The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 27.3.14

[DE]Megan

24 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

This will not solve Harrow being the most selfish support. It needs to give the effects of Penance and Thurible to allies hit by condemn, not just the enemies hit by it.

Boooooo I already don't like this augment because it lets the otherwise active Harrow take a back seat. I may be a tryhard, but I enjoy Harrow's design being a response to the "I can't fight so I play support" idea. If you wanna support instead of fighting, you have options. Leave me my one option that supports by fighting.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb SenorClipClop:

Boooooo I already don't like this augment because it lets the otherwise active Harrow take a back seat. I may be a tryhard, but I enjoy Harrow's design being a response to the "I can't fight so I play support" idea. If you wanna support instead of fighting, you have options. Leave me my one option that supports by fighting.

Nothing in my suggestion would change anything for you. It may get more people to play Harrow and change something for them, but not for you.

Tribunal exilus? No? Thanks, but actually, no thanks.

Harrow was supposed to get energy or whatever from "assists" and he gets nothing. He needs so many mods to be worth using in non solo scenarios and not only that, enemies need to be chained too?

And let me recap: he needs to use the 1, but the augment works for the 2nd and the 3rd. 2nd still requires energy to use while it asks you to sacrifice shields so better to activate thurible to save up the energy (don't get me started if there are nullifiers). Augment is heavily oriented on teamplay and this frame not only failed miserably to replace Trinity in any shape or form, but still is mostly solo oriented to work. Bah, confused af

So Grendel gets an augment before Gauss despite being released later. Guess its not a big deal since most augs are ineffective trash anyway, but still.

Haven't tested any of these yet but it looks like the only good one is Blazing Pillage. Catapult should've been in the base ability. Tribunal is meh. Spellbound Harvest might've been good in a game w/o Arcane energize/Zenurik.

35 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

This will not solve Harrow being the most selfish support. It needs to give the effects of Penance and Thurible to allies hit by condemn, not just the enemies hit by it.

I'm not sure I understand your post. The effects of Penance and Thurible  are heal and energy. (other benefits from Penance have only ever affected Harrow). This augment lets allies proc 50% of the heal/energy return by shooting things caught in condemn.

6 минут назад, RevanZim сказал:

Yes, still no sense since the reason for even offering Arcanes in the first place was the big rework making every Arcane have 5 ranks now and thus require 11 more if you had one maxed before. These offerings were made so that people could catch up on unexpected grind. If you already had energize maxed before, you don't need to grind for it twice. Why are Arbitration Arcanes excluded from that principle?

Why should they be included? Arbitration Arcanes are from Arbitrations, and the Scarlet Spear event is not connected to Arbitrations afair. 

6 минут назад, RevanZim сказал:

So Eidolon Arcanes don't need to grind twice but Arbitrations do? Where is the sense in that? They made a big rework and this event was supposed to be the big equalizer, but things are not equal. Why?

Why not? It can be because "Sentient Arcanes" are far, far more popular then "Arbitration Arcanes", or there could be some Arbitration-related fix or event further or later. 

Or it can be good enough without any steps to easy the way to obtain "Arbitration Arcanes" - just to make the market great again after this ten-times-cheaper-now shock about "Sentient Arcanes".

46 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Why do you keep adding new things that probably almost nobody will even use, when there are so many abandoned aspects of the game that absolutely need "revising" / "reworking", etc? I could name them all, but you've heard them all a hundred times I'm sure. I just don't get it.

Come on now. This has been their M.O. since, well, forever. The game is littered with half-finished and effectively abandoned systems, subsystems and features that don't work well, don't work well together, and are prone to breaking down even further with additional updates. Every once in a while they make a feeble cleanup attempt that fixes some things and breaks more of them (Warframe Revised, anyone?) and the overall landscape full of broken stuff remains largely the same.

This ain't gonna change. I am surprised you aren't used to it by now.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Shrednshade:

I'm not sure I understand your post. The effects of Penance and Thurible  are heal and energy. (other benefits from Penance have only ever affected Harrow). This augment lets allies proc 50% of the heal/energy return by shooting things caught in condemn.

My suggestion is that instead of just working on condemned enemies, it should be a buff you put on allies by casting condemn over them so they get the benefits of it on all enemies.

26 minutes ago, Tamop said:

Well, you know, Arbitration Arcanes are from Arbitrations, and Sentient Hunt Arcanes from Scarlet Spear event are just the same ones you obtain from Sentient Hunt on Plains of Eidolon. So I guess Little Duck sells only Arcanes obtainable from Sentien Hunt, due to we are doing Sentient Hunts at the Scarlet Spear event, not Arbitrations. 

Still no sense here?

Scarlet Spear is not a "Sentient Arcanes" type of event. The Sentient angle is nothing but fluff. SS is a "give players an opportunity to recover from the maximum Arcane rank increase" type of event. If an arcane was affected by that change, it should be part of Little Duck's shop. If it isn't, it shouldn't be.

1 minute ago, Drachnyn said:

My suggestion is that instead of just working on condemned enemies, it should be a buff you put on allies by casting condemn over them so they get the benefits of it on all enemies.

Gotcha. Yeah that would be less complicated. Make it a hold ability for condemn like Frost/Ember/Volt etc. Hold to buff party for the effects.

3 minutes ago, -AxHx-Vile said:

Getting used to something doesn't mean you like it or have to keep accepting it.

Of course you have to keep accepting it. Your only other option is to stop playing the game because, like I said, the situation we are in right now is not going to improve.

You can, however, dislike it to your heart's content... for all the good it will do.

Citation

Grendel - Pulverize Augment - Catapult
Middle mouse button to launch Grendel in your aim direction. Costs 10 Energy.

OK it's an exilus slot, but making that cost 10 energy and being an augment feels bad for something that should have been implemented in the base effect.

Citation

Hildryn - Shield Pillage Augment - Blazing Pillage
Enemies affected by Haven will be set ablaze for 200 Heat Damage and restore 50 additional Shields to Hildryn.

some will say that it's OK, but.... NO, I don't want Haven to affect both allies and foes, the base effect on foes is a lackluster, and pillage already reduce the armor (which "heat" proc will do also). And guess what, it still does solve the fact that she can use pillage when using her 4th.

So maybe appart from using that with a low strength / high range to provide some CC while still generating shield and reducing armor, but I'm still not convinced.

vor 46 Minuten schrieb NUGGet3562:

Thanks for the hotfix! Can you fix Mesa's Peacemaker not working properly in Scarlet Spear? There's a delay to it currently where I hit 4 and then start holding LMB like a good Mesa player, but it doesn't shoot my Regulators, it just shoots my Chakkhurr. I can usually get a few more shots off with it before the ability actually activates. It's getting kind of annoying and I'd appreciate if you guys could take a look at it.

Can confirm this. It is a small timespan at the beginning of Peacemaker, but it is irritating, as you think you have not properly pressed the button.

Glad to see you're improving upon Grendel. I was hoping for a Gauss augment or two though. As a Gauss main I would love it you had made an augment for his Redline ability that gave him extra sprint speed depending on how much overcharge he got on his battery. It doesn't have to be much, maybe a 10% sprint speed boost or something like that. Honestly, when I found out that Redline doesn't give Gauss a sprint speed boost was a little annoying, since it would've been a perfect opportunity to do so. And maybe for a Kinetic Plating augment working sort of like Rhino's Iron Skin augment where if you cast it a second time when it's active it would do a small radial attack of blast damage or impact damage. Just letting my ideas out there. Can't wait to see what you come up with! ❤️

Just tried to build in Titania's new augment spellbound harvest in a caster type build only to be insanely disappointed that it scales off strength like beguiling lantern. These mods are almost useless, unless you run a balanced build and balanced builds are insanely boring on titania. Can both these mods be looked at to be able to have more flexibility with builds. 

Harrow and Grendel's augment both sound like they should've just been built-in, not a mod, I can't justify using a slot for either mod in my actual builds, Grendel is too energy hungry to get much use out of Pulverize and therefore the augment for it by extension, and I tend to be a solo player so Harrow's is automatically pointless for me, Titania and Hildryn's augments do sound good though, so points for that.

36 minutes ago, kuryux said:

Fix unable to play multiplayer! Major error been going for years

Gonna have to be a bit more specific than that.. as you know, many people are playing multiplayer. This might need it's own bug report and thread to gather information and parameters that are causing problems. "Fix multiplayer," when multiplayer works for many, gives nothing for them to work with.

5 минут назад, Cyanide2018 сказал:

Scarlet Spear is not a "Sentient Arcanes" type of event. The Sentient angle is nothing but fluff. SS is a "give players an opportunity to recover from the maximum Arcane rank increase" type of event. If an arcane was affected by that change, it should be part of Little Duck's shop. If it isn't, it shouldn't be.

"To recover"? Are you sure about that? There were a ton of easier ways to "recover" max ranks for Arcanes - like giving any player a full duplicate tab of arcanes that player had at the moment. Just like the Scarlet Spear Credits Letter of Luck two weeks ago. 

And yes, Scarlet Spear is not a "Sentient Arcanes" type of event. Scarlet Spear is a "Sentient Enemies" type of event. Also, Syndicates are like Fractions at some ways. Why should Quills sell stuff from Arbiters of Hexis? 

Why don't you include the syndicates in the notes when frames get their first augment since we don't know that until we load up the game to check.

This is Grendals first one but now have to wait to figure out if I can get it for myself or if I need my friend to pick it up.

Archived