpg

I will add and remove bugs and issues as I find them or they get fixed. Also, if I get a chance, I will try to add more screenshots for the mentioned issues and bugs.

Thank you in advance for looking it it these.

Edited by (PS4)Sentiel
Changed wording and added screenshots for some of the issues
  • Like 4

Off the top of my head - inability to see if a relic is vaulted during selection in an endless mission (after the first relic round has been played). Pressing R2 while hovering over the relic shows nothing - used to show relic farm location or if the relic was vaulted. That one's been around for a while - would really like to see it fixed!

• Like 1

Thank you for posting this. Most of these are bothering me as well. 

Especially the all markers turning red (i wish this was actually feature for marking you have radiation status on you) and the information mess during Scarlet spear. 

Also I love the story related transmissions but seriously I cant even focus on those because the game teached me to ignore them completely... Thanks to the typical: "blah blah blah fellow Tenno operative blah blah blah life support blah blah choke you out." If I could turn all those typocal trandmissions I would do it immediatelly.

Edited by (PS4)danee_danee
  • Like 1

On 2020-04-15 at 12:37 PM, (PS4)crashteddy03 said:

Off the top of my head - inability to see if a relic is vaulted during selection in an endless mission (after the first relic round has been played). Pressing R2 while hovering over the relic shows nothing - used to show relic farm location or if the relic was vaulted. That one's been around for a while - would really like to see it fixed!

It would be great to have a screenshot for this. Truth be told, I don't think I own vaulted Relics, or if I do, I'm not aware of it. That said, I can understand the frustration this can cause.

20 hours ago, (PS4)danee_danee said:

Thank you for posting this. Most of these are bothering me as well. 

Especially the all markers turning red (i wish this was actually feature for marking you have radiation status on you) and the information mess during Scarlet spear. 

Also I love the story related transmissions but seriously I cant even focus on those because the game teached me to ignore them completely... Thanks to the typical: "blah blah blah fellow Tenno operative blah blah blah life support blah blah choke you out." If I could turn all those typocal trandmissions I would do it immediatelly.

I do like the idea with Radiation affecting your HUD, mismatching fried and foe to confuse you into shooting your allies on purpose.

Again, agreed, I also like story transmissions, but often miss on them because I have everything turned off except for special effects and music, because the transmissions, of all kinds, are all extremely repetitive and monotonous.

In some cases, like the Ropalolyst fight for example, they are also so intrusive they take up a good half of your screen.

We should have a option to turn these off, the same way we can turn our Operator transmissions off, but still can hear them and have subtitles for them.

On 2020-04-16 at 4:39 PM, (PS4)Sentiel said:

It would be great to have a screenshot for this. Truth be told, I don't think I own vaulted Relics, or if I do, I'm not aware of it. That said, I can understand the frustration this can cause.

I do like the idea with Radiation affecting your HUD, mismatching fried and foe to confuse you into shooting your allies on purpose.

Again, agreed, I also like story transmissions, but often miss on them because I have everything turned off except for special effects and music, because the transmissions, of all kinds, are all extremely repetitive and monotonous.

In some cases, like the Ropalolyst fight for example, they are also so intrusive they take up a good half of your screen.

We should have a option to turn these off, the same way we can turn our Operator transmissions off, but still can hear them and have subtitles for them.

Ropalolyst is seriously extreme case. I guess devs know people learned to filter transmissions out. But taking almost 50% of screen just made Lotus even more annoying instead of me feeling for her. 🙄

On 2020-04-17 at 2:39 AM, (PS4)Sentiel said:

I'll see if I can get one the next time I run relics

Screenshots:

Selecting Relic when entering missionUcSXNku.jpg

Selecting Relic for second stage1lHOPSu.jpg

I found another issue while capturing these. When looking at Relics in you inventory (not the void relic console, but directly from Inventory), some show the drops from the relics and others don't

2LAZhbo.jpg

9HrgNr2.jpg

Edited by (PS4)crashteddy03
Added screenshots

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2020-04-14 at 7:06 PM, (PS4)Sentiel said:

This doesn't happen with MOAs nor Sentinels.

Actually, it does happen with MOAs and Sentinels, just not so often. Happened to my Helios several times.

Also, there is an ancient bug with compation loadouts. If you sort loadout slot by "Date added", the first loadout slot (used to be Default when you first started the game) shares a companion with the second loadout slot. So when you change a companion in the second slot it changes in the first one and vice versa. In the new loadout selection screen it's now actually can be seen that the first loadout slot doesn't have a companion assigned to it at all.

On 2020-04-14 at 11:06 AM, (PS4)Sentiel said:

2. Replenishing Railjack payload in the Drydock or Scarlet Spear relay adds numbers over the maximum capacity. I believe these are actually present in the Railjack itself, as sometimes, my first Flux usage doesn't deplete my Flux Energy at all or with decreased value.

Overflow was added with FORGE ALL.  When you go into a mission you start with max.   If you come back to Dojo it will use overflow to automatically refill stuff.  I'd say it works as intended.  You saying u get free flux usage or decreased flux I have never seen.

3. The video transmission pop up window covers the mission information behind it. 

Truth be told, I would like the ability to turn these transmissions off completely, because listening to and watching Lotus explain Survival and many other things to me every single time is beyond annoying.

Completely agree!!

4. Please add a numerical counter when using Exilus Adapters of any kind, similarly to how we see our Formas and Orokin Potatoes, so we know how many Exilus Adapters we have out of our total stock while deciding whether to use...

Exilus adapters are pretty hard to stockpile but sure why not!

5. Please remove mod obscurity from the Codex.

HELL YEA!!!

9. When my Kubrow ANYTHING gets downed or die, sometimes, the game doesn't give me a pop up the Kubrow ANYTHING is down or died. On the other hand, sometimes the pop up stays on screen even after the Kubrow ANYTHING has been revived.

Yes

10. Once revived, the Kubrow ANYTHING still has the red marker of a downed ally when it's not in my field of view.

Super annoying

11. When someone reaches friendship door or extraction, the screen message informing us about this stays on the screen even though the door has been opened or the extraction has been left.

So sick of this

12. When using the chat and entering a new area like a relay or dojo, the chat automatically switches to the area channel, even if we were writing already in a different channel resulting in the message being sent to the wrong channel then desired.

Been like that forever so...  but sure.  It is annoying in trade frequently.

13. On the topic of the chat, when I have a chat open during the after mission loading screen or during the mission result screen and press the square button used to start writing in the chat it also begins the mission replay as well at the same time as the square button is used for both of these actions.

I do this just about every single day lol 

14. When selecting a Bounty on Cetus or in Fortuna, the Relic contents in the possible bounty rewards on the bounty selection screen cannot be previewed, so we don't know what the Relic has in it.

Cant you just click on the relic??  These might be bugs related to the new relic display ui they did

But awesome list.  This hit alot of stuff I run into on a daily basis.

My #1 UI bug would be my chat box resetting its dimensions everytime I log off/on.   I stretch my chat box all the way to the right so most stuff appears as single lines of text.  But every single day I log in I have to resize my chat box.   Why cant the game just freaking remember how I have it???

On 2020-05-27 at 3:41 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

But awesome list.  This hit alot of stuff I run into on a daily basis.

My #1 UI bug would be my chat box resetting its dimensions everytime I log off/on.   I stretch my chat box all the way to the right so most stuff appears as single lines of text.  But every single day I log in I have to resize my chat box.   Why cant the game just freaking remember how I have it???

Thank you.

I normally don't do it, but I tried to replicate the chat size bug you mentioned and can confirm it is there. I suppose it must be very annoying.

Hopefully DE will notice this thread and fix all of these.

On 2020-04-14 at 9:06 AM, (PS4)Sentiel said:

Oh man, how this #13 one bugs me the most.... #1 and #3 I can live with but yeah, improvements would be nice with clutter... Typically, I run with my HUD options pretty large so I can see my shields/health (as well as Ally squad members Health/shields/energy) easy at a glance.  The rest have been around what seems like forever, lol.

Edited by (PS4)Poestis