Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Im Sorry But Reflex Guard And Parry Are Hella Fun

Mak_Gohae

At least in Mercury....

So i forma my Prime Ex and went into M Prime with a complete set of brand new weapons and i forgot to take of a decay key i had which left me with 25 shield when i popped into the mission. I got nervous for a bit but then i remembered that i had reflex guard on! So half the time i was running around my Prime was all like, "WATATATTATATATTATA!" Blocking shots which save me from half of the attacks!

Then when i leveled and got a few points i put on Parry and i would run up on people with Ex going, "WATATATATATATT!"  Blocking shots then blocked when i got up to them and i would knock them down and finished them!

It was fun.

Of course this is going to be more difficult in higher levels but with a team a specialized frame with a melee setup could take care of heavies easily by blocking their, shots, blocking the radial blast, then making them melee and knocking them down.

But blocking doesn't block all damage. And when you block you can't shoot.

Yeah, you have to build your frame to cover that if you are going to go this route, i guess Rage still has more than just one use left.

And, yes, you cant shoot but i am using the new Bio weapon, Synapse and Embolist, which are close range so this gives me a chance to safely move in. You can apply this with shotguns too, a Strun Wraith can one-shoot  really high level standard troops if you shoot them in the face.

I think the one problem with these mods is that several of them cant just be dump in alone, some of them work better in combination with other things.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for nekroing this thread, but does anybody felt annoyed by reflex guard interrupting attacks? I have been jeopardized by this mod at times when high dps is required for survival, yet the time this mod takes to parry not only breaks the rhythm but also takes away valuable time which translates into more enemies killed and greater survival chance. All that just to block a what amount of bullets?

well, at least they got the "reflex" part right... we can't control it.

sorry for nekroing this thread, but does anybody felt annoyed by reflex guard interrupting attacks? I have been jeopardized by this mod at times when high dps is required for survival, yet the time this mod takes to parry not only breaks the rhythm but also takes away valuable time which translates into more enemies killed and greater survival chance. All that just to block a what amount of bullets?

well, at least they got the "reflex" part right... we can't control it.

Enemies get stunned after a certain amount of bullets are bounced back plus i use that time to look around to see whats happening safely.

It all depends on your gameplay style.

By the way, you can reflect while jumping and sliding. It's looks mega dope with a double weapon.