Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojos got wrecked last update

(PSN)Arrgh2112

Here are a few before and after pics. If you haven't gone through your dojos after the last update and looked at all of your rooms, I suggest you do. It's embarrassing to be on display when it looks like it does. Color, lighting, item positioning, skybox size...everything got moved/changed. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/LH9lTlg. Here's the gallery with another 40 or so screenshots. I could add another 100, but I'm not sure it would do any good.

POBFb6E.jpg

Before

9RYdG8A.jpg

After

2ZM7LK1.jpg

Before

iN8g6zh.jpg

After

zl2DbWe.jpg

Before

4BHdfr3.jpg

After

65tqhUr.jpg

Before

wEUc6jZ.jpg

After

ozRtqJu.jpg

Before

cGWMyDe.jpg

After

ms560tV.jpg

Before

OMTF49b.jpg

After

Yup, been broken since the March update.   Every dojo I've visited has the lighting all messed up because of it.   Some video examples of just how bad it is...

The system is casting light from outside the room, creating floating shadows, with some colors being worse than others which is baffling.

This is just ridiculous.

I was hoping the issue would be resolved with the Scarlet Spear update, since they added a bunch of sentient junk to the dojo, but no dice.    

Hi everyone. There are a few things working in tandem here, so I'd like to clarify!

The Observatory bounds were adjusted recently, because they caused issues like invisible walls in other Dojo rooms. It seems some objects placed out of bounds moved because of that change, and unfortunately, we can't move them back without causing further issues. Other issues you've reported are being investigated! A fix for Dojo lighting is on the way in the next major console update.

We love the magnificent structures Clans have built out of bounds, and we want you to feel encouraged to create that kind of art without worrying about possible bounds changes in the future. After reading your concerns, the team has been working on a way to keep those structures in bounds so we can properly support them.

A new Dojo room is in the works! This room will have no walls, only a small base and open skybox. You'll be able to create ginormous structures - all within the bounds supported by your Dojo!

This room is in its earliest stages of development, but I wanted to let you know now because it's a direct result of your feedback. Thank you for your beautiful creations! And for always helping us make Warframe the best it can be.

10 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

Hi everyone. There are a few things working in tandem here, so I'd like to clarify!

The Observatory bounds were adjusted recently, because they caused issues like invisible walls in other Dojo rooms. It seems some objects placed out of bounds moved because of that change, and unfortunately, we can't move them back without causing further issues. Other issues you've reported are being investigated! A fix for Dojo lighting is on the way in the next major console update.

We love the magnificent structures Clans have built out of bounds, and we want you to feel encouraged to create that kind of art without worrying about possible bounds changes in the future. After reading your concerns, the team has been working on a way to keep those structures in bounds so we can properly support them.

A new Dojo room is in the works! This room will have no walls, only a small base and open skybox. You'll be able to create ginormous structures - all within the bounds supported by your Dojo!

This room is in its earliest stages of development, but I wanted to let you know now because it's a direct result of your feedback. Thank you for your beautiful creations! And for always helping us make Warframe the best it can be.

Awesome!
I assume issues like the ones here are going to be tackled?

56 minutes ago, [DE]Helen said:

I hate complaining without offering a potential solution, so I've been thinking about one.

It might not help everyone as much as it would help me, and I don't know how feasible it would be within Warframe's framework, but if we had some sort of 'grab and move multiple items simultaneously' tool, I could just grab what I've already built and drag it back in-bounds as needed.

Either way, thank you.

14 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

PLEASE do let us move already built and decorated rooms around, It's getting too hard to build stuff with room capacity and need to tie everything with needless corridors

7 hours ago, An8rchy said:

PLEASE do let us move already built and decorated rooms around, It's getting too hard to build stuff with room capacity and need to tie everything with needless corridors

I can't see moving already decorated rooms around not leading to even more problems.  I'd just be happy with the ability to delete singular rooms without having to remove any room you built after its construction.  I understand that the problems raised by that would be floating rooms that you can't get to, and since every room is sized differently, you might not even be able to close the space to the floating room with halls, but there really needs to be some sort of Dojo Construction table that just lets you map out and delete rooms without having to actually go to them. 

I've pretty much raised the white flag. They aren't going to fix the skyboxes, they aren't going to revert the changes that moved quite a few items in the inspiration halls, and we are stuck waiting for lighting changes. The term "in the next major console update" doesn't evoke a lot of excitement. That means we are waiting for some nebulous event to occur while we have to look at the remains of what we built, all the while wondering how the lighting will be broken with the latest "update".

The new floating room is the furthest thing from what I was interested in. I simply wanted them to put the hotfix in that they did when they broke the PC dojos with the same update. We've won the dojo contest twice, and neither of us (the builders) care enough to enter again. 

Sorry if this sounds a bit bitter, but it is. We put 100's of hours into our dojo, and all we got were platitudes when we complained post-update. 

On 2020-04-27 at 4:39 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Unrelated to this particular topic, but it is related to the overall theme of dojo decoration: My clan has a lot of legacy stuff in it. Things placed by the previous warlord. Rooms that are no longer reproducible. The current warlord has very little interest in decoration, and much of the dojo languishes in a 'functional, if unpleasing' state, but worse yet is that, due to a previous individual trusted with decoration capability immediately messing with areas they were told not to mess with, our warlord has put a strict ban on anyone being allowed the decorator roles. Switching clans is not something I'm willing to do.

So, I ask while the dojo is being looked at, would there be a simple way to enact a 'lock' feature for any given room's decorating privileges, such that only the warlord may decorate it and no others?

3 hours ago, Ardhanarishvara said:

So, I ask while the dojo is being looked at, would there be a simple way to enact a 'lock' feature for any given room's decorating privileges, such that only the warlord may decorate it and no others?

Not specifically. You would have to do that in the clan management tab and it would essentially make the warlord rank the only one with decorating privileges.

8 hours ago, Vackz_ said:

So, there's hope for Landing craft room ?

Landing craft room? If you're talking about the lights, they are supposed to be adjusted (I refuse to say fixed since they invariably mess them up each update) the "next major console update".

Landing craft room? If you're talking about the lights, they are supposed to be adjusted (I refuse to say fixed since they invariably mess them up each update) the "next major console update".

I think what they're talking about is a room with people's landers in it, similar to the spawn area inside of Relays, where you can see landers coming and going, but i might be wrong.  OR they might be talking about a room with the landing craft benches in it, such as the mod bench and the crafting bench, so one could handle all that while in the dojo.   I'd say that would be a great inclusion at it could make people actually STAY in the dojo, and not just use it as a stop to grab a blueprint before never coming back again.

But to the topic, I think a "noclip" option would help dojo repairs DRAMATICALLY.   Some designs can only be feasibly built during an items construction phase, where it and other items have no collision, allowing for items and the build camera to pass/clip through them.   I'd like to think an option added to the surface snapping/free placement button to allow for no clipping, or even make the free placement option not take collision into account, wouldn't be that difficult. It won't fix what's already broken, but would make repairs a far sight easier to accomplish without having to delete an entire room just to build it back from scratch.  

And I don't think this needs clarified, but just in case, I'm not saying an item should have its collision removed once built, just in terms of when it's being handled by the build camera.  

Spoiler

Many items have wonky collision in the build menu to begin with, so its would just make things easier to just concede the point and allow true free placement. 

This is a big part of why I am so disappointed in DE's response. They completly trash a bunch of our builds then leave us hanging out to dry. Sure, just move a few pieces around, there's no issue, right? Completely wrong, some of these builds took multiple weeks to build, have hundreds of hours tied up in them. The time isn't because we can't make up our minds, it's because figuring out how to work around each pieces hit detection while building, can be a huge fight at times, then after building, you can't just go grab and drop things, it is much more difficult. Our maze is a great example of this, 840 orokin wall pieces that had to be built 1 level at a time, because after pieces are built, you can't move them, just grabbing the piece, it'll fly meters out of position, sometimes rotating at the same time. And it'll never go back to the original position. So in order to fix something that DE broke on the 4th floor of a 6 floor build guess how well that works. 3 of our observatories have over 600 pieces in the builds, they need to be moved some  20m or so to bring the cut off parts back inside the new 'skybox' (which btw, cut off thier own observatory, not just our builds) and they have to be raised 6 to 8m, because the pieces were moved down by DE, shoving parts of the observatories up into the builds.Some of these we'll just have to 'hide' or cover up as best as we can, moving the whole thing? Not really feasible. Not sure how this resized observatory broke the inspiration hall builds, but we have 10 of them, 2 seem to not be major fixes, the other 8 have pieces pulled away from walls, parts in the middle of the room just randomly moved enough to ruin the look and precision they were created with. We have found even a few of the 'gardens' have pieces moved and other issues. We started the process of fixing, and hiding and covering up, but it isn't 'simple' or 'easy' and it sure won't be 'quick'

I know many people have been affected, some just sigh and move on, a great many don't even know thier builds were messed up until you make them look closer, probablt just as many out ther just don't care. But for those out there that understand, I feel for you, I wish if DE was going to stick it to us like this, that at least they'd try to make it easier for us. Remove hit detection while in build mode somehow, would be a big help in us fixing this mess. Unfortunatly I'm old, I'm not sure I have the time to wait until DE cares about dojo building again.

On 2020-04-27 at 3:39 PM, [DE]Helen said:

Apparently this was not a "major console update" bad enough we have to rebuild 20 or 30 rooms, but it'd at least be easier if we could actually SEE in the rooms we have to rebuild.

Archived